Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509132 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1194135 Aug 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>don't forget the little kid that shot himself in the head with an uzi at a rifle range kids day event!
guns will solve all your problems...
what little kid was that, Daff?

“you know i know”

denver

#1194136 Aug 29, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU IS? DON' WAIT ON ME, SWEETIE... YOU DIG IN, HEAR?.... WHAT WAS IT, BURGERS AND BULLETS? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.. ROCK OUT, GIRL...
Devil in the blue gunny sack dress?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1194137 Aug 29, 2014
AUSTIN, Texas (AP)— A federal judge has thrown out new abortion restrictions that would have banned the procedure at most Texas facilities where women can legally end a pregnancy.

U.S. District Judge Lee Yeakel on Friday sided with abortion clinics that challenged one of the most disputed measures of a sweeping anti-abortion bill signed by Republican Texas Gov. Rick Perry in 2013.

The law would have required the clinics to meet hospital-level operating standards by Sept. 1. That would have left seven places for women to get an abortion in Texas, down from the 19 facilities that abortion-rights groups say are currently available.

The lawsuit was the latest challenge to tough new anti-abortion laws sweeping across the U.S.

The state is expected to appeal.

“you know i know”

denver

#1194138 Aug 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you weren't listening when Obama said, ""There is never an excuse for violence against police or for those who would use this tragedy as a cover for vandalism or looting." You are so selective in what you choose to hear.
sure, that's why he sent Holder there to prosecute the cop.

Rush reported today the overfed thug might have been involved in a murder.

Several news agencies are suing for the release of Brown's criminal record, I'll posit right now it's true and I'm never wrong.
Patrick

United States

#1194139 Aug 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! That's because you're being left in the dust son.
So you don't understand what's happening around you!
Not breaking news LOL
-Angela
Patrick

United States

#1194140 Aug 29, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting; helpful, agree
Not breaking news
-Angela

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1194141 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell that to your other liberal pals and Realtime. What people choose to believe takes no skin of yours or anyone else's nose. Unless they believe in beheading you..
Or putting you in a gas chamber and using Zyklon B, like a certain little Catholic boy did to millions

or commit ethnic cleasening and genocide like the orthodox christian Serbs did

or commit genocide of the native American Indians like those good European Christians did

or serve kool aid like Jim Jones

Just about every religion has its fanatics that commit artocities in the name of their god. That's the trouoble when you mix religion, politics and gov't. One can justify just about anything in the name of their god.
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So please stop trying to silence the freedom to express one's religious beliefs..
Pray tell, where do you martyrs come up with this persecution complex. Only a christian can cry oh poor me, I'm being persecuted by the atheists wwhen the population is what 80% Christian and probably less than 5% atheists.

NEWFLASH: NO ONE IS TRYING TO PREVENT YOU FROM PRACTICING YOUR RELIGION, OR FRIGGIN EXPRESSING THOSE BELIEFS.

Just don't do it with gov't money, on gov't land, in gov't institutions, on public lands, in public schools and please

DON'T TRY TO IMPOSE YOUR RELIGIOUS DOGMA ON THE REST OF US.
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Jefferson assumed we'd never become so barbaric as to kill human life out of a selfish convenience. So don't go there. Killing human life was wrong then and still wrong today.
Liberals have just become more tolerant of barbarism and selfishness.
By what logic did you come to the conclusion that we liberals support ISIS and radical Islam.

Try actually listening to what we have to say, rather than what Fox News is selectively editing.

Ask yourself, why would an Atheist who want to keep Christianity out of our gov't support Islam or any other religion for that matter.

Heck its bad enough dealing with the wacko christian evangelical fundalmentalist here in the states, do you really think we would support even loonier tunes

conservative, only capable of binary logic, its the culture

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1194143 Aug 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, Putin backing down from obama would have been a genuflection...
....woulda, coulda, shoulda..... Putin backed Obama clear off the stage a**hole. Every opponent he's encountered cows him down. He's everything an America President was never supposed to be. No wonder you get all goggle-eyed and wet your pants whenever you look at that poster of him above your bed.
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1194144 Aug 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Gentle Giant....
'Breaking: Explosive lawsuit reveals Michael Brown’s juvenile record has charge for Second Degree Murder…'
http://youngcons.com/explosive-new-lawsuit-fi...
On Twitter! You rightwing dolts amuse me!
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1194145 Aug 29, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
....woulda, coulda, shoulda..... Putin backed Obama clear off the stage a**hole. Every opponent he's encountered cows him down. He's everything an America President was never supposed to be. No wonder you get all goggle-eyed and wet your pants whenever you look at that poster of him above your bed.
No, we're just so damn grateful Bush is not our President. Or McLame, or the guy with the magic underpants and swiss bank accounts.
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1194147 Aug 29, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Several news agencies are suing for the release of Brown's criminal record, I'll posit right now it's true and I'm never wrong.
Several news agencies? Yeah, right. Some dude on Twitter is not a news agency.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1194148 Aug 29, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Putin is really beginning to remind me of that 1930's Germany guy for invading another country....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1194150 Aug 29, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear you all get dumber and dumber every day.
How the hell can international law apply with ISIS around ignoring the sovereignty of 2 nations and attempting to genocide multiple religious and ethnic minorities supposedly protected by both national and international law?
And there you have it...sovereignty. "The United States has not been invited into Syria and we have no legal justification for crossing the border." To ignore international law would make us no better than ISIS. The Syrian government has said,“Any strike which is not coordinated with the government will be considered as aggression.” No one is protecting ISIS. You people are always so shortsighted.

http://justsecurity.org/14414/international-l...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1194151 Aug 29, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
he sent Holder there to conduct an investigation as to whether there was any wrongdoing by the cop..

you can't even seem to get the simplest concepts correct. why is that?

St. Croix valley

#1194152 Aug 29, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
so inyour little world, Putin backing down in his own back yard and giving up his last ally outside of a former satellite nation is backing obama off the stage?

its fun to watch you make such an ass of yourself.

found your draft card yet, lying scum?
Patrick

United States

#1194153 Aug 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Putin is really beginning to remind me of that 1930's Germany guy for invading another country....
Syndicated columnist Mark Shields and New York Times columnist David Brooks have written on the subject and feel the US involvement with the UK and others may be financial. Geography favors the Russians and doubt if the GOP wishes to raise taxes for a war.
Republicans talking about shutting down the government help Putin.

St. Croix valley

#1194154 Aug 29, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
what little kid was that, Daff?
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/2739 9337/ns/us_news-life/t/boy-acc identally-kills-self-gun-show/ #.VAEJjGPgX84
Patrick

United States

#1194155 Aug 29, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Or putting you in a gas chamber and using Zyklon B, like a certain little Catholic boy did to millions
or commit ethnic cleasening and genocide like the orthodox christian Serbs did
or com........
"a certain little Catholic boy ..." is inaccurate historically
Peace
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1194157 Aug 29, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Syndicated columnist Mark Shields and New York Times columnist David Brooks have written on the subject and feel the US involvement with the UK and others may be financial. Geography favors the Russians and doubt if the GOP wishes to raise taxes for a war.
Republicans talking about shutting down the government help Putin.
Nearly everything today is related to finances.

That's the new way of 'taking ground' without actually having to invade... since you already own it.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1194158 Aug 29, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text> Or the Mexican and South American guys in 2014 and OHHHHH don't forget the Kenyan guy in Jan. 2009 invading another country .
I have no idea what you're talking about son.

Do you?

Check that... it's rhetorical!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 239,551
Obama has LEAK under sink. 2 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 2 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 3 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 3 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages