Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509323 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1192001 Aug 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric Holder is inflaming racial tensions just fine all by himself.
Obama has a direct line with Al Sharpton as his "go to guy" on the Ferguson tragedy. True.
oh sure you would think editing a video to inflame the FOXbots is all good.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1192002 Aug 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You white liberal faux anti-racists are so sensitive. Tar-Baby is a fictional character in the Uncle Remus stories published in 1881; it is a doll made of tar and turpentine used to entrap Br'er Rabbit.
It's not healthy to be so sensitive you make everyone feel like they're walking on eggshells. You know that feeling, right? It's not a good feeling.
Weren't you one of those criticizing Reid for his comment "One problem I’ve had today is keeping my Wongs straight?” I suggest you should look in the mirror when you say "It's not healthy to be so sensitive." Hypocrite

Here's Black columnist Eric L. Wattree's take on things:

"And it seems that White conservatives will never learn that by trotting people like Allen West, Herman Cain, or Dr. Ben Carson out before the public, they’re doing themselves a disservice in the Black community. Black people know and understand our own people. We warned America that Herman Cain had a flawed character. Then when it came out that he was a philandering pervert, conservatives were shocked, while the Black community walked away snickering, and asked, "What else is new?"
So you see, it’s not Black people who are out of touch. We overwhelmingly support the Democratic Party because we have sense enough not to reject the Bogeyman just to go out and support the Devil.

Black people understand that ANY Black person who aligns him or herself with the conservative agenda has to be either an idiot or suffer from a severe character flaw. Sound crazy? Okay, well, just ask yourself, how do you feel about Americans who align themselves with Al Qaeda? Well, why is it so difficult to understand why the Black community would feel the exact same way about a group where one of its representatives, Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-Colorado), would say, being associated with President Obama would be similar to touching a "tar baby."

http://wattree.blogspot.com/2013/10/dr-ben-ca...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1192003 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your continued effort to be the the dumbest poster is about came to fruition, Simply calling you stupid is a drastic understatement. I have never bragged about anything idiot, the only mistake I made was thinking that you idiots had some resemblance of character. And you being the poor illiterate moron that you are have whined and obsessed ever since. Your daily whimpering for 4-5 years now is a sad reflection on your miserable life...You bragged about being a R O and when I questioned you about that on a few different occasions you ran like the wimp that you are. There is no such rank as a Corporal Captain dumbo you are as dumb as Flack.So obsess on you proven lying loser. I guess you will just have to read the book..Huh Idiot. By the way no one really cares what you think. This is the only place in life where you can even get someone to talk to you and you are forced to attack them to even make that happen.. You are one pathetic imbecile.
You can't blame Bush so you are blaming EasyEd because you lied. Why can't you simply tell the truth?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192004 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are exactly right USA whatever forces that are there aren't there in a combat role. But if attacked they have the proper training and arms to defend. Flack and most all of the righties on here are fanatical in nature and look for any and everything to paint the President in a bad light. But basically they end up showing their own ignorance and hatred.
what happens if they are overrun by a superior force???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192005 Aug 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Last weekend a 22 year old young lady who was visiting Orlando with friends for the weekend was killed by a stray OPD round. Another young person, Kody Roach had been kicked out of a respectable downtown club when he became unruly__he returned with a stolen 40 cal pistol and began waving it around. It was unloaded__but who can tell__two officers approached the crazed white mofo and one tried to tase him but his shirt blocked the darts and the other officer opened fire hitting Roach multiple times.
Ricochet's killed the young lady and wounded an OPD Lt.
She was just out with her friends having some fun.
The young lady's family will win the insurance lottery while Kody Roach, who survived, will go to trial where his parents will explain what a nice young boy he is__when he's not drinking.
this case shows the lack of logic in the use of tasers.....

tasers are supposedly used when the situation calls for less-than-lethal force....

when the taser didn't work, what justified gunfire???...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1192007 Aug 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
none of the other wounds, as described by the family pathologist, were sufficient to stop someone the size of the gentle giant.....
the shot to the top of the head was the only fatal wound, and was instantaneously fatal....
draw your own conclusions.....
I'm not going to draw my own conclusions. That is the problem with all of you...on both sides.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1192008 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Brigades are 3 -5 thousand Frank.
An Infantry Brigade - minus,means less than a Brigade, simply stated only combat essential troops are used. When a General plans to deploy combat soldiers, he states the deployment in form of sorties.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192009 Aug 25, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, when Bush does something, he goes all out. George and Laura Bush attended a memorial service for Ken Lay.
How many lives were ruined by that thief?
How many people lost their life's savings because of Ken?
How many people lost their homes because of Ken Lay?
How many children became homeless because of Kenny boy?
Ken Lay was a personal friend and decent people don't abandon friends and their families in times of tragedy....

you people wouldn't know about that....
Joe

United States

#1192010 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you one of those criticizing Reid for his comment "One problem I’ve had today is keeping my Wongs straight?” I suggest you should look in the mirror when you say "It's not healthy to be so sensitive." Hypocrite
"And it seems that White conservatives will never learn that by trotting people like Allen West, Herman Cain, or Dr. Ben Carson out before the public, they’re doing themselves a disservice in the Black community. Black people know and understand our own people. We warned America that Herman Cain had a flawed character. Then when it came out that he was a philandering pervert, conservatives were shocked, while the Black community walked away snickering, and asked, "What else is new?"
So you see, it’s not Black people who are out of touch. We overwhelmingly support the Democratic Party because we have sense enough not to reject the Bogeyman just to go out and support the Devil.
Black people understand that ANY Black person who aligns him or herself with the conservative agenda has to be either an idiot or suffer from a severe character flaw. Sound crazy? Okay, well, just ask yourself, how do you feel about Americans who align themselves with Al Qaeda? Well, why is it so difficult to understand why the Black community would feel the exact same way about a group where one of its representatives, Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-Colorado), would say, being associated with President Obama would be similar to touching a "tar baby."
You using Herman Cain as the example of a conservative pervert? But people like you supported Anthony "weinergate" Weiner and Billy Clinton the poster pervs for sex addicts anonymous!

Oh the liberal hypocrisy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192011 Aug 25, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a systemic issue here, that most of these conservative posters don't understand military jargon, such as Boots on the Ground, don't understand the primary mission of different military units, like thinking the primary function of the Green Berets is combat as opposed to arming and training the locals in combat operations, or how the military works-most chopper pilots in the Army are Warrant Officers and what/who gets a combat commission.
because they haven't been in the service, much less combat. which is probably why they are now hawks....chickenhawks
ISIS doesn't give a shit whether the Americans in Iraq are "boots on the ground" or not.....

they will execute all of them if given the chance....

the helicopters leaving the embassy roof will make a great photo-op.....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1192012 Aug 25, 2014
Cut to the chase wrote:
<quoted text> A tar baby? You fkn liberals are content with an ABORTED BABY.ALL ENIMIES AND DOMESTIC
A fetus is not a "baby". Educate yourself.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1192013 Aug 25, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>What good would it be to carry a taser while being brutally attacked by a 6'4' 292 pound criminal who will not react to police orders.
Fried Pork for dinner?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192014 Aug 25, 2014
harmonious wrote:
fail barry, ya' lying douche:
Tax refunds may get hit due to health law credits
Associated Press By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR
WASHINGTON (AP)— Taxes? Who wants to think about taxes around Labor Day?
Related Stories
Using tax credits to pay premiums gets complicated Associated Press
Deadline to clear up health law eligibility near Associated Press
[$$] Fewer Uninsured Face Fines as Health Law's Exemptions Swell The Wall Street Journal
ObamaCare: Penalties vs. Subsidies Fox Business
Another Obamacare Doomsday Warning Isn't Living Up To The Hype Business Insider
But if you count on your tax refund and you're one of the millions getting tax credits to help pay health insurance premiums under President Barack Obama's law, it's not too early.
Here's why: If your income for 2014 is going to be higher than you estimated when you applied for health insurance, then complex connections between the health law and taxes can reduce or even eliminate your tax refund next year.
Maybe you're collecting more commissions in an improving economy. Or your spouse got a better job. It could trigger an unwelcome surprise.
The danger is that as your income grows, you don't qualify for as much of a tax credit. Any difference will come out of your tax refund, unless you have promptly reported the changes.
wise people manage their withholding so that they never have a refund....

even before ObamaKKKare....

Lapeer, MI

#1192015 Aug 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan also communicated with the American people as to his policies and getting more people on his side. He met frequently with Democrats and even befriended many of them.
However, all past presidents have communicated to the people important information about world and domestic events and crises and where America stands and any plan of action. All past presidents have reached out and included the other side in the governing process as well.
This president doesn't communicate much of anything to anyone. Half of his liberal base probably has no idea what ISIL is much less the threat it poses to them and the rest of the country.
They probably don't know about the Christian persecution epidemic either. Don't recall this president uttering one word of condemnation about it.
But his base knows exactly where he stands on Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin.
Magic Negro is not the President of all the people. He has a priority list that begins with blacks, Muslims, Latinos, Illegals and then on down to useful white Liberal idiots like Pelosi and Reid.

The rest of America is simply being held hostage through extortion. If he doesn't get what he wants, he sends out his Flying Monkeys to start more Race Riots.

And then he'll blame Congress.

Lapeer, MI

#1192016 Aug 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again...you're becoming hysterical in your willingness to be so misled and passing judgment on false premises.
Take a few deep breaths. Maybe that will help.
Taking a few deep breaths will not help unless he bathes first.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192017 Aug 25, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Warren or Clinton, what's the difference? You right wing morons can't agree on anyone who can make all your looney factions happy.
Kiss 2016 good bye, you're still the "stupid party".
big difference.....

Warren is the extreme radical left of the DemoKKKrat party, outflanked only by Bernie Sanders...

an easy target.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192019 Aug 25, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Hilarious:
Burger King Dares Obama To Stop It From Fleeing To Canada
Burger King’s plan to scurry across the Canadian border to avoid U.S. taxes could be seen as the corporate equivalent of flipping President Barack Obama the bird.The White House vowed earlier this month to use an executive order to curb tax inversions -- deals in which U.S. companies buy smaller…
Huffington Post
Burger King and Tim Horton are similar in size....

tax inversions occur because of excessive US corporate income taxes...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192020 Aug 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately, Roxlo & his unofficial English does net get decide which definition of "Boots on the ground" Obama used.
ISIS doesn't care.....

Lapeer, MI

#1192021 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest that readers here take a few minutes to peruse the racist sewage pouring forth from Eric L. Wattree's big mouth. He is more hate-filled than USAsince1680, the Bimbo Extraordinaire of Topix.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1192022 Aug 25, 2014
harmonious wrote:
I certainly hope so, don't you?
Americans don't need to "save" $2500 a year.
Could a wording 'glitch' doom Obama's healthcare law?
When a federal appeals court ruled last month that a seemingly arcane wording flaw in the Affordable Care Act should invalidate a central part of the law, many of those who drafted the statute five years ago reacted with shock and anger. In 2009, they had spent months piecing together a compromise…
Los Angeles Times from R
the demoKKKrats knew in advance that there were critical flaws in the bill, but they no longer had control of the Senate to make changes....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min one-moniker Jacques 239,486
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 35 min Sublime1 105,060
Graduation in Detroit. 1 hr BHO is EVIL 4
News Pie Five Pizza closes all but one suburban Chic... 2 hr Emeril LaGas 2
Obama has LEAK under sink. 2 hr BHO is EVIL 40
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 2 hr Death2Madigan 4
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 2 hr LYING Bullshyters 8,069

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages