Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1508781 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193967 Aug 29, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Think the major story at the moment is the Ukraine and NATO.
Good Morning hope all is well
Patricia is unconcerned about Islamic genocide in Syria.....

if push comes to shove, Obama will abandon NATO.....

the US has no strategy....

jus' wingin' it, bro.....
YYYY GUY

East Hartford, CT

#1193968 Aug 29, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
as for the President's spine, at least he didn't rush into syria and arm ISIS like McCain would have done, or Reagan did with Osama bin Laden when he was in the Muhajjadin
He is doing what he has to after analyizing the situation and asking his military for their best options
Spine? What spine?

Barack "we don't have a strategy (or spine) yet" Obama needs to get his azz off the golf course.

Maybe he hasn't heard that Putin has invaded Finnish air space 3 times in the last 6 days and the UK is raising their terror attack alert to ¨severe.¨

¨We're the ones we've been waiting for¨? LOL - pathetic.
YYYY GUY

East Hartford, CT

#1193969 Aug 29, 2014
Putin = Hitler, Obama = Chamberlain
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1193970 Aug 29, 2014
We have more details about Obama’s Fundraisers than his Strategy to deal with ISIS and our Enemies!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1193971 Aug 29, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord Dumbwaiter ....
Britain raised its terror threat level from substantial to "Severe" Friday, as British Prime Minister David Cameron said the "poisonous Islamist extremist narrative" is a big problem for his country and the globe.
The poisonous, extremist troll narrative on this thread is also rated severe today__very severe.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193972 Aug 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
Thank goodness we have a president now that isn't willing to sacrifice our military men, women and country for personal gain. A president that is cool, calm and calculating, one that measures the pros and cons as opposed to rushing headlong into situations that aren't easy to get out of, or starting a war with another super power that would be devastating to us and Russia. One can only imagine if Bush-Cheney or McCain were in charge for the last few years, without doubt we would be in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, while confronting Russia in the Ukraine. These are troubled times thanks mostly to the recklessness that created the debacle in Iraq by the last administration. Now magically the Republicans would have you believe that they [perish the thought] have all of the answers and solutions,,,TOO FUNNY.
the US has a "President" who is putting the lives of all Americans at risk by refusing to address the cancer of radical Islam, both at home and abroad....

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1193973 Aug 29, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hundreds and hundreds of years.....
Christian Jihad
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
and i wonder if Romney's “National Co-Chairs of Arab Americans for Romney” were all members of the Muslim Brotherhood?
http://www.aaiusa.org/blog/entry/romney-campa...
and how about all those Muslims in Florida who helped Bush win in 2000?
He won more than 70 percent of the Muslim vote, including 46,200 ballots in Florida alone, prompting longtime conservative activist Grover Norquist -- one of the few prominent movement figures to caution against the current wave of mosque demagoguery -- to proclaim in the American Spectator that "Bush was elected President of the United States of America because of the Muslim vote."
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/08...
so tell me...what is it that i'm lying about? it's more than obvious that FOX is doing all the lying. because if they're right.....then i'm going to start judging every christian by looking solely at Scott Roeder. i mean, why act like i can be objective? i'll just step into stupidland and lump all Christians into one group just because a few have gone off the deep end. then at that point you can call me a comrade in arms.....'I just won Hate-Monger of the Year and I'm going to Stupidland!!'
After really studying the books of the Old Testament and after being convinced we have, in fact, been visited by other beings and believe they have been here from the beginning of man's earliest existence, I had to rethink Noah's account in Genesis. He described "beings" who were referred to as giants and "Sons of God" (pleural) marrying "daughters of men" creating giants who became so wicked that God destroyed them in the flood. The "Sons of God" could very well have been other beings not of this world marrying "daughters of men". A clear distinction they were not like other humans. The only "Son of God" (singular) in the New Testament is Jesus who came to earth thousands of years later. For Noah to describe these giant beings as "Sons (pleural) of God" back in Genesis is quite revealing as well as the fact they became very wicked. Doesn't jive.

I could spend an entire day posting the references to the God in the Old Testament not aligning with the God of the New Testament. And the most revealing difference is what your article pointed out - that the God of the Old Testament actually did want his people to kill other people and even "consumed" his own people with fire if they so much as grumbled. God didn't appear to Moses just once in the burning bush that was "not consumed". He was with the Jewish people throughout their entire trek in the desert for 40 years and described as a cloud by day and a fire by night resting over the tabernacle containing the Ark of the Covenant which the Israelites were instructed to build in exact detail. Moses even "talked" to God face-to--face. Jesus tells us in the New Testament that no one has seen God - he is spirit.

I won't even go into Ezekiel's account of the "wheel within a wheel" he encountered in the sky or the well-described creatures that emerged from it or the clouds of light that moved like lightning.

But I've had to do some serious rethinking whether the God of the Old Testament is the God of the New Testament. Jesus came to reteach the old Jewish laws and was not accepted by many Jews.

Considering there is only one God, one Source and one Creator who created all things, it's my belief that the God of the Universe decided the Jews had been misled and, perhaps, deceived, and Jesus was sent to tell us who the One true God really is and to get it right.

But I should probably be talking to an open-minded Christian pastor about this. Not you...no offense.

There's just so many mysteries...and so little time...that we may never know in this lifetime.

Sorry if too longwinded.
YYYY GUY

East Hartford, CT

#1193974 Aug 29, 2014
Aug 29 (Reuters)- President Vladimir Putin said on Friday Russia's armed forces, backed by its nuclear arsenal, were ready to meet any aggression, declaring at a pro-Kremlin youth camp that foreign states should understand: "It's best not to mess with us."

Don't worry, Vlad. Our fearless leader doesn't have a strategy OR a spine.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193975 Aug 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you would be better served explaining what part you disagree with as opposed to whining?
if today was 1941 and Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, Obama would send Kerry to Tokyo to negotiate a truce.....

the fool is a gutless blob of dogshit.......

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1193976 Aug 29, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Spine? What spine?
Barack "we don't have a strategy (or spine) yet" Obama needs to get his azz off the golf course.
Maybe he hasn't heard that Putin has invaded Finnish air space 3 times in the last 6 days and the UK is raising their terror attack alert to ¨severe.¨
¨We're the ones we've been waiting for¨? LOL - pathetic.
what do those incidents have to do with each other?

do you think Russia is going to invade Finland?
YYYY GUY

East Hartford, CT

#1193977 Aug 29, 2014
Hey...at least Barack Hopeandchange has a ¨perfectly creased pant.¨

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1193978 Aug 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
An Analist would be a dumb ass like you Fake christian.
analist
A person who is so focused with rules, and the way things "should be", that they show no common sense, and becomes an annoyance to all.
"poop"
Googled "ANALIST" and guess what, the definition fits you perfectly, one who is into anal eroticism. The definition you gave fits the word "ANALYSIS" fits the definition that you offered,
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1193979 Aug 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
After really studying the books of the Old Testament and after being convinced we have, in fact, been visited by other beings and believe they have been here from the beginning of man's earliest existence, I had to rethink Noah's account in Genesis. He described "beings" who were referred to as giants and "Sons of God" (pleural) marrying "daughters of men" creating giants who became so wicked that God destroyed them in the flood. The "Sons of God" could very well have been other beings not of this world marrying "daughters of men". A clear distinction they were not like other humans. The only "Son of God" (singular) in the New Testament is Jesus who came to earth thousands of years later. For Noah to describe these giant beings as "Sons (pleural) of God" back in Genesis is quite revealing as well as the fact they became very wicked. Doesn't jive.
I could spend an entire day posting the references to the God in the Old Testament not aligning with the God of the New Testament. And the most revealing difference is what your article pointed out - that the God of the Old Testament actually did want his people to kill other people and even "consumed" his own people with fire if they so much as grumbled. God didn't appear to Moses just once in the burning bush that was "not consumed". He was with the Jewish people throughout their entire trek in the desert for 40 years and described as a cloud by day and a fire by night resting over the tabernacle containing the Ark of the Covenant which the Israelites were instructed to build in exact detail. Moses even "talked" to God face-to--face. Jesus tells us in the New Testament that no one has seen God - he is spirit.
I won't even go into Ezekiel's account of the "wheel within a wheel" he encountered in the sky or the well-described creatures that emerged from it or the clouds of light that moved like lightning.
But I've had to do some serious rethinking whether the God of the Old Testament is the God of the New Testament. Jesus came to reteach the old Jewish laws and was not accepted by many Jews.
Considering there is only one God, one Source and one Creator who created all things, it's my belief that the God of the Universe decided the Jews had been misled and, perhaps, deceived, and Jesus was sent to tell us who the One true God really is and to get it right.
But I should probably be talking to an open-minded Christian pastor about this. Not you...no offense.
There's just so many mysteries...and so little time...that we may never know in this lifetime.
Sorry if too longwinded.
so these aliens that had interstellar travel couldn't get off a flooded planet?

you keep forgetting that all these stories have been proven false. there was no Noachian flood. never happened. proven fact,.

your cult lied to you...again.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1193981 Aug 29, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Gore is a straw man set up by the Koch brothers and their wealthy oil business partners to deflect attention from the facts pointing to climate change. It is a fact that they would lose billions if carbon emissions are more closely regulated, that's what motivates their war on science.
What Al Gore says about climate change and what money Al Gore may make off his position has absolutely zero influence on climate science, that's a fact.
since Bill Gates has more money than the Koch Brothers are they more or less evil?

How bout Obama's 'butty' Warren B?????
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193982 Aug 29, 2014
Hey Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>“They’ve been doing this for hundreds and hundreds of years if you study the history of Islam,” she said. "This isn't a surprise. You can’t solve it with a dialogue. You can’t solve it with a summit. You solve it with a bullet to the head. " The quote from your propaganda article".
The reason ISIS and every other yo ho muslims has joined up for jihad is because of Islam. Yesterday one of your liberal democrats was driving around Chicago with an Islamic State Flag-shouldn't he be in Gitmo-after all...he paid for the flag and the money went to sponsor terrorism.
Americans like you are so ignorant-why is that you want to lie about Islam?
ISIS will continue to gain strength because the people have a simple choice......

join ISIS or be slaughtered.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1193983 Aug 29, 2014
TSM wrote:
We have more details about Obama’s Fundraisers than his Strategy to deal with ISIS and our Enemies!!
Well gee son. ISIS is the reich wingers friend!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1193984 Aug 29, 2014
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
Yep!

This clown Obama is in way over his head.

The UK raised the terror threat level to 'severe', Democrats here used to laugh at the fact we even had such a rating structure.
YYYY GUY

East Hartford, CT

#1193985 Aug 29, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The poisonous, extremist troll narrative on this thread is also rated severe today__very severe.
Mindless gibberish -- you must get that from your mind, er, spineless president.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1193986 Aug 29, 2014
Those wacky Christians....

'Fort Hood shooter says he wants to become 'citizen' of Islamic State caliphate'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/29/fo...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1193987 Aug 29, 2014
Obama and the new press secretary are getting hammered right now - it's on TV li.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min tuffy 239,404
News Ex-Ukrainian finance minister, originally from ... 1 hr Trump is the man 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Agents of Corruption 63,550
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 hr Cute 71,272
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 hr SweLL GirL 10,497
Obama has LEAK under sink. 23 hr TROY the Plumber 36
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Fri Patriot AKA Bozo 8,066

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages