Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394703 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197665 Sep 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I only saw what you posted, not any quote you're claiming now son.
So technically, that would make you a plagiarizer....
Or a liar...
Or simply trying to confuse reality with your own opinions....
Dan Rather
Jake McGillicuddy

East Hartford, CT

#1197666 Sep 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I served with a couple of 40ish infantry company commanders (Captains). Both had several tours in RVN as both NCO's and Commissioned Officers. Some guys like the thrill of the field. I served with a 50ish top sergeant with multiple tours in RVN who had been an officer in the Marine Corps during Korea.
I met a lot of older guys in RVN serving in various noncombat capacities who had re-upped for the travel and the action.
And of course RMK-BRJ was full of retired military guys who were in it for the $$$.
Google - Be all that you can be.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197667 Sep 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
reall I didn't realize a media conviction meant imprisonment. what facilities do they use for carrying out the sentence?
its called mob justice doophus....like the folks who looted all the stores in Missouri....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197668 Sep 5, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Everything about old forks is somewhat lacking.
get back to the "i had an abortion and had the fetus placed in a jar' forum...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1197669 Sep 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad president Dumbya did listen to President George H.W. Bush who said that if we took out Saddam, Iraq would turn into another Vietnam and we could be there 10 years, the outcome would still be the same, a no win civil war between Iraqi Sunni, shia and Kurds. Removing saddam would destabilize the Middle East, no matter how long we stayed. Its an unwinnable situation.
If President Dumbo was so right in 2007, why did he sign the SOF agreement in 2008 that had all U.S. combat troops out by 2011??
Are you really this Stupid,‘Gosh’ Never Mind, I know the answer…YES YOU ARE!! Karma you are the Portrait of a ‘SIMPLETON’ being a Liberal this should make you Proud!!
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1197670 Sep 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
She proves it daily, but her mental damage is obviously beyond repair. It's a bagger think once fanatic are programmed it's forever, facts, reality and common sense is eliminated.
ghost... no officer.. Not a Veteran...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197671 Sep 5, 2014
Big efficient gubbymint to the rescue!

'A review of public records in 28 states uncovered widespread cheating by construction companies that listed workers as contractors instead of employees in order to beat competitors and cut costs. The federal government, while cracking down on the practice in private industry, let it happen in stimulus projects in the rush to pump money into the economy at a time of crisis.'

: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/static/features/Co...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1197672 Sep 5, 2014
Is this an Error? Obama’s propaganda press’ MSNBC reporting: New Jobs Report 'A Big Disappointment,''Worst Level Of Job Creation All Year!' WOW
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1197673 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it did get ugly when we faced an unexpected resurgent force and al Qaeda who didn't give up and go home after Saddam was removed from power and his regime destroyed.
But war is ugly. Good thing Bush ordered the surge and left Obama with a stabilized Iraq, right?
If Italy took its purse and went home when things got tough just one year before it was over, it's more of an embarrassment to them. The threat was still there by terrorists who don't carry a purse.
But Italy was all in when they, too, believed Saddam was a threat at the beginning, weren't they? Just like Hillary Clinton and John Kerry. And 109 other Democrats.
The Bush administration lied to everyone in sight__it seems that everyone on earth except you and your overnight topix butt pals comprehends that.

Bush left Obama with two unnecessary and unfinished wars along with the shakiest economy since the great depression.

You're a moron

And a dirtbag
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197674 Sep 5, 2014
The Obama economic recovery...

'For families with business equity, the mean value increased substantially, going from
$844,800 in 2010 to $973,900 in 2013, but it remained below the 2007 level ...'

http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/bulletin/2...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197675 Sep 5, 2014
The evil one percent, the family business, and the Obama Economic recovery!

'Only families in the top income group
experienced an increase in the mean value of business equity. The mean value of business
equity for the upper-middle income group was approximately unchanged, while the bottom
income group experienced a substantial decline in the mean value...'

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197676 Sep 5, 2014
The evil one percent, the family business, and the Obama Economic recovery!

'The fraction of families that owned a privately held business fell 1.6 percentage points
between 2010 and 2013, to 11.7 percent (figure A). This level is the lowest ever recorded in the Survey of Consumer Finances, dating back to the 1989 survey.'

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1197677 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently have a hard time discerning fact from opinion. But don't worry. I'm always here to help. See...what you just responded to was both fact and opinion. My opinion was that Edwards got off easy for much more egregious charges than McDonnell. What I said about Obama was fact backed up by a liberal constitutional law professor.
So which one confused you?
Back away from the bong doll.

And GFY
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197678 Sep 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Bush administration lied to everyone in sight__it seems that everyone on earth except you and your overnight topix butt pals comprehends that.
Bush left Obama with two unnecessary and unfinished wars along with the shakiest economy since the great depression.
You're a moron
And a dirtbag
Obama's watch!
Lowest in recorded history!!!!!

'The fraction of families that owned a privately held business fell 1.6 percentage points
between 2010 and 2013, to 11.7 percent (figure A). This level is the lowest ever recorded in the Survey of Consumer Finances, dating back to the 1989 survey.'

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197679 Sep 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops my bad, she was undergoing upper gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy, which by the way doesn't require any cutting.
of course a 81 year old is never known to have a heart attack right?
the danger is the anesthesia, more than the procedure itself.....

better to perform such procedures in hospital outpatient surgical centers, rather than in doctor's offices.....particularly with older patients......

just a matter of money.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197680 Sep 5, 2014
The evil one percent, the family home, and the Obama Economic recovery!

'Between 2010 and 2013, mean net housing value continued
to fall for all three groups, but the magnitudes of the declines differed substantially...

... For the bottom income group, net housing value fell 11 percent
between 2010 and 2013...'

Jake McGillicuddy

East Hartford, CT

#1197681 Sep 5, 2014
The Myth of the Climate Change '97%'

What is the origin of the false belief—constantly repeated—that almost all scientists agree about global warming?

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

Of the various petitions on global warming circulated for signatures by scientists, the one by the Petition Project, a group of physicists and physical chemists based in La Jolla, Calif., has by far the most signatures—more than 31,000 (more than 9,000 with a Ph.D.). It was most recently published in 2009, and most signers were added or reaffirmed since 2007. The petition states that "THERE IS NO CONVINCING SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE that human release of ... carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate."

We could go on, but the larger point is plain. THERE IS NO BASIS for the claim that 97% of scientists believe that man-made climate change is a dangerous problem.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197682 Sep 5, 2014
TSM wrote:
Is this an Error? Obama’s propaganda press’ MSNBC reporting: New Jobs Report 'A Big Disappointment,''Worst Level Of Job Creation All Year!' WOW
but Realslime claims the economy is on fire.....

notice that the European Central Bank is now pumping like the Fed.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197683 Sep 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Bush administration lied to everyone in sight__it seems that everyone on earth except you and your overnight topix butt pals comprehends that.
You're a moron
And a dirtbag
mindless gibberish......

debunked.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197684 Sep 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
You're a moron
And a dirtbag
Here we go...

In 2006 2000 people were surveyed

Asked these questions:
'I would go along with my friends and cheat the restaurant...
'I would go along with my friends and pay the smaller (incorrect) tab...'

28 percent of Democratic voters would knowingly pay incorrect tab...
17 percent of Republican voters would knowingly pay incorrect tab...

Fried, J.(2008). "Democrats and Republicans: Rhetoric and Reality". Algora: USA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min woodtick57 216,546
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 35 min GEORGIA 2,681
last post wins! (Dec '10) 37 min Retired SOF 2,130
Word (Dec '08) 39 min GEORGIA 6,401
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 40 min GEORGIA 8,844
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 51 min WasteWater 9
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,107
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Dregs Historian 102,451
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages