Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418462 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1199549 Sep 9, 2014
Almost time for me to leave. I'm going to say this. You libtards are living in the land of denial. Having said that I'm going golfing tomorrow. After the monsoon of the last few days it will be nice to get outside. I do this with a heavy heart because Thursday is the anniversary of 911. I hope I am wrong but deep down in my gut I feel something terrible this way comes!!!! Let us hope I am wrong but these ISIL people are here and wanting to strike!!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1199550 Sep 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Sometimes I get too wordy. So I'll simplify the question that was posed before.
What would be the incentive to learn a trade or a skill that's in demand if you can flip burgers for the same income?
Does anyone object to minimum wage being raised to $10 an hour? If so, why?
Galt objects to the government controlling wages in any manner.......

if you need to ask why, no point in explaining....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1199551 Sep 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
As we all know, this isn't the first time politifact got it wrong. Its off-the-mark conclusions have undermining its credibility. Lately they have had a bad habit of adding two and two and coming up with eight. Sad to see their demise.
another Soros front down the drain....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1199552 Sep 9, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
and if a white woman slapped you you'd be able to turn the other cheek...you are such a Richard Simmons...
hey, if an Amazon like Moochelle hit you, you would be justified in fearing for your life and defending yourself as necessary....

people like Homer are gender-prejudiced, think women are the weaker gender......

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1199553 Sep 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
1. the "punch" is not really visible, just the result
2. what is Mrs. Rice's version?
3. was she drunk as a skunk?
4. how come Rice gets slammed, but rappers get away with worse?
5. Galt doesn't give a damn about Ray Rice, so go ahead and hang him...and turn he and his wife into welfare bums...
"John Galt"
Yup the result is visible , Mrs. Rice knocked out and her husband dragging her out of the elevator. You are saying she slipped and fell?
It matters not a bit if Mrs. Rice was drunk or not. Is your policy to beat a woman because she is drunk?
You sound like the liberal loons, they admit democrats do little for the country but that conservatives are worse
You think he should be allowed to continue his NFL career? For crying out loud, let him go get a job, and take care of his family. If he turns into a welfare bum that is his choice.
Peace

Spokane, WA

#1199554 Sep 9, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What anti trust?
Penn State is free to leave the NCAA and join another division if they so choose.
"John Galt"
For the little girl, "yuck", you will have to be more precise.
Peace

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1199555 Sep 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Sometimes I get too wordy. So I'll simplify the question that was posed before.
What would be the incentive to learn a trade or a skill that's in demand if you can flip burgers for the same income?
Does anyone object to minimum wage being raised to $10 an hour? If so, why?
Really? You believe that someone would rather flip burgers than learn a trade? People quit high paying jobs every day to take lower paying, more self-satisfying positions. Ever hear of self-esteem?

That said, there was a time when the minimum wage was raised every year to keep ahead of inflation. That really is the answer.

Fact is, in 2007 the minimum wage was increased by 70 cents an hour...the first increase in TEN years. In 2008, the minimum wage was increased by another 70 cents the last 70 cent raise came in 2009. If we had continued to raise the rate by 70 cents each year, the mimimum wage would now be $10.75 and people might be claiming that as fair.

However, past performance is a predictor of future performance and employees know if they don't get their $15.00 now, the next raise me be another ten years down the road. Add that $7.00 to the current $7.25 and you see where they are going with this. IMO, we really should raise it to $10.75 an hour with a provision for an automatic 70 cent increase every year thereafter. That will solve a lot of problems.

Spokane, WA

#1199556 Sep 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You have more than proven that you are an idiot and a political hack. You only believe that which suits your agenda.Kerry volunteered for Vietnam, he could have easily took the cowards way out like Bush, Cheney and you. I don't think for a second that you ever served in Vietnam, and I doubt very seriously that you even served. You with your actions and words have created this opinion. Much of what Kerry said was the sad reality of that God forsaken war. There were many atrocities committed there from my lei and Lt. Calley to children and numerous violations of the Articles of war...Both sides.. To hide or deny is to be blind...In your particular case.... a flat lie. The Swift Boat phonies were specifically put together to defame and ridicule Kerry thus ruining his presidential bid. Those money bought idiots were just that. They have since disbanded and blended back into obscurity. Most know now that they were paid liars. Do I think Kerry probably embellished a bit, sure I do but that wasn't that unusual in Vietnam and like most wars Officers get the most purple hearts, but to belittle him and his patriotism is far more unpatriotic than anything he might have done. Bush Cheney took the cowards way out and I suspect you did likewise.
You are a coward and a punk, your words convince me of that daily. Nothing short of the modern day Walter Mitty, just not as smart... Actually I think you are a pretty smart person, but sadly lacking in common sense and your desire to paint yourself as something special. Basically what I see is a social misfit that attempts to be accepted as an equal amongst others but has no earthly clue as to how that all works...Hell you have even admitted that you had to buy you a woman, and even that you had to go to Russia. Your auto biography would read as that of a born loser, that attempted to lie and project his way through life with tall tales and failing miserable with each passing lie...Kinda sad really. But if you had one active brain cell you would not want to ever face me with any kind of confrontation. I'm sure you have been punked many times loser. So from me to you GFY little girl.
"poop"
Way to go, you come thru as expected. You smear, demean one who served in the US Military for s single reason. He does not buy into the crap you spew so poorly.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1199557 Sep 9, 2014
Dell Cisco wrote:
<quoted text> So which team you rooting for dirtbag since1680, ISIS, Al Qaeda or the Democrat Party they're all the same?
I always root for the United States of America. I know which team you are rooting for and it's certainly not us.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1199558 Sep 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So al-Qaeda is the good terrorist group? Progressives never stop to think how illogical their comments are. Yes, ISIS split from al-Qaeda over a leadership quarrel. Both are terrorist groups.
We were not discussing whether one terrorist group is better than another, stupid. We were discussing whether or not ISIS is al-Qaeda. Bow out. You never have been able to follow a conversation.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1199559 Sep 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Labor costs do not entail the entire cost of products so how the f*ck would the cost of living go up the same amount.
I am not for a $15/Hr minimum wage but it should be over $10.50/Hr
inflating wages will inflate all costs......

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1199560 Sep 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
....and how do you know that ISIS agents are not recruiting in US mosques???......
Because I trust our intelligence community and the assistance they receive from members of those mosque in keeping us safe.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1199561 Sep 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

Those who leave the United States and join forces against us will not be returning to the United States unless they are in handcuffs or body bags. That gives me peace of mind.
has Obama revoked the passports of Americans fighting for ISIS in Syria/Iraq???....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1199562 Sep 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Ask your daughter.
What a stupid question__par for you though.
mindless gibberish...

scumbag draft-dodger Realslime gets his jollies by picking on a nice lady like Carol.....

typical of leftwing trolls.....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1199564 Sep 9, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! There should be no minimum wage. It should be left up to the employer and employee to determine the pay. If the employer pays too little no one will take the job. Unless that is all the person is worth.
Oh, yea, sure. Like employees wouldn't exploit workers. If you believe we wouldn't have a return to sweatshops and factories paying pennies, you are a fool.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1199565 Sep 9, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
There are times when there are far fewer thieves in Washington that other times. Today, there is little else in Washington other than thieves. If you're not a thief, you're very unpopular in Washington these days. Just ask anyone in the TEA Party there.
You're not going anywhere, so how can I be in your way? Your problem is, I'm going somewhere, and you wasted every opportunity you had and you're stuck in a worthless existence.
By the way, Obama is a communist. I hate communism. Obama is an Islamist. I hate what Islamist teach people they should do. Obama is an enemy of the United States of America. I am a citizen of the United States of America... which is another difference between Obama and me.
Wrong idiot, you are not a citizen, you are a paranoid obsessed fanatical out of control midget. Any one that actually hates an wishes harm to our president is first of all a moron with absolutely no connection to being a patriot. You are a clueless hater that should be deported along with your mail order Russian bimbo. It fanatics like you that will destroy this nation. You and liars like you are scum bags and not worthy of even being called an American. I spit on your stinky carcus you lowlife maggot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1199566 Sep 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely no proof that Islamist terrorist exist in the United States. I think you need to replace your tinfoil hat.
USAsince is as big a fool as Obama.....

nobody believes that crap except Obamabots and Muslim terrorists....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1199567 Sep 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
your non-learned reply speaks loudly to the fact that it was more than hot air.
but hey, your own opinions count for everything in nutjobland.
Your opinions regarding my reply are just about as useless and irrelevant as your Racist Hot Air ones.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1199568 Sep 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I trust our intelligence community and the assistance they receive from members of those mosque in keeping us safe.

Kinda funny that these Obama haters haven't come to grips with the FACT that he has kept us safe far better than the two dumb war mongering fools before him. We all should be grateful that Obama is in charge at these troubled times as no doubt if the Republicans were we would be involved in 2-3 more wars and quite possible a nuclear war with Russia that no one would be the winner.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1199569 Sep 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
USAsince is as big a fool as Obama.....
nobody believes that crap except Obamabots and Muslim terrorists....
And a total moron like you in your infinite wisdom think you are somehow relevant? Make me laugh you paranoid lowlife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Isham Jones 61,030
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min Ize Found 70,952
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 2,422
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Dr Guru 222,427
amy8-25-16 5 hr Sublime1 4
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 1,934
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 3,036
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages