Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1581890 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1199609 Sep 9, 2014
Republican Congressman Goes On Fox To Call Out Repeat Benghazi Hoaxster

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers (R-MI) called out Fox News' favorite Benghazi lawyer, Victoria Toensing, for her "unfortunate" and untrue allegations about the 2012 attacks and subsequent investigations.

Fox & Friends invited Toensing on its September 9 program to weigh in on the network's latest attempt to revive the repeatedly debunked myth of a "stand down" order issued to three CIA security personnel in Benghazi.

Toensing dismissed the fact that both the House Intelligence Committee and various investigations determined that no such stand down order was issued, claiming the State Department had worked to undermine and "vilif[y]" the security personnel and Benghazi witnesses. According to Toensing, Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee "harassed" the security contractors when they gave their testimony on Benghazi, pressuring them not to write about their experiences.

Rep. Mike Rogers, chair of the House Intelligence Committee, shot down Toensing's accusations in a later segment on Fox & Friends. Rogers debunked the notion of any stand down order, and though he refrained from mentioning Toensing by name, he called out "lawyers who have a financial interest in this, certainly making allegations that are far from true." Rogers went on:

ROGERS: As I said, I hope everybody buys [the security contractors'] book, because these are very brave souls who served their country proudly, who ended up driving into unknown circumstances and saved them. That's all really good. And so, the only way that people buy the book is with some inflammatory comments. These are attorneys who have a financial stake in this. And it's unfortunate. The facts will -- we've asked that these transcripts be released, and I think that'll tell the truth. I think Americans can look at that and find out what was the real truth.

Toensing is well-known to be an unreliable source, previously criticized as lacking "impartiality, non-partisanship, and professionalism."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09/09/repub...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1199610 Sep 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
hey, Homer......
your Giants suck.....
So does Galt...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1199611 Sep 9, 2014
CNN host Carol Costello on Tuesday tried to explain to Fox News host Brian Kilmeade why he should not blame the victims of domestic violence after she said that his joke about violence against women in the NFL made her want to “throw up.”

Kilmeade — along with Fox News host Steve Doocy and Anna Kooiman — had made light of video on Monday that showed NFL player Race Rice punching his then-girlfriend in an elevator, and knocking her out. Kilmeade said that the message was to “take the stairs.” And Doocy reminded abusers to stay out of elevators, where “there’s a camera.”

“The heart of the matter is, what about the women?” Costello asked on Tuesday.“All the mothers and daughters and sisters who are abused by someone who [says he] loves them. And why, all too often, we’re quick to point the finger of blame their way.”

Costello pointed out that the commentary on Fox News had spent little time blaming Rice, and instead was “aimed squarely at his wife.”

“When I watched that segment, I wanted to scream — actually I wanted to throw up, and so did millions of others online,” she said.

Genesis Women’s Shelter Director Jan Langbein told Costello that she was also “horrified” by the comments on Fox News.

“I am constantly surrounded by messages — and so are victims of domestic violence — surrounded by messages that this is somehow her fault or that if she had taken the stairs or done something else or not worn that outfit that this abuse wouldn’t have happened,” Langbein explained.“It’s not about her actions at all.”

But Costello wasn’t done. During the next hour, she had some more thoughts for her “friends” at Fox News.

“Stop the victim blaming. Yes, victims of domestic violence often return to their abusers for many complicated reasons,” she pointed out.“I did briefly. In an op-ed I wrote for CNN.com , I talked about a boyfriend who knocked me out. I met up with that boyfriend again because he wanted to apologize. Let’s just say, it was not a good idea.”

“So Fox & Friends, to put it bluntly, shut up!”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/09/cnn-hos...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1199612 Sep 9, 2014
9/11 panel rips Congress on ISIS

Members of the 9/11 Commission are criticizing Congress for the rise of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), arguing lawmakers have not taken the threat seriously enough.

In interviews with The Hill, veterans of the blue-ribbon panel rebuked lawmakers for a generally lax approach toward oversight and said Congress fell down on the job by not implementing the recommendations they made 10 years ago.

“Nobody can be very impressed by the congressional record here. You don’t go on a five-week vacation if you think the threat to the United States is imminent. Or, at least, I hope you don’t,” said former Rep. Lee Hamilton (D-Ind.), the vice chairman of the 9/11 Commission.

Hamilton ripped Congress for failing to fulfill President Obama’s request for $500 million, made in late June, to train and equip moderate opposition forces in Syria. Obama said the money would help build up a rebel alternative to ISIS while helping to keep the conflict in Syria from spilling over into Iraq.

“Individuals can be right or be wrong in their assessment, but the institution of the Congress clearly has not stepped up to the plate,” Hamilton said.“They’ve been reactive to what the president has said. They’ve put forth nothing. They’ve done nothing.”

Terrorism has returned to the forefront of the political debate thanks to the rise of ISIS, a militant group that has beheaded two American journalists while taking over large swaths of Syria and Iraq.

With the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks looming on Thursday, Congress and the White House are debating what steps should be taken to stop ISIS and prevent the group from following in al Qaeda’s footsteps.

Tim Roemer, another member of the 9/11 Commission, said Congress should have identified ISIS as an emerging national security threat long before now.

“It is very difficult for them to point the finger at the administration, when they have to do oversight hearings and part of their job on the Homeland Security Committee and the Intelligence Committee is to be working to identify what the emerging and evolving threats are. Did they identify this threat a year ago of ISIS? What do their hearings show?” Roemer said.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/news/217054-9-11-...

Hamilton said he sees little chance of Congress taking action to counter ISIS before lawmakers leave town again to campaign for reelection.

“I can’t see that they have got anything on their program now. They’ve only got a few weeks here before they go on vacation again. Let’s see the Congress step up to the bar and take some responsibility,” he said.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1199613 Sep 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We were not discussing whether one terrorist group is better than another, stupid. We were discussing whether or not ISIS is al-Qaeda. Bow out. You never have been able to follow a conversation.
As usual you remain confused about what was posted. ISIS broke off from al-Qaeda over a leadership dispute. They all started from the same core beliefs. You are trying to dance on the head of a pin to make a minor difference that only lives on in Progressive LA-LA-Land.

Follow it this time? Probably not. Snark on Ms Stretch Pants as that appears all you have.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1199614 Sep 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
have no fear...
USAsince assures us that there are no Islamic terrorists in the US.....
Senseless has always claimed to have magical powers--this comes as no surprise.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1199615 Sep 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
CNN host Carol Costello on Tuesday tried to explain to Fox News host Brian Kilmeade why he should not blame the victims of domestic violence after she said that his joke about violence against women in the NFL made her want to “throw up.”
Kilmeade — along with Fox News host Steve Doocy and Anna Kooiman — had made light of video on Monday that showed NFL player Race Rice punching his then-girlfriend in an elevator, and knocking her out. Kilmeade said that the message was to “take the stairs.” And Doocy reminded abusers to stay out of elevators, where “there’s a camera.”
“The heart of the matter is, what about the women?” Costello asked on Tuesday.“All the mothers and daughters and sisters who are abused by someone who [says he] loves them. And why, all too often, we’re quick to point the finger of blame their way.”
Costello pointed out that the commentary on Fox News had spent little time blaming Rice, and instead was “aimed squarely at his wife.”
“When I watched that segment, I wanted to scream — actually I wanted to throw up, and so did millions of others online,” she said.
Genesis Women’s Shelter Director Jan Langbein told Costello that she was also “horrified” by the comments on Fox News.
“I am constantly surrounded by messages — and so are victims of domestic violence — surrounded by messages that this is somehow her fault or that if she had taken the stairs or done something else or not worn that outfit that this abuse wouldn’t have happened,” Langbein explained.“It’s not about her actions at all.”
But Costello wasn’t done. During the next hour, she had some more thoughts for her “friends” at Fox News.
“Stop the victim blaming. Yes, victims of domestic violence often return to their abusers for many complicated reasons,” she pointed out.“I did briefly. In an op-ed I wrote for CNN.com , I talked about a boyfriend who knocked me out. I met up with that boyfriend again because he wanted to apologize. Let’s just say, it was not a good idea.”
“So Fox & Friends, to put it bluntly, shut up!”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/09/cnn-hos...
Costello and her ilk care only about "women" as a political issue....and not at all about the only woman involved........in fact, Costello has the nerve to blame the woman involved.....

where was she when Hillary stood by her cheating husband.....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1199616 Sep 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt has two "10 irons" in his collection....one a pitching wedge and the other a 1940s putter....
never seen one, but little doubt that some wedges were numbered 11 or 12.....
I am not an avid golfer. Used to hit the greens with the guys once in awhile to get drunk and act silly to let off steam but never a serious golfer. Had some good times, though.

I have stories. While drunk, my friends did some really stupid stuff(not me, of course). One guy swung so hard that the ball went sailing off in the opposite direction way above the Clubhouse and went bouncing down the paved highway in the oncoming lane - perfectly aligned between Centerline and edge. We roared with laughter as the ball kept bouncing over each car as they passed beneath it in almost perfect synchrony. The Three Stooges.

Youth is wasted on the young:-)

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1199618 Sep 9, 2014
Twenty-two Democrats broke ranks and voted Tuesday for the resolution condemning the Obama administration for not giving Congress advance notice of the exchange of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for five Taliban prisoners.

The 22 Democrats were Reps. John Barrow (Ga.), Ami Bera (Calif.), Bruce Braley (Iowa), Cheri Bustos (Ill.), Jim Costa (Calif.), Henry Cuellar (Texas), Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii), Pete Gallego (Texas), Joe Garcia (Fla.), Dan Lipinski (Ill.), Jim Matheson (Utah), Mike Michaud (Maine), Patrick Murphy (Fla.), Beto O'Rourke (Texas), Gary Peters (Mich.), Collin Peterson (Minn.), Nick Rahall (W.Va.), Raul Ruiz (Calif.), Kurt Schrader (Ore.), Kyrsten Sinema (Ariz.) and Tim Walz (Minn.).

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/2...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Lapeer, MI

#1199619 Sep 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama walked away from Iraq without even putting up a fight or breaking a sweat to keep residual troops there before leaving too soon. That was part of the SOFA agreement.
But his conscience was clear because he could tell you and your liberal pals he got us out of Iraq.
Now we're right back in Iraq fighting a force worse than before as GW Bush had warned in 2007.
There's no arrogance in taking out a potential threat after 9/11. There was no arrogance by every single Democrat under Clinton's presidency who saw Saddam as threat back then too.
The arrogance is yours for thinking Saddam wouldn't have done everything within his power to rebuild his WMD program when the world wasn't watching after the UN proved its impotency.
Magic Negro is directly responsible for the heinous crimes of terror being released upon the Middle East today. Historians who will ignore this in the future will be partisan Progressives trying to write history their way.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1199620 Sep 9, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Heil Obama
lol! You always get the name wrong.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1199621 Sep 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Michael Vick ran a cruel dog-fighting operation, went to prison, and was welcomed back to the NFL......
Noooo.... not really.

He's nowhere near his performance in the early years.

And I thought he would do great things for the Falcons.

Lapeer, MI

#1199622 Sep 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if they are already here then, using your "logic" a core coalition of international forces have every right to invade the United States and hunt ISIS down. Sovereignty be damned.
No need to break any of your precious sovereignty rules.

We already have Ferguson Cops here to rid the country of home grown terrorists.

They just need to tweak their agenda a little, that's all:-)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1199623 Sep 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Costello said: "I talked about a boyfriend who knocked me out. I met up with that boyfriend again because he wanted to apologize. Let’s just say, it was not a good idea.”
If Costello really believes what she says, why didn't she pursue criminal charges against her boyfriend???...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1199624 Sep 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you clearly don't understand the meaning of the words.....
I clearly have a better situational awareness of these particular events.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1199625 Sep 9, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a heat and air guy?
... asked the space cadet.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1199626 Sep 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows how little you know. For the first time, al-Qaeda disowned an affiliate by "denoucing ISIS and disavowing their actions" in January. ISIS is NOT al-Qaeda.
Al-Qaeda General Command:
“Al-Qaeda announces that it does not link itself with (ISIS)... It is not a branch of the al-Qaeda group, does not have an organizational relationship with it and (al-Qaeda) is not the group responsible for their actions.”
"In December, ISIS overstepped the mark with the assassination of rebel commander Ammar al-Wawi, prompting outrage in insurgent circles. Over the New Year the brutal ISIS killing of Dr. Hussein al-Suleiman, the leader of Ahrar al-Sham, one of the country’s biggest Islamist rebel groups that has links with al-Qaeda, was the final straw. Islamist rebels started to attack ISIS, with more moderate Free Syrian Army (FSA) brigades eventually joining in, and initially were successful in pushing the group out of the Syrian city of Aleppo and some other key rebel-held towns."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02...
lol! You really should get paid by these reich wingers for educating their lazy a$$es

Lapeer, MI

#1199627 Sep 9, 2014
Teens' Race-Fueled Attack at Grocery Store is Horrifying

"Americans need to search their hearts about how they treat young black men" --- Magic Negro

Where's Eric Racist Holder, folks?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1199628 Sep 9, 2014
Dell Cisco wrote:
<quoted text> So which team you rooting for dirtbag since1680, ISIS, Al Qaeda or the Democrat Party they're all the same?
Well son, we know reich wingers were rooting for Putin and Assad in Syria against America and Obama, and Syria allowed ISIL to ferment and grow....

... so it's clear who conservatives support!!!!

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1199629 Sep 9, 2014
Tony Rome wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? 1899? They didn't even have cars then, think anything might've changed?... I like the "Nubbins" thing though... great image...
well, T, maybe yur not as bad as I originally thought, I believe in redemption. Comment?

64 bills stuck in dirty Harry's senate, who's the obstructionist

Dirty Harry should be strung up, he's truly that bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago is much worse since Obama was elected 4 hr Abc123 3
Tecumseh the prophet 5 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
john peppercorn the prophet 5 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 6 hr ThomasA 24
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 hr Chicagoan by Birth 242,540
The Party of Racism. 10 hr Its The Democrats 2
Only Mother Fu__ers would destroy our statues. 10 hr Out of Potty Expe... 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages