Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1656291 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1191851 Aug 25, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And JFK's thousands of "military advisers" in Vietnam were also not considered "boots on the ground".
You are getting really silly here, Babee:-)
Wow, this is amazing, you finally got something right. That's a first and probably only event.

Boots on the ground” has become a fairly familiar phrase, primarily in discussions of a military presence but sometimes in other contexts. The definition is simple: troops (or other physical presence) actually on the ground in the place being discussed. Wikipedia suggests the phrase was coined by a British officer in Malaya in the 1950s but doesn’t give a citation. However, without too much difficulty, I was able to find a print reference with the right context and meaning in a Congressional Quarterly Weekly from 1956 (“The decision to retain 10 Army divisions appears to reflect a decision that ‘boots on the ground’ remain a uniquely potent pledge of U.S. support.”). The phrase was known and used in military circles during the Vietnam era, and there’s no doubt that it’s surged in popularity since 9/11.

http://thebettereditor.wordpress.com/2014/05/...

when those thousands of military advisors become 10 Army divisions, then you would have Boots on the Ground

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1191852 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever considered getting dewormed?
No. No need to.

But please tell me how they did it to you, OK?

Did they use your favorite Sex-Toy to inject the medicine?

Few people have ever heard about your Elmo Enema Kit with Giggle Bubbles.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1191853 Aug 25, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop"
Please clear up something. You did attend OCS classes? You flunked out of OCS? You became a corporal captain die to battlefield valor? Which is it;
OCS?
Battlefield commission?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
He was a chopper pilot, the vast majority of which are not COMMISSIONED OFFICERS but WARRANT OFFICERS. He got a battlefield commission
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1191854 Aug 25, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, don't think so. Maybe later elections when he has a little more experience.
Funny cht pal__he's his fathers son__did you vote for his dad?

His dad laughed at Romney__called him a liar to his face.

His dad laughed at others and scoffed at Bachmann, Cain and Newt.

His dad laughed at Perry, the Governor of the state he represented and a fellow (R).

His dad would laugh at your teaparty azz too.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191855 Aug 25, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are normally a Creative Liar. What happened here, eh?
what happened? considering you have nothing in rebuttal, just the usual.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1191856 Aug 25, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a chopper pilot, the vast majority of which are not COMMISSIONED OFFICERS but WARRANT OFFICERS. He got a battlefield commission
Thanks Karma, talking to these baggers is a real lesson in futility. Keep up the good work.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191857 Aug 25, 2014
A New York Times report on the huge differences between the accounts of eyewitnesses to the shooting of Michael Brown and accounts from Ferguson police doesn’t have much new information (if you’ve been following LGF, anyway), but it does show once again how consistent all the eyewitness accounts have been.

However, one new detail is very striking — because it’s the first time I’ve seen police admit that officer Darren Wilson actually fired his weapon at Michael Brown as he was running away.

Here’s the key section:

However, law enforcement officials say witnesses and forensic analysis have shown that Officer Wilson did sustain an injury during the struggle in the car.

As Officer Wilson got out of his car, the men were running away. The officer fired his weapon but did not hit anyone, according to law enforcement officials.

The first section is just a repeat of what Ferguson PD has been saying since the beginning, that Wilson and Brown struggled inside the car. Notably, none of the eyewitnesses confirm this story.

However, the second paragraph quoted above makes it very clear that officer Wilson was firing his weapon at Michael Brown as he ran away — in other words, even though law enforcement officials say he didn’t hit Brown or Johnson, he was indeed shooting at Brown’s back.

That’s a confirmation of one of the crucial bits of eyewitness information, and an explanation for the initial reports that Brown was “shot in the back”— because Wilson did try to shoot him in the back. And that’s not supposition any more; it’s the direct word from law enforcement.

Read more at http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/43753...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1191858 Aug 25, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a systemic issue here, that most of these conservative posters don't understand military jargon, such as Boots on the Ground, don't understand the primary mission of different military units, like thinking the primary function of the Green Berets is combat as opposed to arming and training the locals in combat operations, or how the military works-most chopper pilots in the Army are Warrant Officers and what/who gets a combat commission.
because they haven't been in the service, much less combat. which is probably why they are now hawks....chickenhawks
Very true, It's obvious that you are very knowledgeable about the military and it's inter workings. Thanks for your service.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1191859 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
A New York Times report on the huge differences between the accounts of eyewitnesses to the shooting of Michael Brown and accounts from Ferguson police doesn’t have much new information (if you’ve been following LGF, anyway), but it does show once again how consistent all the eyewitness accounts have been.
However, one new detail is very striking — because it’s the first time I’ve seen police admit that officer Darren Wilson actually fired his weapon at Michael Brown as he was running away.
Here’s the key section:
However, law enforcement officials say witnesses and forensic analysis have shown that Officer Wilson did sustain an injury during the struggle in the car.
As Officer Wilson got out of his car, the men were running away. The officer fired his weapon but did not hit anyone, according to law enforcement officials.
The first section is just a repeat of what Ferguson PD has been saying since the beginning, that Wilson and Brown struggled inside the car. Notably, none of the eyewitnesses confirm this story.
However, the second paragraph quoted above makes it very clear that officer Wilson was firing his weapon at Michael Brown as he ran away — in other words, even though law enforcement officials say he didn’t hit Brown or Johnson, he was indeed shooting at Brown’s back.
That’s a confirmation of one of the crucial bits of eyewitness information, and an explanation for the initial reports that Brown was “shot in the back”— because Wilson did try to shoot him in the back. And that’s not supposition any more; it’s the direct word from law enforcement.
Read more at http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/43753...
Direct quote to this comment from officials is noticeably missing in the above as well as in the NYT opinion piece.

More opinion piece posting by Sonic
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1191860 Aug 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me...you and you alone know all the facts leading up to that shooting. Right?
Because you certainly do seem to have very important connections when it comes to knowing everything about anything no one else knows.
Tell us again about how tall he was and how much he weighed; and; oh yeah, he happened be black!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1191861 Aug 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Funny cht pal__he's his fathers son__did you vote for his dad?
His dad laughed at Perry, the Governor of the state he represented and a fellow (R).
He's against all foreign aid! OOpsie! He didn't mean Israel Sheldon, really he didn't.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1191862 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion sources are usually amusing. This time they were just boring talking points.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1191864 Aug 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Funny cht pal__he's his fathers son__did you vote for his dad?
His father is the father of the tea party. I would laugh at Bachmann and Newt also. I would add Santorum.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1191866 Aug 25, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no Warrant Officer Candidate School (WOCS) at Ft. Rucker?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1191867 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, It's obvious that you are very knowledgeable about the military and it's inter workings. Thanks for your service.
Boots on the ground is not a military term. According to The Official Dictionary of Unofficial English it means individuals deployed under a military command. There functions may be anything from spying, ground combat to advisory roles. The first known use of it was General Warner stating that even a light token land force would signal that there is "boots on the ground."

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1191869 Aug 25, 2014
TSM wrote:
Liberals/Democrats I give you the Cherokee woman,’ Sen. Elizabeth Warren's (D) to run for president in 2016 ,do I hear an Amen!!
I have been saying it all along, Lizzy Borden Warren for President. ROTFLMAO.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1191870 Aug 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The attackers were NOT known immediately. Carol is lying again.
Obama Linked Benghazi to Video 3 Days After CIA Eyewitnesses Confirmed No Protest There
December 31, 2012 - 9:44 PM

( CNSNews.com )- Three days after CIA and State Department eyewitnesses reported on Sept. 15 that there had been no protest in Benghazi, Libya, before terrorists attacked the U.S. diplomatic mission and a CIA facility there on Sept. 11, President Barack Obama and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney both publicly linked the attacks, which killed four Americans, to protests against an anti-Muslim video that had been posted on YouTube.

Carney did it at the White House press briefing on Tuesday, Sept. 18, and Obama did it later that same day in a taped interview with David Letterman.

However, according to a new report by the Senate Homeland Security Committee, personnel working at the CIA "Annex" in Benghazi on Sept. 11 reported on Sept. 15 that there had been no protest in Benghazi that day, and State Department security personnel who survived the Benghazi attacks told FBI interviewers on Sept. 15 and Sept. 16 that they, too, had seen no evidence of any protest before the attacks.

At the White House briefing on Sept. 18, Carney said that there was a protest in Benghazi on Sept. 11 against the anti-Muslim YouTube video and that the attacks there were "sparked" by protests. Obama, appearing on David Letterman’s show that same day, instantly referred to the video and called its maker a “shadowy character” when Letterman asked him what had happened in Benghazi.

Also, an internal State Department email exchange on Sept. 18--the same day Carney made his claim at the White House briefing and Obama made his on Letterman—shows that State Department security officers new by that date that there had been no protest in Benghazi on Sept. 11, 2012.

Oblamer's people died

then he lied and lied and lied some more.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1191871 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee wiz. That lie wasn't creative either.

You're slipping.
knightrjag1

Newark, NJ

#1191872 Aug 25, 2014
dad wrote:
I learned that you only have to be half black to be African American.
Can anyone explain that to me?
Use to be you only needed 1 drop of AA blood. There are lot of white people who are black because of that formula. Lot of blacks passing off as white,,,so guess what my racist brother you could be married to a black women and don't even know it. Welcome to the family! LOL

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1191873 Aug 25, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us again about how tall he was and how much he weighed; and; oh yeah, he happened be black!
over 50% of murders are committed by 13% of the population, perhaps you dated some of them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US Media Humiliated, all in 1 day. 1 hr USMedia is Malignant 4
99% of abusers are democrat. 1 hr DemsRMalignant 6
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr texas pete 2,672
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Dudley 64,301
Trump is A 7 hr USAsince1680 150
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 8 hr honeymylove 1,013
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr honeymylove 11,553

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages