Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1658592 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1197070 Sep 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So it wasn't important that we get the real perpetrators of 911, it was far better to sacrifice hundreds of thousands in a country that had absolutely nothing to do with 911? Right idiot.Bush - Cheney and their band of chickenhawks are the absolute worst thing that ever happened to this nation. PERIOD.
It was better to eliminate any potential threat after 9/11 in the Middle East. Didn't you hear Hillary's passionate speech on the Senate floor as to why Saddam had to go? She was one of the other 111 Democrats who stood by Bush to remove him from power.

Your assumed next presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton, voted for the Iraq War.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197071 Sep 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So it wasn't important that we get the real perpetrators of 911, it was far better to sacrifice hundreds of thousands in a country that had absolutely nothing to do with 911? Right idiot.Bush - Cheney and their band of chickenhawks are the absolute worst thing that ever happened to this nation. PERIOD.
How many Vietnamese children did LBJ kill?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1197072 Sep 4, 2014
TITS MAGEE wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH, UM... WHAT DO YOU ADD TO WHAT AGAIN TO GET TO 106%?...
We can use Keynesian math or Creative Math where there no Wrong Answer…Right?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197073 Sep 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Incognito's topic fkface__take your nitpicking to her.
Realslime is both ignorant and profane.....

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

UK

#1197074 Sep 4, 2014
Others have a worm. Some have a prawn.
Ever heard of the joke about ordering salmon for dinner and being served a prawn salad.
Well being dumped on with something unordered in life can lead to suffering by all parties involved.
One argument to this is that brain evolution had stopped. And people were waking up brain-dead.
And (that this is no conspiracy at all) that in want to a given answer animals moved into to the equation with a plausible answer.
That the animals are not the parasite but a temporary slave. Until the world figures out how to keep people both sane and alive.
Nostradamus would have us believe on the other hand that "behold a wicked coming" of our brains being taken (not eaten by the parasite) for "talking heads".
I am afraid to announce that talking heads amongst the cryogenic community is true.
Nostradamus was and still is in my estimation a genius.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1197075 Sep 4, 2014
Jackie Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost is a closeted Jewish homosexual.
Jews don't have dics stupid haven't you ever talked to any of their wives???/ But I'm sure you being a Jew licker are aware of that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197076 Sep 4, 2014
Non_descript_citizen wrote:
I am a white male who voted for Obama. Not because I am a democrat. I am an independent.
I just thought he was the best candidate. He seemed much more deliberate than his predecessor, which I believe was sorely needed after the Iraq war mistake. And a few other issues too.
And I also hoped that by electing a black man to the office of the President, it would serve as hope and inspiration to all those young black people who may feel their opportunities are limited.
and how did all that work out.....

race relations in the crapper, the world on fire, and the economy sucks....

Location hidden

#1197077 Sep 4, 2014
scirocco wrote:
GALLUP: OBAMA 38% APPROVAL; LOWEST OF PRESIDENCY
NBC/WSJ poll last month: 71% say we're going in the wrong direction, only 21% right direction.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1197078 Sep 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
how many prisoners should the civilized world allow ISIS to murder???...
How many prisoners should the civilized world allow the Somali pirates to murder?
One kills for money the other for religion. I'm surprised you're letting yourself be dragged into a religious war.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1197080 Sep 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
On Tuesday, LA Weekly reported that several upscale restaurants in the City of Angels will be adding a 3 percent surcharge to cover their employees' healthcare costs, a trend that has been gaining steam since Obamacare launched nearly one year ago.
Beginning on September 1, restaurants Lucques, Tavern, A.O.C, and a few offshoots all added a 3 percent Obamacare surcharge to customers' checks, explicitly stating in a press release their decisions hinged on covering employee healthcare costs.
Lucques Group, Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne, owners of the restaurants, also named several other restaurant groups that will be duplicating their efforts; Restaurants Rustic Canyon, The Hungry Cat and Melisse were among those mentioned.
All republican owned. Who would have guessed.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1197081 Sep 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are one stupid person, you actually think that a person that served in the military 37 years ago that they have a responsibility to be civil when they are playing with pigs like you??? Get real pusseee. The army makes men not cry babies like you, I would have had you crying like a girl you wimp. My men loved me and I loved them, I never asked them to do anything that I wouldn't do.. You are a typical traitor you use your twisted and warped views like the Duck Dynasty idiot. So quit crying on my shoulder, be a man for once in your life... Soo you think you are a good spokesperson for your alleged 21 years in the USAF...A stone hypocrite you are. Now from me to you GFY.
By law you can be recalled to active duty and be charged for conduct unbecoming...(this is rare)
I know...I witnessed a NCO who was retired for several years recalled back to active duty and tried, and convicted.....he was reduced in pay to E1....and served time...

my warning to you is stop shooting off your mouth...

Commissioned officers (former or present) do not call people 'baggers' or 'pusseee' and they don't tell anyone to GFY....

phoney....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1197082 Sep 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt had a point. The photo of Brown with headphones does not portray Brown as we have come to know him. I'm not condemning the use of the photo of Brown with headphones. Just acknowledging that it isn't fooling anyone. The truth is the truth and people on both sides need to accept it.
Fact is, the media isn't printing the pictures of Brown brandishing gang signs for a reason. Same as they are not printing pictures of Wilson showing him to be the "tall, study" man we have come to know him to be. Hardly a slouch. IMO, they are walking a tight rope. Trying not to prejudice a jury pool.
Sadly, as I have mentioned before, police do "profile" black youth but, as we all know, that is because they are the ones committing most of the crimes. As frustrating, degrading and embarassing to the black community as this may be, sweeping the truth under the rug serves an injustice. We must all come up with answers to give these kids hope in their future. Making excuses helps no one.
That said, I'm not convinced that ordinances are passed to target black youth. They are not the only ones wearing baggy pants showing off their underwear. The seaside town of Wildwood, NJ has banned saggy pants on its boardwalk.
I did look at the Ocala Ordinance and it was proposed by a black councilwoman and pertains only to city owned property.
"Ocala city attorney Patrick Gilligan said authorities weren't necessarily looking to lock up every sagger on the street.
"We are not looking to charge people," Gilligan told the local Star Banner newspaper.
"If they don't comply, I think the chief will tell police officers to take your phone out and take a picture."
Seems ridiculous to believe anyone would be arrested and jailed for wearing saggy pants.
http://www.westernjournalism.com/breaking-mic...
Ahem__western journalism is Joseph Farah and therefore right wing lies and nonsense no different than WND. Screw that craziness.

Correct that Ocala is not looking to charge people__they are however looking to approach and talk to young black males for no particular reason beyond a form of attire that while ridiculous is legal.

As a result many of those young black males with be taken into custody and charged with something.

Did Darren Wilson know Michael Brown?

Did Darren Wilson know that Michael Brown had ripped off a convenience store and pushed around an owner/employee.

That's all that matters.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1197083 Sep 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Incognito's topic fkface__take your nitpicking to her.
Ol' bareback Realtime retaliating with his school yard insults...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1197084 Sep 4, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
US Army officers present or former, DO not call people names...
You are the biggest hypocrite on here.. If you really served you would know that they call you names even when you are in the service...PUSSEECCEE.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1197085 Sep 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text> I know you idiots on the right are still trying to figure how sex and women work.
Grey what does these guys have in common…Ted Kennedy, Weiner, John Edwards?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1197086 Sep 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Dante has been hired as a "National Security fellow", not a "journalist". According to Huffington Post jobs website, "Fellowships usually lasts six months, giving our Fellows the opportunity to discover whether HuffPost is the right place to launch their career."
Now, on Donte's conviciton, Huffington Post Washington bureau chief Ryan Grim had this to say “We obviously believe in redemption and second chances."
We wouldn't expect a conservative to understand that concept.
As far as his truther comments, Stallworth has responded, "I no longer feel the way I did in that tweet 5 years ago.... After a lot of reading and researching on it, my views changed... and that's ok.... Credit goes to James Bamford, whose great book disabused me of that stuff and showed what a disastrous intelligence failure 9/11 was."
Stallworth was convicted of DUI manslaughter, not because of his "feelings".....

Location hidden

#1197087 Sep 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Realslime is both ignorant and profane.....
Hell hath no fury like a liberal - and Realtime - scorned.
TITS MAGEE

Lombard, IL

#1197088 Sep 4, 2014
the dark lord wrote:
Others have a worm. Some have a prawn.
Ever heard of the joke about ordering salmon for dinner and being served a prawn salad.
Well being dumped on with something unordered in life can lead to suffering by all parties involved.
One argument to this is that brain evolution had stopped. And people were waking up brain-dead.
And (that this is no conspiracy at all) that in want to a given answer animals moved into to the equation with a plausible answer.
That the animals are not the parasite but a temporary slave. Until the world figures out how to keep people both sane and alive.
Nostradamus would have us believe on the other hand that "behold a wicked coming" of our brains being taken (not eaten by the parasite) for "talking heads".
I am afraid to announce that talking heads amongst the cryogenic community is true.
Nostradamus was and still is in my estimation a genius.
WELL THEN YOU'RE GONNA "LOVE" DB AND CAROL... YOUR ENGLISH SEEMS A BIT LESS STILTED THIS TIME? WHAT, IT'S ABOUT... 9 PM YOUR TIME? YOU SEEM TO MAKE MORE SENSE WHEN YOUR SOAPS ARE ON...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1197089 Sep 4, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like the jokes on you...
Real Liberal women are in love with their vaginas
An idiot like you wouldn't know a vagina if it was sitting on your face. Other than perhaps compare hers and yours.
Jackie Lynch

East Hartford, CT

#1197090 Sep 4, 2014
Why Does The Left Support Obesity-Causing, Artery-Clogging Fast Food?

Left wingers are willing to sacrifice the actual interests [and health] of the poor in service to their aspirations of political power.

A perennial dream of the American progressives is to organize fast food workers into a union, a move that would be an absolute disaster for the intended beneficiaries. Today, a purported 150 cities will see fast food strikes, as MSNBC approvingly reports:

Thousands of fast food workers across the United States were walking off the job Thursday morning, affecting restaurants in about 150 cities nationwide.

It was just the latest in a series of coordinated strikes that have taken place since November 2012...

Thuggery is not being ruled out, of course:

Organizers would not confirm on the record whether civil disobedience and arrests would take place in any of the cities affected by the strikes, but fast food workers have repeatedly vowed to take whatever measures are necessary in order to win a $15 hourly wage and union rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is A 29 min builder-greatguy 185
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min Freddie 11,589
Steal from Poor to pay the Rich 35 min Da Rich Must Rule 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min doG mnaDed lyHo i... 64,310
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 45 min Sublime1 105,377
News Rauner courts black votes with $1M investment (Oct '14) 2 hr T-BOS 9
Did this work or not 5 hr Earl 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages