Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Michael Sam

United States

#1196678 Sep 3, 2014
Warehouse?
Emaam thinks I'm his idiot son.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1196679 Sep 3, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b58...
Catastrophe Canceled: Per Physics, The "Powerful" CO2 Emissions Prove To Be Trace Gas Without Power
CAGW alarmists can no longer deny the physics and the inconvenient climate empirical records...the feared trace gas CO2 is proving to be a toothless boogieman...tipping point global warming is off the agenda due to ever lower CO2 sensitivity.....
CO2 diminishing impact HC4 global temperatures climate physics 081114
(click on graph to enlarge)
WUWT had a recent article regarding the continuous diminishing impact of CO2 on global temperatures.
The indisputable physics of climate science states that for every molecule of CO2 added to the atmosphere, that molecule will have a smaller impact than the one before it.
This diminishing return of CO2 is a well known logarithmic function, as described here.
This most recent article elaborates even further on the ever-sooner trivial CO2 influence, which the author summarizes in this manner:
===>"The committed Nations by their actions alone, whatever the costs they incurred to themselves, might only ever effect virtually undetectable reductions of World temperature. So it is clear that all the minor but extremely expensive attempts by the few convinced Western nations at the limitation of their own CO2 emissions will be inconsequential and futile."
A visualization of the diminishing CO2 impact is revealed by the adjacent top graph. Its plot is a simple ratio of total temperature change divided by atmospheric CO2 (ppm) change since January 1850.
As the graph clearly depicts, the ratio declines in the direction of zero as the growing total of added CO2 produces less and less global warming. Ergo, the climate's sensitivity to CO2 emission is shrinking, constantly.
The bottom graph is the same ratio but only for the shorter period, dating from January 1950 to June 2014. Obviously, the huge increase of atmospheric CO2 from the modern period's industrial/consumer engine has indeed produced a diminishing impact on global temperatures.
This is the empirical evidence that the IPCC and CAGW alarmists never want to talk about as it provides the proof that human CO2 emissions will not be causing massive climate calamities. Yes...those same scary catastrophes always being portrayed by the 97% "consensus" Hollywood science and the robustly gullible mainstream press.
Flack duped yet again by a denier site.

I can make any graph that should show variation show none. Its all in scaling.

The only way the ratio of the change in temperature & the change of CO2 would approach zero is if the rate of change of the temperature approached zero or the change of the CO2 would get extremely large.

There was little increase in CO2 emissions until 1950-1970 & then it increased dramatically.

The fact is more CO2 heightens the greenhouse gas effect. Actually what your article is really saying is we have to cut a lot of CO2 emission to get the ave. global temperatures to quit rising & decline.

Michael Sam

United States

#1196680 Sep 3, 2014
Now that it's clear that there is a new old sheriff running this thread I'll have to ask emaam and gunner the coward to take their affair elsewhere.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1196681 Sep 3, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> A Conservative who's broke but a Conservative none the LESS.
Nothing from nothing leaves nothing....

Chambersburg, PA

#1196682 Sep 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Bush was the actual President, and Obama is just a cardboard cutout of a commercial to make it look like we have a President while Valerie Jarrett is the actual President.
Karl Rove. Ever hear of him???

If George W Bush was a real President, he wouldn't have needed to hide out in Crawford Texas.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1196683 Sep 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the end of World War II any enemy of the United States is a friend to the Democrats. They are part of the war against the United States. Anyone who expects Democrats to help us is fooling themselves.
There is only one solution to ISIS. Total annihilation. Agree. Let's just go there and kill them.
Ah! Spoken again like your 1930's German leaders!!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1196684 Sep 3, 2014
Jack Bogle comments on the Obama era economy__"remarkable, just remarkable!"

Chambersburg, PA

#1196685 Sep 3, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave I did my Time, How about you? I know Obama favored color is Yellow, so my question Is, is that a Yellow Streak running down the Middle of Your Back?
Doing time in prison doesn't count.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1196686 Sep 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the end of World War II any enemy of the United States is a friend to the Democrats. They are part of the war against the United States. Anyone who expects Democrats to help us is fooling themselves.
There is only one solution to ISIS. Total annihilation. Agree. Let's just go there and kill them.
lol! What I like about you son is you talk the talk, then run away in fear and shame!

That yellow stripe down your backside is really appropriate!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1196687 Sep 3, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
police are racist....
and shooting suspects...
'Participants in an innovative Washington State University study of deadly force were more likely to feel threatened in scenarios involving black people. But when it came time to shoot, participants were biased in favor of black suspects, taking longer to pull the trigger against them than against armed white or Hispanic suspects.'
https://news.wsu.edu/2014/09/02/deadly-force-...
It's a sad commentary on the life of the black man but claiming police officers are "racist" is a smoke screen for what it really is...blacks deserving of extra scrutiny because they are the ones committing homicides. That may lead to an unconscious bias on the part of police officers but it's not "racism. That is not a "racist" statement, it is just FACT. The study you linked to did not accuse police officers of being "racist". People should not deny facts just because they find them humiliating or incendiary.

When Obama speaks to blacks about their "bad choices", he is accused of "speaking down to blacks". When he quotes, "Excuses are tools of the incompetent, used to build bridges to nowhere and monuments of nothingness", he is accused of "speaking down to blacks". IMO, that response is nothing more than avoidance of the self-assessment that is necessary to stop being victims.

Would you call Jesse Jackson "racist"?

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved...." (Jesse Jackson)

I wish I had answers. I don't. But calling police officers "racist" is a disservice to everyone and a stumbling block to meaningful dialogue.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1196688 Sep 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Combat ceased in Desert Storm with a cease fire, you moron. There was never an end to the war Saddam Hussien started. The UN left open the option to resume military action should Saddam Hussein not comply with the UN resolutions. Saddam Hussein was in violation of 18 UN resolutions when the Democrats voted to fight the war the Arab muslims started in Iraq in exchange for the Republicans giving them no effective oversight of their Marxist CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years (fuck you) oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse, idiot.
lol! No son. Combat operations ended when bush sr hit the UN objectives.

Geez your self delusional history is really an object lesson on how to make things up!!!
Michael Sam

United States

#1196689 Sep 3, 2014
After all these months away from topix all emaam could muster was a passive aggressive lady attack using flack.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1196690 Sep 3, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>c3headlines is what Junebug? Haven't you and I had this talk before?
Listen up__like it or not this is the largest and longest running anon thread in internet history and you really shouldn't be sullying up it's reputation with nonsense and puke__otherwise you're no better than Forks, Bronach and the Patriot feller.
mindless gibberish from a senile old used car dealer......

Chambersburg, PA

#1196691 Sep 3, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I see the wife every day. Beach house is 25 miles away. Not all stuff sold at WalMart is from China. Gave up being on the road to raise a family. Which I have successfully done despite the wife's problems. It wouldn't impress me if you volunteered to FOX or any other news program. Been a good summer for golf. Not many 90 plus days!!!!
What??? You golf??OMG OMG OMG what kind of father golfs. You have kids to raise & yet where are you when they need you???? Playing golf.

My God what a lousy father you must be.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1196694 Sep 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack duped yet again by a denier site.
I can make any graph that should show variation show none. Its all in scaling.
The only way the ratio of the change in temperature & the change of CO2 would approach zero is if the rate of change of the temperature approached zero or the change of the CO2 would get extremely large.
There was little increase in CO2 emissions until 1950-1970 & then it increased dramatically.
The fact is more CO2 heightens the greenhouse gas effect. Actually what your article is really saying is we have to cut a lot of CO2 emission to get the ave. global temperatures to quit rising & decline.
but, there is no proof that temperatures are rising, so all your blather about carbon dioxide means nothing....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1196695 Sep 3, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Jack Bogle comments on the Obama era economy__"remarkable, just remarkable!"
got a link for that, you senile old dipshit???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1196697 Sep 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Doing time in prison doesn't count.
draft-dodgers like you have no right to comment.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1196698 Sep 3, 2014
For those who enjoy polls...

According to Pew Research 91% of Tea Party mutts and 78% of Republicans view ISIS as a threat to the US while 63% of Independents and 65% of Democrats see ISIS as a threat.

Looks like the 24 hour news cycle owns the fragile minds.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1196699 Sep 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
Would you call Jesse Jackson "racist"?
absolutely...the King of the Racists......
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1196700 Sep 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Doing time in prison doesn't count.
Like I figure Yellow is Your Color!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min The Real Missyfit 47,480
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min HulkHoeGun 50,589
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 40 min edogxxx 98,498
Abby 10-21 43 min edogxxx 1
Amy 10-21 45 min edogxxx 1
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 55 min Girly girl 7
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,974
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 179,265
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info