Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1536395 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197649 Sep 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.
After all, Jeff Skilling is out, right? Along with Fastow too while Ken Lay gets a 'walk'.
And those crimes were far more heinous....
Skilling is still in prison....

Fastow was released after serving his full sentence.....

Ken Lay died and his conviction was vacated....

did you have a point???...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1197650 Sep 5, 2014
TSM wrote:
President Bush got it Right back in 2007, when he Predicted the Danger/Outcome of withdrawing from Iraq to Soon!!
PRESIDENT BUSH’S 2007 STATEMENT:“I know some in Washington would like us to start leaving Iraq now. To begin withdrawing before our commanders tell us we're ready would be dangerous for Iraq, for the region and for the United States. It would mean surrendering the future of Iraq to Al Qaida … It'd mean that we'd be risking mass killings on a horrific scale. It'd mean we'd allow the terrorists to establish a safe haven in Iraq to replace the one they lost in Afghanistan. It'd mean we'd be increasing the probability that American troops would have to return at some later date to confront an enemy that is even more dangerous!!”
Too bad president Dumbya did listen to President George H.W. Bush who said that if we took out Saddam, Iraq would turn into another Vietnam and we could be there 10 years, the outcome would still be the same, a no win civil war between Iraqi Sunni, shia and Kurds. Removing saddam would destabilize the Middle East, no matter how long we stayed. Its an unwinnable situation.

If President Dumbo was so right in 2007, why did he sign the SOF agreement in 2008 that had all U.S. combat troops out by 2011??

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1197651 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing, isn't it? The government is controlled by a Democrat in the Executive Branch and Democrats in the Senate - 2/3 of the power.
But when polls show disapproval with Congress - liberals automatically assume it's because Republicans control the House and 1/3 of the power.
The blame game is starting to get old.
FILIBUSTER

Look it up, then look up how many times its been used since President Obama took office. While you're at it, compare that total to the total number of times its been used prior to President Obama and tell me which number is greater

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1197652 Sep 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Thank you for your slanderous opinions son.
For the side who claims to be 'good', you seem to have a lot of problems with the execution!
Slanderous opinion? A respected liberal professor and constitutional attorney, Jonathan Turley, of George Washington University Law School has stated publicly and on numerous occasions that Obama has far outdone Nixon in overstepping his Constitutional boundaries as president.

His words: "The Framers would be horrified at Obama’s abuse of power."

Slanderous? Or just another fact you don't want to hear?
baloney identifier man

Springfield, MA

#1197653 Sep 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Thank you for your slanderous opinions son.
For the side who claims to be 'good', you seem to have a lot of problems with the execution!
Obama is a dictator who thinks that the Constitution gives him the power to write & enforce his own laws in the event that Congress doesn't just roll over and play dead. That you don't want to admit this truth is understandable, as you are a True Believer with no brain of your own. But it's also totally irrelevant.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1197654 Sep 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>You are way to psycho to even talk to..Show me one veteran that says the DD-214 is his discharge papers...One just one Maggot. It's not a 214 it's a DD-214 Damn man no one is that stupid.
I am right, thank you Karma a proud Veteran, vets do refer to their "DD Form 214," DD-214 as a 214....

Veterans call their Certificate a 214 at the Veteran clubs and many other places, short for "DD Form 214" or DD-214 you idiot...

Ghost not a member of a Veterans club... Not an Officer... ghost not a Veteran...

ghost who googles a DD Form 214 or DD-214, then cuts-n-pastes the specifics after he's told what a 214 was... ghost not a Veteran
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1197655 Sep 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
gee, I knew a couple of mustangers that retired as Lt's and Captains. Thy were pretty good officers at that too.
try googling LDO..........
care to guess what ranks most of the Army's chopper pilots are?
ever hear of a combat commission?
I served with a couple of 40ish infantry company commanders (Captains). Both had several tours in RVN as both NCO's and Commissioned Officers. Some guys like the thrill of the field. I served with a 50ish top sergeant with multiple tours in RVN who had been an officer in the Marine Corps during Korea.

I met a lot of older guys in RVN serving in various noncombat capacities who had re-upped for the travel and the action.

And of course RMK-BRJ was full of retired military guys who were in it for the $$$.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1197656 Sep 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well, it appears that this is one more topic that you're completely clueless about.
Nothing new there eh?
You apparently have a hard time discerning fact from opinion. But don't worry. I'm always here to help. See...what you just responded to was both fact and opinion. My opinion was that Edwards got off easy for much more egregious charges than McDonnell. What I said about Obama was fact backed up by a liberal constitutional law professor.

So which one confused you?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1197657 Sep 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously, you're not a veteran, especially from the Vietnam era.
I can think of plenty of ways to complete 20 years service inthe military and retire at the rank of captian.
Enlisted Combat commission. Even if that commission is rescinded, as many were and you return to enlisted, you retire at your highest rank.
Enlisted Combat Commission to LDO (Limited Duty Officer-in case you didn't know
Warrant officer combat commission. Most helicopter pilots in the Army are Warrant officers, getting a combat commission you probably would retire below at or below the rank of Major.
as for on-line college courses, when I was in the Corps in the late 70's early 90's there were plenty of college courses offered on base after duty hours. The vast majority of CO's encouraged their troops to take those courses and would provide assistance-transportation to other bases, rearrange duty assignments, etc,.
for someone who professes to have served, your knowledge of the military seems somewhat lacking
Everything about old forks is somewhat lacking.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1197658 Sep 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Rivers died during outpatient surgery in a non-hospital clinic.....
which could only respond to her cardiac arrest by calling 9-1-1
Oops my bad, she was undergoing upper gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy, which by the way doesn't require any cutting.

of course a 81 year old is never known to have a heart attack right?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1197659 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing, isn't it? The government is controlled by a Democrat in the Executive Branch and Democrats in the Senate - 2/3 of the power.
But when polls show disapproval with Congress - liberals automatically assume it's because Republicans control the House and 1/3 of the power.
The blame game is starting to get old.
When you have Carol & Flacktard talking the same bullcrap its like exponential dumassidness.

First of all, when talking about Congress, there are two houses. There ain't no "thirds" involved. Republicans control the House. They can pass anything they want with a simple majority.

In the Senate, a simple majority is not enough when the whiney Republicans filibuster everything so although Democrats hold the majority, they can't pass anything they want. So what power is there?

To say Congress is evenly divided is bullsh*t.

The Republicans can get anything they want passed in at least one part of Congress while Democrats can not.

Looking at polls is like being chased by a bear. To win, you only need to be in front of the others.

Let me know when the pathetic low life POS Republicans get Congress approval to equal that of Obama.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1197660 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Slanderous opinion? A respected liberal professor and constitutional attorney, Jonathan Turley, of George Washington University Law School has stated publicly and on numerous occasions that Obama has far outdone Nixon in overstepping his Constitutional boundaries as president.
His words: "The Framers would be horrified at Obama’s abuse of power."
Slanderous? Or just another fact you don't want to hear?
I only saw what you posted, not any quote you're claiming now son.

So technically, that would make you a plagiarizer....

Or a liar...

Or simply trying to confuse reality with your own opinions....

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1197661 Sep 5, 2014
Somebody's goin' to jail....

Emails Reveal Lois Lerner's 'Secret Research Project'

The Internal Revenue Service obtained donor lists from nonprofit political groups for a "secret research project" conducted by the agency's former head, Lois Lerner, and other officials involved in the targeting scandal.

Newly obtained documents also reveal that 75 percent of the groups from which the lists were solicited were conservative, while just 5 percent were liberal. The watchdog group, Judicial Watch, obtained the emails and documents as part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.

"Again, Judicial Watch has uncovered more shocking emails from the IRS, forced out by a lawsuit and a federal court," Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a release. "Now we learn the stunning news that Obama's IRS had a 'secret research program' using illicitly-obtained confidential donor lists of conservative and Tea Party organizations that opposed President Obama's agenda or reelection."

http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/Lois-Lerner-...
Zeituni O Soetoro

New York, NY

#1197662 Sep 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Edwards had been charged with 6 counts of violating campaign finance laws, a result of funneling donors' money into a sloppy effort to maintain and hide his pregnant mistress, Rielle Hunter.
The jury found him guilty of only one charge - "The Bunny Money" charge. The wealthy heiress, Rachel "Bunny" Mellon, had smuggled money in boxes of chocolates to Edwards in 2008 so that he would be able to have all the expensive haircuts he wanted.
Court reporters described the courtroom as a carnival atmosphere in part due to the antics of 4 alternate jurors who arrived each morning in color-coordinated outfits. One appeared to flirt openly with Edwards.
He could have gone to prison for 30 years which, apparently, would have been an extraordinary penalty for violating laws that are variously subverted or ignored.
Guess when a Republican accepts gifts for promoting a health product instead of having a child from an affair and accepting gifts from the mistress, that penalty isn't so extraordinary an those laws aren't so subverted or ignored.
Good thing you're on the corrupt side of the fence so you can defend it until the cows come home. It won't change the double standard or the hypocrisy.
Charlie Rangel should have been put in jail years ago.

Charles Rangel, longtime Democratic Congressman from Harlem, is the poster-child for the way power corrupts. Rangel failed to pay taxes on a Dominican Republic villa for 17 years and, evidence before the U.S. Congressional Ethics Panel indicates, lied in claiming he was unaware of his own tax evasion.

Rangel defrauded taxpayers by misappropriating government property and staff time for the sole purpose of raising money to glorify himself and have a Charles B. Rangel building constructed at a local college. In seeking to raise money for this vanity project, Rangel pushed through Congress a loophole that cost taxpayers hundreds of million of dollars in lost tax revenue and enriched a company he was sucking up to for funds.

Rangel deprived his own low-income constituents of affordable housing by accepting four rent-stabilized apartments for his own use. He failed to fess up too hundreds of thousands of dollars in income he was legally obligated to disclose.

All he got was a slap on the wrist from Congressional colleagues, which seemed tantamount to a free-pass for a breach of public trust, but this of course is the public that again re-elected this crook. Of course he shed a few tears in public too but none of the mopes on Topix cared about Charlie's crime or that he didn't do time. No one had to worry about who combed Charlies hair in prison.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197663 Sep 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Look old obsessed one, I couldn't care less about proving anything to an idiot like you. The vast majority of 20 year veterans retire as either a First Sergeant or Master Sergeant. You are as dumb as Surprize when it comes to the military. Now get back to your other obsession and that is posting stupid.
you are now saying you retired as enlisted?

you don't even know the difference between a commissioned officer and a Non-Commissioned officer....
Zeituni O Soetoro

New York, NY

#1197664 Sep 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I only saw what you posted, not any quote you're claiming now son.
Or a liar...
a plagiarizer....Joe Biden

Or a liar...Barry Soetoro Barack Hussein Obama. Period.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197665 Sep 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I only saw what you posted, not any quote you're claiming now son.
Or a liar...
Dan Rather
Jake McGillicuddy

East Hartford, CT

#1197666 Sep 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I served with a couple of 40ish infantry company commanders (Captains). Both had several tours in RVN as both NCO's and Commissioned Officers. Some guys like the thrill of the field. I served with a 50ish top sergeant with multiple tours in RVN who had been an officer in the Marine Corps during Korea.
I met a lot of older guys in RVN serving in various noncombat capacities who had re-upped for the travel and the action.
And of course RMK-BRJ was full of retired military guys who were in it for the $$$.
Google - Be all that you can be.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197667 Sep 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
reall I didn't realize a media conviction meant imprisonment. what facilities do they use for carrying out the sentence?
its called mob justice doophus....like the folks who looted all the stores in Missouri....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197668 Sep 5, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Everything about old forks is somewhat lacking.
get back to the "i had an abortion and had the fetus placed in a jar' forum...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Justice Dale 240,948
News Dumbing down high school 1 hr tester 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,528
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3,167
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr nielsb42 63,620
News For decades, pan pizza has defined Chicago. Now... (Dec '07) 2 hr Dcasey 76
A Little Ditty 6 hr Ronny 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages