Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232567 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191020 Aug 24, 2014
Hey Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
muslims don't care who is president, they want to kill you. Allah Akbar.
WELL, UM... THEY DOIN' A PRETTY CRAPPY JOB OF IT... LOOKIT YOU AN' ME... WE STILL HERE AFTER ALL THESE YEARS?... GO FIGURE?... MAYBE THEY JUS' GETTIN' WARMED UP?... OR MAYBE.... MAYBE THEY WERE NEVER A REAL THREAT TO BEGIN WITH?...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191021 Aug 24, 2014
TN Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
But he was violent... You saw the video where he robbed the store!!! Witness say he beat the hell out of the cop. The cop had the hell beat out of him! So looks like you posted another lie! That's what you people do. You lie!!! You people don't work! You live on topix! You can't work!!! So you're a person who post untrue comments ( lies ) and ya don't work!!! So please be quiet
AW FOR GOD'S SAKE... WHATEVER "WITNESSES MIGHT SAY, YOU WEREN'T ONE OF THEM... KINDA LIKE "THE" CRUCI-FICTION.. YOU MISSED THAT ONE TOO SO WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?... YOU WEREN'T THERE... YOU DINT SEE IT... YOUR "OPINION" IS.... WELL... USELESS, RIGHT?...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1191022 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetch's hatred and bigotry has done more to turn people against Jews than you will ever imagine. People who do not have Jewish friends judge all Jews by her example and assume that all Jews are terrible people.
Really... "all Jews"?.... I think I've figured out your hatred of Jews. You're a Sadducee, aren't you.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191023 Aug 24, 2014
I CAIN'T REMEMBER THE LAS' TIME A MUSLIM TOOK A SHOT AT ME? BOMBED MY GARAGE? WALKED DOWN MY STREET, FRANKLY? IT'S LIKE.... THEY'RE NOT EVEN HERE?... NOW CHINEE ON THE OTHER HAND... THEY LIKE LOCUSTS AROUND HERE.. AND ISRAELIS! WHEW, DON' GET ME STARTED... THE EMBASSY IS ABOUT THREE BLOCKS AWAY... FORTUNATELY THEIR FOOD IS TASTELESS SO I DON'T HAVE TO SUFFER THROUGH THAT... BUT THE FLIES!...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1191024 Aug 24, 2014
TN Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
But he was violent... You saw the video where he robbed the store!!! Witness say he beat the hell out of the cop. The cop had the hell beat out of him! So looks like you posted another lie! That's what you people do. You lie!!! You people don't work! You live on topix! You can't work!!! So you're a person who post untrue comments ( lies ) and ya don't work!!! So please be quiet
Spoken like a true FOX [Family of Xenophobes]. You as usual are the liar, you don't know that the cop was beaten you simply say that because that makes the killing more justifiable in your racist mind. So maybe you should be the one to STFU moron. I have seen plenty of film showing the cop standing and walking around acting normal after the shooting.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191025 Aug 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really... "all Jews"?.... I think I've figured out your hatred of Jews. You're a Sadducee, aren't you.
YEAH, PRETTY MUCH ALL OF THEM... AND THIS COMING FROM ME WHO LIKES HAVING SEX WITH JEWISH GIRLS WITH GIANT HAIRY BUSHES PROLLY AS MUCH AS I LIKE BREAKFAST?... NOT SURE WHAT A 'SADDUCEE' IS BUT IT SOUNDS GOOD?... I PROLLY ALREADY KNOW HER COME TO THINK OF IT?....
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191026 Aug 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true FOX [Family of Xenophobes]. You as usual are the liar, you don't know that the cop was beaten you simply say that because that makes the killing more justifiable in your racist mind. So maybe you should be the one to STFU moron. I have seen plenty of film showing the cop standing and walking around acting normal after the shooting.
I ASSUME YOU MEAN 'NORMAL' IN THE $28,000 A YEAR WORKING IN EAST ST. LOUIS SENSE?
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1191027 Aug 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I ASSUME YOU MEAN 'NORMAL' IN THE $28,000 A YEAR WORKING IN EAST ST. LOUIS SENSE?
Right on Diablo, how you be?
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191028 Aug 24, 2014
FRANKLY, EXCEPT FOR THE ONE BEAUTIFUL BLACK GIRL AND THE LADY I SOMETIMES DALLY WITH FROM NORTH CAROLINA... THE JEWISH GIRLS ARE THE ONLY ONES LEFT WITH PUBIC HAIR... AND JULIANNE MOORE, GOD BLESS HER.... GIANT FIERY RED PUBES... I LOVE YOU JULIANNE... I AM AT A POINT IN MY LIFE WHERE I CAN ALMOST NO LONGER MAKE LOVE TO A WOMAN WITHOUT PUBIC HAIR... CRAZY, HUH?.. LANDING STRIPS... TOTALLY BALD FOR GOD'S SAKE... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH MY HANDS!... WHAT DO THEY THINK THEY ARE, NINE?...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191029 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Government is not reason and it is not eloquence. It is force Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
George Washington
let's let right wing put right wing nutjob into perspective.

Dubious origins of a “George Washington” quote on government

I got all worked up (see previous diary entry) about Glenn Beck quoting George Washington on “the battlefield of ideas,” but I had missed the very beginning of his show. I caught it on the late-night repeat.

Sure enough, there was ANOTHER “George Washington” quote, written on the blackboard for emphasis. It also appears to be bogus:
“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.”

The full phrase appears in print from only 1902.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/barrypopik/2009...

hey carol...it's called Google. use it once in a while and you won't end up looking like an idiot.
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#1191030 Aug 24, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
More utter stupidity from Carol.
The sanctions imposed by the West are having real consequences to the Iranian economy and using the carrot and stick approach has a much better chance of succeeding than the kind of saber rattling the right is insisting on.
Iran is not financing ISIS STUPID! ISIS is Sunni and Iran is Shiite. ISIS is attacking the Shiite government in Iraq and also Iran's ally in Syria, the Assad regime. Iran's support of Hamas has diminished significantly in the past three years due to both economic and political considerations. Qatar and Turkey, however, have supplanted Iran as the biggest financial backers of Hamas in recent years. At any rate Iranian support for Hamas is no different than Reagan's support for the Nicaraguan Contras back in the 80's.
The only thing that Hamas and ISIS have in common is that your hero George W Bush is responsible for putting them where they are. He's the one who toppled the regime that kept the extremist factions in check in Iraq. Much of the blame for Hamas control of Gaza goes to President George W. Bush and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for pushing prematurely for parliamentary elections and then--when they didn't like the outcome--a bungled coup that left Hamas triumphant and in total control.
What civil war here at home you delusional twit?
You can stuff that crap about the President playing golf too nitwit. In his first five years in office he's played 160 rounds of golf; that's 32 per year or less than once a week.
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!
Actually Obama is playing golf... He is... After that American got his head cut off, your president ran in, made a comment and 15 minuets later was back at it with his clubs, so yeah common sense would have you figure out what to do... Not play... Children have play time, babies play. Golf is a game... Play play timely time is over when your citizens are getting killed, or when you get news that 18 trillion dollars is now what we owe, or when you hear that our credit rating has fallen twice or when you hear that Chinese jets are making fly by's around our navy, or when you hear that Russian bombers are flying off the west coast riding our air space, or when you hear that nations are falling to Islamic radicals that state that they only exist to do us harm, or when you hear that radical Muslim leaders are working on nuclear weapons!!! Oh my god I could go on and on, but I'll personally say this to you. You voted for Obama... So screw you! You along with the ones are the ones that I blame. You had a choice and you were too stupid to choose for the best of the worse!!!

Now go look up what I said because that is the truth... I dare you too!!! Look it up and prove me wrong!!!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1191031 Aug 24, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ferguson's black refusal to stop their crime and rioting is Hamas's refusal to stop firing missiles into Israel.
Very good comparison. The rights of thugs are given more protection than those of the victims. It seems terrorism, the destruction of innocent lives and property, is somehow accepted, but any counter-move is categorized as barbaric.
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#1191032 Aug 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong!!! Prove us wrong!!! Looks like I hit a nerve!!! Lol, poor little black boy got his ass handed to him, yet he continues to lie!!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1191033 Aug 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comprehension level is malfunction again...There was absolutely nothing that was said there that would indicate that USA was a hater. You baggers always make up your own version of everything.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191034 Aug 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on Diablo, how you be?
I'M GOOD, DUDE, HOW YOU DOIN'? NO MO' MARRIAGES, RIGHT?... THOUGH APPARENTLY I CAN'T DRAG A FISH OUT OF THE POTOMAC WITH A DREDGE? I THINK I ASKED YOU THIS BEFORE? HAVE YOU GOT ANY TROUT DOWN THERE? I NEED A ROAD TRIP... THING ABOUT MARRYIN' A WOMAN... WELL... I FORGET.... THERE'S SUMTHIN' THOUGH?... WAIT... IT HAS TO DO WITH FOOD?...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191035 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
In Cincinnati, the police were being accused of being racists in certain communities at one time and stopped policing those communities. The crime rate went up 800%.
They were protecting the very people accusing them of being racists from other blacks committing those crimes.
800%?

so why is it you never cite any of your nutjob assertions?

that FOX talking head parrot thing is not going to fly. never does, never has, never will.
Bumpass Lobster

Palm Coast, FL

#1191036 Aug 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you and Obama, as usual, are the liars. He earned Lie of the Year last year, and you both should tie for this year.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191037 Aug 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good comparison. The rights of thugs are given more protection than those of the victims. It seems terrorism, the destruction of innocent lives and property, is somehow accepted, but any counter-move is categorized as barbaric.
OH, COME ON!... THAT'S A CRAPPY COMPARISON AN' YOU KNOW IT.... WHAT? YOU TEACHIN' THE SECOND GRADE OUT THERE? YOU JUS' LONELY FO' THE COMPANY OF ANOTHER MAN.... YOU HANG OUT WITH OL' WOMEN ALL DAY YOU TEND TO BECOME ONE, DUDE... TROUT?... PRETTY SOON YOUR PERIOD ALIGN WITH THEIRS, AN' THEN WHERE ARE YOU?... YOU BE OUT ON THE BACK 40 SMOKIN' WEED AN' WORSHIPPIN' THE MOON!... WE HAVE STANDARDS YOU KNOW?...
Patrick

United States

#1191038 Aug 24, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just stuff this "common sense" crap Carol? It was once "common sense" that the sun revolved around the earth. It was once "common sense" that women didn't have the brains to vote.
Albert Einstein said it best;
“Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of 18. It is also a result of some pervasive and extremely stupid logical fallacies that have become embedded in the human brain over generations, for one reason or another,”
Your are still reading Carol? Repeats the same malarkey every day.
She does help the democrats
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191039 Aug 24, 2014
HEY, UM... SPEAKIN' OF WEED... HOW'S THE NEW LAW WORKIN'... CAUSE I INTERESTED...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr FastandFurious 189,824
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Net Workit 5,997
News 17 shot-2 fatally-in bloody start to Memorial D... 4 hr BLDM 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr OzRitz 53,486
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Ratloder 70,018
Amy 5-24-15 6 hr tiredofit 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Go Blue Forever 99,534
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]