Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1432725 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1197349 Sep 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"fair" is what one earns.....
If a Trayvon off the streets of Chicago can dribble a basketball, he can make $30 million and he earns it. If a rapper can rap about raping his mother and dealing drugs, he makes $100 Million and he earns it.

But if a white boy starts his own company and becomes a billionaire, he beez hatin' on black boys an' cheatin' black folks.

It beez dat wayz.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1197350 Sep 4, 2014
Teri wrote:
By calling a black and white person black, you do raise the standards for whiteness because it means that you have to have, at least, one white parent in order to identify as black. This also means that a white person, a precious commodity, so pure and fragile, can be eradicated in less than one generation. This is how racist Americans are.
wow! one of the most racists statements ever heard on topix....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197351 Sep 4, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Ron Paul: Obama Doesn't Have A Strategy For ISIS? Good!
RON PAUL: US regime change policy in Syria was directly responsible for the rise of ISIS over these past three years. As journalist Eric Margolis observed recently, the emergence of ISIS is the “mother of all blowback.” The neocons who want us to get tougher on ISIS, including a US attack on Syria, are the same ones who not long ago demanded that we support groups like ISIS to overthrow the Assad government in Syria.
the only one calling for overthrowing Assad was Baraq Hussein Obama.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197352 Sep 4, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so how do you feel about hate speech laws?
Unconstitutional......
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197353 Sep 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what!? They have a life free from absolute anything.
The big one is fear.... you are ruled by fear while Danes live their lives.... I am one, once removed, I know... You are dragging the rest of the world to war because of your endless, shapeless fears, but the rest of the world has had enough of American trash... they realize clearly that you are the ones to be scared of... In this, Americans FINALLY achieve a kind of racial parity... the rest of the world hates all Americans... not just the white ones.... they recognize you and your BIG... is the ultimate evil...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1197354 Sep 4, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush's destabilization of Iraq has long term consequences that many don't consider funny. You right wing morons would like to pretend it never happened but it did. Own it, Fool.
George Washington had a destabilizing effect on the American Colonies that had long term consequences that many Brits didn't consider funny, too.

Be more specific or pull your pants up and go home.
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197355 Sep 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. I grew up in Germany and close friends of my parents was a Dane couple. Very nice people.
My best buddy had to share a room with his older sister. Small apartment. Not that I complained when his sister came into the room from a shower and got dressed.:-)
Oh, god.... another army brat... Did they erect razor wire around mommy and daddy's compound? It was to keep you clowns in not others out...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197356 Sep 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is how it is distributed? Really!? Distributed? Who distributes and what right does anyone have to another's labor and subsequent earnings?
all government schemes to redistribute wealth ultimately make the rich richer and the poor poorer......
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197357 Sep 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow! one of the most racists statements ever heard on topix....
Really, Tickers? I thought half of it was pretty good.... the other half seemed a little.. Korean like your posts are... Why don't we both think positively and wait and see before we condemn them, shall we?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197358 Sep 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure most of us want to ease the economic burden on the middle class.
Unfortunately, more of the middle class are at the poverty level in 2014. How long does it take to make the right decisions to turn things around? The economic collapse in 2007-2008 was a golden opportunity for Americans to reassess our priorities. It came and went with Obamacare and a good crisis that wasn't to be wasted.
The government now controls 1/6 of the nation's economy because of Obamacare. The IRS will be hiring hundreds and hundreds of people to oversee it at the taxpayers' expense.
Even you must know that's not the right way to turn things around.
the middle class is overwhelmingly white and DemoKKKrats hate white people....
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197359 Sep 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If a Trayvon off the streets of Chicago can dribble a basketball, he can make $30 million and he earns it. If a rapper can rap about raping his mother and dealing drugs, he makes $100 Million and he earns it.
But if a white boy starts his own company and becomes a billionaire, he beez hatin' on black boys an' cheatin' black folks.
It beez dat wayz.
Well, no... nobody said that?... They're all three the same, obviously... useless...
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197360 Sep 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the only one calling for overthrowing Assad was Baraq Hussein Obama.....
That's not true... so why did you say it? Pretty much everybody who could say it without cutting their own throats so to speak did say it... and they were right too...
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197361 Sep 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the middle class is overwhelmingly white and DemoKKKrats hate white people....
That's not true... how can I say this? YOU... are not all "white people'... the Danes are singularly white and they're the happiest people on the planet, remember? Nobody hates the Danes except maybe the Swedes?..(..Don't worry, I'll keep reminding you...)... Any 'hatred' people of any stripe might feel towards "whites" is directed specifically at you and yours... we know where the shit in the rivers and crap in the skies and the endless war comes from... it comes from you...
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197362 Sep 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
all government schemes to redistribute wealth ultimately make the rich richer and the poor poorer......
Um... no, nope... that's not true... many of those schemes have kept your creaky white ass (I did that just for you, Gallty..)... from being hung like meat from a tall tree you haven't sold to Japan yet...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1197363 Sep 4, 2014
Tony Rome wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, god.... another army brat... Did they erect razor wire around mommy and daddy's compound? It was to keep you clowns in not others out...
Razor wire compound? You're one messed up dude. I lived in an apartment building off base.
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197364 Sep 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
George Washington had a destabilizing effect on the American Colonies that had long term consequences that many Brits didn't consider funny, too.
Be more specific or pull your pants up and go home.
Blah, blah, blah... said Father Sammy Hambone of the First Church of Pureed Bacon and Homefries
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197365 Sep 4, 2014
Capitalism: n. An economic theory wherein the adherent shits BIG repeatedly on his own doorstep and then expresses outrage when others don't rush to scoop it up and eat it.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1197366 Sep 4, 2014
Tony Rome wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa! Just no good at math or English, huh? Bend over... I'm gettin' tired of keepin' my eyes closed and dreamin' of Lassie...
as stupid as you are dumb, Doofus troll
Tony Rome

Des Moines, IA

#1197367 Sep 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Razor wire compound? You're one messed up dude. I lived in an apartment building off base.
Oops, I forgot... you're older... go check out the American schools on base in Germany now.... because you're animals... Like your parents, you're living proof of the science of genetics... The Army attracts - with certain exceptions - the lowest form of humans on the planet, and that's saying something. These, in turn, breed even more loathsome animals who end up in government funded American schools on base because no one else would have them...

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1197368 Sep 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wall Street has it's man and his name is Oblama."
That is pretty much true, so how do you nitwits call Wall St's man a communist??
You nitwits can't figure out which angle to argue.
Either Obama is a capitalist stooge, a communist, or a muslim. Which is it??
Various nitwits have accused him of one or more.
You folks need to make up your mind what Obama really is.
STFU before I bitchslap you back into the sewer you climbed out of. Nutsack

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Rogue Scholar 05 225,365
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,485
lawnmowingonline is horrible ........... Beware! (Jan '16) 1 hr LawnMowingOnline 2
Don't wanna beat a dead horse.........BUT......... 3 hr WickedWitchAMERICA 29
News Teachers' union overwhelmingly votes to authori... 3 hr former democrat 1
What fell out of Hillary's pant leg. Something ... 3 hr LoadedColostomyBAG 13
Clinton foundation scam, gave 5.7%. That's horr... 3 hr ClintonsStoleDaLoot 14
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr honeymylove 1,701
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr CrunchyBacon 103,629

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages