Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1191212 Aug 24, 2014
How ironic… We got a Black President and it’s Dark in the World/ America!!
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191213 Aug 24, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
Who Won the Vietnam War and Why It Matters
Earl H. Tilford, Jr.
Professor of History
Grove City College
There are several ways to look at the issue of who won or lost the Vietnam War. Professor Timothy Lomperis wrote a book entitled, Vietnam: The War Everybody Won…and Lost. Sometimes the answer to the question who won or lost reminds me of those who, having lost a football game, retort,“We beat you in the statistics.” In football what matters is the final score, not how many first downs, completed passes, yards per carry, or how few penalties a team gets on its way to victory or defeat. In that sense, the flag over Ho Chi Minh City provides the starkest evidence of who won and who lost in Vietnam.
Carl von Clausewitz defined war as,“an act of force to compel the enemy to do our will.”[1] North Vietnamese and Viet Cong strategy, in Clausewitzian terms their “use of engagements for the purposes of war”, compelled the United States to withdraw its forces and reduce its political support and military aid to the Saigon government so by 1975 South Vietnam was abandoned to its enemies.[2]
Around three thousand years ago, Sun Tzu wrote in The Art of War,“What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.”[3] The short answer is that North Vietnam won the war because their strategy was superior to that of the United States and its Saigon ally. North Vietnamese strategy operated at several levels simultaneously to address both total and limited war objectives. Against the Saigon government, Hanoi's war aims were total. They never relented in their objective of disestablishing South Vietnam as an independent country and unifying the country under a single communist system.
K... I'M TOTALLY LOST NOW...(.. READ, BORED...)... I KNOW I'M GOING TO HATE MYSELF IN THE MORNING, BUT WHERE'S GROVE CITY COLLEGE? IS THAT ANYWHERE NEAR BOB JONES UNIVERSITY?... EARL TILFORD, JR., HUH? PROFESSOR TIMOTHY LOMPERIS? I'M NOT SURE WHETHER TO LAUGH OR CRY?... YOU KILLED 3,000,000 PEOPLE FOR NOTHING... I'M PRETTY SURE THEY KNOW WHO LOST... THEY DID BECAUSE YOU KILLED THEM.... THEN YOU THREW YOUR HANDS UP AND SHRUGGED, "WELL, WE DID OUR BEST!"... THIS IS NOT A FOOTBALL GAME YOU MORON.. YOU KILLED 3,000,000 PEOPLE! THEY CONTINUE TO DIE AT THE RATE OF SOME 10 - 20,000 PER YEAR FOR YOUR FOOLISHNESS... AND THEN YOU GO AND DO IT "AGAIN!!!!" YOUR IGNORANCE AND HUBRIS ARE AMAZING! A FOOTBALL GAME... REALLY?.... YOU LOST THEY WON, TAKE YOUR STOOPID FOOTBALL AND GO HOME...

I CAN SORT OF PICTURE YOU NOW, FLACKSTER, SLACK-JAWED, MYOPIC... TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I'M SAYING BUT YOU CAN'T QUITE DO IT, CAN YOU? THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE SOUTHERN... THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE STOOPID....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1191214 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I would like to believe you would still be here if I were to disappear. Facts can be boring but your satire is entertaining and educational. It plays an important part in holding up a mirror so these fools can view their ugly reflection. I hope you are stimulated by just the knowledge that you drive them nuts.
The Devil is like a comedian who can hit it out of the park on a rare occasion but is so offensive the rest of the time, everyone gets up and leaves. You're the only one left in the room who is still even remotely amused.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191215 Aug 24, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
50 thousand Americans died to prevent Viet Nam from becoming communist. Can you tell us what type of government Viet Nam has now without Googling it? Typical right wing moron has no clue what constitutes a "victory".
50,000 Americans died because LBJ sacrificed them instead of pursuing an aggressive victory strategy......

fighting the enemy in the rice paddies instead of in Hanoi....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191216 Aug 24, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Aside from killing OBL, much info was gained from the computers and files in the, cough, hideout and best of all the Pakistan government leadership suffered a major league drubbing.
Your offering are particularly obtuse today oldtimer__not feeling well?
what info????....

seems like ISIS, the reincarnated al-Qaeda, is stronger than ever.....

and the fool Obama never saw it coming....

and why do we care about "Pakistani government leadership"???....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1191217 Aug 24, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
Who Won the Vietnam War and Why It Matters
Earl H. Tilford, Jr.
Professor of History
Grove City College
There are several ways to look at the issue of who won or lost the Vietnam War. Professor Timothy Lomperis wrote a book entitled, Vietnam: The War Everybody Won…and Lost. Sometimes the answer to the question who won or lost reminds me of those who, having lost a football game, retort,“We beat you in the statistics.” In football what matters is the final score, not how many first downs, completed passes, yards per carry, or how few penalties a team gets on its way to victory or defeat. In that sense, the flag over Ho Chi Minh City provides the starkest evidence of who won and who lost in Vietnam.
Carl von Clausewitz defined war as,“an act of force to compel the enemy to do our will.”[1] North Vietnamese and Viet Cong strategy, in Clausewitzian terms their “use of engagements for the purposes of war”, compelled the United States to withdraw its forces and reduce its political support and military aid to the Saigon government so by 1975 South Vietnam was abandoned to its enemies.[2]
Around three thousand years ago, Sun Tzu wrote in The Art of War,“What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.”[3] The short answer is that North Vietnam won the war because their strategy was superior to that of the United States and its Saigon ally. North Vietnamese strategy operated at several levels simultaneously to address both total and limited war objectives. Against the Saigon government, Hanoi's war aims were total. They never relented in their objective of disestablishing South Vietnam as an independent country and unifying the country under a single communist system.
The Center for Vision and Values at Grove City College is a what???
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191218 Aug 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's what it ought to do....
.... practice for reich wingers is a different story....
BS...

no ID, no vote...simple as that.....
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191219 Aug 24, 2014
SUN TZU... HAHAHAHAHA... THE ART OF WAR.... YOU QUOTIN' A GODDAM CHINEE TO ME, HUH?... AN' AN OLD ONE AT THAT.... WONDER WHAT OL' SUN TSU DO YOU DROP A NUKE ON HIS CAMP? YOU RECKON HE ADD ANOTHER CHAPTER?... I BET HE BE WRITIN' HIS L'IL YELLOW ASS OFF.... YOU'RE SOOO FUCKED UP, YOU PEOPLE... THIS IS NO GAME... THIS IS NO ANCIENT INFANTRY ATTACK WITH SWORDS AN' SPEARS... THIS THE END OF LIFE ON THE PLANET YOU COURTIN' AN' HERE WE ALL IS, LISSENIN' TO NO LESS AN AUTHORITY THAN CAROL PLANNIN' OUT OUR NEXT MOVE AS A CHRISTIAN WHILE FLACKSTER HANDS OUT BOTTLES OF GATORADE TO THE HEROES....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191220 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I would like to believe you would still be here if I were to disappear. Facts can be boring but your satire is entertaining and educational. It plays an important part in holding up a mirror so these fools can view their ugly reflection. I hope you are stimulated by just the knowledge that you drive them nuts.
your buddy Ghost is here 24/7, from the Moreno Valley ghetto.....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1191221 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
when you feed and clothe them, more will come...just like the welfare system....
Not that I want to get into this discussion again, but you can't let children go hungry. It's a rule written in stone somewhere. It's not their fault their parents put their lives at risk.

They should have been fed and clothed and sent back to their parents. Not all over the country for the state and taxpayers to raise. The only exception were children being trafficked.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1191222 Aug 24, 2014
flack wrote:
My Arguments
I. Paris Peace Accords
The US war in Vietnam ended in 1973 with the signing of the Paris Peace Accords. The accords gave the United States what it wanted. Since the US met all of its objectives there was no need to continue the Vietnam War. Why should we continue fighting a war that we already won?[1]
Read this:
"The reunification of Viet-Nam shall be carried out step by step through peaceful means on the basis of discussions and agreements between North and South Viet-Nam, without coercion or annexation by either party, and without foreign interference." [2]
The accords gave the United States the victory. The treaty also showed that now the United States had no need to interfere with Vietnam again. In 1975, North Vietnam invaded South Vietnam again, but South Vietnam was no longer an ally of the United States. South Vietnam was practically fighting a second war against the North Vietnamese. As explained here:
"Two years later the fourth Vietnam war began with a full scale North Vietnamese invasion of the south. The United States did not become involved in this conflict which meant that the United States could not have won or lost the fourth war. The war was fought exclusively between the north and south Vietnamese governments and could only have been won or lost by them." [3]
The United States fought in the third war in Vietnam. The first two wars were World War 2 and the revolution against France. This clearly proves that the United States won the war in the form of a glorious victory, it did not lose it.
II. Prevented the Domino Effect
Because of the US actions in Vietnam, other Asian nations did not turn communist. This is similar to what happened in the Korean War. We did not win in Korea, but our great actions there prevented other Asian nations like Japan from falling. The same could be said for Vietnam. As explained here:
"Remarkably, what was obvious to so many never happened. Today, these countries are capitalist, prosperous and, to some extent, democratic. Why? Because the United States, with enormous sacrifice, held the line for well over a decade in Vietnam, deflecting Soviet resources and allowing valuable time for these other countries to mature." [4]
What we did in Vietnam stopped the flow of communism in Asia, perhaps the entire world. This is a glorious victory for the United States. Furthermore, Soviet tyranny was stopped:
"In the fantasy world of the American Left, Vietnam was not worth fighting because the Cold War was only a fiction whipped up by the military— industrial complex. If only those 100 million dead souls could answer that lie. The American victory in the Cold War was dearly bought, but if the Soviet Union had not been stopped, its victims might now number ——— how many? 200 million? 300 million? An endless number, as the Soviet Empire went from victory to victory?
In truth, we should have parades celebrating the sacrifice of Americans and our Vietnamese allies in the Vietnam War. It was an agonizing battle. But it was thrust upon us, and there was no other way. Don't let the Left get away with lying about it." [5]
This is hilarious! "Your" arguments are all cut and pasted from "your" handlers. What a lemming.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191223 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I would like to believe you would still be here if I were to disappear. Facts can be boring but your satire is entertaining and educational. It plays an important part in holding up a mirror so these fools can view their ugly reflection. I hope you are stimulated by just the knowledge that you drive them nuts.
NO, NO, AND YES... WITHOUT YOU THIS IS MEANINGLESS... AND THAT'S A FACT... I CAN HEAR YOU SMILE FROM WAYYYYY OVER HERE, AND I LIKE IT...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1191224 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The source doesn't matter if the story is backed up by FACTS. Fox hates facts.
Here's your statemnt again

"My statement is an observation about the biased, unsubstantiated reporting by FOX news."

politicususa states in their mission statement that they are biased. Try as you might, you can't hide your hypocrisy.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1191225 Aug 24, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> KISS donated $20,000.
...and took the challenge.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1191226 Aug 24, 2014
Waxman wrote:
A teacher asked her 6th grade class how many of them were Obama fans. Not really knowing what an Obama fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raised their hands except for Little Johnny.
The teacher asked Little Johnny why he has decided to be different ... again. Little Johnny said, "Because I'm not an Obama fan."
The teacher asked, "Why aren't you an Obama fan?"
Johnny said, "Because I'm a Conservative." The teacher asked him why he's a Conservative.
Little Johnny answered, "Well, my Mom's a Conservative and my Dad's a Conservative, so I'm a Conservative."
Annoyed by this answer, the teacher asked, "Well, If your mom was a MO-RON and your dad was an lDlOT, what would that make you?"
Little Johnny's face lit up, "That would make me an Obama fan."
God bless Little Johnny. Wish there were a whole bunch of real life Little Johnny's. The hope of all our future even if these Little Johnny's had to save Obama fans from themselves.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1191227 Aug 24, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Flack, you are such a fool. Always have been; always will be.
Hahahaha...I doubt a Flack takes the opinion of a fake teacher seriously at all. Your post was a waste of time.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191228 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Devil is like a comedian who can hit it out of the park on a rare occasion but is so offensive the rest of the time, everyone gets up and leaves. You're the only one left in the room who is still even remotely amused.
YOU'RE OVERLOOKIN' THE OBVIOUS, HONEY... NUMBER 1 I'M NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS OR CHANGE ANYONE'S MIND... TWO, 16 IS A PRETTY STRAIGHT ARROW. IF SHE CAN SEE MY SHALLOW PURPOSE THAT'S A THING TO BE PROUD OF, AND I AM.... IT TAKES A LITTLE GUMPTION IS ALL AND ONCE YOU PLOW THROUGH THE REFUSE, THERE I IS! YOU JUS' NOT MAKE THE EFFORT.... LOTTA WOMEN ARE SMARTER THAN YOU APPARENTLY, AN' ONCE THEY OVER THE INITIAL SHOCK THEY START LAUGHIN. ONCE THEY LAUGHIN'... THEY HEARTS IS MINE... I AM AN ACQUIRED TASTE THERE'S NO DOUBT... MADE HARDER IN YOUR CASE BECAUSE MY SIGHTS ARE LEVELED RIGHT AT YOU... LOOK AROUN', CAROL... LOOK AT THE MEN IN YOUR CAMP.... LOOK CAREFULLY... ANY OF THEM MAKE YOUR HEART RACE WITH EXCITEMENT? EVER?.... WHY YOU FIGURE THAT IS? RAND PAUL? REINCE PRIEBUS? CLARENCE THOMAS? WHICH ONE OF THEM MAKES YOU FEEL GLAD TO BE A WOMAN, HONEY?...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191229 Aug 24, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Most sane people don't even bother toread that garbage.
CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG... BUT I SEEM TO RECALL YOU BEIN' DEEPLY COMMITTED TO HAVIN' MY POSTS TAKEN DOWN?... I GUESS I LIKE OSAMA BIN LADEN IN THAT WAY, HUH? I IMPORTANT TO KILL IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT ONLY PERIPHERALLY IMPORTANT AFTER YOU FAIL...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1191230 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what info????....
seems like ISIS, the reincarnated al-Qaeda, is stronger than ever.....
and the fool Obama never saw it coming....
and why do we care about "Pakistani government leadership"???....
Gibberish!

What info? Is your old azz not on the CIA email list?

www.usaid.gov/paki
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1191231 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I want to get into this discussion again, but you can't let children go hungry. It's a rule written in stone somewhere. It's not their fault their parents put their lives at risk.
They should have been fed and clothed and sent back to their parents. Not all over the country for the state and taxpayers to raise. The only exception were children being trafficked.
I agree… Three easy Steps, Feed, Cloth, Return!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Mister Tonka 98,990
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 50,449
How to stop ants. 3 hr joey 4
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 4 hr Silk 1,754
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Jacques Ottawa 183,888
abby 1-26 5 hr j_m_w 71
Amy 1-29 6 hr Julie 10
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots