Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1780769 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1200133 Sep 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
NEW YORK, Sept. 9 (UPI)-- In the wake of beheadings of journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff, more Americans are on edge.
According to a NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, 47% of Americans believe the country is less safe now than before the attacks terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. In contrast, a year after the attack on America, only 20% of the nation felt that way.
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/09/09/New...
the two journalists were not actually beheaded......

all just a rightwing FauxNews plot to make our beloved President look bad....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1200134 Sep 10, 2014
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself and do not use we. Im an Indepented for the last 15 years believe it or not. your just another person who can not adhere to facts like most Democrats. Truth is truth and facts are facts.
You resort to name calling because your level of Intelligence shows in your words. Refute (if you know what that means) my FACTS if you can or just resort to way you think things should be, not what they really are. Ignorance is Bliss and just by words I know your Party.
Irrefutable proof, It walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. By the way hypocrite you called me numerous names prior to me having enough of your psycho crap. Besides that's only more proof that all baggers are liars and two faced hypocrites... Case closed.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1200135 Sep 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Idiotspeak.
I wonder who wrote it?
Well, I certainly know who didn't think of it!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1200136 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama believed the rest of the world could sort out its problems leaving him to social engineer our lives never understanding we are not immune to the evil intent of powerful forces in the world and ignoring it makes us more vulnerable and affects our ability to protect ourselves from it.
He never has a strategy, never looks into anything, never gets to the bottom of anything and is never held accountable for anything. That way he can't be blamed for anything. His liberal propagandists can continue to protect him without remorse or guilt and without any concern of a negative backlash. As long as they're all in it together, they can successfully deceive the gullible knowing they will fall in line to perpetuate their blame game.
The spotlight has to be turned directly toward the propagandists. They are responsible for deceiving the electorate. It's not about the elected as much as who elects them.
yet the history of his terms in ofice show the exact opposite from your fantasy made up bullshit.

why do you lie so much, carol?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1200137 Sep 10, 2014
Jackie Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess -- you think the current group of leftists turning our country into a 3rd World sewer are classic liberals or libertarians?
Actually no dumbo, I call them concerned citizens attempting to fix and correct all of the messes left after eight years of Republican ruination without out an ounce of help from Americas real enemies the far right and baggers.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1200138 Sep 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Idiotspeak.
I wonder who wrote it?
You are such a moran!!!!
Jackie Lynch

East Hartford, CT

#1200139 Sep 10, 2014
Disclaimer: this is not a story from The Onion

You just knew it had to be your fault, didn’t you Whitey?

The only people ever responsible for anything bad are heartless, racist oppressors, also known as you. It’s now your fault when minorities eat junk food and don’t exercise.

Katherine Timpf reports at National Review Online: A study by Rutgers University – Newark claims that minorities are obese because racial ¨microaggressions¨ cause them to eat fast food and avoid exercise.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1200140 Sep 10, 2014
island realist wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like hard work, family, saving for the future, buying only what you can afford and personal responsibility? INSANE!
Only a dope believes in old fashioned sh*t like that. For me it's Obama, the Democrats, free stuff and The Life of Julia. Only suckers actually work and look after themselves. When I arrive I intend to attach myself like a tick to the body politic and suck the lifeblood out of the US of A until it's a shriveled, dry, dead corpse.
That's the good life!
As we say here: What is the meaning of "politics"? Well, the root of the first part is the Greek word "poli" meaning "many", whereas the latter is "tic" as in blood sucking ticks. So "politics" literally means "many bloodsucking ticks". Or the Democrat party, if you prefer their formal name.
I will sign up for the free sh*t and become a Democrat.....until there's no more blood left to suck. You stupid saps are about $17 trillion in debt, so that won't be long. I hope I get there before the party is over!
I want to move to one of the islands where you are. If the majority here haven't figured out their mistake in 2008 and 2012 by November of this year and in 2016, it won't be the America I once knew anymore. Any other party in power would be the better alternative but Republicans, even though not perfect, is so far the only best alternative between the two.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1200141 Sep 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"OMG OMG OMG Obama is doing nothing about ISIS"
"OMG OMG IOMNG Obama is doing something about ISIS"
God forbid the President gather allies in a common strategy to defeat this band of assh*les called ISIS.
You GD idiots would prefer the Bush approach & have the US invade Iraq & Syria & create another 13 year war.
I would prefer Bush was president and Cheney was the VP, the people in the country felt safer. The Islamic state has taken over so much they are now an entity-while O'bama let them and acted as though he knew nuttin'. Why? Reverend Wright said he was definitely a moslem when he came to the Trinity Church, everyone knows he could not be an open moslem and run for President, so he had to fake something he was not. I would prefer Bush was President and Cheney was the VP for the remaining two years.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1200142 Sep 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Really dumbo...
It depends on how you define "conservative." The research shows classical liberals/libertarians are smartest of all.
Ronald Bailey | June 13, 2014
Dunce in cornerAssociates MindConservatives exhibit less cognitive ability than liberals do. Or that's what it says in the social science literature, anyway. A 2010 study using data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, for example, found that the IQs of young adults who described themselves as "very liberal" averaged 106.42, whereas the mean of those who identified as "very conservative" was 94.82. Similarly, when a 2009 study correlated cognitive capacity with political beliefs among 1,254 community college students and 1,600 foreign students seeking entry to U.S. universities, it found that conservatism is "related to low performance on cognitive ability tests." In 2012, a paper reported that people endorse more conservative views when drunk or under cognitive pressure; it concluded that "political conservatism may be a process consequence of low-effort thought
A Liberal study…WOW! I hate to pick on the disadvantage but you’ve proven to be Mentally Challenge, May I suggest, Seek Help!!
Zeituni O Soetoro

New York, NY

#1200144 Sep 10, 2014
island realist wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obama told me it was a nice day, I'd go back inside to get a raincoat & umbrella. The man literally does not know sh*t from Shinola about ordinary human life or the real world. He lives in a fog of liberal fantasies.
Worse, he's a pathological liar. He rather tell a lie than wish you a Merry Christmas, more so on Dec. 25th.
You know, as the one said on Meet the Press, "I should have anticipated the optics." He smiled for the cameras, but you know it's all about "theatre of the presidency" and the agressiveness of the media. This from the no experience zero who accepted the nomination in 2008 with the Parthenon columns as the stage.'

Even many democrats are saying No Drama Obama is Actually Simply Clueless Obama.

Once touted as the ultimate cool customer, Barack “No Drama” Obama has unmasked himself. Not only is he devoid of anything approaching cool, calm decision making, turns out he is a nitwit. His comment re ISIS apparently came like a sharp kick to the testicles to many in the media–i.e., we don’t have a strategy.

while the White House went into damage-control mode, emphasizing that it was a reference to the lack of decisions about increasing military action in Iraq and/or Syria and not a lack of a broader strategy there, the damage was already done.

As with all gaffes, the worst ones are the ones that confirm people’s preexisting suspicions or fit into an easy narrative. That’s why “47 percent” stung Mitt Romney so much, and it’s why “don’t have a strategy” hurts Obama today.

Maybe the fault of global warming. Is that why Obama is melting like the Wicked Witch of the West doused with vodka?

The strategy should be very simple and clear–promote a stable, secular world economy, safe access to oil, free trade and forge cooperative efforts with Russia and China. Punish and isolate all countries that promote and/or espouse religious extremism.

What does this mean with respect to ISIS? Put together an international coalition, headed jointly by the United States and Russia. Include Europe, Syria and even Iran. Of course Iran must commit to acting like a real country rather than a Shia version of ISIS. That coalition, with UN backing, should re-enter Iraq, crush ISIS and allow the various ethnic groups to reorganize as new nation states. Iraq is an anachronism and an artificial creation. We need to stop deluding ourselves and accept that reality.

This new approach will be a tough go for Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Too damn bad. Pakistan also will probably complain. The Saudis and the Paks have bankrolled the lion’s share of Sunni terrorism over the last 30 years. Time to throw the penalty flag and force them to choose–

a modern stable world or an ISIS nightmare.

Let's hope Obumbles doesn't give more speeches about drawing red lines in the sand or how he flexible he will be after the next election.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1200145 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to move to one of the islands where you are. If the majority here haven't figured out their mistake in 2008 and 2012 by November of this year and in 2016, it won't be the America I once knew anymore. Any other party in power would be the better alternative but Republicans, even though not perfect, is so far the only best alternative between the two.
Please do America a favor and take a friend when you leave.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1200146 Sep 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll help pack and drive you to the airport, dear.
Jackie Lynch

East Hartford, CT

#1200147 Sep 10, 2014
Obama admin: Middle East not a problem...ISIS/ISIL just the JV team ...U.S. no longer the world police.

Yup, that about sums it up.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1200148 Sep 10, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I think with all the muzzies here in the United States we could get a few of them (O'bama's best fryend muzzies) to stone Rice in the middle of a half time show-isn't that the main focus of media today, who cares about the failure named O'bama? you?
That Rice dude looks s-o-o-o much like Michael Brown.

Maybe they could get a Ferguson cop to do the honors.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1200149 Sep 10, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And all you reich wingers just LOVE supporting Putin and Assad over Obama and America.
Now there' s the 5th column!
You need new Material!! Yeah, this is the same Line’ CNN/MSNBC’ uses, get Real!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1200150 Sep 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Kaiser Poll: Voters more likely to support a candidate voting to repeal Obamacare 41-30, and less likely to support one voting for it 38-29.
amazing, considering that crummy HMOs like Kaiser are big supporters of government welfare medicine like ObamaKKKare.....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1200151 Sep 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>like getting our allies involved and helping with the cost. isn't that what obama has been trying to do?
just letting the world get overrun by crazies is not an option. having lawless areas on this planet is not an option. we have seen the results of those already.
Yer talking about Ferguson and the Knockout Games across the land, right?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1200152 Sep 10, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
One more time you lie. Cheney a war criminal? Please give us the details of his trial and conviction.
"sonic" you are a liar and will always be a liar.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Only an idiot [which you are over qualified] would think that a person has to be found guilty of a crime in order to be guilty. The proof is everywhere and so was Ariel Sharon and he wasn't convicted either. There must be a kiddie thread somewhere.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1200153 Sep 10, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
One more time you lie. Cheney a war criminal? Please give us the details of his trial and conviction.
"sonic" you are a liar and will always be a liar.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
call me a liar because of a liar.

and i might ask your comrades when Obama was convicted for FOX fantasies. what do you think they'll say? a whole bunch of nothing. so here's something....

Richard Clarke, the nation’s top counterterrorism official under former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, accused Bush and former Vice President Dick Cheney of committing war crimes in their 2003 invasion of Iraq during an interview Tuesday with Democracy Now! that will air next week.

"I think things that they authorized probably fall within the area of war crimes. Whether that would be productive or not, I think, is a discussion we could all have,” said Clarke, who resigned in 2003 after the Bush administration's decision to invade Iraq.“But we have established procedures now with the International Criminal Court in The Hague, where people who take actions as serving presidents or prime ministers of countries have been indicted and have been tried.”

In the first-ever judgment of its kind, Bush and seven other top members of his administration were convicted in absentia of war crimes in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2012 for the unlawful invasion of Iraq.

“So the precedent is there to do that sort of thing. And I think we need to ask ourselves whether or not it would be useful to do that in the case of members of the Bush administration,” Clarke continued.“It’s clear that things that the Bush administration did -- in my mind, at least, it’s clear that some of the things they did were war crimes."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/29/rich...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min loose cannon 243,575
If only Hillary had won. 34 min Give her a dirtnap 66
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 47 min Concerned citizen 59
Trump is A (Oct '17) 1 hr Jenkins 866
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 6 hr MPMMB 132
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 hr MPMMB 3,915
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr MPMMB 12,412

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages