Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395134 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1191152 Aug 24, 2014
A teacher asked her 6th grade class how many of them were Obama fans. Not really knowing what an Obama fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raised their hands except for Little Johnny.

The teacher asked Little Johnny why he has decided to be different ... again. Little Johnny said, "Because I'm not an Obama fan."

The teacher asked, "Why aren't you an Obama fan?"

Johnny said, "Because I'm a Conservative." The teacher asked him why he's a Conservative.

Little Johnny answered, "Well, my Mom's a Conservative and my Dad's a Conservative, so I'm a Conservative."

Annoyed by this answer, the teacher asked, "Well, If your mom was a MO-RON and your dad was an lDlOT, what would that make you?"

Little Johnny's face lit up, "That would make me an Obama fan."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191153 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, like the Nazis, you consider Jews a race? Interesting. Zionism is a political movement.
"'Loyalty to the Zionist state was substituted for loyalty to G-d, and the state was made into the modern "golden calf". Belief in the Torah and fulfillment of religious obligations in Zionist eyes became a private matter and not a duty for every Jew or for the Jewish people. The Zionists made divine law subject to party or parliamentary votes, and they set their own standards of conduct and ethics." (G. Neuburger, The Watcherfiles,com)
the Jews of Europe were right to conclude that they needed a state where they could control their own fate, rather than being at the mercy of bigots like you and Ghost....

however, south Florida might have been a better choice for the establishment of a Jewish state....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191154 Aug 24, 2014
flack wrote:
San Francisco Chronicle reporter Will Kane reports firefighters struggled to control the blaze because of a water main break.
This was the largest quake to hit the Bay Area since the 6.9 magnitude quake hit Loma Prieta in 1989.
Leslie Gordon of the U.S. Geological Survey told the Associated Press the tremor struck at just before 3:30 a.m. Sunday. The epicenter was about six miles southwest of Napa, California, and about 50 miles west-southwest of Sacramento.
Jessica Turner of the U.S. Geological Survey told CBS San Francisco aftershocks of up to 5.0 are likely in the next week. There is only a 5 percent chance of a stronger quake during the next week. Already at least 25 aftershocks have rocked the region.
The USGS said the depth of the earthquake was just less than seven miles.
"A quake of that size in a populated area is of course widely felt throughout that region," Randy Baldwin, a geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey in Golden, Colorado, told the Associated Press. "The 6.0 is a sizeable quake for this area. It's a shallow quake."
Throughout the region, locals have reported the quake was felt as a long, rolling, shaking motion with several peaks of movement lasting for an extended time.
The California Highway Patrol reports some power outages.
The CHP is closing a bridge on Highway 37 in Vallejo while they inspect it for possible damage.
Widespread power outages are impacting Napa, and there are reports of minor damage across the region, mainly items falling off kitchen shelves and stores with broken bottles.
Callers to local radio stations and locals checking in on social media reported a significant shaking motion in the city of Napa, lasting for an extended time.
People as far away as the South Bay and Davis reported being woken up by the quake, which was centered 6.7 miles beneath Earth's surface.
Sonoma County also reported significant effects from the quake. The shaking was especially strong there because of the nature of the land being on alluvial gravel, sand and silt deposits, reports CBS San Francisco.
"Now that was a real earthquake," exclaimed San Francisco Sunset district resident Matt Wandell.
californiaquakelocator.jpg
Location of magnitude 6 earthquake in California on August 24, 2014 CBS NEWS
The White House said President Obama, who is returning from an often-interrupted two-week vacation today, has been briefed on the earthquake. A White House spokesperson said, "federal officials are in touch with state and local responders and the President will continue to receive updates."
the Napa earthquake was relatively minor....
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1191155 Aug 24, 2014
Boca Loca wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing false is your on here is your claim to be sober.
Lord Dumbwaiter doth appear ...your call is important....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1191156 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if Goldwater had won in 1964, far fewer Americans would have died in Vietnam.....
Seriously? Goldwater suggested using atomic bombs in North Vietnam to defoliate forests and destroy bridges, roads, and railroad lines. That's what you consider a good alternative? Geez
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191157 Aug 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Stop freaking out about ISIS
Now that Ferguson, Missouri, is not producing enough tear gas to keep CNN's attention, I couldn't help but notice Chuck Hagel bouncing in his chair, talking about how ISIS is a greater peril than anything mankind has faced since the saber-toothed tiger. Somewhere, just off screen, John McCain is preparing two lists: people we should have bombed, and people we should bomb now. There's a big CNN fear graphic on the screen right this moment asking "Does ISIS have cells in the US?" There's a queue extending out into the parking lot of politicos waiting their turn to shake a finger at President Obama for not rushing back to the White House to deal with this Urgent Threat of Unprecedented Proportion. While wearing a tie. As God intended.
You know how much threat ISIS represents to the United States? None. That's how much. Exactly none. If there was a value less than none, then it would be that, but there's not, so none is the answer.
You know what does represent a threat to the the United States, a bona fide danger to our continued existence as the land of the semi-free and occasionally bravish? Acting as if every person who says they want to turn the United States into dictatorial hell hole, is capable of making the United States their bitch. ISIS is a ragtag organization on the far side of the world, armed mostly with the discards we either sold to the last set of thugs (note: proper use of the term) who used the gear to cow their relatives, or the stuff we left sitting around because bringing the old stuff back threatened all those contracts for building new stuff. ISIS could no more threaten the United States than Lindsey Graham could punch God in the nose. The existential threat level is green. Or at least, it should be.
As the Deputy Undersecretary of Pogo might say, we have determined the source of the threat, and we're it.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/24/1323...
please identify the idiot who wrote this piece of garbage....
Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1191158 Aug 24, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
well except for bringing justice to the man responsible for over 3,000 American deaths and serving notice that we will hunt you down and kill you if you attack United States citizens
you're just pissed because President Obama did what President Dumbya couldn't
Wouldn't it have been better to kill Bin Laden "before" the 3,000 deaths?
I'm pissed because slick willie Clinton had the chance to do more, including killing Bin Laded but was too busy with his willie, leaving Bush to deal with Clinton's mess.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1191159 Aug 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
UM... NO... HE'S PROBABLY JUST TRYIN' NOT TO GET SHOT LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE...
Best advice for Jackson….Stay out of Chicago!
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191160 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if Goldwater had won in 1964, far fewer Americans would have died in Vietnam.....
UM... HUH? WHY DID "ANY" AMERICANS DIE IN VIETNAM, PRAY TELL?...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191161 Aug 24, 2014
YOU KILLED 60,000 OF OURS... AND THREE OR FOUR MILLION OF THEIRS... THEY'RE STILL DYING... BARRY GOLDWATER FIX THAT TOO?... NO? PECKERWOOD... WHAT GOOD IS HE?...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191162 Aug 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
all you have to do is watch FOX for one evening to figure out that it's very far from outdated. or if you'd rather...go over to FOX Nation and read the comments about Ferguson. racism personified.
thanks for the FoxNews update, asshat.....

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1191163 Aug 24, 2014
flack wrote:
It absolutely amazes me how racist these libtards are but they have no clue. You would think one libtard would see the racism in another libtard. Truly astounding!!!!!! The funny part is they have no clue how racist they really are!!!! Oh, and bigots also. Big bigots!!!!
Flack, you are such a fool. Always have been; always will be.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1191164 Aug 24, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
sonicfilter
Indianapolis, IN
9 min ago
FOX contributor Erick Erickson....
I Increasingly Find Conflict Between My Faith and Some Conservative Discourse
Were I to recreate this site, I think it would have no comments section. Disqus is just horrible. I do not recommend it to anyone. And it just helps further what I see on so much social media these days. As much as the internet can bring people together of like mind, it also can help shrill minorities of people think their views are more mainstream than they are. That then emboldens them further.
I am heartened by this post; I hope the other false Christians on here read and think.
Many Christians, including myself, felt the same way about the immigrant children as Erick Erickson. He, too wanted expedited deportations and a secure border. But wanted to make sure the children, some victims of human trafficking, were taken care of, fed, and comforted."

I took a lot of heat for strongly supporting that same position on here.

Erickson was speaking from a Christian conservative's point of view.

He also wrote, "I’m a conservative before I’m a Republican. But before I’m a father or husband, I am a Christian. My politics have to be balanced by my faith. That faith requires me to put faith, hope, mercy, and grace ahead of much, including a lot of short term political gain. And sometimes that requires me to rely on Christ for justice, not the government."

Not all conservatives and Republicans are Christians. Just like not all Democrat liberals are atheists.

More Democrat liberals want to rely on the government instead of Christ...as Erickson pointed out since, as a Christian conservative, he could not do. Neither can I. Neither can many non-Christian conservatives.

As a liberal democrat, can you? Most democrats, Christian or not, seem to have no problem with it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191165 Aug 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
HMMM. So you are saying because Sharpton referred to Brown as a "gentle giant" he is a voice for the looters? You seem to be wearing colored blinders. How conveniently you ignored the FACT that he told them being violent was a betrayal to Brown's name. THAT is not the voice of a looter.
I don't like Al Sharpton but, unlike you, I don't let my personal opinion of the man warp my brain to the point where I can't see straight. You really need to see someone about your anger issues.
how can one "betray" the name of a thug who robs a convenience store????.....
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191166 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It only proves we were paying the Pakistanis big sums of money to keep him and his concubines hidden in plain sight.
And the Pakistani doctor who helped play a major role in finding him was put away and forgotten about by this administration.
There was no political advantage in putting pressure on the Pakistanis to free him. While Obama took all the credit for the decade long effort to find and kill bin Laden.
All he had to do was give the go ahead once the long search that began under Bush had ended. Anyone could have done that.
What took courage was making the tough decisions that led to his discovery. Obama doesn't "do" tough decisions. Except which golf course to grace his presence on any given day.
UM.... NO... NOPE... THAT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE, DEAR... OH, NEVER MIND...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191167 Aug 24, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
well except for bringing justice to the man responsible for over 3,000 American deaths and serving notice that we will hunt you down and kill you if you attack United States citizens
you're just pissed because President Obama did what President Dumbya couldn't
the idea that the death of one man in any way provides comfort to the victims of 9/11 is absurd.....

the enemy responsible for 9/11 is radical Islam, not bin Laden....

and radical Islam is alive and well....
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191168 Aug 24, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Flack, you are such a fool. Always have been; always will be.
YOU KNOW I'M HOPELESSLY IN LOVE WITH YOU, RIGHT? WOULD IT KILL YOU TO SHOW A LITTLE SIDE-BOOB OR SOMETHING? I NEED INSPIRATION HERE...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1191169 Aug 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
UH-HUH... UM... WHAT'RE "YOU" WEARIN'? COULD YOU AT LEAST "TRY" AND CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING SEXY TO MY LIFE???? A DOG? REALLY?.... YOU'RE MAKIN' US LOOK BAD...
Good morning. I see you were very busy last night. Good job. I often wonder what was missing in the childhood of a conservative that prevented them from building a sense of the world they live in.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1191170 Aug 24, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, as Media Matters for America documented, the Gorelick memo merely clarified long-unwritten restrictions on the sharing of information between the FBI's intelligence arm and the Justice Department's criminal division, and had no impact on communications between the FBI and the CIA, the Department of Defense, or any other agencies. Former Attorney General John Ashcroft stated in his testimony before the 9-11 Commission that the Gorelick memo provided the "basic architecture" for the 1995 guidelines established by Reno, which formalized rules for intelligence sharing that were already in place. And as the 1995 guidelines clearly state, the Gorelick memo and the guidelines applied only to intelligence sharing "between the FBI and the Criminal Division" within the Justice Department, not between the Justice Department and any other agency such as the CIA:
http://mediamatters.org/research/2009/01/14/o...
Media Matters is part of the problem. Just like you. Find a more credible and honest source.

Look up "Clinton under fire for taking illegal donations from Chinese" and the timing of that to the "wall" going up between the FBI and the CIA.

Let me know what you find.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191171 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
how can one "betray" the name of a thug who robs a convenience store????.....
WELL... ONE COULD SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD SEVERAL TIMES I SUPPOSE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,715
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Into The Night 60,091
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,727
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 102,473
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 8,885
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,142
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1,115
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages