Since: Mar 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#74183 Oct 8, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. Is there something wrong with her? Does she have a self-esteem issue? It just seems so over the top to relinquish so much control so quickly and willingly.

I guess with guys she does. She's a good friend, a loyal employee, a loving member of her family... I don't get this, but it is a pattern in her dating life that I've seen.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74184 Oct 8, 2012
PEllen wrote:
Contact the old bf yourself and let him know a rescue or sanctuary might be needed.
sanctary? i don't know where the old bf is in his desire to get back together, but its quite possible that he wanted her back under the belief that she was single. He might not want anything to do with crazy current bf drama. Seems to me it would be unfair to him to involve him in this if her only reason for involvement is to get away from crazy.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#74185 Oct 8, 2012
I dont get your point.
I never said the franchise was above doing stupid things, only that if I learned of it, I would cease my support. How is that analogous to your story?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I know someone who is an Ohio State fan. No longer lives around here. I would never here from him until right around football season. Then he would lay down a little smack. After getting their asses whupped by UF, he had a particular disdain for Urban Meyer(and all things Florida in general - the state, not the school). Then rumors began to swirl about Urban Meyer as a candidate for the head coach job. On the morning that it was announced that Urban Meyer was the new head coach, I sent him an email asking what he thought about Urban being his new coach. He apparently thought I was referring to the rumors and responded something like OSU would never hire that "scumbag" and if they did, that would be the last day he watched Buckeye football. I told him he might wanna jump online and read a paper.
Have not heard back since. I still wonder if he gave up his Buckeyes that day.

Neda, stay with me!

#74186 Oct 8, 2012
Sorry, beer,wine mix talking here...
Tell your friend that she is the best friend in the world for looking out for you, and then tell her you want to do the same.
Normal relationships are not built upon suspicion
Normal relationships are not about control
Normal relationships do not mean you stop being who your are
etc. etc. etc.
Maybe it will be what you need to take your focus off of your own troubles and help someone who really does have problems!
Love ya honey!
j_m_w wrote:
I know, you guys, I know... She needs to run, but I can't come out and tell her that or I'll lose her trust. And the last thing she needs is to feel abandoned by her friends.
Pelly, it has crossed my mind to set up a situation to force his hand and get him to end things. That sounds so horrible, but better to be dumped than beat up - or worse.
She brought me a really sweet card tonight, about life changes and friendship and love and support. She's such a caring person... she deserves someone who will treat her accordingly. My heart breaks for her.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74187 Oct 8, 2012
RACE wrote:
I dont get your point.
I never said the franchise was above doing stupid things, only that if I learned of it, I would cease my support. How is that analogous to your story?
<quoted text>
no point really. but it is an analagous tangent. you said you'd stop being a fan if they traded for someone like vick. guy i know issued a similar statement reguarding hiring urban meyer. just curious as to whether he followed thru.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#74188 Oct 9, 2012

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#74189 Oct 9, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess with guys she does. She's a good friend, a loyal employee, a loving member of her family... I don't get this, but it is a pattern in her dating life that I've seen.
Stay out of other people's drama. Share your opinion and offer her support but she's gonna make her own decisions.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74190 Oct 9, 2012
i'm pissed off. every other day there's a story like this. where were they when i was in school?

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/10/the-cin...

Miami, FL

#74191 Oct 9, 2012
RACE wrote:
Sorry, beer,wine mix talking here...
Tell your friend that she is the best friend in the world for looking out for you, and then tell her you want to do the same.
Normal relationships are not built upon suspicion
Normal relationships are not about control
Normal relationships do not mean you stop being who your are
etc. etc. etc.
Maybe it will be what you need to take your focus off of your own troubles and help someone who really does have problems!
Love ya honey!
<quoted text>
Thanks. This is solid. Imagine how great your advice would be if you were sober!
;)

Miami, FL

#74192 Oct 9, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay out of other people's drama. Share your opinion and offer her support but she's gonna make her own decisions.
I don't want to be part of the drama... but I've never been truly afraid for a friend before like I am now.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74193 Oct 9, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. This is solid. Imagine how great your advice would be if you were sober!
;)
What would the Beatles have been like without the LSD during the later years? Boring. What would Jim Morrison's poetic rock songs be like if he wasn't stoned while writing? Think of Sid Barrett era Pink Floyd without the crazy.

Beer is race's creative spark.

Miami, FL

#74194 Oct 9, 2012
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>What would the Beatles have been like without the LSD during the later years? Boring. What would Jim Morrison's poetic rock songs be like if he wasn't stoned while writing? Think of Sid Barrett era Pink Floyd without the crazy.
You're right, and after I hit post I wished I would've said: drinking makes you brilliant!
:)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74195 Oct 9, 2012
That's messed up, Jam. But I think that if she told you this, you have the right to dole out advice. I think she absolutely knows it's wrong, but hearing it from someone else might validate that.

Who *are* these guys and why do they think this stuff is okay?

“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#74196 Oct 9, 2012
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Stay out of other people's drama. Share your opinion and offer her support but she's gonna make her own decisions.
I'm sorry, babe. Do we get a volvo discount?

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#74197 Oct 9, 2012
Matilda77 wrote:
That's messed up, Jam. But I think that if she told you this, you have the right to dole out advice. I think she absolutely knows it's wrong, but hearing it from someone else might validate that.

Who *are* these guys and why do they think this stuff is okay?
I think she should say something too. The guy sounds like a total nut job.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#74198 Oct 9, 2012
As big of an as$ as he is, you'd think it would bring her satisfaction to tell the guy to f' off.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74199 Oct 9, 2012
Say to your friend, "If I were with a guy treating me like this, would you want me to stay with him?"

Miami, FL

#74200 Oct 9, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Say to your friend, "If I were with a guy treating me like this, would you want me to stay with him?"
Oooh, that's a good one.

Neda, stay with me!

#74201 Oct 9, 2012
Thats the nicest thing you have ever said to me! Thanks!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>What would the Beatles have been like without the LSD during the later years? Boring. What would Jim Morrison's poetic rock songs be like if he wasn't stoned while writing? Think of Sid Barrett era Pink Floyd without the crazy.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74202 Oct 9, 2012
RACE wrote:
Thats the nicest thing you have ever said to me! Thanks!
<quoted text>
Rush is awesome!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 69,974
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 25 min Youtube 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 49 min KiMare 50,588
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min wojar 179,265
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr sonicfilter 1,124,815
Chicago a model city 5 hr Just me 6
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 6 hr Getagrip 44
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]