Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1508472 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1195209 Sep 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with the potential of ISIS to attack the U.S.- it has to do with the Judicial Watch lie that ISIS is in Mexico which is a statement without any basis in fact.
the Mexican border would be the easiest way for ISIS-trained terrorists to enter the US....

some of the teenage drug dealers who were welcomed and fed at the border may well be terrorists, just waiting for the signal....

wanna bet your life against it???....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1195210 Sep 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So the racist pig Galt proves once again that his idea of the ultimate insult is to call another a black person. What a lowlife loser.
in the case of Sonic (and Ghost), just a statement of fact about their race.....

if you consider that to be a racist insult, then you are the racist....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1195211 Sep 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda amazing that the Pugs have all of the answers now and were totally blind for eight years.
They have all the answers to everything.

And they also do nothing, preferring others do what they think is right.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1195212 Sep 1, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> BULLSHIT!!!
We asked SI Golf Group staffer to rank the top 10 golfing presidents based on their skill, passion and contribution to the game. Since no one was that familiar with President Taft's short game, we limited the poll to presidents since FDR. Here's our top 10..
1. Dwight D. Eisenhower
2. George H.W. Bush
3. Bill Clinton
4. John F. Kennedy
5. Barack Obama
6. Gerald Ford
7. Franklin D. Roosevelt
8. George W. Bush
9. Richard M. Nixon
10. Ronald Reagan
Guess who this is? Apparently, it's the "look" and the morals behind the man....

"I have to credit him for giving up golf while the war in Middle East was on. He thought it was a bad look for him to be playing golf while our military was overseas." —Van Sickle
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1195213 Sep 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>That would be the Texas idiots version.
Grey the only problems in Texas is ‘Tony Romo!!’ Hey, may I suggest less time Posting more time Reading just a thought!!
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1195214 Sep 1, 2014
ghost and woodtick are tards...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1195215 Sep 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So having moral obligations aren't a part of your religion??? It seems you as usual are the clueless one hillbilly. By the way an idiot like you thinking you are qualified to decide who is smart and who isn't is laughable.
There are endless websites promoting "Deism" across the internet. They all show pictures of famous people they claim were deists, they often present selective quotes trashing Christianity and other "revealed" religions. Most in reality are bitter and angry ex-Christians that want nothing to do with anything even remotely like Christianity.
They still do profess some vague notion of god, but they want something to latch onto to justify their new beliefs, so they hijack Deism. They for the most part reject anything Deism ever stood for: its transcendent God; its mainly Christian based moral values; its prohibitions against evil (and punishment for it); and the general religious tolerance it stood for. While they like to claim the moral high ground set by such famous men as Jefferson, Franklin, and Washington,(who were properly called Unitarians or deistic Christians in Washington's case), they reject wholesale everything they believed. To quote Ben Franklin:
Here is my creed. I believe in One God, the Creator of the Universe. That he governs it by his Providence. That he ought to be worshipped. That the most acceptable Service we can render Him is doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental principles of all sound religion.
The vast majority of these "deists" reject this and make it very clear they want nothing to do with "classical" deism and prefer to invent their own "modern" versions. Trying to get these people to give a usable definition of Deism is nearly impossible. The following are quotes from a "deist" website:
Belief that humans have the individual capability of experiencing God, which is defined as spirituality. These spiritual experiences are multi-faceted and can include awe, epiphany, fellowship and even the transcendental. Essentially, each human is capable of having a profound experience of God and nature.(New Age religion.)
One of the most frequent questions asked of Deists is, without a God that creates absolute moral law, how can man be a moral being? Essentially, Deists answer this in two parts. The first is that humans have the ability to use Reason to develop and create ethical and moral principles. The second is that through the application of Reason, these principles can be used to implement and institute moral behavior. This creates a Utilitarian/Humanist morality...(Humanist Society moral relativism.)
Modern Deism incorporates the latest interpretations found in the areas of physics/quantum physics, biology, evolution, philosophy, theology, psychology, mathematics and many other fields in the arts and sciences. However, the modern Deist movement is a dynamic concept in that it integrates classical and modern viewpoints with the wisdom of the past and the discoveries of the present.(Misuses science as a basis for religion
Where did you dig that piece of garbage from moran! Sounds like somebody got their panties in a wad!! Has to be from some libtard website. You are still a moran!!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1195216 Sep 1, 2014
flack wrote:
We asked SI Golf Group staffer to rank the top 10 golfing presidents based on their skill, passion and contribution to the game. Since no one was that familiar with President Taft's short game, we limited the poll to presidents since FDR. Here's our top 10..
1. Dwight D. Eisenhower
2. George H.W. Bush
3. Bill Clinton
4. John F. Kennedy
5. Barack Obama
6. Gerald Ford
7. Franklin D. Roosevelt
8. George W. Bush
9. Richard M. Nixon
10. Ronald Reagan
Truly enjoyed, Junebug__I overlooked Ford, my bad on that.

Your expert is a bigger loser than you are.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1195217 Sep 1, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Where did you dig that piece of garbage from moran! Sounds like somebody got their panties in a wad!! Has to be from some libtard website. You are still a moran!!!!
So reason and morality has nothing to do with your professed religion??? You are beyond an idiot.You aren't anywhere near smart enough to determine who is smart and who isn't corn ball. You are laughed at by most and I'm sure in your real life things aren't any different. From day one I pegged you and there in lies your distaste as that's what insecure little twerps like you do.You are totally transparent and want so bad to appear relevant while always falling way short. You are a loser and there isn't anything that you can do but whine.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1195218 Sep 1, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Grey the only problems in Texas is ‘Tony Romo!!’ Hey, may I suggest less time Posting more time Reading just a thought!!
figures you think football is more important than your state causing the illegal immigrant problem , your shitty educational and healthcare systems. proof of the degenerate texas mentality...

can we trade your state back to mexico for two tamales and a bean burrito?( i know the burrito might be pushing your worth...not a deal breaker...)
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1195219 Sep 1, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure now pretend that baggers actually think. Too funny.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1195220 Sep 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the Mexican border would be the easiest way for ISIS-trained terrorists to enter the US....
some of the teenage drug dealers who were welcomed and fed at the border may well be terrorists, just waiting for the signal....
wanna bet your life against it???....
yeah, like the mexicans wouldn't be the first to rat them out. that would definitely cut off their gravy train to you idiots who keep this immigration problem alive...

no, dear they will not mix in with the mexicans and cross that way. if anything the massive northern border would be the easiest for them to cross.

then of course, we have these things called boats, now....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1195221 Sep 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
in the case of Sonic (and Ghost), just a statement of fact about their race.....
if you consider that to be a racist insult, then you are the racist....
So when everyone calls you a racist pig that would be a matter of fact...Ok I see.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1195222 Sep 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>figures you think football is more important than your state causing the illegal immigrant problem , your shitty educational and healthcare systems. proof of the degenerate texas mentality...
can we trade your state back to mexico for two tamales and a bean burrito?( i know the burrito might be pushing your worth...not a deal breaker...)
You are Proof Stupid is Forever!! Woodick if I want Crap from you I’ll pick it out of your Ears,
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1195223 Sep 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Sure now pretend that baggers actually think. Too funny.
Grey…I know Reading Hurts!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1195224 Sep 1, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Grey…I know Reading Hurts!!
I'Il bet you do. LMAO
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1195225 Sep 1, 2014
flack wrote:
1. Dwight D. Eisenhower
2. George H.W. Bush
3. Bill Clinton
4. John F. Kennedy
5. Barack Obama
6. Gerald Ford
7. Franklin D. Roosevelt
8. George W. Bush
9. Richard M. Nixon
10. Ronald Reagan
an obviously ridiculous poll, given that FDR was wheelchair-bound....
THE DEVIL

Ashburn, VA

#1195226 Sep 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. The really funny thing about that video is...it was made during the Iraq war. Guess WMD's weren't the only thing he lied about.
Would you go dancin' with me if I flew out there? You'd have to lose the other guy for a few hours.. I'll help... we could head down to la Jolla an' smell stinky seal shit while we tango... naked... K?
THE DEVIL

Ashburn, VA

#1195227 Sep 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
an obviously ridiculous poll, given that FDR was wheelchair-bound....
But, but, but...'ridiculous' is you middle name?... Golf is a stoopid game... I don' care who plays it... baseball or basketball, maybe, is stoopider? Bottom line is, golf is stoopid... don' really matter who plays it... Consider if you will... landscaping 600 acres so some fat wimp can hit a 1 1/2" ball into a 4" hole... meanwhile I be dancin' with his wife.... Duh...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1195228 Sep 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. The really funny thing about that video is...it was made during the Iraq war. Guess WMD's weren't the only thing he lied about.
That was the purpose.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Tuffy 239,376
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 10,496
Obama has LEAK under sink. 6 hr TROY the Plumber 36
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Raymond 63,546
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,066
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr CrunchyBacon 105,055
This doesn't seem fair to me. 12 hr Publishers R Fasc... 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages