Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509157 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191080 Aug 24, 2014
AND... IT OCCURS TO ME... LESS TOO...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191081 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Two quotes by MLK back up what you just said.
"Darkness is only driven out with light, not more darkness." ó Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.
It's about the black community recognizing its own problems and helping themselves rise above it.
MLK's words are not what the Sharpton and Jackson inciters of hate are saying but what other voices in the black community are saying who understand the damage the Sharptons and Jacksons are doing.
It doesn't help that Holder and Obama, our nation's top leaders, seem to stand closer to the Sharptons and Jacksons than the other voices of reason.
Another indication that progress is being made was found in the recent presidential election in the United States. The American people revealed great maturity by overwhelmingly rejecting a presidential candidate who had become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression. The voters of our nation rendered a telling blow to the radical right. They defeated those elements in our society which seek to pit white against Negro and lead the nation down a dangerous Fascist path.

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/...

i'd say he recognized the true problem.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1191082 Aug 24, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you omit certain facts
The Clinton admistration wanted to brief Bush's national security team on what they considered the biggest threat, Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda. of course the ideologes in the Bush administration knew better and refuse to hear the brief.
AG Ashcroft the evangelical shifted theFBI's focus from counter terrorism to the bigger threat facing America, drugs and prostitution. In fact on 9/10/01 40 FBI agents were staking out a whore house in New Orleans
FBI headquarters refused to allow FBI agents to follow up on suspicious behavior by Arabic men at flight school in Arizona. Seems they were only interested in flight operations after take-off and ignored landing instruction.
FBI headquarters refused to allow an agent to follow up on Zacarias Moussaoui investigation and refused to allow her to get a warrant to search his computer, sommething that would have revealed the 9/11 plot
Condi Rice was to get her first briefing by Richard Clarke, the terrorist czar on 9/12/2001 on the threat posed by al Qaeda.
Richard Clarke position was demoted from a primary advisor to a secondary by the Bush Administration
The CIA warned the Bush administration of potential attacks on the U.S. by al Qaeda in June 2001
While on a 30 day vacation after ony 6 months in office, the President received a briefing about Osama bin Laden determination to attack the U.S. on U.S. soil. Bush did nothing, well except for continuing his vacation
The "wall" that went up between the FBI and the CIA which the Commissioner's Report blamed as a large part of what led to 9/11 was built during the Clinton administration. It's a long story, but you can do the research yourself as to why that "wall" became necessary to protect Clinton from illegal donations.

Bush tore down the wall after 9/11 and communications between these two agencies were much stronger and more effective in preventing another 9/11.

But with every post, you prove you're part of the problem.
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191083 Aug 24, 2014
CAROL, I PRETTY SURE THE BLACK COMMUNITY RECOGNIZES ITS OWN PROBLEMS... THEY CALLED "THE WHITE COMMUNITY".... YOUR PROBLEM BEGINS HERE, DEAR...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191084 Aug 24, 2014
flack wrote:
Go and lay on the grass. Take a deep breath, and look up at the sky.
Now realize that you are stuck to a rock 12,756 km wide. This rock is spinning at a rate of 460 m per second and orbiting a giant ball of fire at a speed of 30 km per second. Our entire solar system is orbiting a giant black hole at 220 km per second.
'BLACK' YOU SAY?
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191085 Aug 24, 2014
CAUSE A LOT OF 'EM JUS' DARK BROWN?... "BLACK" A MISNOMER....
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191086 Aug 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. The truth about these scandals were intentionally hidden with lies and deception for political advantage in lieu of democrats' sending liberals on witch hunts and creating invisible wars - gender, class, race - while blaming the opposition to divide and conquer.
Some liberals were just obediently chasing squirrels. But most went on witch hunts following the lead of those in high places who were behind them.
Win at all costs and by any means necessary. Lie...cheat...steal...witch hunts...whatever...
You're on the wrong side if you think this is the right approach to effective and honest governance.
WHEW!.... JUST.. WHEW!... WHAT ELSE CAN ONE SAY?....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191087 Aug 24, 2014
San Bernadino police officer Gabriel Garcia did NOT fire first when he encountered a group of five Latinos creating a disturbance at 2 am......

now, Garcia is in a medically induced coma.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191088 Aug 24, 2014
FOX contributor Erick Erickson....

I Increasingly Find Conflict Between My Faith and Some Conservative Discourse

Were I to recreate this site, I think it would have no comments section. Disqus is just horrible. I do not recommend it to anyone. And it just helps further what I see on so much social media these days. As much as the internet can bring people together of like mind, it also can help shrill minorities of people think their views are more mainstream than they are. That then emboldens them further.

In the past several months there have been three incidents that have solidified for me that my faith and my politics are starting to collide. While I am a firm believer in the idea of a conservative populism, I see a dangerous trend within the mix of unfortunate shrillness and hostility. That trend is playing out in the comments here at RedState and on social media.

To start, Christian conservatives were roundly assailed by other conservatives for daring to provide aid and comfort to children whose parents had shipped them across the border. Some could not distinguish between giving a child a teddy bear and supporting Mexican drug cartels. It was all one or all the other. In fact, many Christians, myself included, want expedited deportations and a secure border. But we also want to make sure the children, some victims of human trafficking, were taken care of, fed, and comforted.

But to some on the right, that is aiding law breakers. The anger and hysteria directed at conservatives engaged in private charity had all the makings of a leftist police state making us care about how we choose to spend our own money.

The second was bringing Dr. Brantly and his co-worker back to the United States. The number of angry calls into my radio program from well meaning conservatives, comments across social media, opinion columns, agreement thereto, etc. really boggled my mind. Here are two Americans risking their lives to help others and we are supposed to turn our back on them, leave them there, or criticize their decision to go in the first place? Thatís not the America I know or love. The level of outright anger, fear, and bitterness over the decision to take care of American citizens and the lack of knowledge and understanding that formed the foundation for the anger, fear, and bitterness really left me wondering what is going on.

The last is the present situation in Ferguson, MO. The rush to win a fight and lay blame instead of mourning a loss and praying for a situation just leaves me perplexed. The rush to ďchange the narrativeĒ with bad facts to replace bad facts by some folks who keep the ichthys on their car unsettles me.

Iím a conservative before Iím a Republican. I was once even an elected Republican. But before Iím a father or husband, I am a Christian. My politics have to be balanced by my faith. That faith requires me to put faith, hope, mercy, and grace ahead of much, including a lot of short term political gain. And sometimes that requires me to rely on Christ for justice, not the government.

.... I think as we descend into more cultural and societal chaos on the road to the last day, it will be more and more important for those of us in politics to decide which comes first, faith or politics. They can be balanced. I try, sometimes fail, but keep trying. A growing number of people on the right are no longer trying to balance. They are either going completely out of the public square, or all in without Christ in their heart or on their tongue thinking they can just visit him on Sunday.

We should find balance. We may fail, but we should keep trying. We should not recede from the public square and a growing number of conservatives are showing more willingness to drive from the public square those who urge greater measures of Christian grace and charity than they prefer.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/08/21/my-faith-a...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191089 Aug 24, 2014
YOU KNOW, CAROL... THOSE GODDAM BABY SEALS STARTED ALLLLLL THE TROUBLE... CUTE L'IL BASTARDS... TERRORISTS I CALL 'EM... ON THEIR HEADS BE IT...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191090 Aug 24, 2014
OVER TO YOU, CHET...
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191091 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
San Bernadino police officer Gabriel Garcia did NOT fire first when he encountered a group of five Latinos creating a disturbance at 2 am......
now, Garcia is in a medically induced coma.....
HOW'S HIS INSURANCE?...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191092 Aug 24, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A surveillance video of the Fatass Gentle Giant robbing and assaulting a clerk inside of a Party Store means nothing to rioting, looting blacks but now they insist a videocam placed on every cop?
Black Racism is hypocritical enough already so why would you want to increase the hypocrisy even more further lowering black community credibility with Americans?
If those videocams begin showing black crime in an even clearer, brighter light, what then? Insist that they be removed?
Gotcha.
the best way to reduce crime would be to require black teenagers to wear body cameras......

and GPS ankle monitors....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1191093 Aug 24, 2014
Dinesh D'Souza Manages To Compare Ferguson Protesters To ISIS

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/dinesh-...

"Occam's Razor not used here: D'Souza was completely unable to equate Michael Brown with James Foley, as both victims of an arrogant, powerful clique of armed, costumed cultists entranced with the impunity of state power."
THE DEVIL

Providence, UT

#1191094 Aug 24, 2014
HOW WE KNOW HE NOT JUS' ANOTHER FREE-LOADER?... PROLLY NOT EVEN PAY A DOLLA TOWARDS HIS OWN MEDICALLY INDUCED COMA... MUSLIM SLIME...
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#1191095 Aug 24, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
CAN YOU IMAGINE THE MILKY WHITE DISCHARGE COMIN' OUT OF THE BUSH GIRLS? GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT THEY GOT INTO?... MOTLEY CRUD? FLACK'S FAVORITE? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... WHAT'S A L'IL HEPATITIS AMONG FRIENDS?...
No I I can't imagine that. The reason why I can't is that they are clean. Unlike you guys who will screw a hole in a tree those girls are not like that. Most I'd say is 98% of white women are not like that but I would say 98% of black women are like that.. I mean look at most black women... Highest percentage of aids is black... STD's.... Black again... Fatherless children.... Again... Black.... I mean you idiots are your own worst enemy

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1191096 Aug 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
But Carol, you never blame anything on the Bush Catastrophe.
What's there to blame? He went to Congress to get the authority to go into Iraq and take down Saddam and 111 Democrats stood firmly behind him having the same Intel everyone had.

The reaction from the insurgents and al Qaeda claiming Iraq the frontlines was not anticipated by Bush or the Democrats. So, if you want to find fault, there it is...neither party having a crystal ball.

But Obama can't claim we're leaving behind a "stabilized Iraq" when he withdrew all troops prematurely to tell his base he got us out of Iraq in a presidential campaign, and Biden can't claim Iraq was "one of Obama's greatest achievements" and then blame Bush for ISIL. Everything that was gained in Iraq is now lost because this administration ignored the threat for almost a year.

You never blame anything on the Obama Catastrophes.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1191098 Aug 24, 2014
CBS NEWSAugust 24, 2014, 7:07 AM
Large earthquake rattles San Francisco Bay Area
Last Updated Aug 24, 2014 11:20 AM EDT

A preliminary magnitude 6.0 earthquake rocked the San Francisco Bay Area early Sunday morning, centered in the Napa County town of American Canyon, but felt across Northern California.

The Napa County region is reporting the worst damage so far, reports CBS San Francisco. Dozens of aftershocks in the area have been reported since the quake initially struck overnight.

Officials there so far have reported dozens of injuries. Reuters reports at least two of them were serious, although details are still coming in.

One hospital in the Bay Area reports it has treated more than 70 patients so far injured by the quake.

Vanessa DeGier, spokeswoman for Queen of the Valley hospital in Napa, told the Associated Press most of those were treated for cuts, bumps and bruises. She said the facility has treated a hip fracture and heart attack, but it's unclear if it was related to the tremor.

The Napa city government told Reuters there were 50 gas main breaks and 30 water main leaks. It is not clear yet how bad the damage from the water main breaks has been. Locals have told CBS San Francisco in some neighborhoods the smell of gas persists.

Napa City Councilmember Peter Mott reports the library and the historic Chinese laundry building suffered significant damage, and bricks and glass are scattered across downtown sidewalks on Second and Third Streets. There are also reports of damage to numerous other buildings in the area.

At least two homes in Napa were still on fire after a mobile home park was set ablaze after the quake.

"There's collapses, fires," Napa Fire Capt. Doug Bridewell told the Associated Press. "That's the worst shaking I've ever been in."

Bridewell, who said he had to climb over fallen furniture in his own home to check on his family before reporting to duty, said he was starting to see more reports of injuries.

At least four homes in the mobile home park in Napa have burned down, and two more are believed to still be on fire.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1191099 Aug 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wait! So now ISIS took ground in Syria?
Is this like.... zionist taking ground in Palestine and calling it Israel?
no.....

and ISIS is in Syria at the invitation of Baraq Hussein Obama, a Muslim brother....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1191100 Aug 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
just like saying you love blacks but hate Negroes...or vice versa.....
So, like the Nazis, you consider Jews a race? Interesting. Zionism is a political movement.

"'Loyalty to the Zionist state was substituted for loyalty to G-d, and the state was made into the modern "golden calf". Belief in the Torah and fulfillment of religious obligations in Zionist eyes became a private matter and not a duty for every Jew or for the Jewish people. The Zionists made divine law subject to party or parliamentary votes, and they set their own standards of conduct and ethics." (G. Neuburger, The Watcherfiles,com)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr believed 239,570
Obama has LEAK under sink. 8 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 8 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 8 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 8 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages