Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383483 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick

United States

#1198908 Sep 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
None of Woodward's statements were debunked, deloused, disproven or laughed at except by some people in this administration who actually threatened him to shut up and you and your liberal pals who keep thinking what you see in your dreams is real.
What nobody likes is foolish people who speak foolishness and falsehoods. "Better for a fool to keep his mouth shut than to open it and prove it." Good advice. That goes for you too.
Woodward tried to soften the threat from this WH for his own good I would imagine. Haven't seen him speak publicly since.
Rahm Emmanuel probably sent him a dead fish like he did another opponent in Chicago. Who sends their political enemies a dead fish? Only the mafia gangs used to do that.
"Better for a fool to keep his mouth shut than to open it and prove it." - Carol
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1198909 Sep 8, 2014
Those wacky Christians...

List of Minor Roman Gods...

Saritor...God of weeding and hoeing...

http://www.unrv.com/culture/minor-roman-god-l...
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1198910 Sep 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the net result will be an end to all internships.....
hope that makes them happy.....
I have to assume it did?...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1198911 Sep 8, 2014
Hey stupid wrote:
<quoted text>N-=igger Ray Rice: gone.
white trash.....gone.

NFL releases shocking report detailing Richie Incognito’s racist and homophobic abuse

The official investigation concluded Incognito was responsible for a "pattern" of racist and homophobic harassment

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/14/nfl_releases_...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1198912 Sep 8, 2014
jjj wrote:
8 Sep 2014, 7:07 AM PDT 63 post a comment
"Ninety-seven percent of scientists agree:#climate change is real, man-made and dangerous."
Remember that statement, a while back, from some bloke on Twitter? What we now know with more than 97 per cent certainty that this guy - or whoever is in charge of running his Twitter account - is either wilfully dishonest or woefully ill-informed.
The "97 per cent" claim is an utter nonsense. This report released today by the Global Warming Policy Foundation explains exactly why.
First, that word "dangerous". This is a concept that was never mentioned in the study responsible for that 97 per cent claim. The paper was written by an Australian warmist activist called John Cook (and others). It drew its conclusions having allegedly reviewed 12,000 papers on climate change and found - so it claimed - that the vast majority of them supported the "consensus" on global warming.
But here the watch-the-pea-under-the-thimbl e game begins. The "consensus" which the Cook et al paper supports is so banal and trivial as to scarcely be worth stating, viz:
• that carbon dioxide (CO2) is a greenhouse gas;
• that human activities have warmed the planet to some unspecified extent.
Since even the vast majority of sceptical scientists agree with this statement you might wonder why, when Cook et al released their findings they got so much attention in the global media.(And they really did. That tweet of @barackobama's helped, of course. But you only have to recall how many occasions you've heard that "97 per cent" figure cited as unquestionable "proof" of the existence of man-made global warming to appreciate how effective this propaganda exercise was; and also to realise just how ineffective the world's media generally is at subjecting such claims to any kind of rigorous analysis).
But this fudge, of course, was always part of the plan. We know this because John Cook's internet home is an alarmist propaganda website called Skeptical Science. Unfortunately for Cook, a security lapse at his site in 2012 led to the disclosure of private email exchanges between Cook and his co-conspirators.
Here's one from Cook himself, explaining the purpose of the paper:
It's essential that the public understands that there's a scientific consensus on AGW. So [Skeptical Science activists] Jim Powell, Dana [Nucitelli] and I have been working on something over the last few months that we hope will have a game changing impact on the public perception of consensus. Basically, we hope to establish that not only is there a consensus, there is a strengthening consensus."
Two things are immediately apparent from this email.
1. Cook had decided even before he began his investigations what those investigations would reveal.
2. This was always going to be a PR exercise, not a scientific one.
continue...
not only is man-made global warming a scam, but there is no global warming, period.....

time for the left to address wealth redistribution on its own merits, instead of scams like ObamaKKKare and global warming.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1198913 Sep 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......this is an Opinion piece by a contributor - NOT an official Forbes statement, Fool. Grow up. READ before opening your big mouth.
Adam Hartung Contributor
Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.
he presented facts. you do know what they are, don't you? seeing as how you never actually try to dispute them, one has to wonder.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1198914 Sep 8, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Economically, President Obama’s administration has outperformed President Reagan’s in all commonly watched categories. Simultaneously the current administration has reduced the deficit, which skyrocketed under Reagan. Additionally, Obama has reduced federal employment, which grew under Reagan (especially when including military personnel,) and truly delivered a “smaller government.” Additionally, the current administration has kept inflation low, even during extreme international upheaval, failure of foreign economies (Greece) and a dramatic slowdown in the European economy.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/...
just the facts.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......this is an Opinion piece by a contributor - NOT an official Forbes statement, Fool. Grow up. READ before opening your big mouth.

Adam Hartung Contributor

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

just the opinions:-)
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1198915 Sep 8, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Paesano,I do believe that carol is falling for your charm, but I also suspect it's probably been a while since,,,, you know...Maybe Reagan,,, or Harding,,, be careful a woman like that could hurt a fellow.
Heheheheh, yeah, weird as it is, a lotta women LOVE to be abused, don't they?... I don't claim to understand it, it's some goddam 50 shades of pink thing? I had to train myself to spot 'em so I could play Bad Santa.... I mean my nature is to be a pussycat and lick their toes... but... when in Rome!.... More you beat carol the more you see of her...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1198916 Sep 8, 2014
Ray Rice fired by racist Baltimore Ravens.....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1198917 Sep 8, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
George Bush was a fighter pilot..
'Compared with the general population, all three
groups of pilots scored above the mean for intelligence
on the MAB...'
'The mean MAB FSIQ scores were 122.0, 120.4 and
119.6 for FP, BP, and AP, respectively...'
FP= fighter pilot
AP=Airlift/tanker
BP=Bomber Pilots
https://dokumente.unibw.de/pub/bscw.cgi/d5424...
Smart guys GET to fly jets...
Dumb guys like you peel potatoes...
First of all, comparing the intelligence scores for pilots in the USAF with members of the Texas Air National Guard is comparing apples and oranges.

That said, George W. Bush spent two years TRAINING in the Texas Air National Guard to become a fighter pilot. After graduation, he still did not have enough hours to volunteer for active duty service with the Air Force in their Palace Alert program. Claiming he was a "fighter pilot" is a slap in the face to those who really did serve in such a capacity protecting our country.

FACT: In 1999, Ben Barnes, former Democratic Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives and Lieutenant Governor of Texas, testified under oath that he had called the head of the Texas Air National Guard, Brigadier General James Rose, to recommend Bush for a pilot spot.

It should be clear to anyone that Bush is not the brightest crayon in the box.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1198918 Sep 8, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Paesano,I do believe that carol is falling for your charm, but I also suspect it's probably been a while since,,,, you know...Maybe Reagan,,, or Harding,,, be careful a woman like that could hurt a fellow.
pathetic ghost.. You bagger no longer relevant on the Forum...

It's the culture....
jjj

United States

#1198919 Sep 8, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Media Matters? the Truth Tellers?
even FOX has never gone ofter MM's integrity. kind of hard to do when FOX is watching their own UNEDITED video.
ROFLMAO....what integrity?
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1198920 Sep 8, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Those wacky Christians...
List of Minor Roman Gods...
Saritor...God of weeding and hoeing...
http://www.unrv.com/culture/minor-roman-god-l...
Where's Leo, the goddess of lions when you need her to sit on your face and GRIND her hips into the pillow?.. There's no justice...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1198921 Sep 8, 2014
Typically, republicans have tried to detract from the president’s accomplishments. When it comes to the falling unemployment rate, they claim that it is somehow related to large numbers of people just dropping out of the workforce. This would almost be believable if the economy wasn’t creating new jobs at a rate that coincides perfectly with the falling employment rate, but it is. There have been six consecutive months with more than 200,000 new jobs created, with only a slight dip in that number in August. Additionally, there have been 63 straight months of economic expansion and more than two solid years of manufacturing expansion.

In order to satisfy Obama’s conservative critics, Forbes compared the economy under President Obama to that of Ronald Reagan, who the GOP often touts as the best economic president of our times. It’s no surprise to discover that even with many additional obstacles in his path, Forbes concluded that:

“President Obama’s administration has outperformed President Reagan’s in all commonly watched categories.”

In order to complete the analysis, Forbes interviewed Bob Deitrick, CEO of Polaris Financial Partners. The company’s newsletter is reported to be one of the most reliable authorities on economic performance in the country.

Here’s what Deitrick had to say about President Obama’s job creation record, when compared to that of President Reagan.

“President Reagan has long been considered the best modern economic President. So we compared his performance dealing with the oil-induced recession of the 1980s with that of President Obama and his performance during this ‘Great Recession.’

As this unemployment chart shows, President Obama’s job creation kept unemployment from peaking at as high a level as President Reagan, and promoted people into the workforce faster than President Reagan.

President Obama has achieved a 6.1% unemployment rate in his 6th year, fully one year faster than President Reagan did. At this point in his presidency, President Reagan was still struggling with 7.1% unemployment, and he did not reach into the mid-low 6% range for another full year. So, despite today’s number, the Obama administration has still done considerably better at job creating and reducing unemployment than did the Reagan administration.

We forecast unemployment will fall to around 5.4% by summer, 2015. A rate President Reagan was unable to achieve during his two terms.”

According to Forbes, this is not only the best private sector job growth in modern history:

“This is the best private sector jobs creation performance in American History.”

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/09/06/its-o...
Zeituni O Soetoro

New York, NY

#1198922 Sep 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is, Obama doesn't like working with Congress or working with anyone for that matter. He's a rogue and aloof president and everyone knows it in his administration and his own party.
Bob Woodward was subtly threatened after publishing his book about this administration - the same book he writes about every administration after being given access to the White House - and going on television shows to say Obama's WH staff say they don't know who's in charge.
Woodward's book about Bush's administration was much more complimentary than Obama's.
Woodward stopped appearing on any television shows right after receiving that subtle threat.
"People always say this to me:'Hey, Letterman,' they say.'Why don't you make jokes about Obama?' All right, I'll tell you why. I don't make jokes about him because I don't want the FBI tapping my phone, that's why." --David Letterman
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1198923 Sep 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
not only is man-made global warming a scam, but there is no global warming, period.....
time for the left to address wealth redistribution on its own merits, instead of scams like ObamaKKKare and global warming.....
You know, Gallty, it's kinda like hand grenades, ain't it? I mean they tell you to pull the pin, wait a few seconds, then throw it and everything will be just fine... But the whole time you're thinkin'... "What if they're wrong?"
Jackie Lynch

East Hartford, CT

#1198925 Sep 8, 2014
Pathetic...

National Football League made calls regarding potential placement of Sam on practice squad

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/...

The NFL do this for everyone cut by teams? Uh...no.
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1198926 Sep 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
A logical follow-up would be aren't you always being honest? Why the need to say "now"?
Have to go for now. So later.
Good choice, sugar... put some Prep H on it and call me in the morning...
jjj

United States

#1198927 Sep 8, 2014
Tony Rome wrote:
<quoted text>
I got this question for you, Homer... What's in it for you?... Tell me, please, in your own words, why it's in your best interest to "win" this issue?...
Please explain why you're so stupid?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1198928 Sep 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama surrendered on amnesty for illegal aliens because it was polling even worse than ISIS/Hamas......
I think it's called a 'strategic withdrawal.....'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 18 min Retired SOF 990
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Jacques in Orleans 214,473
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 28 min SweLL GirL 8,418
Home Bound Horror Story 1 hr Bad People 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,607
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 8,469
News Barber shop shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured; ... 1 hr bozo 2
Observations 2 hr Angelique770 27
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Sublime1 102,009
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages