#74279 Oct 10, 2012
Poo River. Seriously. Gross!

Yep, I'm slowing down to rubberneck.
;)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74280 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That's the question. How far does the smell travel? Outside the house, it seems like everything was in sealed bottles. So the only thing that I think would have smelled was the Poo River, so it depends on how close the neighbors were to it and how far the wind blew it. I doubt the stench from the inside of the house made its way very far out.
Except wasn't she emptying one of the buckets into the front yard?

Location hidden

#74281 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
The article didn't seem to say much, but it did mention other siblings. I read that the mom has 4-5 kids, and she's only, what, 23?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74282 Oct 10, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Except wasn't she emptying one of the buckets into the front yard?
Yes. Right out her front door behind a tree. I don't know how far the wind would carry the stench. I'm not an expert in wind dispersion of poo river stench, so I don't know. Just saying if the stench did not reach the neighbors and they weren't peeking over the fence, its easy to think they had no idea how bad it was, and that's why I'm not quick to jump on them. But the family? Yeah. they let this go on too long. Woman said she'd been eating poop(contaminated) stuff for 12 years.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74283 Oct 10, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
The article didn't seem to say much, but it did mention other siblings. I read that the mom has 4-5 kids, and she's only, what, 23?
Didn't say much?!? What more are you looking for? Glued a 2 year old's hands to the wall while she beat her and kicked her in the stomach in front of the other children and ended up in a coma. This woman needs a ticket straight to hell.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#74284 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now /mila-kunis-rocks-makeup-free- look-ashton-kutcher-185959453. html
This kind of story just baffles me.
Newsflash: Pretty girl looks pretty...EVEN WITHOUT MAKEUP! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!
Sexy as she is, even *she* can't make uggs look good.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#74285 Oct 10, 2012
Curious.
Once she is out of prison is it your position that she be allowed to have her kids back?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't say much?!? What more are you looking for? Glued a 2 year old's hands to the wall while she beat her and kicked her in the stomach in front of the other children and ended up in a coma. This woman needs a ticket straight to hell.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74286 Oct 10, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexy as she is, even *she* can't make uggs look good.
Trust me. Made up or not, I ain't lookin at the uggs.

Evanston IL

#74287 Oct 10, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Not sure. I dvr'd mine.
I'm kind of torn with that show. I watch Intervention, because as recovering addict, it's kind of theraputic. It's a reminder of how bad things can get if you aren't vigilant and how good things are when you live right. I'm always rooting for the people at the end, no matter how horrible they are in the episode.
Hoarders? I kind of watch because I want to see how gross their house is.:-/ I want them to get help and fix their lives, but it's harder to understand. You SEE that piece of rotting whatever, just THROW IT OUT!
I watch Hoarders for the same reason you watch Intervention.

My great aunt was a hoarder (she managed to containe it to a few rooms of her house) and I can feel the same urge coursing through my veins sometimes. I have to be vigilant or the crap starts to pile up (mostly in the basement).

And I also like the feeling I get when I see that my house, while it may be messy, will never ever look as bad as what's on that show.

Evanston IL

#74288 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Trust me. Made up or not, I ain't lookin at the uggs.
She was wearing baggy sweats. What's there to look at?

Ohh, you were undressing her with your eyes, weren't you?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74289 Oct 10, 2012
RACE wrote:
Curious.
Once she is out of prison is it your position that she be allowed to have her kids back?
<quoted text>
I hope she's in prison long enough that those kids are no longer kids when she gets out.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74290 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That's the question. How far does the smell travel? Outside the house, it seems like everything was in sealed bottles. So the only thing that I think would have smelled was the Poo River, so it depends on how close the neighbors were to it and how far the wind blew it. I doubt the stench from the inside of the house made its way very far out.
I dunno, that was a *lot* of shyte. A *lot*. And lets not forget the gallons and gallons of stale pee. You know those sealed bottles all didn't stay sealed. They're old, they get stepped on, sploosh.

I'd just like to add that, yes, I am proud of this conversation. ;-)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74291 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now /mila-kunis-rocks-makeup-free- look-ashton-kutcher-185959453. html
This kind of story just baffles me.
Newsflash: Pretty girl looks pretty...EVEN WITHOUT MAKEUP! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!
If I could look like anyone, it would be her. Makeup or no makeup

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74292 Oct 10, 2012
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
She was wearing baggy sweats. What's there to look at?
Ohh, you were undressing her with your eyes, weren't you?
Hey. She's a pretty girl. Whether she's wearing a potato sack or a mini skirt, her face is always nice to look at. But yeah. What you said.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74293 Oct 10, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
I'd just like to add that, yes, I am proud of this conversation. ;-)
I shared the story of the episode with about 6 people here at work.:)

Location hidden

#74295 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't say much?!? What more are you looking for? Glued a 2 year old's hands to the wall while she beat her and kicked her in the stomach in front of the other children and ended up in a coma. This woman needs a ticket straight to hell.
I meant, say much about her other kids. They mention that the 2yo had siblings, but that's it. I found another article on this this week that was more specific about how she's just popping kids out every year.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74296 Oct 10, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant, say much about her other kids. They mention that the 2yo had siblings, but that's it. I found another article on this this week that was more specific about how she's just popping kids out every year.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/eliz...

5 kids.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74297 Oct 10, 2012
Co-workers are joining in now. Just got this link sent to me to compare to poop river lady.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/las-vega...

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74298 Oct 10, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
Five kids who should NEVER EVER have to see her again.
Personally, I feel these sort of cases should have forced sterilization as PART of the sentence. She should never be allowed to have another child to abuse, or ever be allowed alone with children again in her life.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#74299 Oct 10, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
Co-workers are joining in now. Just got this link sent to me to compare to poop river lady.
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/las-vega...
They *always* have cats, don't they.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min shinningelectr0n 1,153,008
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 22 min Sublime1 19
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Edmond Pulpo 181,698
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr D_e_ath__to__tyrants 70,986
Deat Abby 12-16 1 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 3 hr cute_bwoy 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News