Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1744862 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1191794 Aug 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the second shot to the head was the only thing that stopped the gentle giant.....
Have you already seen the forensics and toxicology reports?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1191795 Aug 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Homer has finally slipped over the line into insanity!!!!!
Well if that be the case he is apparently attempting to communicate with idiots like you.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1191796 Aug 25, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The real parasites are people like you who benefit from the government keeping air and water clean, the roads you drive on safe and make sure that the food you eat doesn't make you sick or kill you but piss and moan when you have to pay for it.
Dupie believes in the Gold Standard of Government; Government as our Golden Calf.

Rational folks view it as a necessary evil.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1191797 Aug 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime starting on his second 12 of pisswater!!!!
Spent the morning at ISC Flacko__a place you can only dream of/drink to.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1191798 Aug 25, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If Brown were white(I know that's a little funny) you'd be screaming about 'militarized' police thugs and their overuse of power.
Black cop shoots unarmed white man in Utah. Apparently not newsworthy. Although people have been concerned with militarized police for a while, no screaming here.

http://kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1191799 Aug 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>IRAQ
So Wait, How Many US Troops Are Now In Iraq? And What Are They Doing?
Tweet
By Kayla Ruble
July 1, 2014 | 7:10 pm
President Barack Obama ordered up an additional 200 American military troops for deployment in Iraq on Monday, where they will be tasked with helping secure the US Embassy ae Baghdad International Airport. This latest move to increase US military presence in Iraq comes as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) continues capturing territory in the country, and will bring the total number of US troops on the ground nationwide to 750.
Trying to figure out where those 750 are at any given moment, and what they're doing while they're there, is not easy.
"This force is deploying for the purpose of protecting US citizens and property, if necessary, and is equipped for combat," Obama said in a letter addressed to the US House of Representatives on Monday. "This force will remain in Iraq until the security situation becomes such that it is no longer needed."
This is who is fighting in Iraq and why. Read more here.
According to the Pentagon, the troops arrived on Sunday along with a detachment of helicopters and drones. They will integrate with troops sent in recent weeks to help protect the US embassy and personnel already in the area.
“The presence of these additional forces will help enable the embassy to continue its critical diplomatic mission and work with Iraq on challenges they are facing,” Rear Admiral John Kirby, a spokesman for the Pentagon, said in a statement.
'They will be very good at improving the immediate tactical proficiency of some of the Iraqi military, but they will be less prepared to address the longterm health of the Iraqi army.'
In a separate authorization, Obama also gave the green light for up to 300 personnel to take part in an advisory mission aimed at establishing two joint operations centers and providing support to Iraqi security forces in their battle against ISIS.
The Pentagon reported that a first joint operations center was opened in Baghdad on June 26 with the help of 90 American troops.
Just because someone tweets the word "troops" doesn't mean that we have "boots on the ground". The military has referred to these deployments as "forces", not "troops".

"What he’s (Obama) ruled out is reintroducing U.S. forces into combat on the ground in Iraq." Ben Rhodes, the deputy national security adviser, August 13, 2014

Lapeer, MI

#1191801 Aug 25, 2014
LOL wrote:
Maureen Dowd, NYT
FORE! Score? And seven trillion rounds ago, our forecaddies brought forth on this continent a new playground, conceived by Robert Trent Jones, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal when it comes to spending as much time on the links as possible — even when it seems totally inappropriate, like moments after making a solemn statement condemning the grisly murder of a 40-year-old American journalist beheaded by ISIL.
*Hey libs when Maureen Dowd says the president "plays to much" then maybe you should reconsider your indefensible position on Barry's golf adventures...
The worms are turning...:-)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191802 Aug 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
so, how many hours each day do you watch FoxNews????....
zero.

Media Matters has all the video that pertains to FOX stupidity. and the really stupid stuff usually ends up on the news sites. example.....

Fox News Wonders If Calling Michael Brown An 'Unarmed Teen' Is Biased

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/25/fox-...

seems bias is not instantly letting Wilson off the hook.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1191803 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because someone tweets the word "troops" doesn't mean that we have "boots on the ground". The military has referred to these deployments as "forces", not "troops".
"What he’s (Obama) ruled out is reintroducing U.S. forces into combat on the ground in Iraq." Ben Rhodes, the deputy national security adviser, August 13, 2014
You are exactly right USA whatever forces that are there aren't there in a combat role. But if attacked they have the proper training and arms to defend. Flack and most all of the righties on here are fanatical in nature and look for any and everything to paint the President in a bad light. But basically they end up showing their own ignorance and hatred.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191804 Aug 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan Rather was fired for lying.....good riddance.....
still doesn't change the fact that Bush avoided service in Vietnam because he was an idiot.

Lapeer, MI

#1191805 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And JFK's thousands of "military advisers" in Vietnam were also not considered "boots on the ground".

You are getting really silly here, Babee:-)
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1191806 Aug 25, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>2 shots to the head overkill or murder, you decide.
sometimes two just ain't enough...

'Georgia mom shoots home intruder in the face five times with a .38-caliber revolver
The wounded intruder, identified as Paul Ali Slater, stumbled out of the Loganville, Ga. home, attempting to flee in his car, but crashed into a nearby wooded area.'

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/geor...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1191807 Aug 25, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If Brown were white(I know that's a little funny) you'd be screaming about 'militarized' police thugs and their overuse of power.
Last weekend a 22 year old young lady who was visiting Orlando with friends for the weekend was killed by a stray OPD round. Another young person, Kody Roach had been kicked out of a respectable downtown club when he became unruly__he returned with a stolen 40 cal pistol and began waving it around. It was unloaded__but who can tell__two officers approached the crazed white mofo and one tried to tase him but his shirt blocked the darts and the other officer opened fire hitting Roach multiple times.

Ricochet's killed the young lady and wounded an OPD Lt.

She was just out with her friends having some fun.

The young lady's family will win the insurance lottery while Kody Roach, who survived, will go to trial where his parents will explain what a nice young boy he is__when he's not drinking.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1191808 Aug 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I earned everything I have in life moron, unlike a pusseeccee like you.
From OCS to a battle field commission, I earned it moron, Chickenshits like you have no clue and never will. I'm proud of my service to my country. I'm betting you cannot say that LOSER. You phonies pretend to care about us veterans but only in order to use us, So from me to you and the idiot FORKS ....GFY with my blessings both you punks.
"poop"
Please clear up something. You did attend OCS classes? You flunked out of OCS? You became a corporal captain die to battlefield valor? Which is it;
OCS?
Battlefield commission?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191809 Aug 25, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess being Glue to MSNBC you became Immune to Racist Remark from the Likes of Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews, etc.!! The channel that only Idiots/Racist Watch!!
LOL

O’Reilly on Ferguson Coverage: MSNBC Hosts ‘Terrified of Being Labeled Racist’

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oreilly-on-ferguso...

seems Bill would prefer they be as racist as FOX.

Lapeer, MI

#1191810 Aug 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the second shot to the head was the only thing that stopped the gentle giant.....
I wonder if the Fatass Panda Brown understood just how dangerous cigar-smoking was to his health?

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1191811 Aug 25, 2014
How Rand Paul spends his vacation or break.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/rand-pa...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1191812 Aug 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another sign of the dumbing down of America. People are no longer interested in the truth. They just want to be entertained.
You think any of the cast members / fans of 'Jersey Shore' voted for Mitt Romney?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191813 Aug 25, 2014
Darren Wilson’s 1st Police Force Shut Down by Racial Tension

Relations were so tense between white officers and black residents in Jennings, Mo., that the city council scrapped the department and hired a whole new force.

Three years ago, a small police department in Jennings, Mo., was so bedeviled by racial strife between its white officers and black residents that the city council fired the whole force and built a new one, the Washington Post reports.

One of the fired officers was Darren Wilson, 28, accused of shooting 18-year-old Michael Brown nearly two weeks ago on a hazy Saturday afternoon outside the youth’s housing complex in Ferguson, Mo., a predominantly black community.

In a step up from Jennings, Wilson, who is white, was hired three years ago by the Ferguson Police Department as a patrol officer. Indeed, Wilson, whose life has been marked by familial discord, including a recent split from his wife, hoped to find some semblance of normalcy working as a police officer, sources tell the Post.

“What he found in Jennings, however, was a mainly white department mired in controversy and notorious for its fraught relationship with residents, especially the African American majority,” the Washington Post writes.“It was not an ideal place to learn how to police."

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2014/...

Lapeer, MI

#1191814 Aug 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Brown funeral orator claims the gentle giant was a Christian missionary and martyr....
And the Trayvon Hoodie Crowd showed up, too. That church was a den of thieves.

Misery, Racist Pigs and Looters love company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is A 5 hr Retired SOF 574
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr Anonymous 72,073
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 3,265
last post wins! (Apr '13) 7 hr They cannot kill ... 2,838
ms 13 7 hr DEAD SERIOUS 7
Narcississtic Pissant Teens Wanna Ban the AR-15 9 hr Libertarian 16
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 10 hr Libertarian 141

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages