Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1743624 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1192813 Aug 27, 2014
Jermaine Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
The real definition of hypocrites:
We are witnessing a modern-day, high-tech political and media lynching of an innocent police officer who clearly acted in self defense…if Michael Brown's supporters would actually be willing to look honestly and fairly at the evidence. That’s something that President Obama, Attorney General Holder and various rabble-rousing, race-baiting black leaders appear incapable of doing. This is called sacrificing one police officer's life to placate your last remaining loyal supporters.
If by chance Obama and Holder can’t get an indictment (and my bet is they won’t), it’s a sure thing they’ll charge an innocent man with trumped up civil rights violations.
Before we get to the facts of the case, let’s first examine a few glaring inconsistencies and hypocrisies the size of the state of Texas.
Let’s start with the biggest problem for black Americans- violence in their own communities. Black on black violence is an epidemic in America. In any given week there are 25 dead black Americans lying on the streets of one city- Chicago. In one city- Detroit- police warn outsiders to steer clear of certain neighborhoods because they have lost control of the streets. As Fox News’ Juan Williams pointed out in a recent commentary, more than 90 percent of young black men are killed not by police or white people, but by other black men.
Murder is the #1 cause of death for black males between the ages of 15 and 34. Why does the black community not take action to stop this tragedy? Where is the outrage? Where are the protests?
Isn’t it absurd that one black man (who just committed a robbery) being shot by a white police officer causes a nationwide uproar…while thousands of black males murdered by other blacks every year receives a yawn. Where are the black leaders? Where is our black President?
Just days ago a young male was shot and killed by police in Salt Lake City.
The police officer was black. The unarmed victim was described as “white-hispanic.” But there was no national outrage. There was no violence, looting or burning. Why is it racism if a white officer shoots a black suspect, but just fine if a black officer does? Does the black community only get at white policemen? Isn’t that a case of…racism?
Would there be protests if a black officer had shot Michael Brown? Would there be national outrage if a black officer shot a white suspect who was charging at him, after already breaking his eye socket? Would there be rioting in the streets of Ferguson if a black male murdered another young black male? Of course not.
And where is the outrage over black-on-white crime? Race-based hate crime surged in Washington DC last year. Almost all of this increase in violence involved black criminals and white victims.
Where was the national outrage? Where are the protests? Where is Obama?
And if white police shooting blacks is a national issue…why isn't black criminals gunning down white policemen on the national radar? In just the past 60 days five white police officers were murdered by black criminals. Why hasn’t this sparked national outrage? Here are the names of the dead policemen: Detective Melvin Santiago…Officer Jeffrey Westerfield…Officer Perry Renn…Deputy Sheriff Allen Bares…Detective Charles Dinwiddie.
Hypocrites ignore black on black violence.
84% of whites who are murdered were done in by another white.

care to comment on white on white violence? please hold the hypocrisy.
Jermaine Washington

New York, NY

#1192814 Aug 27, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep harassing young black men and arresting them so that they can never get a job or a place to live and this is going to be the outcome. Same happens with the poor misfit white boys that join gangs like Oathkeepers. They've got nothing to lose. The prisons are breeding grounds of disgruntled men; angry as hell and looking for someone to blame. The white supremacist groups encourage their members to get trained in the military in preparation for a race war.
Keep encouraging black women irresponsibly have kids they can't support and without fathers in the picture. Don't blame society when they grow up without morals, compassion, education, skills or a work ethic and who then commit crimes requiring them to be in jails.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192815 Aug 27, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm not defending him. I think this is a phenomenon happening in this country with aimless young men; maybe recruited in jails and prisons; but they all seem to have had trouble with the law, adjusting to life; seeking something to belong to. That's how gangs recruit as well. The seek out the misfits and losers; send them to kill.
if all the money that the taxpayers spend on Homeland Security cannot identify and stop ISIS recruits, then we might as well save the money.....

and what about the ones who are assigned to carry out terrorism here instead of in Syria/Iraq???...

and you are still apologizing or rationalizing for terrorists....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1192816 Aug 27, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing I have said was parroted as I have been employing my own original thoughts and not the same hackneyed liberal drivel you've been saying. Notice Bosnia don't have to copy and paste articles as a substitute for debating purposes. Everything you've echoed is either typical liberal scuttlebutt, someone else's thoughts because you're incapable of thinking for yourself, and total non-sequiturs that don't even apply. As for Democrats being unhappy, how about Mary Landrieu's and Mark Pryor for example who are both in vulnerable seats for the Senate? Nice try though. You're the only one who is misguided and uninformed.
are they unhappy? can you cite their unhappiness or are you just insinuating?

right wing parrots have a thing about non-citation. it's like they don't know that some people know about Google.
Jermaine Washington

New York, NY

#1192817 Aug 27, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave do you practice being Stupid or is it… Just Natural? OMG
Please don't begrude Real Dave his one genuine talent.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192818 Aug 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Keep harassing young black men and arresting them so that they can never get a job or a place to live and this is going to be the outcome. Same happens with the poor misfit white boys that join gangs like Oathkeepers. They've got nothing to lose. The prisons are breeding grounds of disgruntled men; angry as hell and looking for someone to blame. The white supremacist groups encourage their members to get trained in the military in preparation for a race war.
more apologies for terrorists.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1192819 Aug 27, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
Joe is home from work, he plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive to dad's; his car is among the safest in the world because some liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. He was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electric until some big government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.(Those rural Republicans would still be sitting in the dark.)
He is happy to see his dad who is now retired. His dad lives on Social Security and his union pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.
After his visit with dad he gets back in his car for the ride home.
He turns on a radio talk show. The host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good.(He doesn't tell Joe that his beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day)
Joe agrees. "We don't need those big government liberals ruining our lives; after all, I'm a self made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."
Source: http://tvnewslies.org/html/day_in_the_life_of...
Quotes from some more damn liberals:
If your workplace is safe; if your children go to school rather than being forced into labor; if you are paid a living wage, including overtime; if you enjoy a 40-hour week and you are allowed to join a union to protect your rights -- you can thank liberals. If your food is not poisoned and your water is drinkable -- you can thank liberals. If your parents are eligible for Medicare and Social Security, so they can grow old in dignity without bankrupting your family -- you can thank liberals. If our rivers are getting cleaner and our air isn't black with pollution; if our wilderness is protected and our countryside is still green -- you can thank liberals. If people of all races can share the same public facilities; if everyone has the right to vote; if couples fall in love and marry regardless of race; if we have finally begun to transcend a segregated society -- you can thank liberals. Progressive innovations like those and so many others were achieved by long, difficult struggles against entrenched power. What defined conservatism, and conservatives, was their opposition to every one of those advances. The country we know and love today was built by those victories for liberalism -- with the support of the American people.
lol! Great story.

Reich wingers do live in their own world...
Jermaine Washington

New York, NY

#1192820 Aug 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a couple million old white people who are dying daily who watch nothing but FOX aren't going to dwarf anyone. quite the opposite i would 'die sucker die!' think.
so have you been banned from the Holiday dinners? i'm writing a paper on FOX viewers who've gone off the deep end. i would love to hear your story. do your grandkids run away when you walk in the door? groans and moans from the grownup table? do tell.
You are writing a paper? When will you ever have the time? Except for taking a shit twice a day, you are here posting.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192821 Aug 27, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
An all around ignorant post, but then you're well know for your ignorance.
BTW, why do you disrespect hard working, honorable truck drivers? Didn't you once claim your family was full of truck drivers or was that another lie?
And WTF is a ¨pusseessee?¨ Do you even read what you type?
Well , well, old Waxturd just gave himself away again, damn they don't come any dumber or obsessed that you, what a moron. You and most all the baggers pick and choose that which the want to believe you phony bas-turd. A turd by any other name is a Waxturd. LMAO
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1192822 Aug 27, 2014
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Joe gets up at zero dark thirty and hits the road to work 12-14 hours shifts so people like you receive benefits you have never worked for. Joe subsidies your laziness with his hard work. Joe also served his country overseas and is a member of a local church which believes in community charity, he volunteers as a firefighters in his rural community to keep others safe without pay. Joe often helps disadvantaged youth whose liberal irresponsible parents disregard these children as surrogate wards of the state and the local school system.
2. Joe's medical benefits for him and his family cost him over 2200.00 a month because Joe pays for his premiums out of his own pocket so people like you get free medical care and benefits that Joe and his family will never use or benefit from in any way.
3. Joe has always worked either for an employer or as self-employed he has never once drawn a unemployment check and has no plans to do so in the future.
4. I don't use the subway but I do carpool with a group to save on fuel and wear and tear on vehicles we have one young man who is starting out in life and his car isn't very reliable no one says a word about his turn to drive because he always pays his way.
5. No Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac for me the only mortgages I've ever had was directly between the bank and me I never even used the VA benefits on FHA loans.
Joe is a conservative who was taught as a young man than your personal actions and choices are what builds character and your future. Joe is responsible, hard working American, married raised 2 kids who are both graduates of college. Joe is the silent majority and Joe has had enough of the
blatant takeover of this country by radical liberalism.
lol! Son, how do YOU know your loan was never sold to another group or institution?

And who said only Freddie / Fannie were the ONLY government sponsored programs? For all you know, you're owned by China, son!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1192823 Aug 27, 2014
<quoted text>
The neighboring ranchers claimed that you're not supposed to cut the brush; Bush was a fake rancher. He didn't even come from Texas; a fake cowboy image to appeal to the morons who voted for him, oh yeah! Put a cowboy hat and boots on this priviledged white boy from CT! What a load.
Well he did have an F-250 Lily__of course he could just barely see over the dashboard.

When he took Putin out for a spin in it__Putin was left staring into the glovebox.

That's when Bush saw Putin's soul__err sole.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192824 Aug 27, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bullcht__let google be your friend fkface.
The latino/hispanics checked that box on the census form they themselves filled out.
Camp Pendleton is a forty minute drive__nothing by California standards.
Kaiser Permanente considers a 140 bed hospital in Temecula__that was two years ago scumbag__this thread is going on six years old.
You're a phony Galt__give it up.
He is fast becoming the biggest phony on here, I suspect that's why he seldom ventures off of his one liners. Nice going Realtime.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1192825 Aug 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you answered your question before you asked the question......
Faux-Indian Chief Cut-n-paste is uneducated and inarticulate......
faux? half makes me faux?

give me a minute before you reply. i need to take down these 2 sheepskins on my wall. seems i wasted all that time and money so i could be called uneducated and inarticulate by Mr. uneducated and inarticulate.
Jermaine Washington

New York, NY

#1192826 Aug 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
84% of whites who are murdered were done in by another white.
care to comment on white on white violence? please hold the hypocrisy.
LOL. Ok, you can walk through most black neighborhoods and proclaim you are not a hypocrite. I will stick to the predominately white neighborhoods. Gee, I wonder which is more dangerous? Last I checked, no one was getting beaten, shot or robbed, nor are men lurking in doorways at all hours and there are no bars on the windows of any of the homes. Even Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson know the difference and don't live amongst the thug population.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192827 Aug 27, 2014
<quoted text>
The neighboring ranchers claimed that you're not supposed to cut the brush; Bush was a fake rancher. He didn't even come from Texas; a fake cowboy image to appeal to the morons who voted for him, oh yeah! Put a cowboy hat and boots on this priviledged white boy from CT! What a load.
although born in Connecticut when his father was a student at Yale, Bush has lived in Texas his entire life, attending public schools in Midland, Texas.....

unlike preppies such as Obama, who never attended a public school.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192828 Aug 27, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You want a do over on that post fkface?
no.....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1192829 Aug 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Keep encouraging black women irresponsibly have kids they can't support and without fathers in the picture. Don't blame society when they grow up without morals, compassion, education, skills or a work ethic and who then commit crimes requiring them to be in jails.
you are the flag bearer of Morality, compassion, education skills and work ethics. So your idiot of that is being a lying skumbag like you???? Strange dude or should I say DUD?
LOL

United States

#1192830 Aug 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, how do YOU know your loan was never sold to another group or institution?
And who said only Freddie / Fannie were the ONLY government sponsored programs? For all you know, you're owned by China, son!
Because Sherlock he probably got a in-house loan which are rare anymore where the bank holds the mortgage. Didn't you read the post he said he choose not to do a FHA loan either. He must of had really good credit too.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1192831 Aug 27, 2014
<quoted text>
You are writing a paper? When will you ever have the time? Except for taking a shit twice a day, you are here posting.
Jermaine my brother! i'm sitting here with headphones on mixing rap music.$50 an hour going in my pocket. i know a brother can appreciate that.

as for the writing the paper thing...... have you ever heard of sarcasm? Google it if need be.
LOL

United States

#1192832 Aug 27, 2014
The leader of a prominent liberal super PAC on Wednesday defended taking money from billionaire George Soros while simultaneously condemning conservatives for benefiting from the fortunes of the Koch Brothers.

During a Twitter exchange Wednesday, Brad Woodhouse of the Soros-backed American Bridge 21st Century argued that it is okay for his group to accept money from liberal billionaires because, unlike the Koch Brothers, these donors are “not looking to screw the middle class to enrich themselves.”

Conservatives argue that thinking is hypocritical.

Everything started Wednesday when Woodhouse blasted a news story to reporters titled,“GOP Senate Candidates Bow at Koch Throne.” The story, written by the Huffington Post, was about Republican Senate candidates praising the Koch Brothers donor network for its support.

Andrew Kaczynski, a reporter at BuzzFeed, responded to that email on Twitter by stating:“It’s almost pathetic how weak the Democrats ‘run against the Koch brothers’ strategy is.”

Woodhouse, clearly rattled by the criticism, responded to Kaczynski on Twitter that “it’s a shame you have no idea what you are talking about” before taking a cheap shot at BuzzFeed’s content:“Stick to cats.”

Kaczynski replied:“Since you’re outraged by billionaires influencing politics @woodhouseb will American Bridge be refunding largest-donor George Soros?”

“That’s a stupid question,” Woodhouse responded, taking issue with Kaczynski’s assertion that the group’s anti-Koch strategy isn’t working.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/27/liberal-sup ...
==========

Liberal hypocrisy? LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Julia 12,209
Word (Dec '08) 9 hr Julia 6,961
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 9 hr Julia 1,059
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 9 hr Julia 3,805
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 9 hr Julia 2,568
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 12 hr SumGuy 218
News 'It's just really strange': Who is beheading th... 13 hr 9rivers 5

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages