Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1402935 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1193061 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't cite the white on white murder rate when the black ratio is just as alarming. Those who live in glass houses..........
so you don't want to hear about white on white crime?

tuff shyte. i haven't even started yet. the most alarming stats......white folks are a bunch of women killing drunks.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1193062 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the same thieving that Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, John Edwards, John Kerry, and Sick Durbin engage in with their offshore investments and sheltering? Please enlighten me on what's wrong with preserving as much money as they can since it's legal and theirs most importantly? If you don't like, blame our legislatures who make our laws.
Secondly, you are dumber than rocks if you believe Mitt Romney pays absolutely no taxes. You do realize that the bulk of his money comes from capital gains right, which is taxed not once, but twice at an alarming rate. He pays more money in taxes than most make in a three lifetimes. He also donates as well, but yet you still want to demonize him. Furthermore, you do realize that the top 1% generate around 40% of the total tax revenue, right? That said, you think a guy of Mitt Romney's wealth would be able to evade taxes is disturbing borderline laughable.
He'd be in jail right now if your claims were true.
That said, most of you liberals need to get over this class warfare crap and demonize those who are successful. Your covetousness is sickening and divisive. You guys need to educate yourselves, come up with a new line, and stop castigating success. Stop listening to the media and think for yourself sometime.
lol! Aren't you the idiot who claimed most liberals don't pay taxes son?

So far, the rock IS smarter than you!!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1193063 Aug 27, 2014
CUT TO THE CHEESE wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY'VE ALL BEEN DOING IT TONIGHT... IT'S A LITTLE SCARY...
He must be on drugs.....

.... or he must have skipped a dose or two!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1193064 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of bipartisan support don't you understand? Apparently Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, and Pelosi thought WMD's existed to sign off on the word. However, that doesn't fit your blinkered narrative now does it?
lol! That's what bushie boy told them son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1193065 Aug 27, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
sure dummy, how many people patted yur tummy and said "how's the fetus doing"?
is that what they do to you ham bone?

must give you the warm fuzzies all over, eh?
CUT TO THE CHEESE

Providence, UT

#1193066 Aug 27, 2014
NOW, LET'S TAKE A BRIEF LOOK AT TAX LAW... IF MITT ROMNEY'S MONEY WHICH WE AGREE IS PRIMARILY... WELL, EXCLUSIVELY THE PRODUCT OF DIVIDENDS FROM FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS, IF THAT MONEY NEVER SEES THE LIGHT OF DAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND ONLY RESIDES IN UNREGULATED SHAM BANKS MANY OF WHICH ARE NO MORE THAN A POST OFFICE BOX, THAT IT WILL NEVER BE SUBJECT TO TAXATION SINCE IT DOESN'T TECHNICALLY EXIST AT ALL? YOU DO GET THAT, MUGGLES, DEAR?... THAT'S CALLED TAX EVASION, HONEY, AND IT'S VERY MUCH A FEDERAL CRIME... I DON'T REALLY NEED TO TAKE THE MATTER UP WITH ANY LEGISLATURES, IT WAS RESOLVED A LONG TIME AGO.... ALL I NEED TO DO IS TO SEE THAT THE LAW IS ENFORCED, WHICH WILL BE MY PLEASURE...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1193068 Aug 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"What difference does it make?".....
Hey! The claim was he never needed help of had his loan sold.

That IS the point.....
Mugsy

United States

#1193069 Aug 27, 2014
CUT TO THE CHEESE wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR TEDIOUSLY FORMULAIC RESPONSES NOTWITHSTANDING... THANK YOU, I'LL CERTAINLY TAKE THE MATTER OF MR. ROMNEY'S TAXES UP WITH THE VARIOUS STATE LEGISLATURES IN FULL KNOWLEDGE THAT WHEN HE IS ULTIMATELY, FINALLY HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS FRAUD AND THIEVERY HE CAN JUST MOVE TO CANADA AND ALL WILL BE RIGHT WITHE WORLD. THE MAN IS A THIEF, PLAIN AND SIMPLE... AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE TOO... I DO ADMIRE THE IRONY, HOWEVER OF A MAN DECRYING THE UTTER USELESSNESS TO THE COUNTRY OF THE 47% PERCENT OF (US?) WHO PAY NO TAXES AND HE'S FOREMOST AMONG THEM.... THAT PART IS ACTUALLY SORT OF AMUSING IN A SICK SORT OF WAY...
THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON TO SHELTER MONEY IN AN OFF SHORE ACCOUNT, DEAR... CORRECTION, DOZENS OF OFF SHORE ACCOUNTS... CAN YOU GUESS WHAT IT MIGHT BE?... G'HEAD GUESS... C'MON, GIVE IT THE OLD COLLEGE TRY...
Please enlighten me on the thievery and fraud Romney has committed otherwise you're just another typical liberal casting aspersions because your covetous? Common sense would tell you he'd be in jail for committing the aforementioned, right? As reiterated before, Romney pays more taxes than you could ever make in thirty lifetimes. However, don't let the facts get in the way of your sheer ignorance.

As for the rest of your class warfare, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why his money is invested elsewhere just like your elitist liberal idols. It's called preserving your assets from an intrusive government that is money hungry with inordinate tax rates. Of course, you don't care because it's not yours and you love telling others how to spend their money. The irony is you'd do the same thing in that position. The only difference is I wouldn't begrudge you for doing something LAWFUL.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193070 Aug 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that it is my place to question a site like "Licensed to Lie", I would rather someone provide a copy of the court document from a reliable source...like the District Court! Don't you find it odd that that case number isn't available through the court?
The document shown on your site is incomplete. There are no printed dates on the document. Only the signature date of an "authorizing officer" acknowledging that the Blackberry (which is cataloged with other obsolete equipment) was removed as scrap because "the value of the property is so little and the cost and handling so great that retention for advertising for sale is clearly not economical." Strange comment given the that the document lists the value of the items as "$502,587.65". IF, and that is a big IF, the document is legitimate the obsolete Blackberry could have sat in storage for a year or more before being scraped. That's how things work in government. The story is only news if we are provided with procurement information that shows the date Lerner was issued a new Blackberry. The truth is in the details and certinly not on a site that has "lie" in it's name.
whatever....

Lois Lerner will eventually learn that orange is the new black.....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1193071 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the thing though. Obama's theme since his inception back in 2008 has been to blame, lie, obfuscate, and cast aspersions against the opposition whenever something doesn't go his way. In fact, I've never seen him take responsibility for any of his foibles or failed policies. If you're against him, then you're a racist, obstructionist, homophobe, and unpatriotic. If you don't like Obamacare, then you must want people to die. In other words, he can't defend his positions, thus he'll lie or demonize anyone who is in his way. He's like a petulant child who takes his toys back.
Love this post. And the other one too.
Mugsy

United States

#1193072 Aug 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Aren't you the idiot who claimed most liberals don't pay taxes son?
So far, the rock IS smarter than you!!!!
Just because I named a few rich liberal elites still doesn't negate the fact that most don't pay federal income taxes. Of course, reading comprehension isn't your forte though. Cute as hominem though.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1193073 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you severely lack gumption otherwise you'd be able to fathom facile points? In other words, let me know when blacks comprise the same numcer as whites. Hence, proportions. Duh!
African-Americans, who make up 22 percent of the poor, receive 14 percent of government benefits, close to their 12 percent population share.

White non-Hispanics, who make up 42 percent of the poor, receive 69 percent of government benefits – again, much closer to their 64 percent population share.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/...

proportions. unless you're wanting me to make assumptions of the percentage of the poor?

you do know what they say about assumptions? pretty sure You do by now.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1193074 Aug 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
work? cutting brush was somehow related to running the country?
People do yard work on their off hours. Even presidents who have working ranches. No one expects a president to be on the job 24/7. Just not on the golf course 24/7.
Mugsy

United States

#1193075 Aug 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you don't want to hear about white on white crime?
tuff shyte. i haven't even started yet. the most alarming stats......white folks are a bunch of women killing drunks.
I have no problem with you chastising white crime since it doesn't apply to me. Unlike most blacks, I'm not tremulous or afraid of the truth. As for your last comment, I guess that makes black folks a bunch of illiterate, fatherless, uneducated, gang bangers, huh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193076 Aug 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Google "Infants, especially African-American boys, were willfully exposed to a high risk of autism from the MMR vaccine – if the vaccine was administered too early." Take your pick of a source.
sounds like the vaccine is not safe for the ignorant....

and risky for others....

most adults of a certain age had all three illnesses as children and survived without any ill effects....

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1193077 Aug 27, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You act still a little girl.
'Cops' Crew Member Killed by Officers While Show Films Armed Robbery

A staffer on the long-running television crime show Cops was shot and killed Tuesday night by gunfire from local police, while videotaping an armed robbery in progress in Omaha, Nebraska, that also left the suspect dead.

According to the Omaha Police Department, the incident took place at a Wendy's restaurant around 9:20 p.m. CT, in the vicinity of 42nd Street and Dodge.

Initial reports said the TV crew member — now identified by Langley Productions (which produces Cops) as 38-year-old audio technician Bryce Dion — had been critically injured. The news of his death broke Wednesday morning, as first reported by the Omaha World-Herald and local NBC affiliate WOWT. Omaha Police Chief Todd Schmaderer named the victim, along with the suspect Cortez "Traygone" Washington, 32, at a press conference Wednesday afternoon.

Al"7 dead jews" Sharpton is reported to be on his way, BO mulls his options.
Mugsy

United States

#1193078 Aug 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! That's what bushie boy told them son!
It doesn't matter what he told them since the Democrats signed off on the war. Boo boo to you!

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1193080 Aug 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
African-Americans, who make up 22 percent of the poor, receive 14 percent of government benefits, close to their 12 percent population share.
White non-Hispanics, who make up 42 percent of the poor, receive 69 percent of government benefits – again, much closer to their 64 percent population share.
proportions. unless you're wanting me to make assumptions of the percentage of the poor?
you do know what they say about assumptions? pretty sure You do by now.
funny, I don't know one white person on welfare, not sure I ever have. Yur on welfare right now, aren't you , Run a Mug?
Mugsy

United States

#1193082 Aug 27, 2014
CUT TO THE CHEESE wrote:
NOW, LET'S TAKE A BRIEF LOOK AT TAX LAW... IF MITT ROMNEY'S MONEY WHICH WE AGREE IS PRIMARILY... WELL, EXCLUSIVELY THE PRODUCT OF DIVIDENDS FROM FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS, IF THAT MONEY NEVER SEES THE LIGHT OF DAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND ONLY RESIDES IN UNREGULATED SHAM BANKS MANY OF WHICH ARE NO MORE THAN A POST OFFICE BOX, THAT IT WILL NEVER BE SUBJECT TO TAXATION SINCE IT DOESN'T TECHNICALLY EXIST AT ALL? YOU DO GET THAT, MUGGLES, DEAR?... THAT'S CALLED TAX EVASION, HONEY, AND IT'S VERY MUCH A FEDERAL CRIME... I DON'T REALLY NEED TO TAKE THE MATTER UP WITH ANY LEGISLATURES, IT WAS RESOLVED A LONG TIME AGO.... ALL I NEED TO DO IS TO SEE THAT THE LAW IS ENFORCED, WHICH WILL BE MY PLEASURE...
If it's tax evasion, then why isn't he in prison, "dear"? While you can sit here and chastise him all you want, Romney hadn't broken any laws and pays more in taxes than you'll ever do. This class warfare never gets old for you, huh?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193083 Aug 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Another finding of the study is that the distribution of benefits no longer aligns with the demography of poverty. African-Americans, who make up 22 percent of the poor, receive 14 percent of government benefits, close to their 12 percent population share.
White non-Hispanics, who make up 42 percent of the poor, receive 69 percent of government benefits – again, much closer to their 64 percent population share
When It Comes To Illegal Drug Use, White America Does The Crime, Black America Gets The Time
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/17/raci...
White-on-white murder in America is out of control
http://www.vox.com/2014/8/21/6053811/white-on...
Baby Mama Drama: Explaining Conservative Deception About Out-of-Wedlock Births in the Black Community
http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/baby-mama-dram...
would you people be happy if we gave you your own country, so that you could create an American Liberia???...

which states do you want to go away???...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dr Guru 219,225
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,819
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 2,263
News Lots of Wheat But Not Enough Protein Sends Buye... 2 hr Bread and Diabetes 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 2,840
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr GEORGIA 6,543
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 hr Raydot 1,784
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr CrunchyBacon 103,111

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages