Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1581751 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1191726 Aug 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Korean War ended?
Sort of. A cease fire.

Karma said it ended.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1191727 Aug 25, 2014
Never let a murder go to waste...

Mike Brown funeral!

'So, somebody is selling shirts at a FUNERAL..'
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1191728 Aug 25, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>
What? rag tag...JV team of rag tags...O'bama has supplied them with millions and weapons, after all they are the Rebels, who knows O'bama may have given them Asaad's WMDs. Islamic State sells T-shirts, fulfillment is out of Kenya, they have taken over oil fields and are making millions a day. Hillary lost a bunch of money while Sec of State, and then there is the problem that they are Moslems.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191729 Aug 25, 2014
Fox News selectively clipped Attorney General Eric Holder's Ferguson, Missouri, statement on the aftermath of the shooting death of Michael Brown to accuse him of taking sides against the police in the coming Justice Department investigation -- though Holder explicitly noted that, "as a father of a teenage son" and "as the brother of a retired law enforcement officer," he understands both sides.

Days after selectively editing a statement from President Obama to claim the administration is "choosing sides" in Ferguson, Fox tried the same tactic with Holder. The network aired a deceptively clipped portion of Holder's July 21 statement about his visit to the town, which has been the center of national attention since unarmed black teenager Michael Brown was killed by an officer of the St. Louis County Police Department.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/08/25/fox-c...

just the FOX usual. you know, the truth is a bad thing for FOXbots to hear.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1191730 Aug 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. Obama has not supplied them squat. You people are sofa king pathetic. The US did not arm all those fighting against Assad & you are lying for making that claim.
If ISIS sold t-shirts, I am sure you whiners would buy them.
She is one of those people who believes if you repeat a lie often enough, it will be true.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1191731 Aug 25, 2014
..and thats why they are called moonbats!

'CNN is outraged that FOX News ran the story using anonymous sources.
CNN later ran a report refuting the eye socket injury using their own anonymous sources.'

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1191732 Aug 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Have you learned the difference between the deficit and the debt yet babe?
Ask someone from California or Illinois....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191734 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News selectively clipped Attorney General Eric Holder's Ferguson, Missouri, statement on the aftermath of the shooting death of Michael Brown to accuse him of taking sides against the police in the coming Justice Department investigation -- though Holder explicitly noted that, "as a father of a teenage son" and "as the brother of a retired law enforcement officer," he understands both sides.
Days after selectively editing a statement from President Obama to claim the administration is "choosing sides" in Ferguson, Fox tried the same tactic with Holder. The network aired a deceptively clipped portion of Holder's July 21 statement about his visit to the town, which has been the center of national attention since unarmed black teenager Michael Brown was killed by an officer of the St. Louis County Police Department.
thanks for monitoring FoxNews 24/7.......

Hackettstown, NJ

#1191735 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I earned everything I have in life moron, unlike a pusseeccee like you.
From OCS to a battle field commission, I earned it moron, Chickenshits like you have no clue and never will. I'm proud of my service to my country. I'm betting you cannot say that LOSER. You phonies pretend to care about us veterans but only in order to use us, So from me to you and the idiot FORKS ....GFY with my blessings both you punks.
Didn't you get your commission at OCS?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1191736 Aug 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
just one more ghetto thug who met his fate....no loss to anybody......
the news cycle is over.....
But..."representatives " from the White House went to Brown's funeral!

I noticed they used a photo that showed Michael as a little kid at the service. It was probably taken at a time when he wasn't yet completely saturated with mom & pop's hate speeches and that extra dose of puberty's testosterone driven violence.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1191737 Aug 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
CNN now reporting ISIS wanted to swap Foley for 'Lady Al Qaeda.' Does this expand month-long delay in Syria op - pondering a possible deal?
Foley was taken hostage long before "you" ever heard of ISIL.

Suggest you go find a clue.

Location hidden

#1191738 Aug 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Never let a murder go to waste...
Mike Brown funeral!
'So, somebody is selling shirts at a FUNERAL..'
hahahahahahahhaha, classless opportunists, that's for sure.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1191739 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
She is one of those people who believes if you repeat a lie often enough, it will be true.
You could be sued, Liberals/Democrats have the Patent on that Quote and exhibits it Daily one could even say its their Life Line!!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1191740 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Dan Rather

Location hidden

#1191741 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
At it again, I see.

Shaddup, ya mindless plagiarist

Hackettstown, NJ

#1191742 Aug 25, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>They are honoring the Constitution which guarantees due process and a right to a fair trial by your peers.
Since when Galt in favor of out of control cops? You've been whining about them for years.
Out of control cops? So, you have him convicted already? So much for innocent until proven guilty.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1191743 Aug 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You do understand or didn't your 'handlers' tell you that this was a local Fox network affiliate and not Fox News Channel, right? Libtards are SO stupid!!!!
Silly Nilly.

Yes, the suit involved a local Fox affiliate but their case was argued by attorneys were from
Williams & Connolly LLP, Washington, DC, and Gary D. Roberts and Theodore A. Russell of Fox Group Legal Department, Los Angeles, CA.

AND, Five major media outlets filed briefs of Amici Curiae- or friend of FOX to support FOXs position: Belo Corporation, Cox Television, Inc., Gannett Co., Inc., Media General Operations, Inc., and Post-Newsweek Stations, Inc.

Your claim that this was a "local" issue confirms what we already know...you are stupid.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1191744 Aug 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News: Is Calling Michael Brown An 'Unarmed Teen' Playing The Race Card?
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michael...
in FOXworld the truth is always a bad thing. i'm surprised they even mentioned the fact he was unarmed.
What none of us knows is if this 6 foot tall, 300 pound teenager was charging the police officer when he was fired upon in self defense.

The first "eye witness" accounts of him being shot in the back were completely false. Perhaps these same eye witnesses left out or made up other crucial information just to place a shadow over the officer's innocence and put race in the forefront.

If Brown did, in fact, initiate the struggle in the police car, injured the policeman and was perhaps going for his weapon before running away and turning around to charge him head on, it would change the whole narrative. Wouldn't it?

Rushing to judgment has become much too easy in this technological day and age. The facts will be made known soon enough. But we do know he wasn't shot in the back.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1191745 Aug 25, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently you can make it up. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel did in fact attend Major General Harold Greene's funeral.
I do believe Hagel is considered part of the White House......
http://www.stripes.com/maj-gen-harold-greene-...
"Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel attended and met with the family."
Pray tell how is President Obama not attending the Gerneral's funeral any different that President Bush not attending LTG Maude's funeral in 2001?
http://washingtonexaminer.com/twitter-obama-a...
as always conservative refuse to let facts get in the way of their posts and opinions
Bush never sent any people to a store robber's funeral.

Unless you feel a robber has the same stature as an army general.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1191746 Aug 25, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>But..."representa tives" from the White House went to Brown's funeral!
I noticed they used a photo that showed Michael as a little kid at the service. It was probably taken at a time when he wasn't yet completely saturated with mom & pop's hate speeches and that extra dose of puberty's testosterone driven violence.
You attended the funeral? Is that what you're saying?

Name the White House personnel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 15 min ThomasA 23
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Chicagoan by Birth 242,540
The Party of Racism. 2 hr Its The Democrats 2
Only Mother Fu__ers would destroy our statues. 2 hr Out of Potty Expe... 3
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 3 hr Muslims Did IT 42
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Agents of Corruption 63,946
Chicago is much worse since Obama was elected 9 hr check please 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages