Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#74156 Oct 8, 2012
It's not a regular live chat. Prudie is on vacation , so some other person is fielding questions *about* the column. Even I don't get that bored.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#74157 Oct 8, 2012
I dont know either, I also ignore anything about him. I dont respect the man on any level, and if he is ever hired by my Giants, that will be the day I stop being a fan.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't know that he's reformed -- I guess I haven't heard him saying how he's changed. Does he claim to have been reformed?
I don't even really care in the answer. I try to not think about the topic, so I avoided most VIck coverage.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74158 Oct 8, 2012
Awww...Danny Devito and Rhea Pearlman separated.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#74159 Oct 8, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
It's not a regular live chat. Prudie is on vacation , so some other person is fielding questions *about* the column. Even I don't get that bored.
and even THAT is a rerun!! the column says's she'll be back on 9/4!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#74160 Oct 8, 2012
RACE wrote:
I dont know either, I also ignore anything about him. I dont respect the man on any level, and if he is ever hired by my Giants, that will be the day I stop being a fan.
<quoted text>
It is your right to use whatever criteria you want to justify rooting for or against any team, but do you think the NFL(including the Giants) is full of chior boys? How do you feel about Lawrence Taylor? He's had quite a few run ins with the law since his playing days. DO you think he was not doing any of those things during his playing days? Sexual miscondict with a 16 year old? How bout Dave Meggett? What's he in jail for? 30 years for rape? Is it your position that, as far as the Giants organization knew, those players were not committing heinious crimes while they were players and then started only after they retired?

The same way you can speculate that Vick might make a side bet thru a friend, I speculate that the Giants(and every other NFL organization) care more about wins than the character of their players. Character is a "nice to have", but not required. Ben Rothlisberger. Accused of rape. Think the Steelers would have suspended him if the NFL didn't? I don't. Nor do I think the Giants would have.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#74161 Oct 8, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I skimmed it. I don't remember/haven't read many of the original letters, but I can tell from this sample that Prudie gets way more original letters than Amby.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#74162 Oct 8, 2012
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I skimmed it. I don't remember/haven't read many of the original letters, but I can tell from this sample that Prudie gets way more original letters than Amby.
How did your weekend go? You have said a lot about your friend, but not much about you. Are the dogs moping?

Miami, FL

#74163 Oct 8, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>How did your weekend go? You have said a lot about your friend, but not much about you. Are the dogs moping?
Thanks for asking.
:)

The dogs are doing better than I thought, and Jasper and I are both doing worse. Eh... that's a harsh way of putting it. We're each having a harder time than we thought. We're talking every day and I'm sure he'll visit at some point within the next several weeks.

I spent a lot of time home with the dogs this weekend and I think that helps. I was home on Friday night, out for most of the Gator game on Saturday afternoon, then home all evening. My friend L came over on Saturday night to hang out and watch Miami-Notre Dame, and she loves dogs so the dogs got both our attention all night. I went to church yesterday morning but I was home all afternoon & evening. I was supposed to go to another friend's house for the Eagles-Steelers game but I cancelled... I was super tired from not sleeping much on Saturday night, and then I got an email from work and had a quick little project to do anyway.

Neda, stay with me!

#74164 Oct 8, 2012
I believe I read once that Parcells knew Taylor was doing blow, but turned a blind eye. Your comparing apples to oranges, screwing a 16yr old is not akin to killing dogs.

If I have to split hairs with you, I would say this.
I dont think the Giants should knowingly hire someone who does coke, but in the end, he is only hurting himself, he is not stomping on puppies. So if he can play, letem.

But I dont think the Giants should knowingly hire someone who gleefully stomped puppies to death, and ran a dog fighting ring.
If they did, then they lose me as a fan.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>It is your right to use whatever criteria you want to justify rooting for or against any team, but do you think the NFL(including the Giants) is full of chior boys? How do you feel about Lawrence Taylor? He's had quite a few run ins with the law since his playing days. DO you think he was not doing any of those things during his playing days? Sexual miscondict with a 16 year old? How bout Dave Meggett? What's he in jail for? 30 years for rape? Is it your position that, as far as the Giants organization knew, those players were not committing heinious crimes while they were players and then started only after they retired?
The same way you can speculate that Vick might make a side bet thru a friend, I speculate that the Giants(and every other NFL organization) care more about wins than the character of their players. Character is a "nice to have", but not required. Ben Rothlisberger. Accused of rape. Think the Steelers would have suspended him if the NFL didn't? I don't. Nor do I think the Giants would have.

Miami, FL

#74165 Oct 8, 2012
On Sunday afternoon, I fell asleep on the couch watching football. When I woke up, for a second I thought everything that has happened with Jasper moving was a dream. THAT sucked, but the rest of my weekend was pretty good, considering.

Neda, stay with me!

#74166 Oct 8, 2012
OH sure,
Empty light bulbs and peanuts...Truly the comments of a great mind!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#74167 Oct 8, 2012
::waves as she flies by on her way to fo MORE reading::

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74168 Oct 8, 2012
RACE wrote:
But I dont think the Giants should knowingly hire someone who gleefully stomped puppies to death, and ran a dog fighting ring.
If they did, then they lose me as a fan.
<quoted text>
I know someone who is an Ohio State fan. No longer lives around here. I would never here from him until right around football season. Then he would lay down a little smack. After getting their asses whupped by UF, he had a particular disdain for Urban Meyer(and all things Florida in general - the state, not the school). Then rumors began to swirl about Urban Meyer as a candidate for the head coach job. On the morning that it was announced that Urban Meyer was the new head coach, I sent him an email asking what he thought about Urban being his new coach. He apparently thought I was referring to the rumors and responded something like OSU would never hire that "scumbag" and if they did, that would be the last day he watched Buckeye football. I told him he might wanna jump online and read a paper.

Have not heard back since. I still wonder if he gave up his Buckeyes that day.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#74169 Oct 8, 2012
Trick or treating at cycle's house:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ie-_o9GinwY/UGV89ZS...

Bwahaha!

:D

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74170 Oct 8, 2012
OMG! I am watching hoarders. Quite possibly the most disgusting one I've ever seen. This woman has wall to wall filth. Toilet does not work. She poops in a bucket. Before that, she used to put poop and pee in like gatorade bottles. There are dozens, maybe hundreds of seaped bottles filled with liquid shit. When her bucket is full, she uses a mug to transfer it to a smaller bucket that she can manage to carry outside. She just empties it right in the front yard. She showed the cleaner dude one of her poop bickets stained with residue and dry poop and he asked about her handwashing practices. She doesn't.
Cleaner said its the worst place he's evet been. Stinks to high heaven. Poop bottles everywhere. open buckets. Puddles of it outside.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74171 Oct 8, 2012
Wow. The cleaner said this is undoubtedly the worst ever. They brought the hazmat team out. I counted no less than 17 trash cans that they filled with bottles of poop and piss. He said that each can had about a hundred gallons. They had to open each bottle and por it into some neutralizing agent(loked like a portapotty). Everything in the house is contamonated. she was complaoning that they wanted to throw away her food. unopened container of salad...that had never been refridgerated. unopened bag of bread...covered on mold. she intended to just pick ghe mold off.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74172 Oct 8, 2012
hah. and all those bottles did not include the mountain of the piled up inside the house

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#74173 Oct 8, 2012
Awesome! My sister texted me--"Please tell me you're watching Hoarders". We were not. I'll have to watch tomorrow, but not during dinner...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#74174 Oct 8, 2012
dr determined that she is incapable of living on her own. first time i"ve seen that. it eas determined that they would have to strip house down to stud and start over to salvage it. cost: 150k.

cost to bulldoze and rebuild: 145k

Boynton Beach, FL

#74175 Oct 8, 2012
Ew!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do want to be an artist? 4 min ARTIST LINE 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Sgt Prepper 180,988
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min litesong 48,606
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 45 min shinningelectr0n 1,144,590
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,530
World's Best Photo Art 2 hr Zeke 7
ask amy 11-28 4 hr RACE 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:07 pm PST