Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#74266 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/teen-ret urns-school-romney-t-shirt-fla p-132419966.html

This letter is such a friggin cop out.
That letter is not even an apology. The teacher fails to acknowledge any wrong doing and chalks it up to joking around.

She should be fired, but she won't because of the teachers union.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74267 Oct 10, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>THank you! I was sure it was this morning, so I wasn't look back far enough. Iwanted to share your posts with Nick. Last time you guys talked about it here, I told him and he was laughing out loud over it. I remember someone posted about baggies of poop being tossed on the stairs to the second floor, and you were incredulous.
Oh, this one was worse than the "stairway to poop attic" episode. Sh1t literally everywhere and the shrink guy says "Can't you smell that?" and the woman is like "I know it's a little musty from the dust and mold, but..." and "Do you really think I'm a hoarder?!"

She did not return to the house. Group home or something like that. Glad of that...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74268 Oct 10, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
She did not return to the house. Group home or something like that. Glad of that...
First time I've ever seen the shrink determine that the subject is unfit to live alone.

And did you notice that the poop problem was so bad that they did not focus any air time on the hoarding aspect of it? Usually there's all this drama about gettig rid of "their stuff", but they hardly touched on that...other than the bad food she still wanted to eat.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74269 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>First time I've ever seen the shrink determine that the subject is unfit to live alone.
And did you notice that the poop problem was so bad that they did not focus any air time on the hoarding aspect of it? Usually there's all this drama about gettig rid of "their stuff", but they hardly touched on that...other than the bad food she still wanted to eat.
I'm pretty sure there have been a couple other episodes where they put the person in a home, but it was partially because they were elderly and had mobility issues.

I kinda blame the family, and to a lesser extent the neighbors, on this one. You didn't have to go *in* the home to realize there was a severe, severe problem.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#74270 Oct 10, 2012
You guys are making me sick talking about people pooping all over their houses. Hoarders really is a train wreck. I wonder if it's on Netflix....

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74271 Oct 10, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure there have been a couple other episodes where they put the person in a home, but it was partially because they were elderly and had mobility issues.
I kinda blame the family, and to a lesser extent the neighbors, on this one. You didn't have to go *in* the home to realize there was a severe, severe problem.
The neighbors? Hmmm. Were the plethora of bottles and trash visible to the neighbors or was there a fence. I don't recall.
And her river of poop seems to have been right out her front door but behind a tree, so unless someone went up to her door, wouldth ey have noticed? Would the smell from inside the house have wafted over to the neighbors strong enough for them to determine they need to call code enforcement?

I'm not sure I'm ready to put any blame on the neighbor. The closest I get to my neioghbors is just waving as I drive by or talking to them in the driveway. I don't look over the fence to the back yard or go in their houses.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74272 Oct 10, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
Hoarders really is a train wreck.
Yes it is!
j_m_w wrote:
I wonder if it's on Netflix....
And now you'reslowing down trying to get a look at the wreck too!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74273 Oct 10, 2012
Not sure. I dvr'd mine.

I'm kind of torn with that show. I watch Intervention, because as recovering addict, it's kind of theraputic. It's a reminder of how bad things can get if you aren't vigilant and how good things are when you live right. I'm always rooting for the people at the end, no matter how horrible they are in the episode.

Hoarders? I kind of watch because I want to see how gross their house is.:-/ I want them to get help and fix their lives, but it's harder to understand. You SEE that piece of rotting whatever, just THROW IT OUT!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74274 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>The neighbors? Hmmm. Were the plethora of bottles and trash visible to the neighbors or was there a fence. I don't recall.
And her river of poop seems to have been right out her front door but behind a tree, so unless someone went up to her door, wouldth ey have noticed? Would the smell from inside the house have wafted over to the neighbors strong enough for them to determine they need to call code enforcement?
I'm not sure I'm ready to put any blame on the neighbor. The closest I get to my neioghbors is just waving as I drive by or talking to them in the driveway. I don't look over the fence to the back yard or go in their houses.
Well, I guess they didn't show how close the other houses were, but it *had* to smell pretty bad. But moreso the family, for sure. Really, she won't let you help clean up? Then start calling adult protective services and don't stop until you get help.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74275 Oct 10, 2012
We have 6 foot privacy fences and I haven't peeked over them really, but if Poo River started flowing or even wafting through my yard, I'd have to check it out.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#74276 Oct 10, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry. It came from a good place but was clearly misguided
I'm proud of you for owning up to your comment, PEllen. A lesser poster would have passed it off on *a troll* or, perhaps, a Ferrerman.

That's been done before...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74277 Oct 10, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
We have 6 foot privacy fences and I haven't peeked over them really, but if Poo River started flowing or even wafting through my yard, I'd have to check it out.
That's the question. How far does the smell travel? Outside the house, it seems like everything was in sealed bottles. So the only thing that I think would have smelled was the Poo River, so it depends on how close the neighbors were to it and how far the wind blew it. I doubt the stench from the inside of the house made its way very far out.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74278 Oct 10, 2012

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#74279 Oct 10, 2012
Poo River. Seriously. Gross!

Yep, I'm slowing down to rubberneck.
;)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74280 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That's the question. How far does the smell travel? Outside the house, it seems like everything was in sealed bottles. So the only thing that I think would have smelled was the Poo River, so it depends on how close the neighbors were to it and how far the wind blew it. I doubt the stench from the inside of the house made its way very far out.
Except wasn't she emptying one of the buckets into the front yard?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74281 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
The article didn't seem to say much, but it did mention other siblings. I read that the mom has 4-5 kids, and she's only, what, 23?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74282 Oct 10, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Except wasn't she emptying one of the buckets into the front yard?
Yes. Right out her front door behind a tree. I don't know how far the wind would carry the stench. I'm not an expert in wind dispersion of poo river stench, so I don't know. Just saying if the stench did not reach the neighbors and they weren't peeking over the fence, its easy to think they had no idea how bad it was, and that's why I'm not quick to jump on them. But the family? Yeah. they let this go on too long. Woman said she'd been eating poop(contaminated) stuff for 12 years.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74283 Oct 10, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
The article didn't seem to say much, but it did mention other siblings. I read that the mom has 4-5 kids, and she's only, what, 23?
Didn't say much?!? What more are you looking for? Glued a 2 year old's hands to the wall while she beat her and kicked her in the stomach in front of the other children and ended up in a coma. This woman needs a ticket straight to hell.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#74284 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now /mila-kunis-rocks-makeup-free- look-ashton-kutcher-185959453. html
This kind of story just baffles me.
Newsflash: Pretty girl looks pretty...EVEN WITHOUT MAKEUP! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!
Sexy as she is, even *she* can't make uggs look good.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#74285 Oct 10, 2012
Curious.
Once she is out of prison is it your position that she be allowed to have her kids back?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't say much?!? What more are you looking for? Glued a 2 year old's hands to the wall while she beat her and kicked her in the stomach in front of the other children and ended up in a coma. This woman needs a ticket straight to hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 9-22 10 min Kuuipo 11
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Tony Rome 1,111,061
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min loose cannon 178,224
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,288
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,741
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,486
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,725
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••