Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497160 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1200172 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we own Japan and Germany too? It's not a matter of ownership. It's a matter of liberating oppression and destroying evil and having an ally under the banner of freedom instead.
We needed an ally in the Middle East and a focal point to spread freedom in that region.
Iraq didn't have a fighting chance to become an autologous free nation because we left them on their own much too soon.
Japan and Germany were under allied control for many years after WWII. We still have bases in both countries as a presence of protection, not ownership or occupation.
Why do liberals have such an easy time confusing such simple concepts?
the US electorate wanted us out of Iraq. as did the iraqis...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1200173 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i'll help pack and drive you to the airport, dear.
'why do you think your whackjob posts are even worthy of a response? i have proven so many of them false, as i have clearly and verifiably pointed out earlier today..

why should anyone even listen to you ever again, seeing what bullshit you have posted in the past? seriously...why?'
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1200174 Sep 10, 2014
Young black man warns Ferguson’s white establishment:‘We’ve got the power — you don’t’

“So mayor,” he concluded,“you better enjoy that seat, because November is coming up, and you are out!”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/10/young-b...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1200175 Sep 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Poll: Many Americans Feel Less Safe
Nearly six in 10 say the government has not done all it could to make the country safe from future attacks.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-many-america...
Bush tried to put up a fence....in 2006....he tried...

St. Croix valley

#1200176 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't drive yet. But thanks anyway.
i haul heavy equipment for a living, dear. i drive better than you when i am sleeping.

i will pay for a cab to get the worst citizens we have, like you, out of here...hell, i'd buy your one way plane ticket.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1200177 Sep 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still lacking any reason for a whine--eh Dave? Again who is responsible for National Security? As you are too dense to answer the question, it is Obama.
And let me know when we are attacked within our border.

I did explain this to you but I guess you don't understand the difference between national security and fear due to political propaganda.

Util then, quit blaming Obama because you are hiding under your bed. Grow up.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1200179 Sep 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Jay Carney joins CNN
It was agreed that he can do a lot more good for Democrats by lying on the Magic Negro Network than just lying from the White House.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1200181 Sep 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
And let me know when we are attacked within our border.
I did explain this to you but I guess you don't understand the difference between national security and fear due to political propaganda.
Util then, quit blaming Obama because you are hiding under your bed. Grow up.
Why is there a fence around the WH....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1200182 Sep 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot [which you are over qualified] would think that a person has to be found guilty of a crime in order to be guilty. The proof is everywhere and so was Ariel Sharon and he wasn't convicted either. There must be a kiddie thread somewhere.
Bwahahahaha!!!!! The tolerant libtard!!!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1200183 Sep 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
another of BO's success's:
Under militia power, Libya closer to failed state
After three years of chaos since Moammar Gadhafi's fall, Libya is further crumbling into a failed state after Islamist-allied militias took over the capital Tripoli and other cities and set up their own government, driving out a parliament that was elected over the summer. Among the militias are…
Associated Press
Bomb away!
if Obama has his way, Syria will be the next Libya.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1200184 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i haul heavy equipment for a living, dear. i drive better than you when i am sleeping.
i will pay for a cab to get the worst citizens we have, like you, out of here...hell, i'd buy your one way plane ticket.
Truck driving man! I bet you know what a 'lot lizard' is!!!!!!
Zeituni O Soetoro

New York, NY

#1200185 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to move to one of the islands where you are. If the majority here haven't figured out their mistake in 2008 and 2012 by November of this year and in 2016, it won't be the America I once knew anymore. Any other party in power would be the better alternative but Republicans, even though not perfect, is so far the only best alternative between the two.
Posted elsewhere but spot on:

"lets define ignorance shall we... By process of elimination, there is a worst doctor in the world... if you went by his office.. there are 30 people in his waiting room... The doctor is just a bad doctor... those who go see him are the idiots... I apply this to a president who has been voted into office twice... by a bunch of low information voters who wouldn't know integrity, honor, sacrifice, or leadership if it jumped out of their obama phone while they were playing flappy bird...

I know the people in my community who voted for obama and can close my eyes and see them dancing around in their obama t-shirts when he won... but their tune has changed now...

One of them asked me yesterday: "do you really think ISIS is coming here?" my reply: "Coming? they are already here...." They then asked: "How did they get here?" I said: "an open border, the impression of weakness in our government, and open admission we do not have a plan in place to combat them...

Run put on your obama shirt... maybe they will show you some mercy for supporting the man who handed the country over to them... But don't expect the free ride you are accustomed to... Sharia law doesn't have a food stamp program..."

and if you think the Republicans had a "War on Women" you ain't seen nothin yet.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1200186 Sep 10, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
fence? talk about inane replies.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1200187 Sep 10, 2014
Liberals arguments for the past 6 years in defending this Inept president is no Different than those same Recycle Speeches Obama given when addressing the American People, tonight will be No Different the same Old Alibis/Excuses!!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1200188 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the US electorate wanted us out of Iraq. as did the iraqis...
awwww....the electorate...

'1 in 4 Americans doesn't know Earth circles sun'

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1200189 Sep 10, 2014
best headline today.....

The Immorality of Hawkish Moralizing

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

"There are few policies less morally defensible than setting up another nation to suffer an even worse defeat so that we can say that we “did something” in a foreign conflict."

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1200190 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we own Japan and Germany too? It's not a matter of ownership. It's a matter of liberating oppression and destroying evil and having an ally under the banner of freedom instead.
We needed an ally in the Middle East and a focal point to spread freedom in that region.
Iraq didn't have a fighting chance to become an autologous free nation because we left them on their own much too soon.
Japan and Germany were under allied control for many years after WWII. We still have bases in both countries as a presence of protection, not ownership or occupation.
Why do liberals have such an easy time confusing such simple concepts?
Because they live in their own little world! Notice how anything that reveals their world as make believe has to be shot down and ridiculed. They can't handle the real world without their rose colored glasses!!!

St. Croix valley

#1200191 Sep 10, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, he was the best president at wasting our tax dollars ever. and he even failed at that, didn't he?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1200192 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to move to one of the islands where you are. If the majority here haven't figured out their mistake in 2008 and 2012 by November of this year and in 2016, it won't be the America I once knew anymore. Any other party in power would be the better alternative but Republicans, even though not perfect, is so far the only best alternative between the two.
Gibberish, your broke, living on the gubmint tit and couldn't afford the power bill on one of those islands.

If it's any consolation, the other poster isn't really living there either but likely somewhere outside of Hartford Connecticut.
Jim

United States

#1200193 Sep 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
ISIS rose due to civil war in Syria & taking advantage of the Sunnis in Iraq due the Iraqi government not being all inclusive.
The President decided at that time to not help Iraq fight ISIS until the Iraqi government took steps to become all inclusive. Now that Iraq has a new President, there is hope that it will become a more inclusive government.
The President has done a great job of keeping the US out of yet another quagmire war which apparently is the only way you right whiners think it can be done.
Pfffffffffffft mindless drivel. ISIS wasn't called ISIS in the beginning it was called AQ in Iraq then it migrated to Syria and became stronger, better trained, began calling itself ISIS/ISIL and invaded Iraq, became stronger, continued training, is now better equipped and much better financed!

Did you know John Kerry is held in as much contempt as Obama by nation's that used to be allied to America? John Kerry is essentially the broker to create a league of the willing to fight ISIL. No one trusts Obama (with good reason) and no one trust John Kerry (with good reason). Obama's bumbling and stumbling foreign policy is clear to everyone around the globe excluding his obamabots in the Democratic Party the true definition of 'sheeple'.

Waiting to confront ISIL has only allowed them to grow larger, better trained and better financed. Our own southern border is wide open and remains so due to Obama's policies domestically. Obama is a horrible president and it will take a miracle for our country not to experience another terrorist attack on the homeland.

Our military is now facing a enemy created by our own government's lack of foresight, planning and execution. Unlike you I respect our military and our military families, I think it's important to give them every advantage and support we can in keeping us safe from global threats. Our governments inaction in the face of ISIL has only made the threat of ISIL a bigger threat to our homeland and for our military to fight!

Obama is suppose to deliver a prime time speech explaining 'we really do have a strategy' to fight ISIL....I hope he gives the speech like a real president not a political hack....we'll see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr INFOWARS 237,629
News Chicago's street performers should get the hook 3 hr lol 1
trump may use deporation against people he may ... 3 hr lol 6
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr honeymylove 2,464
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Rshermr 63,301
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr honeymylove 2,988
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr honeymylove 2,301

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages