Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1603028 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1192696 Aug 27, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Our King has spoken...and who needs Congress...
'WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is working to forge a sweeping international climate change agreement to compel nations to cut their planet-warming fossil fuel emissions, but without ratification from Congress.'
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/27/us/politics...
You're right about that, who needs congress. Those do-nothing obstructionist Republicans should just stay out of the way while Obama does their job.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1192697 Aug 27, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
According to files compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the founder of the world’s largest Christian television network financed his endeavor with the assistance of numerous international criminal organizations.
Documents obtained by MuckRock show that the FBI was investigating Trinity Broadcasting Network and its founder, Paul Crouch, for being in communication with the infamous Bronx mafia figure, Vincent Gigante, with regards to a “narcotics transfer of funds,” which is how the FBI classifies money-laundering.
In another document, Crouch is listed alongside Reverend Earl Paulk and Oral Roberts as “anti-Semitic white supremacists [who] were supposedly receiving funds from the [Palestinian Liberation Organization] to ‘run guns’” via an “Islamic Education Center” in Baltimore, Maryland. Both of these investigations were tagged as relating to “financial flow” involving narcotics.
Crouch and the Tustin, California-based Trinity Broadcasting Network he founded have come under fire in the past for “the prosperity gospel” that is preached on the network, which promises immediate material rewards to viewers who donate generously.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/27/fbi-fil...
Hmm, hadn't heard about that but TBN has been plagued by scandals both rumored and real.

TBN owns Orlando's Holy Land Experience, a Christ centered theme park that is not as schmaltzy as it could have been if Crouch's wife had been in on the development.

Are you happy with your areas primary results?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1192699 Aug 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh hum. What that means zombie is:
1 - instead of addressing the corruption and potentially criminal acts, you simply attack the source
2 - the liberal media will not report on issues when the corruption is committed by fellow liberals
3 - liberals condone corruption
You can read the signed court document on the Judicial Watch website, you corrupt idiot.
LOL. You DO realize that Judicial Watch is a conservative group that quotes FOX News as their source don't you? IF you have a link to the court document and Thomas Kane's declaration, provide it.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime you have attacked a liberal source. Fact is, if you only have ONE source reporting something, it's because that source doesn't have all the facts and is distorting the truth. THAT is a Fox stategy. Anyone who has visited the Judicial Watch website knows that they quote FOX NEWS as their source of information. It's comical.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/weekl...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1192700 Aug 27, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Joe gets up at zero dark thirty and hits the road to work 12-14 hours shifts so people like you receive benefits you have never worked for. Joe subsidies your laziness with his hard work. Joe also served his country overseas and is a member of a local church which believes in community charity, he volunteers as a firefighters in his rural community to keep others safe without pay. Joe often helps disadvantaged youth whose liberal irresponsible parents disregard these children as surrogate wards of the state and the local school system.
2. Joe's medical benefits for him and his family cost him over 2200.00 a month because Joe pays for his premiums out of his own pocket so people like you get free medical care and benefits that Joe and his family will never use or benefit from in any way.
3. Joe has always worked either for an employer or as self-employed he has never once drawn a unemployment check and has no plans to do so in the future.
4. I don't use the subway but I do carpool with a group to save on fuel and wear and tear on vehicles we have one young man who is starting out in life and his car isn't very reliable no one says a word about his turn to drive because he always pays his way.
5. No Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac for me the only mortgages I've ever had was directly between the bank and me I never even used the VA benefits on FHA loans.
Joe is a conservative who was taught as a young man than your personal actions and choices are what builds character and your future. Joe is responsible, hard working American, married raised 2 kids who are both graduates of college. Joe is the silent majority and Joe has had enough of the
blatant takeover of this country by radical liberalism.
Welcome to the thread Joe. You are one of the respectable people here.

I see you met one of the nasty old foaming at the mouth rabid dishonest commies who lives here named Grey Ghost.

He will simply hurl insults your way and obfuscate like a typical radical juvenile leftwinger.
YYYY GUY

East Hartford, CT

#1192701 Aug 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush took 879 vacation days. Obama nowhere close to that.
But, but...the prez is never really on ‘vacation.’ The job and responsibilities go with him wherever he is...or so we're told when convenient.

Sorry to hear ol' Jim lost his head there...uh...hang on a sec...FORE LEFT!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192702 Aug 27, 2014
Cut to the chase wrote:
<quoted text> The guy who occupies the White House can snap his fingers and bring all the troops back.I see he can't snap a finger when he's clutching that 9 iron around FERGUSON
Then why didn't your hero Bush snap his finger and we would still have 4.500 of our finest alive and 30, 000 would not be injured, based on his lies and we wouldn't have that problem now would we????
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1192703 Aug 27, 2014
American Jihadi Killed in Syria: Douglas McAuthur McCain!!

McCain born in Chicago converted to Islam became an American Jihadi reason for conversion felt it was safer fighting in Syria than trying to survive the Streets of Chicago!! Voted twice for Obama!!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1192704 Aug 27, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Not near as bad as Bush chopping fire wood for his Texas ranch while thousands of American troops were being killed in his unprovoked war in Iraq. I don't remember any right wing morons whining about that, do you?
Stuck on Stupid…again are you Really this Stupid?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192705 Aug 27, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the thread Joe. You are one of the respectable people here.
I see you met one of the nasty old foaming at the mouth rabid dishonest commies who lives here named Grey Ghost.
He will simply hurl insults your way and obfuscate like a typical radical juvenile leftwinger.
No one ever said that communicating with you idiots would be easy. Is Joe another one of your socks Waxturd? He does seem to be a bit more together than you, but then again who isn't?
Nostrilis Waxman

Torrance, CA

#1192706 Aug 27, 2014
Cooking with gas with my socks today!!!!!!!!!!

Starting on a fresh box of wine this morning, by tonight when I pretend to get home from work, I should be pretty well shitfaced, just how I like it!!!

Bwaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa!

Who wants a judgit?
YYYY GUY

East Hartford, CT

#1192708 Aug 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You DO realize that Judicial Watch is a conservative group
The only comical part is watching fools like you keep denying it -- like you keep denying Obama lied about keeping our doctors and insurance plans.

FACT: The Obama administration had been lying to the American people about Lois Lerner’s missing emails. They were never lost.

Aren't you the least bit offended that your handlers think you're that naive, that ignorant, that stupid? Jesus...talk about lemmings.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1192709 Aug 27, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why didn't your hero Bush snap his finger and we would still have 4.500 of our finest alive and 30, 000 would not be injured, based on his lies and we wouldn't have that problem now would we????
why is it that you can only remember the past 10 years of evil wars and the bodies laying all around?

are you sure you were in the military, cuz your military campaign history prowess sucks...
YTubeFoxNews

Marietta, GA

#1192710 Aug 27, 2014

"50" BEHEADINGS Next in USA ?(*News)

http://youtu.be/F-AwaQ3NZYo

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192711 Aug 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You DO realize that Judicial Watch is a conservative group that quotes FOX News as their source don't you? IF you have a link to the court document and Thomas Kane's declaration, provide it.
I wish I had a dollar for everytime you have attacked a liberal source. Fact is, if you only have ONE source reporting something, it's because that source doesn't have all the facts and is distorting the truth. THAT is a Fox stategy. Anyone who has visited the Judicial Watch website knows that they quote FOX NEWS as their source of information. It's comical.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/weekl...
http://licensedtolie.com/wp-content/uploads/2...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192712 Aug 27, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Congress has to go, besides who would miss them anyway.
with Obama in office, Congress is unnecessary....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1192713 Aug 27, 2014
those 'gay-bashing' conservatives...

'ESPN says it regrets Michael Sam shower report that drew criticism'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lea...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1192714 Aug 27, 2014
TSM wrote:
American Jihadi Killed in Syria: Douglas McAuthur McCain!!
McCain born in Chicago converted to Islam became an American Jihadi reason for conversion felt it was safer fighting in Syria than trying to survive the Streets of Chicago!! Voted twice for Obama!!
But he moved to Minnesota where Keith Ellison Democrat, the muzzie in Congress, schooled him. Typical black crap-family says oh he was such a nice boy, he was smart, he loved his family blah blah blah, black muzzie terrorist.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1192716 Aug 27, 2014
POLL: Blacks Think Race Relations Worse Under Obama...The only thing Obama/Democrats given to the Black Community is Lip Service!!

Liberals/Democrats don’t have to Work for the Your vote, when 95% of Blacks vote Democrat you’re rendering yourself Irrelevant!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192717 Aug 27, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Florida Democrats nominated Charlie Crist for governor on Tuesday, an unsurprising but nonetheless remarkable victory for the former Republican.
The 58-year-old’s easy win over former state Sen. Nan Rich in Tuesday’s primary caps a stunning turnaround. Only four years ago Crist was a governor who had run for office as a rock-ribbed conservative. In the 1990s, he’d embraced the nickname “Chain-Gang Charlie” as a tough-on-crime state senator.
so, what makes Crist a DemoKKKrat???....

sexual preference???....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192718 Aug 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition applicable to the discussion is tar. Tar is sticky. It also happens to be black in color. You don't want to get stuck to anyone or anything you don't wish to be associated with like tar...or Tar-Baby...who was clever and outsmarted Br'er Rabbit.
Tar-Baby was the name of our family dog. We thought it was a cute name because the dog had black fur. Never crossed our mind it had a racial connotation. We loved our dog.
If a black republican were to win the presidency, you can be sure no one would get upset on your side of the fence if a liberal referred to him as Tar-Baby. Or much worse. And conservatives would just let it roll off our backs. We're rise above such petty nonsense.
Let it go. Like the song.
Explanation of the novel's title ("Tar Baby") from the Author (Toni Morrison):

Tar Baby is also a name [...] that white people call black children, black girls, as I recall.
At one time, a tar pit was a holy place, at least an important place, because tar was used to build things.
It held together things like Moses' little boat and the pyramids.
For me, the tar baby came to mean the black woman who can hold things together.

- from an interview with Toni Morrison by Karin L. Badt (1995)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Good Fight 2 min Written in Stone 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 40 min Pennie Lane 11,318
Black lives matter??? 2 hr Joey 11
Solutions for Black People 3 hr Joey 20
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Modus 105,267
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 3,716
News American Escrow: Illinois attorney general prob... (Mar '09) 7 hr achmad karma 328

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages