Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460339 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197505 Sep 5, 2014
The Evil 1 percent, American households, and 5 years into the OBama Economy!!!!!

'Those in the lowest usual income quintile saw small decreases in median net worth (12 p
ercent, from $7,300 to $6,400), but they also saw the largest proportional decrease in mean net worth (21 percent, from $81,800 to $64,600).'

' Households in the second and third quintile of usual income saw large declines in median net worth (10 percent and 17 percent, respectively)...'

http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/bulletin/2...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197506 Sep 5, 2014
The Evil 1 percent, American households, and 5 years into the OBama Economy!!!!!

'...the income share of the top 3 percent has rebounded, climbing to 30.5 percent in 2013.'

Bluestater

Chicopee, MA

#1197508 Sep 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
ObamaKKkare has made it necessary to lie to your doctor, because medical records are no longer confidential....
Wrong again dumbass!
According to the American Medical Association, the new health law actually "expands" HIPAA rules. The National Conference of State Legislatures explained that under the ACA, the new rules "expand privacy measures," strengthening patients' rights and protections and strengthening the government's ability to enforce the privacy law against other business interests.
You're an idiot Galt; you always have been and always will be!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197510 Sep 5, 2014

'...The share of income received by the next highest 7 percent of the distribution (percentiles 90 through 97) has not changed over the past quarter of a century, sitting slightly below 17 percent in 1989 and 2013.'

look at this nugget!.

'The wealth share of the top 3 percent climbed from 44.8 percent in 1989 to 51.8 percent in 2007 and 54.4 percent in 2013.'

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1197512 Sep 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you are correct...even a 20 year old Airman that served 4 months and got booted on a medical or entry level separation out knows what a '214' is....they have to have it to prove they were in the military in order to qualify for all that wonderful VA medical care....
Ghost is a giant lying sack of walrus excrement....
Hey idiot, no one is denying what a DD-214 is we all have one, but your discharge is a separate certificate all together.. Can you morons not grasp or read? You only prove that you never served moron, anyone that has been discharged from the military knows that it's a DD-214 [not simply a 214] all veterans know that to be true. The DD-214 has all of the pertenent info for the time you served, yes you need it for lots of things because it has all of your info on it...Damn you idiots are well idiots. You are letting your political views influence your anger. Which shows me just how weak you are. Surprize is simply a psycho.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197513 Sep 5, 2014
Looks like more people are finally giving up...turning to suckling on the teat...

'Ownership of retirement accounts—including individual retirement accounts (IRAs),
Keogh accounts, and certain employer-sponsored accounts, such as 401(k), 403(b), and
thrift savings accounts—fell below 50 percent in 2013,'

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1197514 Sep 5, 2014
How come liberals thought Obama "evolving" about his stance on gay marriage right before an election was perfectly understandable and acceptable but Romney "evolving" over his stance on abortion while a governor justified demonizing him and his change of heart absolute hypocrisy?

Liberals sure have an odd double standard.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1197515 Sep 5, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime, a Vetereran will not side ghost.. Realtime knows a 214. For a fact NO Veteran will side with ghost on a 214
We are all still waiting on just one veteran that says that your DD214 is a separate document from your Discharge certificate, Dumbo...Not even one... Hell even, DB and Easy Eed agree.All that have served know what a DD214 is. Nutso.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197517 Sep 5, 2014
The Obama economy!

owning a home is a sure way to accumulate wealth....or at least have a back yard...unless you are a Progressive and in charge of the economy....

'The percentage of families that owned their primary residence fell from 68.6 percent in
2007 to 65.2 percent in 2013 (figure A). The most recent time the Survey of Consumer
Finances recorded a homeownership rate this low was 1995.'

UruEuWauWau

Seoul, Korea

#1197518 Sep 5, 2014
Them Russkies will be nukin' ole Yankland & its territories courtesy of China, Obozo & gayrope very soon. ;-) First thaang first, right now, petro$$$ has to go. ;-D
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1197519 Sep 5, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
smart enough to ignore 99% of the crap you post, fartsack.
say hello to the drunken sailors tomorrow night when you report to "work"
lol! Always with your drunken sailor routine. It's the only thing you know!

At least you're smart enough to know when you're outclassed son! And in your case, ignorance IS bliss!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1197520 Sep 5, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
we have the facts, fat thug and criminal killed by cop while he was committing his second felony of the day. evens things out for him getting away with murder several years ago.
lol! amazing.

the only thing missing is intelligence and thinking on your part.

anything after that is unnecessary!!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1197521 Sep 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
if you completed 20 plus years of service and only made the rank of captain that means you finished college after you enlisted...how would you be able to do that when online college courses did not really become common until around 1990...
it does not add up...you are lying...
The only thing you are showing is your anger issues, how you arrived at that is your delusion, not mine. Read the book dumbass. You are only an obsessed sheep that obviously has no real life. You are your own worst enemy that you seem to be in a constant fight with. I have explained before that I was in the Army almost ten years before things started to happen for me...So suck on your stupid Moron.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1197522 Sep 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
With Eric Racist Holder and Magic Negro twisting the arm of Lady Justice?
You're not a Pollyanna but a Racist Pig in a wig.
I don't know how you can call me a racist when I haven't made a decision one way or the other in the Brown shooting. You and those like you who are claiming the officer will be "crucified" just because he shot a black man are the "racists". Anyone who disrespects the President of the United States by calling him "Magic Negro" is a racist pig.

I will go where the evidence leads . If there is enough evidence to show that the officer killed Brown out of fear for his life, he will be cleared and I will be happy for him. If there is enough evidence to show that the officer could have subdued Brown without the use of deadly force, he will be tried in a court of law. Either way, justice will be done and that I'm fine either way.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1197523 Sep 5, 2014
Under Obama, only richest 10% have seen incomes rise, not surprising!! Under Obama Presidency the Gap between Rich/Poor has Widen, while the Wealthy has become Wealthier under Obama than any Previous President and Liberals wanted talk about Inequality…..A Joke!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1197525 Sep 5, 2014
President Barack bin Lyin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not comical to watch the world burn, just as Mitt Romney predicted--and was ridiculed by Obummer and his media lackeys--in the 2012 campaign.
Romney capitalizes on 2012 clairvoyance about today’s global Hellscape with searing op-ed
POSTED AT 8:41 PM ON SEPTEMBER 4, 2014 BY NOAH ROTHMAN
It isn’t so much that former Massachusetts governor and 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was a prophet. Just that he had read a book or two.
Throughout the course of the campaign, the turnaround artist and blue state Republican issued some dire but necessary warnings to the American public about how the geopolitical environment was changing for the worse.
In 2012, Romney called it “troubling” and “alarming” that Barack Obama had essentially appeased the Russian bear by offering concessions like the withdrawal of interceptor missile and radar installations in Eastern Europe without reciprocity from Moscow. He said that Russia’s actions have made that nation “without question, our number one geopolitical foe.”
This prompted a flood of scorn and mockery from a raft of self-assured critics.
But by 2014, after Russia had frustrated America’s ambition to contain the Syrian civil war, invaded neighboring Ukraine, and unilaterally annexed a portion of that nation’s territory into Russia proper, nearly all of Romney’s self-respecting critics were forced to concede that he had a point.
In that campaign and earlier, Romney warned that the Islamist goal was the establishment of a pan-Islamic caliphate state which would counter the West and add a grave new military dimension to the ideological struggle against jihadism.
“It’s this century’s nightmare, jihadism – violent, radical Islamic fundamentalism,” Romney said in 2007.“Their goal is to unite the world under a single jihadist caliphate.”
“This is about Shia and Sunni. This is about Hezbollah and Hamas and Al Qaida and the Muslim Brotherhood,” he reiterated in a 2008 presidential debate.“This is a worldwide jihadist effort to try and cause the collapse of all moderate Islamic governments and replace them with a caliphate.”
Bingo again.
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/09/04/romney-...
Meanwhile, Obumbles has finally changed out of his golf shorts and is wearing big boy pants in London.
Reich wingers have been crying this for a while son.

All Romney is doing is repeating the reich wing mantra.

If that's what you call a 'prediction,' he's no different than any other...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1197526 Sep 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all still waiting on just one veteran that says that your DD214 is a separate document from your Discharge certificate, Dumbo...Not even one... Hell even, DB and Easy Eed agree.All that have served know what a DD214 is. Nutso.
That should read Is not a separate document.We all know that the two are separate documents.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1197527 Sep 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks lily, defending him against all of that can't be easy. I was on a TV show with him and Ken Cuccinelli back when he was running for Governor of Virginia, in 09. We had a couple things in common with the military and Fort Hood Texas, although I was there long before he was. He was a big proponent of the Iraqi war and we disagreed on that, actually he was a pretty mild kinda guy. Cuccinelli a different story and far more to the right. McDonnell simply said what he had to in order to get elected. Cuccinelli was way more fanatical in his views on women and all far right views, from abortion, religion and homosexuality, etc, etc.. That's one of the biggest reasons why he lost his bid for Governor against Terry Mcauliffe, he lost the women vote. You know he was the one mostly behind the vaginal probe thing. My personal views of Mcdonnell was that he could be easily led and not really a hard nose like Cuccinelli, actually I still wear the pin that he gave me, which has the great seal of Virginia that say "from the office of the attorney general". He was ok as far as governing went, Cuccinelli was a joke and the kind we don't need in any political position.
Yes Cucinelli was definitely "out there", however McDonnells first order of business as Governor was to take away rights from gays and lesbians.

McDonnell and his wife were definitely in a messy marriage situation, but they're guilty and I hope they do some time just like anyone else.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1197528 Sep 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
if you completed 20 plus years of service and only made the rank of captain that means you finished college after you enlisted...how would you be able to do that when online college courses did not really become common until around 1990...
it does not add up...you are lying...
obviously, you're not a veteran, especially from the Vietnam era.

I can think of plenty of ways to complete 20 years service inthe military and retire at the rank of captian.
Enlisted Combat commission. Even if that commission is rescinded, as many were and you return to enlisted, you retire at your highest rank.
Enlisted Combat Commission to LDO (Limited Duty Officer-in case you didn't know
Warrant officer combat commission. Most helicopter pilots in the Army are Warrant officers, getting a combat commission you probably would retire below at or below the rank of Major.

as for on-line college courses, when I was in the Corps in the late 70's early 90's there were plenty of college courses offered on base after duty hours. The vast majority of CO's encouraged their troops to take those courses and would provide assistance-transportation to other bases, rearrange duty assignments, etc,.

for someone who professes to have served, your knowledge of the military seems somewhat lacking
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1197529 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
How come liberals thought Obama "evolving" about his stance on gay marriage right before an election was perfectly understandable and acceptable but Romney "evolving" over his stance on abortion while a governor justified demonizing him and his change of heart absolute hypocrisy?
Liberals sure have an odd double standard.
Because Mitt Romney is a liar and an opportunist

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Black Mom 62,359
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 19 min Patriot AKA Bozo 7,959
Should TRUMP use this? 47 min ITs TRUE USE IT 10
Are democrats destroyed? 58 min YUP DemDEMSrDONE 14
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 1 hr TEXAS Shoot-emUP 24
News 700 are dead and Chicago is out of control 1 hr red dawn 4
TRUMP FORCE being formed to clean up Chicago! 2 hr red dawn 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages