Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395027 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191172 Aug 24, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Vietnam was an unwinnable war....even Nixon and Kissenger realized that whiich is why they made a secret deal with North Vietnam just before the 72 election
but yet, your hero LBJ set up 500,000 Americans as targets in Vietnam, while refusing to attack the enemy in its sanctuaries......

far better to have bombed North Vietnam back into the Stone Age.....by any means necessary....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1191173 Aug 24, 2014
"I’m a conservative before I’m a Republican. But before I’m a father or husband, I am a Christian. My politics have to be balanced by my faith. That faith requires me to put faith, hope, mercy, and grace ahead of much, including a lot of short term political gain. And sometimes that requires me to rely on Christ for justice, not the government."
~Erick Erickson, FOX News contributor

Kind of negates Lily's whole premise of wanting more conservatives to be like Erickson.

Lily WANTS Americans to rely on government. Christ doesn't even enter into the picture with progressive liberals. So why would she use him as another way to beat Christians over the head?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1191174 Aug 24, 2014
Obama’s JV team ISIS getting to be Bad A**s, while Obama withers on the Golf course!!
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191175 Aug 24, 2014
ON THE OTHER HAND, WHO AMONG US HASN'T PICKED A WHINY LITTLE INDIAN MAN UP IN A 7-11 AND SHOOK HIM LIKE A NOISY BABY?... DO WE REALLY WANT THOSE FOLKS HERE? I ASK YOU? WHY DON'T WE JUST TURN INTO A NATION OF RABBIT FARMERS AND BE DONE WITH IT?...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191176 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Goldwater suggested using atomic bombs in North Vietnam to defoliate forests and destroy bridges, roads, and railroad lines. That's what you consider a good alternative? Geez
yes...far better than 50,000 dead Americans.....

LBJ used Americans as cannon fodder for his political objectives....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1191177 Aug 24, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Vietnam was an unwinnable war....even Nixon and Kissenger realized that whiich is why they made a secret deal with North Vietnam just before the 72 election
Vietnam was a great success until you libtards gain power and cot off funding to the South Vietnamese. Typical libtards, claim defeat from victory.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191178 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. I see you were very busy last night. Good job. I often wonder what was missing in the childhood of a conservative that prevented them from building a sense of the world they live in.
AND I OFTEN WONDER WHETHER YOU WEAR PANTIES WHEN YOU'RE ONLINE? IT'S PRETTY MUCH ALL I WONDER ABOUT WITH THE POSSIBLE EXCEPTION OF WHY LEO IS NOT SITTING ON MY FACE, GRINDING HER HIPS INTO MY JAWS AT THIS VERY MOMENT?... I RECOGNIZE YOU AREN'T THE JEALOUS TYPE AND I ADMIRE THAT... ON THE OTHER HAND, WOULD IT BE SO HARD TO JUST KISS HER ON THE LIPS ONCE IN A WHILE?... I NEED OCCASIONAL STIMULATION... I'M JUST SAYING... YOU'RE THE ONLY REASON I'M HERE...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1191179 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
please identify the idiot who wrote this piece of garbage....
Mark Sumner Obviously a total libtard moran. These idiots are going to get a lot of Americans killed!!!
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191180 Aug 24, 2014
THANK YOU, INCIDENTALLY... I LOVE YOU TOO...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1191181 Aug 24, 2014
And the only reason I took a lot of heat for strongly supporting the same position as Erickson on feeding and clothing the immigrant children after they were here is because of a lack of understanding on the part of a few other conservatives who didn't understand at the onset that I didn't support their being here in the first place, just like Erickson.

Only the liberal posters wanted them to become automatic American citizens even though they didn't have anywhere to go and no parents to go with them. And even if it would encourage another influx of unaccompanied immigrant children.

Were there any liberals offering to take them in? Seems Obama was just dumping them on cities throughout the country without even giving state officials any notice. As long as they weren't his problem, he didn't have any problem making them someone else's.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1191182 Aug 24, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Flack, you are such a fool. Always have been; always will be.
You notice how all these libtards have all started using this line? They call us parrots!!!! LMAO!!!!!
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191183 Aug 24, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Vietnam was a great success until you libtards gain power and cot off funding to the South Vietnamese. Typical libtards, claim defeat from victory.
UM... ARE WE TALKING THE SAME "VIETNAM?" THE TONKIN GULF ONE? CARPET BOMBING? LAOS? CAMBODIA? THE LOTTERY? THAT VIETNAM????... BOY, YOUR DEFINITION OF 'SUCCESS' IS A "LOT" DIFFERENT THAN MINE...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191184 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Lily WANTS Americans to rely on government. Christ doesn't even enter into the picture with progressive liberals. So why would she use him as another way to beat Christians over the head?
DAMFINO? I WAS PRETTY MUCH GOOD WITH THE LION THINGY WHICH WAS OBVIOUSLY A WIN/WIN...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191185 Aug 24, 2014
UM... LBJ = TEXAN
TEXAN = STOOPID...

WHAT PART OF THIS EQUATION ESCAPES YOU?...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1191186 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the Jews of Europe were right to conclude that they needed a state where they could control their own fate, rather than being at the mercy of bigots like you and Ghost....
however, south Florida might have been a better choice for the establishment of a Jewish state....
Perhaps. At the time it didn't seem like such a horrible idea...providing the Jews with a land of their own but, in hindsight, it has proven to be a failed policy. The world and Jews would be so much better off if they had assimilated. This, "Be more Jewish, or your generation will be to blame for extinguishing the everlasting light" is a pathetic attempt by zionists to hold Jews captive to their political agenda. Wake up and smell the roses.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1191187 Aug 24, 2014
CBS NEWSAugust 22, 2014, 5:27 PM
3D-printed vertebra used in spine surgery

A medical staff member displays a spine model implanted with a 3D-printed artificial axis at Peking University Third Hospital in Beijing, August 14, 2014. REUTERS/JASON LEE

Surgeons in Beijing, China, have successfully implanted an artificial, 3D-printed vertebra replacement in a young boy with bone cancer. They say it is the first time such a procedure has ever been done.

During a five-hour operation, the doctors first removed the tumor located in the second vertebra of 12-year-old Minghao's neck and replaced it with the 3D-printed implant between the first and third vertebrae, CCTV.com reported earlier this month.

"This is the first use of a 3D-printed vertebra as an implant for orthopedic spine surgery in the world," said Dr. Liu Zhongjun, the director of orthopedics at No. 3 Hospital, Peking University, who performed the surgery.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1191188 Aug 24, 2014
White House Defends Obama Golfing: Sports Help Clear The Mind!!

The reason they took this position it’s easier to Defend than his Domestic/Foreign Policies!!
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191189 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
but yet, your hero LBJ set up 500,000 Americans as targets in Vietnam, while refusing to attack the enemy in its sanctuaries......
far better to have bombed North Vietnam back into the Stone Age.....by any means necessary....
WELL... BOMBS PRESUMABLY? BUT... TELL ME WHY WE WERE DOING THAT AT ALL... I FORGET?...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191190 Aug 24, 2014
ALSO, IT WASN'T 500,000 LITTLE BOYS, CHOWDERHEAD... ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COUNT THE HOMELESS TO KNOW THAT... DUH...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1191191 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
how can one "betray" the name of a thug who robs a convenience store????.....
It's amazing to me that someone such as yourself with a closed mind can even put two words together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 min GEORGIA 2,693
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Into The Night 60,069
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min TRD 70,722
Louis trashes the broad. 1 hr bozo and bubba 11
Paul Weston from 12Tribe Films. 1 hr All about muslims 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 102,465
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr boundary painter 1,669
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 216,687
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages