Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383526 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1191862 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
what happened? considering you have nothing in rebuttal, just the usual.
Your opinion sources are usually amusing. This time they were just boring talking points.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1191864 Aug 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Funny cht pal__he's his fathers son__did you vote for his dad?
His dad laughed at Romney__called him a liar to his face.
His dad laughed at others and scoffed at Bachmann, Cain and Newt.
His dad laughed at Perry, the Governor of the state he represented and a fellow (R).
His dad would laugh at your teaparty azz too.
His father is the father of the tea party. I would laugh at Bachmann and Newt also. I would add Santorum.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1191866 Aug 25, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a chopper pilot, the vast majority of which are not COMMISSIONED OFFICERS but WARRANT OFFICERS. He got a battlefield commission
There's no Warrant Officer Candidate School (WOCS) at Ft. Rucker?

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1191867 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, It's obvious that you are very knowledgeable about the military and it's inter workings. Thanks for your service.
Boots on the ground is not a military term. According to The Official Dictionary of Unofficial English it means individuals deployed under a military command. There functions may be anything from spying, ground combat to advisory roles. The first known use of it was General Warner stating that even a light token land force would signal that there is "boots on the ground."

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1191869 Aug 25, 2014
TSM wrote:
Liberals/Democrats I give you the Cherokee woman,’ Sen. Elizabeth Warren's (D) to run for president in 2016 ,do I hear an Amen!!
I have been saying it all along, Lizzy Borden Warren for President. ROTFLMAO.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1191870 Aug 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The attackers were NOT known immediately. Carol is lying again.
Obama Linked Benghazi to Video 3 Days After CIA Eyewitnesses Confirmed No Protest There
December 31, 2012 - 9:44 PM

( CNSNews.com )- Three days after CIA and State Department eyewitnesses reported on Sept. 15 that there had been no protest in Benghazi, Libya, before terrorists attacked the U.S. diplomatic mission and a CIA facility there on Sept. 11, President Barack Obama and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney both publicly linked the attacks, which killed four Americans, to protests against an anti-Muslim video that had been posted on YouTube.

Carney did it at the White House press briefing on Tuesday, Sept. 18, and Obama did it later that same day in a taped interview with David Letterman.

However, according to a new report by the Senate Homeland Security Committee, personnel working at the CIA "Annex" in Benghazi on Sept. 11 reported on Sept. 15 that there had been no protest in Benghazi that day, and State Department security personnel who survived the Benghazi attacks told FBI interviewers on Sept. 15 and Sept. 16 that they, too, had seen no evidence of any protest before the attacks.

At the White House briefing on Sept. 18, Carney said that there was a protest in Benghazi on Sept. 11 against the anti-Muslim YouTube video and that the attacks there were "sparked" by protests. Obama, appearing on David Letterman’s show that same day, instantly referred to the video and called its maker a “shadowy character” when Letterman asked him what had happened in Benghazi.

Also, an internal State Department email exchange on Sept. 18--the same day Carney made his claim at the White House briefing and Obama made his on Letterman—shows that State Department security officers new by that date that there had been no protest in Benghazi on Sept. 11, 2012.

Oblamer's people died

then he lied and lied and lied some more.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1191871 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
what happened? considering you have nothing in rebuttal, just the usual.
Gee wiz. That lie wasn't creative either.

You're slipping.
knightrjag1

Newark, NJ

#1191872 Aug 25, 2014
dad wrote:
I learned that you only have to be half black to be African American.
Can anyone explain that to me?
Use to be you only needed 1 drop of AA blood. There are lot of white people who are black because of that formula. Lot of blacks passing off as white,,,so guess what my racist brother you could be married to a black women and don't even know it. Welcome to the family! LOL

“you know i know”

denver

#1191873 Aug 25, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us again about how tall he was and how much he weighed; and; oh yeah, he happened be black!
over 50% of murders are committed by 13% of the population, perhaps you dated some of them?

Lapeer, MI

#1191874 Aug 25, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this is amazing, you finally got something right. That's a first and probably only event.
Boots on the ground” has become a fairly familiar phrase, primarily in discussions of a military presence but sometimes in other contexts. The definition is simple: troops (or other physical presence) actually on the ground in the place being discussed. Wikipedia suggests the phrase was coined by a British officer in Malaya in the 1950s but doesn’t give a citation. However, without too much difficulty, I was able to find a print reference with the right context and meaning in a Congressional Quarterly Weekly from 1956 (“The decision to retain 10 Army divisions appears to reflect a decision that ‘boots on the ground’ remain a uniquely potent pledge of U.S. support.”). The phrase was known and used in military circles during the Vietnam era, and there’s no doubt that it’s surged in popularity since 9/11.
http://thebettereditor.wordpress.com/2014/05/...
when those thousands of military advisors become 10 Army divisions, then you would have Boots on the Ground
All of this propaganda jargon is quite routine especially now with the Magic Negro Administration.

When JFK sent Cuban exiles into the Bay of Pigs, were they "boots on the ground"?

When they were captured and executed on the spot because JFK wouldn't send backup support, did we incur a military loss of personnel or not?

Are Black Ops considered "boots on the ground"?

All of this talk here over the definition and implementation of "boots on the ground" is a moot discussion about how many SEALs can dance on the head of a pin.

Michael Brown's Step-daddy in the White House doesn't know the difference between Mom Jeans and Evisu's much less "boots on the ground" and "black crime in America".

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1191876 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are very selective in your view of the Reagan presidency. It borders on insanity.
It is no secret that I am not a fan of Reagan. I had him as a governor. But, Reagan did not "bring about the demise of the Iron Curtain and the Societ Empire." I wish you people would stop spreading that lie. Gorbachev came to power. That was what made the difference. Reagan did, however, do all the things I mentioned. He doubled the debt. He sold arms to Iran (not to mention his blunders in Grenada and Beirut). Eight of his senior officials were indicted but he knew "nothing". He ignored AIDS. He pushed the mentaly ill out onto the streets and into jails and he granted amnesty to nearly 3 million illegal immigrants. His approval rating fell to 35% during the Reagan recession and, we still have not recovered from his “trickle down” economic which widened the gap between the rich and poor.
Reagan was a dunce for Pete's sake..."“Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do”. Oh, and lets not forget his recounting, at a 1983 Congressional Medal of Honor ceremoney, the story of military heroism that never happened. It was a scene from the movie "A Wing and a Prayer" but he thought it was real. Pathetic.
Now, Obama has "ended the BUSH recession" and he has "returned American pride in this country" and restored global opinion of America around the world but you are too brainwashed to acknowledge those accomplishments.
Russia's economy collapsed under Reagan's presidency. And the Berlin wall was torn down.

If Reagan even had a small part in ending the Cold War and tearing down that wall, it was a pretty big achievement.

An exhaustive nonpartisan investigation exonerated Reagan from any wrongdoing in the Iran-Contra affair.

And, actually, trees DO contribute to pollution. Many trees emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which in the presence of sunlight and nitrogen oxides (NOx), may react to form photochemical smog, otherwise referred to as ozone.

But who would you choose as the better president? Reagan? Or Obama?

Lapeer, MI

#1191877 Aug 25, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us again about how tall he was and how much he weighed; and; oh yeah, he happened be black!
As soon as the Fatass Brownboy got shot, I could smell Trayvon coming and come he did in the form of his Ambulance Chasing parents.

Wrongful Death Lawsuit, anyone?

Grief here has a HUGE dollar sign stuck to it:-)

“you know i know”

denver

#1191878 Aug 25, 2014
fail barry, ya' lying douche:

Tax refunds may get hit due to health law credits
Associated Press By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR

WASHINGTON (AP)— Taxes? Who wants to think about taxes around Labor Day?

Related Stories

Using tax credits to pay premiums gets complicated Associated Press
Deadline to clear up health law eligibility near Associated Press
[$$] Fewer Uninsured Face Fines as Health Law's Exemptions Swell The Wall Street Journal
ObamaCare: Penalties vs. Subsidies Fox Business
Another Obamacare Doomsday Warning Isn't Living Up To The Hype Business Insider
But if you count on your tax refund and you're one of the millions getting tax credits to help pay health insurance premiums under President Barack Obama's law, it's not too early.

Here's why: If your income for 2014 is going to be higher than you estimated when you applied for health insurance, then complex connections between the health law and taxes can reduce or even eliminate your tax refund next year.

Maybe you're collecting more commissions in an improving economy. Or your spouse got a better job. It could trigger an unwelcome surprise.

The danger is that as your income grows, you don't qualify for as much of a tax credit. Any difference will come out of your tax refund, unless you have promptly reported the changes.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1191879 Aug 25, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a chopper pilot, the vast majority of which are not COMMISSIONED OFFICERS but WARRANT OFFICERS. He got a battlefield commission
"karmug"
"poop" has done a lot of bragging about his exploits. He has never bragged he was a chopper pilot. He stated he was a corporal captain in command of a platoon of grunts on the ground. of course "poop" will soon have a new explanation.
Peade
KMA
GPUAR

Lapeer, MI

#1191880 Aug 25, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as the Fatass Brownboy got shot, I could smell Trayvon coming and come he did in the form of his Ambulance Chasing parents.
Wrongful Death Lawsuit, anyone?
Grief here has a HUGE dollar sign stuck to it:-)
Black culture has a huge dollar sign stuck to it.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1191882 Aug 25, 2014
TSB wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree!! I just have this sneaky feeling Warren is going to be the Nominee!!
Warren or Clinton, what's the difference? You right wing morons can't agree on anyone who can make all your looney factions happy.
Kiss 2016 good bye, you're still the "stupid party".

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1191883 Aug 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Boots on the ground is not a military term. According to The Official Dictionary of Unofficial English it means individuals deployed under a military command. There functions may be anything from spying, ground combat to advisory roles. The first known use of it was General Warner stating that even a light token land force would signal that there is "boots on the ground."
"RoxLo"
You must remember, corporal captain "poop" is an expert. In his mind that General knows nothing.
"poop"is the expert. Period.
Peace

“you know i know”

denver

#1191884 Aug 25, 2014
Hilarious:

Burger King Dares Obama To Stop It From Fleeing To Canada
Burger King’s plan to scurry across the Canadian border to avoid U.S. taxes could be seen as the corporate equivalent of flipping President Barack Obama the bird.The White House vowed earlier this month to use an executive order to curb tax inversions -- deals in which U.S. companies buy smaller…
Huffington Post

“you know i know”

denver

#1191885 Aug 25, 2014
More
globull warming, right , hysterics?

Bundle Up: Farmers' Almanac Predicts Frigid Winter in the U.S.- Here's How to Prepare!
The Farmers’ Almanac, which correctly predicted last winter’s frigid conditions, has predicted that this year will be just as miserable. Here are a few places to escape the cold this winter.
Yahoo Travel

“you know i know”

denver

#1191886 Aug 25, 2014
what a dirtbag:

Obama administration sends 3 officials to Michael Brown's funeral, sent zero to Margaret Thatcher's
President Obama ruffled British feathers last year when no White House officials attended the funeral services of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. Obama himself also failed to make an appearance.The administration, though, according to Fox News, sent three high-end officials to the funeral…
The Week (RSS)

Oblamer, apologist in chief for racist criminal thugs, still hasn't mentioned imprisoned Marine in Mexico.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex 2 hr lildickdandan 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SweLL GirL 8,422
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Joe Balls 214,484
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr mdbuilder 59,510
last post wins! (Apr '13) 8 hr Retired SOF 997
News Barber shop shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured; ... 8 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 2,435
Observations 13 hr Angelique770 27
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 hr Sublime1 102,009
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages