Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403990 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1191810 Aug 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the second shot to the head was the only thing that stopped the gentle giant.....
I wonder if the Fatass Panda Brown understood just how dangerous cigar-smoking was to his health?

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1191811 Aug 25, 2014
How Rand Paul spends his vacation or break.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/rand-pa...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1191812 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another sign of the dumbing down of America. People are no longer interested in the truth. They just want to be entertained.
You think any of the cast members / fans of 'Jersey Shore' voted for Mitt Romney?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191813 Aug 25, 2014
Darren Wilson’s 1st Police Force Shut Down by Racial Tension

Relations were so tense between white officers and black residents in Jennings, Mo., that the city council scrapped the department and hired a whole new force.

Three years ago, a small police department in Jennings, Mo., was so bedeviled by racial strife between its white officers and black residents that the city council fired the whole force and built a new one, the Washington Post reports.

One of the fired officers was Darren Wilson, 28, accused of shooting 18-year-old Michael Brown nearly two weeks ago on a hazy Saturday afternoon outside the youth’s housing complex in Ferguson, Mo., a predominantly black community.

In a step up from Jennings, Wilson, who is white, was hired three years ago by the Ferguson Police Department as a patrol officer. Indeed, Wilson, whose life has been marked by familial discord, including a recent split from his wife, hoped to find some semblance of normalcy working as a police officer, sources tell the Post.

“What he found in Jennings, however, was a mainly white department mired in controversy and notorious for its fraught relationship with residents, especially the African American majority,” the Washington Post writes.“It was not an ideal place to learn how to police."

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2014/...

Lapeer, MI

#1191814 Aug 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Brown funeral orator claims the gentle giant was a Christian missionary and martyr....
And the Trayvon Hoodie Crowd showed up, too. That church was a den of thieves.

Misery, Racist Pigs and Looters love company.

Lapeer, MI

#1191816 Aug 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>IRAQ
So Wait, How Many US Troops Are Now In Iraq? And What Are They Doing?
Tweet
By Kayla Ruble
July 1, 2014 | 7:10 pm
President Barack Obama ordered up an additional 200 American military troops for deployment in Iraq on Monday, where they will be tasked with helping secure the US Embassy ae Baghdad International Airport. This latest move to increase US military presence in Iraq comes as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) continues capturing territory in the country, and will bring the total number of US troops on the ground nationwide to 750.
Trying to figure out where those 750 are at any given moment, and what they're doing while they're there, is not easy.
"This force is deploying for the purpose of protecting US citizens and property, if necessary, and is equipped for combat," Obama said in a letter addressed to the US House of Representatives on Monday. "This force will remain in Iraq until the security situation becomes such that it is no longer needed."
This is who is fighting in Iraq and why. Read more here.
According to the Pentagon, the troops arrived on Sunday along with a detachment of helicopters and drones. They will integrate with troops sent in recent weeks to help protect the US embassy and personnel already in the area.
“The presence of these additional forces will help enable the embassy to continue its critical diplomatic mission and work with Iraq on challenges they are facing,” Rear Admiral John Kirby, a spokesman for the Pentagon, said in a statement.
'They will be very good at improving the immediate tactical proficiency of some of the Iraqi military, but they will be less prepared to address the longterm health of the Iraqi army.'
In a separate authorization, Obama also gave the green light for up to 300 personnel to take part in an advisory mission aimed at establishing two joint operations centers and providing support to Iraqi security forces in their battle against ISIS.
The Pentagon reported that a first joint operations center was opened in Baghdad on June 26 with the help of 90 American troops.
Magic Negro: "Let me be clear. We do not have any boots on the ground in Iraq. Our military men and women are wearing sunglasses and sandals at this time."
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1191817 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because someone tweets the word "troops" doesn't mean that we have "boots on the ground". The military has referred to these deployments as "forces", not "troops".
"What he’s (Obama) ruled out is reintroducing U.S. forces into combat on the ground in Iraq." Ben Rhodes, the deputy national security adviser, August 13, 2014
I was in Iraq for several months....and everyone that went outside the wire carried a weapon...
even the CIVILIAN Heat and Air contractors tasked with repairing "infrastructure" were packing AK-47s....

the convoys we were tasked to augment had the >CLEARLY MARKED<WATER TRUCK drivers at least POINTING a rifle barrel out the window....

what did you do while you were a gubbymint worker?

Lapeer, MI

#1191818 Aug 25, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>2 shots to the head overkill or murder, you decide.
Neither.

It was great shooting.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1191819 Aug 25, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If Brown were white(I know that's a little funny) you'd be screaming about 'militarized' police thugs and their overuse of power.
Since you brought up "militarized" police. Why is that? Why does the military even have surplus equipment that it can pass gear onto police agencies? Only one reason...to keep the military industrial machine humming. What we need is members of Congress that are will to say "no" to the war machine. Then, there will be no surplus of weaponry to givew away.

Lapeer, MI

#1191820 Aug 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Read you own post scumbag__it's pure nonsense.
Gibberish!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1191821 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Darren Wilson’s 1st Police Force Shut Down by Racial Tension
Relations were so tense between white officers and black residents in Jennings, Mo., that the city council scrapped the department and hired a whole new force.
Three years ago, a small police department in Jennings, Mo., was so bedeviled by racial strife between its white officers and black residents that the city council fired the whole force and built a new one, the Washington Post reports.
One of the fired officers was Darren Wilson, 28, accused of shooting 18-year-old Michael Brown nearly two weeks ago on a hazy Saturday afternoon outside the youth’s housing complex in Ferguson, Mo., a predominantly black community.
In a step up from Jennings, Wilson, who is white, was hired three years ago by the Ferguson Police Department as a patrol officer. Indeed, Wilson, whose life has been marked by familial discord, including a recent split from his wife, hoped to find some semblance of normalcy working as a police officer, sources tell the Post.
“What he found in Jennings, however, was a mainly white department mired in controversy and notorious for its fraught relationship with residents, especially the African American majority,” the Washington Post writes.“It was not an ideal place to learn how to police."
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2014/...
Police are predominately Union...

and whats good for one union...

Chrysler rehires pothead workers...

'... Chrysler reinstated more than a dozen workers who'd been caught by a local Detroit TV station drinking and smoking pot on their lunch break has lit up the Internet, prompting the automaker to issue two separate statements.'

http://autos.aol.com/article/chrysler-rehires...

Equality sucks.....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1191822 Aug 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You think any of the cast members / fans of 'Jersey Shore' voted for Mitt Romney?
I know the morons on Duck Dynasty certainly did.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191823 Aug 25, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither.
It was great shooting.
just like when a black cop kills an unarmed white kid?

works for me.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1191824 Aug 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in Iraq for several months....and everyone that went outside the wire carried a weapon...
even the CIVILIAN Heat and Air contractors tasked with repairing "infrastructure" were packing AK-47s....
the convoys we were tasked to augment had the >CLEARLY MARKED<WATER TRUCK drivers at least POINTING a rifle barrel out the window....
what did you do while you were a gubbymint worker?
So what are you saying? You represented "boots on the ground"? Talk about deflection.

Lapeer, MI

#1191825 Aug 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing we do know...Michael Brown had a huge chip on his shoulder when he robbed that store, threatened that store owner and ignored the police when he was told to get out of the middle of the street which resulted in a scuffle inside of the police car.
That's important information. His state of mind had a lot to do with his reaction when confronted by a police officer.
The Ferguson Fatass had a really bad attitude that day.

Had all the markings of a Hate Crime in progress.

Lapeer, MI

#1191826 Aug 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
Do the Ferguson police carry tasers?
Go there to rob a Party Store and let us know, OK?

Lapeer, MI

#1191827 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
running away is charging?
he turned around when ordered and then was shot dead. so yeah, the FOX idea of charging i suppose.
You are normally a Creative Liar. What happened here, eh?

Lapeer, MI

#1191828 Aug 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law.
Nothing there about personal opinions.
Two fools collided__one had a gun__why is it that the one with the gun is always the one in fear?
Brown is dead__Wilson career is in the tube.
Maybe he and Zimmerman can open a security company.
Shoot First Security LLC.
The Michael Brown Steal Company is dead in the water, boy:-)

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1191829 Aug 25, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush never sent any people to a store robber's funeral.
Unless you feel a robber has the same stature as an army general.
No, when Bush does something, he goes all out. George and Laura Bush attended a memorial service for Ken Lay.
How many lives were ruined by that thief?
How many people lost their life's savings because of Ken?
How many people lost their homes because of Ken Lay?
How many children became homeless because of Kenny boy?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1191830 Aug 25, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush never sent any people to a store robber's funeral.
Unless you feel a robber has the same stature as an army general.
You're right, he went himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Buster Steinbeizer 219,456
Oceans Gentlemen's Club. A totally awesome, er... 6 hr Strip club man 1
The Official Jonas Brother Chat Room!!!! (Oct '08) 9 hr Kayla Phillips 751
Rating girls 9 hr Habsm22 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 hr dGo mnaDed lyoH r... 60,658
Obama to head Mosque in City, 10 hr Sis Marian Roberta 1
last post wins! (Dec '10) 11 hr honeymylove 2,271
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 hr Sublime1 103,130

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages