Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1617808 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1200396 Sep 10, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have asked them to throw in wheels for your new trailer home.
That would be far closer to the truth..Old Waxturd is still doing his pretend thing..Truth know he probably has to go to he library to even use a computer.
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1200397 Sep 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Paranoia"? Of Fox? LMAO. Fox is referred to as "The Paranoid Alternate Universe" for a very good reason. Get help.
I'm TRYING!.... Do you like to dance, 16?...
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1200398 Sep 10, 2014
"Daddy, daddy, can we have the keys to the car so we can go wash and detail it?"....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1200399 Sep 10, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
As usual you stay true to form. Asked if someone was convicted of a crime you dance and dodge and use a leftloon web site as support. In your dim mind if a someone, Clarke, makes the determination someone is guilty they are guilty. No trial, no jury, just someone you agree with and his opinion. Pretty weak.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
right wing hypocrisy at it's best.

"No trial, no jury, just someone you agree with and his opinion."

FOX going after Obama every day of the week.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1200400 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
1.show me one post where i take the progressive viewpoint. remember the facts have no political label when i support the facts, i am dong just that.
2. yet i prove how yo made an ass of yourself and use facts to back myself up. which you have yet to counter, even once.
3.show one debate i have lost...game point...
4. outright lie, you will never be able to provide a quote of me saying anything even close to that.
game, set, match..... even before i am finished showing what an ass you are making of yourself..(proof in the previous sentences...)
5. not a coherent thought or sentence...but i already won, anyways, didn't i?
anytime you can address any of these issue i pointed out, go ahead. you have been smacked down trying every time...
perhaps ywe should go over the list of bullshit statements you have made in the past....again? my favorite was you jsut pulling out of your ass that it is illegal in many states to serve liquor to pregnant women..just blatently made that shit up and posted it as fact....
you are a moron. you have no credibility or intelligence to speak of ..you are nothing better than a parrot whoring for those whose messages you repeat. oh wait, whores get paid, you do it for free... you are lower than a whore... and more stupid.
Excellent post. Will be interesting to see Pox deflect each and everyone of your points.
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1200401 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>still can't show even one post of me doing that, can you? or one showing me to not be a conservative...why is that again?
Cause you're a dick... There, I said it...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1200402 Sep 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, a little defensive there woodenhead. LOL, you are totally predictable as you drone on with the same tripe post after post.
I have to add your hyper reaction to news that upsets your narrative is something new for you...I think.
Whatever, you are boring me and I will be leaving for the evening shortly. Have a good day
Deflect much??

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1200403 Sep 10, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
50,000 posts...are you writing a book , working on your PhD....
"forks_make_us_fat"
Can you imagine? "woodendick000" and "poop" getting together and collaborating on book?
Peace
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1200404 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>keep drinking, fool.
so the b crew is on site, now... another night of mindless posts, huh guys? good for you all..
Aw, don't count me out yet, peanut.... I'm a killer at 9 ball til the bottom falls out....
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1200405 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i paid more for my boat than you did for anything you ever bought in your life, i would bet...
See? It's this kind of crap that makes people see you as a sissy.... Don't tell people what crap you got.... Just be a man....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1200406 Sep 10, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
In "poop's" world, La La Land, if he makes a determination someone, anyone is guilty of a crime that person is guilty. There is no need for a trial.
Peace
That would be the idiots version..
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1200407 Sep 10, 2014
Tony Rome wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, don't count me out yet, peanut.... I'm a killer at 9 ball til the bottom falls out....
Hell, I made $5,000 some nights when I couldn't miss... and barely staggered outta there...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1200408 Sep 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need to be allies with Russia or Assad. They are long time allies. Russia, China and Iran have helped Syria "politically, militarily and economically." Putin has claimed he has a long-standing strategic and financial interests in Syria. "Syria hosts a Russian naval base on the Mediterranean, and contracts for Russian weapons sales to Syria." Why would we want to get involved in their fight against ISIS?
I'm against expanding air strikes into Syria unless it is part of a NATO operation. Let Russia deal with that problem.
Because they're already doing such a good job? And Maybe Iran can help them too. And North Korea.

Spokane, WA

#1200409 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>still can't show even one post of me doing that, can you? or one showing me to not be a conservative...why is that again?
"woodendick000"
I have pointed out on numerous instances where you demean conservative actions and numerous instances where you bend over, bow and kiss the fanny of the conservative president, nobama. Just some more lies you are so wont to offer.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1200410 Sep 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the idiots version..
You play 9 ball, Ghost?... I'm kinda addicted to it....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1200411 Sep 10, 2014
The Bush ‘Prophecy’

My Facebook feed is filling with a clip from Megyn Kelly’s Fox News Channel show the other night, which featured the chyron headline PRES BUSH’S PROPHETIC IRAQ WARNING. The piece features a 2007 statement made by then President G.W. Bush warning against premature withdrawal from Iraq:...

Kelly reacts as if she had just heard from Nostradamus, and turns to former Bush speechwriter Marc Thiessen, who then blames Obama for ISIS.

This clip keeps being sent to me as proof that Dubya told us so, and that Obama is an idiot. Let’s remember a few things:

1. Bush sold the Iraq War on the premise that it would be relatively quick, that we would get in there, knock off Saddam, and the grateful Iraqis would respond by setting up a functional democracy in the Middle East, one that would be our ally. Let’s remind ourselves what the Bush administration was saying, via Dick Cheney, in September 2003, six months after the Iraq war started:

MR. RUSSERT: Let me turn to one of the most quoted passages from MEET THE PRESS when you were on in March, and that was trying to anticipate the reaction we would receive from the Iraqi people. Let’s watch:

(Videotape, March 16, 2003):

VICE PRES. CHENEY: I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators.

(End videotape)

MR. RUSSERT: We have not been greeted as liberated.

The point is this: you don’t get to praise Bush for his 2007 foresight without recognizing that his catastrophic lack of same embroiled the nation in this pointless war.

2. It was George W. Bush and the Iraqi government who decided when U.S. troops would leave, not Barack Obama.

President Obama was faulted for not pushing harder against the Maliki government to amend the SOFA so that US troops could stay longer. It may be a fair criticism, but that brings us to the third point:

3. Three out of four Americans in 2011 wanted the president to withdraw all US troops from Iraq. Read the Gallup poll; how soon, and how conveniently, we forget. You cannot keep US soldiers in a hopeless war with 75 percent of the country against that policy. Gallup’s poll numbers show that even though the percentage of Americans in 2014 who believe total withdrawal was the right thing is down to 61 percent, that’s still a strong majority. President Obama did what the Iraqis would allow him to do — it’s their country, after all — and what the American people wanted him to do.

This Bush prophecy business is b.s. through and through. It’s important to say that now, because Dick Cheney, one of the principal architects of one of the worst disasters in US foreign policy and military history, is now making an “I Told You So” tour, back in Washington (a standing ovation at AEI!) spreading his wisdom to appreciative conservative audiences. It’s like they let Bernie Madoff work on Wall Street again, or returned the FEMA portfolio to Brownie.

This is Republican poison. And you watch: Rand Paul aside, the whole party is going to swallow it again, like dogs going back to their own vomit.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

Spokane, WA

#1200412 Sep 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>So you like carol looking even more stupid than she actually is??? And you associate panties with men...Interesting.
"poop"
No one will ever mistake you for a man.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1200413 Sep 10, 2014
Jim wrote:
BY: Adam Kredo
September 10, 2014 2:25 pm
A senior Homeland Security (DHS) official confirmed to Congress on Wednesday that militants associated with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS) are planning to enter the United States via the porous southern border.
Francis Taylor, under secretary for intelligence and analysis at DHS, told senators during a hearing that ISIL supporters are known to be plotting ways to infiltrate the United States through the border.
“There have been Twitter, social media exchanges among ISIL adherents across the globe speaking about that as a possibility,” Taylor told Sen. John McCain (R., Ariz.) in response to a question about “recent reports on Twitter and Facebook of messages that would urge infiltration into the U.S. across our southwestern border.”
“Certainly any infiltration across our border would be a threat,” Taylor said, explaining that border security agents are working to tighten measures that would prevent this from taking place.
“I’m satisfied we have the intelligence and the capability on our border that would prevent that activity,” Taylor said.
However, McCain was dubious, referring to recent videos released by activist James O’Keefe showing him crossing the border while wearing an Osama bin Laden mask.
Asked by McCain why agents did not stop O’Keefe, Taylor could not provide an answer.
“You can’t answer it because they weren’t there to stop him,” McCain responded.
“The fact is there are thousands of people who are coming across our border who are undetected and not identified, and for you to sit there and tell me that we have the capability or now have the proper protections of our southwest border, particularly in light of the urgings over Facebook and Twitter [by ISIL] for people to come across our southwestern border, is a great concern to the citizens of my state.”
Taylor admitted that more must be done to shore up border security in light of ongoing threats.
“The security at the southwestern border is of great concern to the department and I certainly understand the concerns of the citizens of your state,” he told McCain.“If I gave you the impression I thought the border security was what it needed to be to protect against all the risks coming across the state that’s not what I meant to say.”
There is little evidence to prove that ISIL militants or other terror actors would be stopped if they attempt to cross the border, McCain said.
“I don’t think there’s any doubt, I don’t see when you look at ISIS and the growth and influence of ISIS that it would be logical [to claim they would be stopped], as they’re saying on Facebook and Twitter, to come across our southwest border because they can get across,” he said.
Other U.S. officials have warned ahead of President Obama’s speech this evening that ISIL is growing in strength and seeking the capability to attack America directly.
“We remain mindful of the possibility that an ISIL-sympathizer—perhaps motivated by online propaganda—could conduct a limited, self-directed attack here at home with no warning,” Matthew Olsen, director of the U.S. National Counterterrorism Center, said in a recent speech.

==========
Now they admit the threat is real.....A**HOLES!
Saying ISIS is "planning to enter the United States via the porous southern border" is a far cry from actually doing it.

Fox News Play Book #1: "Terrify and terrorize the audience during every waking moment. It is the fastest way to bypasses the rational brain. When people are afraid, they don't think rationally. And when they can't think rationally, they'll believe anything."

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1200415 Sep 10, 2014
Tony Rome wrote:
<quoted text>
See? It's this kind of crap that makes people see you as a sissy.... Don't tell people what crap you got.... Just be a man....
n=more man than you will ever be, dear... your penile malfunction caused sexual frustration makes that clear...
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1200416 Sep 10, 2014
Hey, Kim... that's how I got outta New York with no debt....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 28 min They cannot kill ... 11,422
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Joe Balls 242,766
News Jeff Sessions claims sanctuary city policies 'e... 6 hr spud 30
Millions of dollars paid out by Norcross to Ukr... 11 hr Zofran 1
Benghazi, the REAL story. 13 hr Bad Breath 3
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 13 hr Wanting the truth 477
Trump Just Sux 16 hr Toi Ohta 170

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages