Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418048 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1191472 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Reagan returned Americans' pride in their country, badly damaged by Carter.
2. Reagan ended the Carter recession and double-digit inflation.
3. Reagan brought about the demise of the Iron Curtain and the Soviet Empire.
not bad at all.....
"John Galt"
Give "uselesssinceforever000 " a minute or two and she will give Gorbachev credit for the above.
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191473 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You have been seriously brainwashed.
the truth speaks for itself and you are obviously unable to respond to the facts.....
Fake Teacherleosanus

Palm Coast, FL

#1191474 Aug 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Meltdown interruptus , malarkey too follow
-Angela
It's difficult to determine which one of you is the worst speller...Patrick or the beard. You both get an "F".

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1191475 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a free TV......
Opportunity knocks but once.

Otherwise, start a riot.
THE DEVIL

Alexandria, VA

#1191476 Aug 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Old friend, whenever I can be of assistance, just let me know.
What did he/she witness?
YOU ARE AN OL' FRIEND AREN'T YOU? YOU ARE TALKING TO THE DEVIL, WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THAT?
Fake Teacherleosanus

Palm Coast, FL

#1191477 Aug 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Good News for America
An American held captive for two years by an al-Qaeda-linked group in Syria was released Sunday, according to the Obama administration and his family.
"For two years, we have kept Peter Theo Curtis, a U.S. citizen held hostage in Syria, in our thoughts and prayers," White House national security adviser Susan Rice said in a statement. "Today, we join his family and loved ones in welcoming his freedom."
Curtis, 45, who is from Massachusetts, was held by the Jabhat al-Nusra, also known as the al-Nusra Front, a branch of al-Qaeda operating in Syria, Secretary of State John Kerry said in a statement.
Curtis is a published author and freelance journalist who writes under the name Theo Padnos, according to a statement released Sunday by his family expressing gratitude to the United States, Qatar and others who helped negotiate his release. He was captured shortly after he crossed into Syria in October 2012.
"My heart is full at the extraordinary, dedicated, incredible people, too many to name individually, who have become my friends and have tirelessly helped us over these many months," his mother, Nancy Curtis from Cambridge, Mass., said in the statement. "Please know that we will be eternally grateful."
Nancy Curtis said the family did not know the details surrounding the negotiation for Curtis' release but said they "were repeatedly told by representatives of the Qatari government that they were mediating for Theo's release on a humanitarian basis without the payment of money."
Good News for America
Obama can't serve a third term in the presidency.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191478 Aug 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they don't read your blog because it's not worth reading. And whoever says I'm a millionaire is full of shit.
I exercise my right to participate like you exercise your right arm...but for different reasons. I want to make a difference. You want to feel wanted.
why would one object to being called a millionaire...unless that was a gross underestimation of assets......
Fake Teacherleosanus

Palm Coast, FL

#1191479 Aug 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
General Gault to the war front :-)
Yesterday criticizing American soldiers risking their lives to get bin Lauded!!!!
Another "F" is Spelling. You and your beard are tied, once again.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191481 Aug 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
CNN host rips Fox for ‘sowing doubt’ with baseless report on officer’s fractured eye socket
CNN media critic Brian Stelter on Sunday took on Fox News for repeating an unconfirmed report from a conservative blog that claimed that Darren Wilson, the officer who shot unarmed teen Michael Brown, had a fractured eye socket.
Last week, Gateway Pundit blogger Jim Hoft claimed that unnamed sources had told him that the officer who shot Brown had an “orbital blowout fracture to the eye socket.”
Just one day later, Fox News referenced Hoft’s blog, reporting that “there is information out that [the officer] was hit hard enough to break the bones around his eye.”
“Frankly, I’m surprised that Fox ripped the information off this blog and repeated it on air,” Stelter said on Sunday.“And later in the day, Fox did find its own anonymous source, and publish its own story. And every one of Fox’s primetime hosts picked up on it.”
“After all, this seemed like it changed the whole story, casting the officer as the victim of a dangerous aggressor, a dangerous black aggressor.”
Stelter pointed out that the most public officials had ever confirmed was that the officer had a swollen face. And in fact, a CNN source refuted the broken eye socket claim.
“I have yet to see any firm evidence of an eye socket injury,” Stelter said.“But that does not seem to matter because these claims have spread all over the place, sowing doubt in people’s minds about what happened that terrible day in Ferguson.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/24/cnn-hos...
swollen face versus fractured eye socket seems like an assault by the gentle giant, either way....

but thanks for the FoxNews update anyway, asshat.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191483 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
swollen face versus fractured eye socket seems like an assault by the gentle giant, either way....
but thanks for the FoxNews update anyway, asshat.....
FOX said fractured. wrong! as usual.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191484 Aug 24, 2014
FOX talking head....

I Increasingly Find Conflict Between My Faith and Some Conservative Discourse

Were I to recreate this site, I think it would have no comments section. Disqus is just horrible. I do not recommend it to anyone. And it just helps further what I see on so much social media these days. As much as the internet can bring people together of like mind, it also can help shrill minorities of people think their views are more mainstream than they are. That then emboldens them further.

In the past several months there have been three incidents that have solidified for me that my faith and my politics are starting to collide. While I am a firm believer in the idea of a conservative populism, I see a dangerous trend within the mix of unfortunate shrillness and hostility. That trend is playing out in the comments here at RedState and on social media.

To start, Christian conservatives were roundly assailed by other conservatives for daring to provide aid and comfort to children whose parents had shipped them across the border. Some could not distinguish between giving a child a teddy bear and supporting Mexican drug cartels. It was all one or all the other. In fact, many Christians, myself included, want expedited deportations and a secure border. But we also want to make sure the children, some victims of human trafficking, were taken care of, fed, and comforted.

But to some on the right, that is aiding law breakers. The anger and hysteria directed at conservatives engaged in private charity had all the makings of a leftist police state making us care about how we choose to spend our own money.

The second was bringing Dr. Brantly and his co-worker back to the United States. The number of angry calls into my radio program from well meaning conservatives, comments across social media, opinion columns, agreement thereto, etc. really boggled my mind. Here are two Americans risking their lives to help others and we are supposed to turn our back on them, leave them there, or criticize their decision to go in the first place? That’s not the America I know or love. The level of outright anger, fear, and bitterness over the decision to take care of American citizens and the lack of knowledge and understanding that formed the foundation for the anger, fear, and bitterness really left me wondering what is going on.

The last is the present situation in Ferguson, MO. The rush to win a fight and lay blame instead of mourning a loss and praying for a situation just leaves me perplexed. The rush to “change the narrative” with bad facts to replace bad facts by some folks who keep the ichthys on their car unsettles me.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/08/21/my-faith-a...

.... a growing number of conservatives are showing more willingness to drive from the public square those who urge greater measures of Christian grace and charity than they prefer.

the American Taliban, a.k.a the Tea Party. real Christians beware.
Sonic NumbSkull

Murrieta, CA

#1191485 Aug 24, 2014
Ummmm, ok, me don't know nothings
Sonic NumbSkull

Murrieta, CA

#1191486 Aug 24, 2014
Me racist firewater drinkin injun. Me no like whitey. my mom is a white jew
Patriot

Denver, CO

#1191487 Aug 24, 2014
Fire in the Sky News/Two Huge Meteors/Massive Solar Eruption!

& http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/ca...

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1191488 Aug 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE AN OL' FRIEND AREN'T YOU? YOU ARE TALKING TO THE DEVIL, WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THAT?
I've howled at the moon, too. I figure I'm covering all the bases.
Mr Right

United States

#1191489 Aug 24, 2014
Beheaded American,Gaza War, China playing chicken with a Naval Jet, riots in Fergoonson,earthquake........ Time to congratulate the little league ghetto team( lost to Korea, lol) and then go golfing.

He ain't my president

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1191490 Aug 24, 2014
famous cat-herder wrote:
<quoted text>Here's my imitation of you:
mudhutbuilder- "meeeeooooow! reeeeooheeerrrr hiiissssssss"
Nailed it, eh?
Damn. You've got talent no one's aware of.
Grey Ghost

United States

#1191492 Aug 24, 2014
Any horny dudes out there tonight? I gotta an itch that needs some scratching. You around dem ?
Grey Ghost

United States

#1191493 Aug 24, 2014
I'm so horny I would do the drunken Indian sonicfilter dirty style
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1191494 Aug 24, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
Give "uselesssinceforever000 " a minute or two and she will give Gorbachev credit for the above.
Peace
lol! What's the matter son?

Hate facts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 min Retired SOF 1,457
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Jacques in Orlean... 222,398
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min They cannot kill ... 9,380
Word (Dec '08) 34 min They cannot kill ... 6,694
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 35 min They cannot kill ... 3,031
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 58 min PEllen 1,930
amy8-25-16 1 hr PEllen 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages