Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233516 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1195367 Sep 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
jack shit is the way Obama plays golf.....
Obama is the "D" player in any foursome....
Galt is much better.....
LOL! You haven't left your room in 6 1/2 years; who do you think you're kidding?
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1195368 Sep 1, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Which is why unlike Carter and Clinton, he just does his own thing....
... just like the bushies!!!
Obama doesn't care about the law,The Constitution,Congress,the best interest of our country or the will of the people. Obama illegally forced ObamaKare on us even though eighty two percent of the population were against it and for several weeks now he has been saying that he is going to force amnesty on us even though most citizens are against it,and even though he knows that he can't get enough support from Congress to push it through.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1195369 Sep 1, 2014
TSM wrote:
Secretary of State John Kerry goes kiteboarding spent Labor Day enjoying himself while the Obama administration still admittedly has no strategy for dealing with the threat of ISIS in Iraq!!
This is what you do…When you’re Inept, Ineffective Obama during crisis either is Fundraising or Golfing, Kerry Kiteboarding, America we’re probably Safer with them out of Washington!!
And you spent the entire long weekend whining on here; loser
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1195370 Sep 1, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a terrible thing to say, but it figures, coming from a racist hater like you, Frank.
You've been consistent over the years. Consistently ugly and hateful.
But then, you've attacked decorated war heroes.
You're lower than whaleshit, and you know where that is.
It is extremely terrible that the occupant of The White House hates our country and wants to destroy The Constitution,our way of life and the dreams of our founders. It is also terrible that the occupant of the White House has so much disregard and disrespect or the citizens of our country that he would force his left wing policies and far left agenda on us. The House of Representatives represents all of us,it is ashamed that Obama treats them so poorly.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1195371 Sep 1, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You haven't left your room in 6 1/2 years; who do you think you're kidding?
LOL! lily hasn't left your Topix in 6 1/2 years; who do you think you're kidding dumbass?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1195372 Sep 1, 2014
<quoted text>
And you spent the entire long weekend whining on here; loser
How long will you sheep follow the blind Shepherd obama you dumbass??
We don't have a strategy

The Blind Lead!!
It's the culture...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1195373 Sep 1, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>If I practiced all the time I could make 90% to 95%,that would be 9 out of ten or 19 out of twenty,not too much to expect. I used to play basketball every day,many days for several hours a day.
Finish the sentence Frank; "I used to play basketball every day, many days for several hours a day ; in prison"
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1195374 Sep 1, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>It is extremely terrible that the occupant of The White House hates our country and wants to destroy The Constitution,our way of life and the dreams of our founders. It is also terrible that the occupant of the White House has so much disregard and disrespect or the citizens of our country that he would force his left wing policies and far left agenda on us. The House of Representatives represents all of us,it is ashamed that Obama treats them so poorly.
You're a moran and a liar

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1195375 Sep 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>stillcant show one post of me doing that, though...
why is that again?
"woodendick000"
You are a phoney. The post of yours I answered was one where you lauded the boy president, nobama and smeared a conservative.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1195376 Sep 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This a ranking of their skills & passion for the game, not how often they play.
The only reason Obama's name is on that list is that he has played over a hundred rounds since he has been occupying The White House. How many rounds of golf did Obama play before he was elected to the Senate?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1195377 Sep 1, 2014
<quoted text>
You're a moran and a liar
Common sense isn't a flower that grows in lily's garden you retard..
Yet.. Hope and Change were the easiest lie to sell the Hopeless idiot...

Just say "No Clintons" in the White House...

It's the culture...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1195378 Sep 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Finish the sentence Frank; "I used to play basketball every day, many days for several hours a day ; in prison"
I never visited you while you were in prison.
THE DEVIL

Crownsville, MD

#1195379 Sep 1, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
When two-star Major General Harold Greene, the highest-ranking officer killed in combat since Vietnam, was laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery on Thursday, neither the President nor the Vice President were present.The nominal Commander-in-Chief Barack Obama was playing a round at the Vineyard Golf Club with Valerie Jarrett’s cousin, Cyrus Walker, the World Bank president and former President of Dartmouth College Jim Kim, and former lobbyist and ambassador Ron Kirk.The clownish Joe Biden was in the middle of the third day of a week long vacation in the Hamptons, which followed a week in Wyoming, which was preceded by a week at Rehoboth Beach in Delaware.Was this noticed? Yes, it was:Colonel Morris Davis was the chief prosecutor at Guantanamo under George Bush, a 25-year Air Force veteran, and an Assistant Professor at Harvard. His tweet referenced the two most recent high-ranking military deaths, that of Major General John Dillard, Jr. who was shot down and killed in 1970 in Vietnam, and Lieutenant General Timothy Maude, who was killed in the Pentagon on September 11, 2001.While America has lost a two-star General who has served in a war the president has waged questionably, the Commander-in-Chief could not show the common decency to honor him with his presence. Instead, President Obama showed it was more important to play yet another round with well-connected elites, as the nation grieves and families suffer. The disconnect could not be more profound.
UM... ABOUT 30 "HEROES" ARE BURIED AT ARLINGTON EVERY DAY... THAT'S A LOT OF FUNERALS... ARE YOU SUGGESTING THE PRESIDENT ATTEND ALL OF THEM, AS A MATTER OF "COMMON DECENCY?" OR... ARE YOU SUGGESTING GENERAL HOWARD IS SOMEHOW MORE IMPORTANT THAN PRIVATE JOAN? IF I NAMED MY KID "HAROLD" I'D JUST ASSUME NOBODY WOULD COME TO THE SERVICE WHEN HE WAS SHOT BY ONE OF HIS OWN MEN... NAH.. YOU'RE NOT SUGGESTING EITHER ONE, ARE YOU? YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO STIR UP SOME SHIT LIKE THE OTHER PENTECOSTAL CLOWNS IN HERE... I'M TELLIN' YOU FLAT OUT... IT'S A BAD IDEA....
THE DEVIL

Crownsville, MD

#1195380 Sep 1, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>It is extremely terrible that the occupant of The White House hates our country and wants to destroy The Constitution,our way of life and the dreams of our founders. It is also terrible that the occupant of the White House has so much disregard and disrespect or the citizens of our country that he would force his left wing policies and far left agenda on us. The House of Representatives represents all of us,it is ashamed that Obama treats them so poorly.
AH, SHUT UP, JUMBO... NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK... I WOULDA ROLLED A GRENADE INTO YOUR TENT IF I HAD TO TAKE ORDERS FROM SOME "REAL AMERICAN" SCUM LIKE YOU... I SUGGEST YOU TRY IT NOW... YOU SLIMY COWARD...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1195381 Sep 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This a ranking of their skills & passion for the game, not how often they play.
"Bush Sr. was not only a pretty good golfer, he was the fastest presidential golfer ever, maybe the fastest golfer ever. Just what the country needed to encourage faster play." —Sports Illustrated senior writer Gary Van Sickle
Bush Sr
"He's been ubiquitous at the Presidents Cup. Many of the top American pros now feel like they're friends with him." —Golf Magazine senior writer Cameron Morfit
"What he's done to rescue the Hope from oblivion counts for a lot, and the guy was an unapologetic golf nut before, during and after his presidency." —Morfit
Clinton
"Classic vanity handicap, mulligan-taker, do-over guy. Kind of a lovable, lying cheater, which, come to think of it..." —Van Sickle "Probably the sweetest swing out of all the presidents," —Golf.com senior producer Jeff Ritter
Kennedy
"JFK is probably underrated as a golfing president because, at the time, he kept it secret because playing golf wasn't a good look for a Democrat. It reeked too much of exclusive big money, country club Republicans." —Van Sickle
Obama
"100-plus rounds in office and counting." —Ritter Ford "Best athlete to ever sit in the Oval Office." —Ritter
THE DEVIL

Crownsville, MD

#1195382 Sep 1, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>I never visited you while you were in prison.
PROBABLY SHOULD'VE, YOU MIGHT'VE LEARNED TO PLAY BASBALL INSTEAD OF MASTERING MOWING THE LAWN OUTSIDE THE CONDO...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1195383 Sep 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
jack shit is the way Obama plays golf.....
Obama is the "D" player in any foursome....
Galt is much better.....
Galt is much better.....at lying and making a fool of himself dozens of times daily.
THE DEVIL

Crownsville, MD

#1195384 Sep 1, 2014
YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORST THING ABOUT "AMERICANS" IS? ME NEITHER, I CAN'T COUNT THAT LOW.. WE ARE CERTAINLY TRASH ON THE PATH THOUGH, THERE'S NO DOUBT...
THE DEVIL

Crownsville, MD

#1195385 Sep 1, 2014
HERE'S WHAT I WANT YOU TO DO... ALL OF YOU... GO TO ARLINGTON CEMETERY AND DIG UP EVERYBODY THERE.. NOW, SIT THEM ALL DOWN AROUND THE CAMPFIRE AND ASK THEM WHAT WE SHOULD DO ABOUT... STUFF... THEN COME BACK HERE AND TELL ME WHAT THEY HAD TO SAY.... FUCKIN' LOONS...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1195386 Sep 1, 2014
Golfer in Chief wrote:
The “no strategy” comment from Barack Obama has turned into a nightmare from the White House. Unlike the “leading from behind” quip, which was given to Ryan Lizza by an anonymous staffer, this statement came straight from Obama himself. Despite the efforts of Josh Earnest to spin it afterward, the comment has reverberated, in part because it confirms what many people already think of Obama’s handling of foreign policy. It’s a Kinsleyan gaffe, as Aaron Blake writes today at the Washington Post:
As with all gaffes, the worst ones are the ones that confirm people’s pre-existing suspicions or fit into an easy narrative. That’s why “47 percent” stung Mitt Romney so much, and its why “don’t have a strategy” hurts Obama today.
Polls have increasingly shown that Americans view Obama as a weak commander in chief without much direction or heft t0 his foreign policy. The latest is a Pew Research Center survey, released shortly before Obama’s errant statement Thursday, that showed 54 percent of Americans say he’s “not tough enough” when it comes to foreign policy and national security.
Just 36 percent said Obama has shown about the right amount of toughness. Mind you, this is after he launched airstrikes in Iraq.
It was an odd press conference at the very best, but to have a press conference to say we don’t have a strategy was really shocking given the severity of the threat. That’s what’s so concerning to me,” Rogers (R-Mich.) told Wolf Blitzer on CNN.…
Blizter said White House aides have clarified Obama’s remarks to say the president meant a strategy specifically targeting ISIL in Syria, before asking Rogers if he was “happy with that.”
“Well, I’m not OK with it, and it just confirmed what we’ve been talking about really for almost two years: There has been no real strategy,” the congressman said.“I mean this just tells you how far we have to go and I’m just not sure the severity of the problem has really sunk in to the administration just yet. Clearly, that’s what that told me today.”
Rogers said Obama “absolutely” should confer with defense officials about options, but said that should’ve happened earlier.
“We are so far along into this, this is not like this happened last week or a few days ago,” Rogers said.“This is so frustrating that with all of this going on, with certainly all of the intelligence showing us the problems that are there, the president says,‘I want a strategy how to deal with this by the end of the week.’ It just tells you that, apparently, we’re not taking this seriously for some length of time. This should already be done.”
Why is it you asshats think our military can solve every problem??

Why do you want us to pick sides in a Muslim Civil War??

The Muslims must fight it out.

Remember, IS didn't threaten us until we attacked them.

We stick our stupid noses into other people's business too often, look at what happened in the case of Iraq.

Bush's shining new 'democracy' turned out to be a shiite led Gov't allied with Iran, as ruthless as Saddam against enemies, driving the Sunni's into IS arms.

We've done enough damage in Iraq already, invading twice. How'd that work out??

And you're stupid enough to think we should get involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 190,034
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 min Ratloder 70,030
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min litesong 53,463
Dear Abby 5-27-15 58 min PEllen 7
Ask Amy 5-27-15 1 hr PEllen 10
News 56 shot - 12 fatally - over Memorial Day weekend 1 hr reality is a crutch 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr uber alles 99,563
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]