Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1522411 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1193084 Aug 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Love this post. And the other one too.
Hey! Look son! They guy you thought was 'balanced' on his show really, really does have an opinion and no qualms expressing it!

Well, Hannity sure showed you, eh?

"Hannity Goes Off On ISIS-Supporting Imam:‘Every Radical Islamist Like You Will Be Wiped Off The Face Of The Earth’[VIDEO]
The Daily Caller
1 hour ago
Hannity Goes Off On ISIS-Supporting Imam:‘Every Radical Islamist Like You Will Be Wiped Off The Face Of The Earth’[VIDEO]

Fox News host Sean Hannity got into a fiery exchange Wednesday night with radical British imam Anjem Choudary.

Choudary, who has in the past praised the 9/11 terrorist attacks, attempted to defend the terrorist group the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria during his appearance on “Hannity.” After a heated back and forth, Hannity exploded on Choudary.(RELATED: Radical Muslim Cleric Anjem Choudary May Be A Fraud And A Clown, But He Is Still Dangerous)

“Eventually the world’s going to wake up to what I would say and every radical Islamist like you will be wiped off the face of the earth,” Hannity lectured the imam.“Because you have no respect for women, you have no respect for people of other faiths, you have no respect for innocent human life. You are radical and you want your religion or no religion.”"
Mugsy

United States

#1193085 Aug 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
African-Americans, who make up 22 percent of the poor, receive 14 percent of government benefits, close to their 12 percent population share.
White non-Hispanics, who make up 42 percent of the poor, receive 69 percent of government benefits – again, much closer to their 64 percent population share.
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/...
proportions. unless you're wanting me to make assumptions of the percentage of the poor?
you do know what they say about assumptions? pretty sure You do by now.
Proportionally blacks comprise the most welfare recipients per government census figures. It's nice you're citing blogs off the hapless NY Times site rather than official government data.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1193086 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what he told them since the Democrats signed off on the war. Boo boo to you!
lol! As long as we can get it clear that he lied to Congress and the American people, that's fine by me son.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1193087 Aug 27, 2014
America's top criminal defense lawyer Eric Holder has vowed to find the real criminal who made the threat, he's sure it's some white guy, possibly a cop:

Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat

The sister of the accused Boston Marathon bombers was arrested in New York City for threatening a woman over the phone, saying she could "put a bomb on you," police said on Wednesday.

Aliana Tsarnaev, 23, sister of Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was facing charges of aggravated harassment, a New York City Police Department spokesman said.

It's reported every FBI agent on active duty has been put on the case.

stay tuned..........
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193088 Aug 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Exclusive: GOP poll of women: Party 'stuck in past'
A detailed report commissioned by two major Republican groups — including one backed by Karl Rove — paints a dismal picture for Republicans, concluding female voters view the party as “intolerant,”“lacking in compassion” and “stuck in the past.”
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/gop-pol...
if related to the evangelical Christian influence on the abortion issue, probably correct....

time to shed this baggage....
Mugsy

United States

#1193089 Aug 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
People do yard work on their off hours. Even presidents who have working ranches. No one expects a president to be on the job 24/7. Just not on the golf course 24/7.
Total acquiescence. Think of the optics of his last round where he briefly talked about the beheading of Foley then immediately runs to the golf course to hob nob with pro athletes. Never have I seen a more arrogant tone deaf narcissist in my life.

“you know i know”

denver

#1193090 Aug 27, 2014
Tubby Browns last meal?

Arby's, the national fast food chain whose trademarked slogan is the ominous-sounding "We Have the Meats," made beefy news this week with its “Meat Mountain."

What the heck is that?

Oh, hey, glad you asked: It’s a tower of lunch meats, plus bacon, which you can order for $10, and receive, wrapped in paper, along with a bun. Need specifics? That’s two chicken tenders, 1.5 ounces of roast turkey, 1.5 ounces of ham, a slice of Swiss cheese, 1.5 ounces of corned beef, 1.5 ounces of brisket, 1.5 ounces of Angus steak, a slice of cheddar, 1.5 ounces of roast beef, and 3 bacon half-strips.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193091 Aug 27, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>How many vacation days did Obama spend at his home in Chicago?
none???...

as compared to Bush, who spent almost all his vacation time at his Texas home.....
Mugsy

United States

#1193092 Aug 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey! Look son! They guy you thought was 'balanced' on his show really, really does have an opinion and no qualms expressing it!
Well, Hannity sure showed you, eh?
"Hannity Goes Off On ISIS-Supporting Imam:‘Every Radical Islamist Like You Will Be Wiped Off The Face Of The Earth’[VIDEO]
The Daily Caller
1 hour ago
Hannity Goes Off On ISIS-Supporting Imam:‘Every Radical Islamist Like You Will Be Wiped Off The Face Of The Earth’[VIDEO]
Fox News host Sean Hannity got into a fiery exchange Wednesday night with radical British imam Anjem Choudary.
Choudary, who has in the past praised the 9/11 terrorist attacks, attempted to defend the terrorist group the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria during his appearance on “Hannity.” After a heated back and forth, Hannity exploded on Choudary.(RELATED: Radical Muslim Cleric Anjem Choudary May Be A Fraud And A Clown, But He Is Still Dangerous)
“Eventually the world’s going to wake up to what I would say and every radical Islamist like you will be wiped off the face of the earth,” Hannity lectured the imam.“Because you have no respect for women, you have no respect for people of other faiths, you have no respect for innocent human life. You are radical and you want your religion or no religion.”"
Oh look, another typical liberal posting about Fox News. Too funny!
CUT TO THE CHEESE

Providence, UT

#1193093 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of bipartisan support don't you understand? Apparently Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, and Pelosi thought WMD's existed to sign off on the word. However, that doesn't fit your blinkered narrative now does it?
YES, DEAR, THEY ALLLL THOUGHT THE WEAPONS EXISTED... BECAUSE THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION TOLD THEM THEY EXISTED. THE UNITED NATIONS MEANWHILE HAD PEOPLE ON THE GROUND WAVING THEIR HANDS AND TRYING TO BE HEARD OVER THE GENERAL TRADE CENTER DIN WHO WERE TELLING EVERYONE POINT BLANK THAT THE WEAPONS DIDN'T EXIST. BUT THOSE PEOPLE YOU MENTIONED LINED UP BEHIND THE PRESIDENT WHO WAS SO SURE... SO CERTAIN... ME? NOT SO MUCH... I WAS DOWNTOWN DAILY SCREAMING AT THEM TO NOT BE STOOPID, FOLLOWING A TEXAN OR A SOUTHERNER ANYWHERE WAS IDIOTIC... NO ONE LISTENED TO ME EITHER, APPARENTLY... I BET THEY WISH THEY HAD.... MY BLINKERED NARRATIVE? I BEG YOUR PARDON, I WAS CORRECT... AM CORRECT NOW... YOU, IT TURNS OUT, WERE JUST STEALING MONEY IN THE GENERAL CONFUSION... WHICH, IT DEVELOPS, WAS WHAT EVERYONE WAS DOING... YOU WERE HIDING BEHIND THE LITTLE SHITTY AMERICAN FLAGS MADE IN PAKISTAN... THOSE WARS DIDN'T JUST COST "US" 5 TRILLION DOLLARS... THEY WERE THE VEHICLE FOR BANKRUPTING THE GOVERNMENT AND ENRICHING PRIVATE ENTERPRISE... A LEGAL MEANS OF TRANSFERRING MONEY BACK TO THE OIL COMPANIES AND MILITARY INDUSTRIALS WHO FORM THE VERY SOUL OF YOUR FILTHY PARTY.... CLASS WARFARE? NAH... YOU'RE NOT A SEPARATE CLASS, THAT'S ONE THING YOU CAN SAY ABOUT AMERICA, THE PEOPLE AT THE TOP COULD EASILY PASS FOR GARBAGE MEN OR WOMEN... IT'S JARRING TO RUN INTO ONE OF YOU IN EUROPE OR SCANDINAVIA.... MAKES ONE WANT TO CRINGE... THIS IS MERELY A FORCEFUL DISCUSSION OF WHETHER AMERICA IS A COUNTRY... OR, A SHITTY BUSINESS.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193094 Aug 27, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone he had was in Ferguson trying to railroad the white cop who shot the fat thug.
Foley was white...end of story...
CUT TO THE CHEESE

Providence, UT

#1193095 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Proportionally blacks comprise the most welfare recipients per government census figures. It's nice you're citing blogs off the hapless NY Times site rather than official government data.
THE HAPLESS TIMES, YOU SAY? AS OPPOSED TO THE UN-HAPLESS...(FILL IN THE BLANK?)... PERHAPLESS? A LITTLE GLIB ARE WE? HOW INTIMIDATING!

“you know i know”

denver

#1193096 Aug 27, 2014
Because they're self loathing race traitors?

Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?
The case of Michael Brown, the unarmed, black teenager shot and killed by a white police officer, continues to make headlines weeks after the incident sparked riots and outrage in Ferguson, Missouri, and prompted a national debate. Meanwhile, the case of Dillon Taylor, an unarmed, white 20-year-old…
The Week (RSS)
NMx

Carlsbad, NM

#1193097 Aug 27, 2014
Stu Rumsfeld wrote:
<quoted text>You're just mad cause the black guy got blown away in Ferguson
Why?
Why was h blown away?
A guy showing a little girl how to shoot
a gun got blown away by th little girl.

“you know i know”

denver

#1193098 Aug 27, 2014
But, but, Barry says there's a glorious recovery going on, all thanks to him:

Fed feeling political pressure about the lack of jobs
People are beginning to realize that with Congress paralyzed and a president who is disengaged, the Fed is the only Washington institution that can help them, writes Darrell Delamaide.
MarketWatch

Is it possible he's lying?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1193099 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, another typical liberal posting about Fox News. Too funny!
lol! poor baby.

posting on something that you have no knowledge on the the history of.

like everything else, you post without knowing....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193100 Aug 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
how many vacation days did Bush spend at his home in Crawford?
a hell of a lot more than Obama spent in Chicago.
now, what exactly is the point? please leave out the right wing part of it and stick to something rational.
most Presidents go home to unwind from the pressures of the White House.....

Obama is a homeless person.....
CUT TO THE CHEESE

Providence, UT

#1193101 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Total acquiescence. Think of the optics of his last round where he briefly talked about the beheading of Foley then immediately runs to the golf course to hob nob with pro athletes. Never have I seen a more arrogant tone deaf narcissist in my life.
NO MIRRORS IN YOUR APARTMENT, HUH?... I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT... SAY, UM... ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE CONSERVATIVES WHO SUPPORT THE MEDIA THE LATE MR. FOLEY REPRESENTED? BECAUSE IT AFFECTS HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOUR SILLY POST...
CUT TO THE CHEESE

Providence, UT

#1193102 Aug 27, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Because they're self loathing race traitors?
Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?
The case of Michael Brown, the unarmed, black teenager shot and killed by a white police officer, continues to make headlines weeks after the incident sparked riots and outrage in Ferguson, Missouri, and prompted a national debate. Meanwhile, the case of Dillon Taylor, an unarmed, white 20-year-old…
The Week (RSS)
UH-OH, FAT GIRL ON A MIDNIGHT RAMPAGE...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1193103 Aug 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Race, Crime and Statistical Malpractice: How the Right Manipulates White Fear With Bogus Data
Whites are 6 times as likely to be murdered by another white person as by a black person; and overall, the percentage of white Americans who will be murdered by a black offender in a given year is only 2/10,000ths of 1 percent (0.0002). This means that only 1 in every 500,000 white people will be murdered by a black person in a given year. Although the numbers of black-on-white homicides are higher than the reverse (447 to 218 in 2010), the 218 black victims of white murderers is actually a higher percentage of the black population interracially killed than the 447 white victims of black murderers as a percentage of the white population. In fact, any given black person is 2.75 times as likely to be murdered by a white person as any given white person is to be murdered by an African American.
http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/race-crime-and...
most white folks have little chance of being murdered by blacks because they tend to avoid black ghettos.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 240,347
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 10,585
Hello Chicago 9 hr JDogs The Name 1
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 10 hr Bryce 31
Scary Obituary 11 hr Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Rose of Tralee 105,132
News Chicago Restaurants Rally Against Trump Immigra... 16 hr Truth 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages