Jealous much!?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#67255 May 18, 2012
squishymama wrote:
Hey Mimi! Stay away from this guy.
:D
http://news.yahoo.com/deceptive-chimp-hides-a...
Ha! Right?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#67256 May 18, 2012
Yeah, but standing out makes you a target for the protesters, which can incite the anarchy. If you are not a target for them, then they need to find another to target, and maybe they wont and no anarchy will result.
Tough call, but I agree, dont give them a reason to start a show.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Two friends (former regs here!) work in DT CHicago, and they were told to "dress down" (jeans) to blend in with protesters. Which I think is weird -- if something bad goes down (1968 Democratic National Convention, anyone?), I'd want to stand out as someone who looks like they work downtown.

#67257 May 18, 2012
Weekend plans....
Well let me ask you good folks something

Have you ever been in a meeting and have someone storm out crying that they thought someone was looking at them like they wanted to kill them?

Me neither, until today.

Sigh!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#67258 May 18, 2012
RACE wrote:
Weekend plans....
Well let me ask you good folks something
Have you ever been in a meeting and have someone storm out crying that they thought someone was looking at them like they wanted to kill them?
Me neither, until today.
Sigh!
Quit creeping out the poor receptionists!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#67259 May 18, 2012
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials...

Road Rage: Woman beaten with milk bottle
skankasaurus

Redwood City, CA

#67260 May 18, 2012
awesome

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#67261 May 18, 2012
Nick's youngest (5) was at day care today. he wanted to wear his new baseball hat (tball), so Nick let him.

He wasn't feeling so well at some point this morning, and told his babysitter that he was going to throw up. Before she could do anything, he took his hat off and puked in his hat!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#67262 May 19, 2012

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#67263 May 19, 2012
I did it, Jmw (walked home)-- left around 7;15 got home at 8:15 (I stop at the convenience store that's exactly at the half-hour mark to get water and pop). But my legs are tired! I feel like I keep a good pace, but I'm only 5'2"!

Got home, smoked a bowl :), took Mia outside to the courtyard to eat grass and tap spiders and other bugs with her paw, now gonna chill. It's only 10 but I feel like I want a cocktail! Like it's a holiday weekend and I'm on vacation or something!

jmw think some cookies you like that can take the summer heat re: mailing. Oatmeal raisin? Lower butter content is key. maybe I'll experiment and make bars (which I normally don't make because I don't care for bars). So think about that.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#67264 May 19, 2012
Good start to the weekend, Angela! i've been awake for an hour and half, and about all i got done so far is make the shopping list... the kids behind us (including "he whose testicles have yet to descend") are out running aroudn. once i get the motivation, i'll get off the couch, shower, "check the fields" and run to the fabric store and grocery store. have to make something for a baby shower and still need ideas and inspiration...

“Dude Seriously?!?!”

Since: Jan 09

New Orleans (but I live in FL)

#67265 May 19, 2012
Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Hope everyone is good. :)

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#67266 May 19, 2012
Weekend: Bio lab done. We built a dragon (on paper)...genetics. Three more to go than I can have my Saturdays back.

Pop quiz: If fangs are a recessive trait, how is it that most dragon's have them?

Laundry...house cleaning, reading for class on Monday, FREAKING MATH CRAP(!), cooking. <shrug> Same old, same old.

Making chili tonight. Kind of cool and overcast, so I went and got all the stuff to make it. Cornbread too.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Scenic Manitowoc County WI

#67267 May 19, 2012
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Phil- check the weather especially for teh return trip. They are predicting really nasty stuff in the immediate Chicago area and nastier as you get north. You don't want to make any annual reenactments.
Anyway, glad you are coming down. When you are at Macy's, walk over a block west to see the Santa Village ( and the tree)in Daley Plaza. They have really neat hand blown glass ornaments that aren't expensive and lots of German handicraft stuff
You were right. The weather on that drive home was terrible. Took 5 hours to drive the 180 miles.

Wow, I haven't been on here for a LONG time.

Boynton Beach, FL

#67268 May 19, 2012
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I did it, Jmw (walked home)-- left around 7;15 got home at 8:15 (I stop at the convenience store that's exactly at the half-hour mark to get water and pop). But my legs are tired! I feel like I keep a good pace, but I'm only 5'2"!
Got home, smoked a bowl :), took Mia outside to the courtyard to eat grass and tap spiders and other bugs with her paw, now gonna chill. It's only 10 but I feel like I want a cocktail! Like it's a holiday weekend and I'm on vacation or something!
jmw think some cookies you like that can take the summer heat re: mailing. Oatmeal raisin? Lower butter content is key. maybe I'll experiment and make bars (which I normally don't make because I don't care for bars). So think about that.
Jealous on many counts!

I went to sleep pretty early last night so I was wide awake with 8 hours under my belt at 7. Considered going for a walk, caught up on DVR'd Housewives of OC and 90210 instead.

Oatmeal raisin sounds good either as cookies or bars, I'm not picky.:) I used to not like oatmeal raisin cookies but if they're moist and hearty, they can really hit the spot.

Right now I'm craving meat. <insert joke here>
I think I've had too many carbs recently: pizza last night, Subway for lunch today. I'd like a burger for dinner. And a bottle of wine, since I restocked today at Total Wine with a coupon that I "had" to use since it expires while I'm out of town next week.

Boynton Beach, FL

#67269 May 19, 2012
Oh, and I got my first library card since I was in high school today. I got it to use on Kindle since I've spent way too much BUYING books, but now that I've logged on, the library has a disappointingly small ebook collection. There must be a better way!

#67270 May 19, 2012
Well, I haven't been on here in a VERY long time.
Doesn't seem to look any different.

I was recently asked a question by someone, and I thought I would throw it out to see if anyone had any thoughts.

Her question:
"We were divorced in September of 2011. Decree awarded him the house and 100% of the financial responsibilities for the house.

As I was on the mortgage with him, he agreed to refinance in his name only. His bank called me in to sign papers for the refinance, and I signed them. The bank said it was approved and all done.

Yesterday, I went to get a mortgage to buy a new home for myself, and I was told
1) He never refinanced. I am still on his loan. He didn't like the new terms of the refinance, refused to sign and never informed me.
2) He hasn't made a payment in three months and because of this, my credit score has dropped significantly.
3) I am now unable to get approved for a mortgage to buy my own home.

Can I go to court and sue him to take the house? He can not and will not pay for it. He can not or will not refinance and remove my name from the mortgage. If I have to pay for the house, should I not be able to have him evicted in order to allow me to live there? Or, do I just have to make his payments so that he can live for free while I have to live in a tiny apartment? "

Any thoughts?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#67271 May 19, 2012
Kinder and Gentler Phil wrote:
Well, I haven't been on here in a VERY long time.
Doesn't seem to look any different.
I was recently asked a question by someone, and I thought I would throw it out to see if anyone had any thoughts.
Her question:
"We were divorced in September of 2011. Decree awarded him the house and 100% of the financial responsibilities for the house.
As I was on the mortgage with him, he agreed to refinance in his name only. His bank called me in to sign papers for the refinance, and I signed them. The bank said it was approved and all done.
Yesterday, I went to get a mortgage to buy a new home for myself, and I was told
1) He never refinanced. I am still on his loan. He didn't like the new terms of the refinance, refused to sign and never informed me.
2) He hasn't made a payment in three months and because of this, my credit score has dropped significantly.
3) I am now unable to get approved for a mortgage to buy my own home.
Can I go to court and sue him to take the house? He can not and will not pay for it. He can not or will not refinance and remove my name from the mortgage. If I have to pay for the house, should I not be able to have him evicted in order to allow me to live there? Or, do I just have to make his payments so that he can live for free while I have to live in a tiny apartment? "
Any thoughts?
Get a lawyer. It doesn't matter here what the divorce decree says, if you're not removed from the loan, you will still be held responsible for it. Mortgage, credit card, whatever.

#67272 May 19, 2012
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Get a lawyer. It doesn't matter here what the divorce decree says, if you're not removed from the loan, you will still be held responsible for it. Mortgage, credit card, whatever.
That was my advice. Get a lawyer to fight for the house. And in the mean time, pay his mortgage to save your credit. If nothing else, I do know that she can make his payments and sue him in small claims court for the amount she pays.

#67273 May 19, 2012
Lawyer yes
payments no
After 4 months they will not accept back payments, they want it brought up to date. Her credit is shot for the next 7yrs anyway, tell her to bank that money for a bigger down payment. If she can force him to give up his rights to the house, she can work with the bank to refinance or work on a short sale.
Kinder and Gentler Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my advice. Get a lawyer to fight for the house. And in the mean time, pay his mortgage to save your credit. If nothing else, I do know that she can make his payments and sue him in small claims court for the amount she pays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Armed Robberies in 7 Days in Oak Forest 35 min OF Mom 24
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,207,932
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr truth-facts 52,422
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr red and right 185,974
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cold Front 69,321
Local Politics Do you approve of Daniel Lipinski as Representa... (Sep '12) 3 hr Fane 2
Jailbird Jesse Jackson Jr 4 hr Run Jesse Run 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]