Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1616855 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick n Angela

United States

#1200499 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Don't know what's more disturbing...a president who thinks we really ARE that stupid or people who really ARE that stupid.
This president pounded his chest once again using the same exact words GW Bush used "This is a core principle of my presidency: if you threaten America, you will find no safe haven."
Don't get me wrong. A lot of us are shocked he's actually doing SOMETHING even if it's leading from behind because he knows the public is demanding him to act like a president.
But that speech was as theatrical and full of pretense and completely opposite of everything he has said about fighting this threat including the glib remarks diminishing it as a threat as recently as three weeks ago...and only now is willing to do anything about it after going against the advise of everyone including his generals and even his Secretary of State, Clinton, months ago.
If the American people lost interest in fighting ISIS next week, this president would end it in a heartbeat and follow - not lead - from behind just like the sheep he is.
That speech went against the grain of everything he is as an anti-war liberal who boasts about being a president who ends wars, not starts them - but he screwed up what was already won and now we're back in it again - not by HIS choice but because it's politically expedient.
When national security is the issue, there's no room for politics. But this president wrote the book about politics first and the consequences be damned even if it means ignoring threats until he's forced by public pressure into taking action. He's supposed to lead US. Not the other way around.
He fooled no one by that speech...except the easily fooled.
At least he knows he has to be presidential and be decisive about finally doing something in the face of this new crisis even if it's like pulling teeth. Sorry, but that's not all that reassuring to me.
.".........except the easily fooled."
Irony Meter :-)
Jackie Lynch

East Hartford, CT

#1200500 Sep 10, 2014
National Association of Girls big shot Terry O'Neill out to ruin NFL.

NAG president calls for the resignation of Roger Goodell.

Wait...did the commish call Ray Rice a ¨n****r¨ in 2008?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1200501 Sep 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not surprised that you would prefer Bush/Cheney. We really need yet another quagmire war.
And really, Still calling Obama a Muslim?
My God.
I prefer lying, hypocritical failure and 1% er for BO
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1200502 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Stossel is a staunch libertarian. He doesn't want the government involved in anything - even making sure our is food is safe for consumption.
He's entitled to his opinion. But you have to go after the bad guys who threaten to kill us. It's a rule.
Just curious though...do you prefer the word "dumb" or "dumber" tattooed on your forehead?
If you bought that "tough guy" speech tonight, you might as well choose one.
a staunch libertarian......... usually has a government job, then wishes small government as long as he can mooch
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1200503 Sep 10, 2014
Jackie Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not watch FOX nor do I care what they broadcast nor how they broadcast it. I do know that the race card is still mightier than the sword -- a WHOLE LOT mightier -- and criticism of Obama has been and still is called racism.
No big deal you may say?
Folks are having their lives ruined by you people because they said ¨n****r¨ 30 years ago.
you people? lives ruined?

i guess they should have kept their mouths shut. whoever they are, fictional or not, they deserve whatever they get. last i checked the First didn't say anything about not paying a price for using it.

“you know i know”

denver

#1200504 Sep 10, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why is it all they do is complain about America and lament about how other places are so much better...
... but never LEAVE!
No, fartsack, it's the fleabag flibs always building up Europe, but staying right here and collecting their welfare checks.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1200505 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Don't know what's more disturbing...a president who thinks we really ARE that stupid or people who really ARE that stupid.
This president pounded his chest once again using the same exact words GW Bush used "This is a core principle of my presidency: if you threaten America, you will find no safe haven."
Don't get me wrong. A lot of us are shocked he's actually doing SOMETHING even if it's leading from behind because he knows the public is demanding him to act like a president.
But that speech was as theatrical and full of pretense and completely opposite of everything he has said about fighting this threat including the glib remarks diminishing it as a threat as recently as three weeks ago...and only now is willing to do anything about it after going against the advise of everyone including his generals and even his Secretary of State, Clinton, months ago.
If the American people lost interest in fighting ISIS next week, this president would end it in a heartbeat and follow - not lead - from behind just like the sheep he is.
That speech went against the grain of everything he is as an anti-war liberal who boasts about being a president who ends wars, not starts them - but he screwed up what was already won and now we're back in it again - not by HIS choice but because it's politically expedient.
When national security is the issue, there's no room for politics. But this president wrote the book about politics first and the consequences be damned even if it means ignoring threats until he's forced by public pressure into taking action. He's supposed to lead US. Not the other way around.
He fooled no one by that speech...except the easily fooled.
At least he knows he has to be presidential and be decisive about finally doing something in the face of this new crisis even if it's like pulling teeth. Sorry, but that's not all that reassuring to me.
This is Luke Russert's--a Lib--opinion of the speech

"Obama was forceful tonight in his delivery and presentation so if you didn't process the words, it looked/sounded ok"

“you know i know”

denver

#1200506 Sep 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Poll: Many Americans Feel Less Safe
Nearly six in 10 say the government has not done all it could to make the country safe from future attacks.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-many-america...
I blame the failure Obumbles, you must too, he's in charge after all.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1200507 Sep 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Can you post the article?
Progressive speak as they attempt to spin reality to fit their narrative. Pure sarcasm

“you know i know”

denver

#1200508 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the US electorate wanted us out of Iraq. as did the iraqis...
The US electorate din't want us in WWI or WWII, the demorat presidents did. fact

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1200509 Sep 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Can you post the article?
I believe that was sarcasm.

“you know i know”

denver

#1200510 Sep 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Young black man warns Ferguson’s white establishment:‘We’ve got the power — you don’t’
“So mayor,” he concluded,“you better enjoy that seat, because November is coming up, and you are out!”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/10/young-b...
great, finish the destruction of their own town they've already started. Can you say Detroit, Run a Mug?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1200511 Sep 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
stance......
A SHOCKING Prediction For Obama’s Speech on ISIL Tonight
It is long past time for wavering and skimming along the edges of political opinion. The seriousness of threats facing our nation and world require forthright language and action. Therefore, News Corpse is prepared to make a bold prediction about the aftermath of the highly anticipated speech by President Obama this evening. Are you ready?
“Republicans and Fox News are going to HATE Obama’s speech and viciously attack it and him.”
....If Obama says anything other than that he has just personally killed Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi with his bare hands and that he was also resigning and appointing a right-wing hero (i.e. Ted Cruz, Vladimir Putin) to succeed him, the Fox News contingent will savagely pummel him with a single-minded devotion to their knee-jerk, tunnel-blind, ignorant, hysteria. That’s my prediction anyway.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
able.
He's a political puppet pulled by the strings of party hacks and now public opinion.

Yes, we're glad he's doing something - FINALLY - to show the enemy and the rest of the world he's not a complete wimp - and, therefore, the rest of us of whom he represents.

But had it not been for a public outcry turning on him after those two beheadings, he'd still be diminishing this threat and trying to ignore it on the golf course.

He's auditioning again for the role of president in this production he now thinks he's in.

If he actually listens to advise from anyone with any experience in warfare and defeating an enemy instead of Valerie Jarrett and his other stoolies who know about as much as he does about the real world, we might have a fighting chance to destroy this enemy who has nothing else to do but kill anyone in their path who stands in the way of their goal of an Islamic Caliphate.

But if he gave that speech and then disappears again to attend fundraisers and tee off on the golf course for the next few months without addressing the American people as to the progress of this campaign and reassuring us he is staying on top of it, we're still on our own.

We might as well have hired an experienced actor to give that speech.

“you know i know”

denver

#1200512 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i haul heavy equipment for a living, dear. i drive better than you when i am sleeping.
i will pay for a cab to get the worst citizens we have, like you, out of here...hell, i'd buy your one way plane ticket.
Canada is so close to you, Daffy, they need street sweepers too, for private projects of course. I hear they even have those 5 star restaurants you prefer. How's yur French?

“you know i know”

denver

#1200513 Sep 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
And let me know when we are attacked within our border.
I did explain this to you but I guess you don't understand the difference between national security and fear due to political propaganda.
Util then, quit blaming Obama because you are hiding under your bed. Grow up.
hiding under the bed? hmmmm, Bengazi comes to mind.

Location hidden

#1200514 Sep 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Luke Russert's--a Lib--opinion of the speech
"Obama was forceful tonight in his delivery and presentation so if you didn't process the words, it looked/sounded ok"
Processing actually requires thinking. Libs don't do that. They're told what to think. So if another lib says "looked good"..."sounded good"...that's good enough.

Location hidden

#1200515 Sep 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
he gave some great examples of what happens when we go hawkish. the record speaks for itself: it sucks. call Me dumb all you want, but your constant state of denial doesn't really lend much impact to any insults you throw out there. actually kind of funny.
you're a real hoot carol. please, never change.
Yeah, sounds all too familiar. Most Americans didn't want to "go hawkish" either until Japan destroyed our Navy at Pearl Harbor.

The Russians would have had a much tougher time defeating Hitler if we had not "gone hawkish". Doubt they would have.

These terrorist groups don't have anything else to do but plot and plan ways to kill us. They are hoping and praying to Allah we won't "go hawkish".

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1200516 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just pointing out one by one the factual inaccuracies (lies) of your post.
yes dear, you always run away when bested... nothing new here...
i notice you had the time to make this puerile post when you could have countered any of the points i made. but you couldn't do that could you? you have never once been able to do that have you?
you'd think you would learn from your past losses...again your intelligence is clearly limited and me being gone from the daytime board for a few months seems to have let your pathetic, little mind get complacent in having to deal with the facts, lest you be called out on them...
You say the same things over and over and over to numerous posters.

Than you are all befuddled when people ignore you or call you out for it.

You appear to think that doing the same thing over again will yield a different outcome. How is that working out for you?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1200518 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Processing actually requires thinking. Libs don't do that. They're told what to think. So if another lib says "looked good"..."sounded good"...that's good enough.
Ah, there was more to what Luke Russert stated. He stated appearances was good, BUT only if you didn't listen to or comprehend the words.

Ouch,...this was coming from a LIB

“you know i know”

denver

#1200519 Sep 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if Obama has his way, Syria will be the next Libya.....
If Oblamer has his way we'll be the next Zimbabwe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 min whatimeisit 11,417
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min loose cannon 242,753
The Party of Racism. 57 min progressive failure 59
News Jeff Sessions claims sanctuary city policies 'e... 1 hr Thug Bunny 25
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 7 hr Imagine 80
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 9 hr John Trott 42
Film on Sex Crimes at Jesus People USA 9 hr John Trott 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages