Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1262073 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1189889 Aug 21, 2014
Jessup wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the intent of the law has been perverted by the corrupt politicians. Examples: IRS scandal, NSA scandal, DHS scandal, HHS scandal, VA scandal,.....so many other cases I won't list but you get my point.
can you do anything but parrot media soundbytes?
Jessup

United States

#1189890 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you a big fan of hers?
I wouldn't say a big fan I was a bigger fan of Sam Nunn (D) GA but he's retired a long time ago.

Your point?
Ray Donovan

Middlefield, CT

#1189891 Aug 21, 2014
Jessup wrote:
<quoted text>

Why are you guys so intimidated by FOX?
Remember this?

Guardian columnist Daniel Davies, states “I am genuinely scared” of Fox.” And it demonstrates intolerance of conflicting opinion when he writes,“In order to have even a semblance of control, you need a tough legal framework.”

The desire to see Fox News shut down is also demonstrated in ¨Journolist¨ messages from Jonathan Zasloff, a law professor at UCLA, when he asks why the “FCC couldn’t simply pull their [Fox] broadcasting permit once it expires.”

The back and forth between the ¨Journolist¨ members establishes fear, intolerance, and desire to see Fox News gone. The discussion also raises the question of why one news station that is not slanted leftward gets these journalists so upset.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/journolis...
Jessup

United States

#1189892 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
what IRS scandal? you mean them doing their job?
Hardly, when you have a department head targeting groups she doesn't like politically then she pleads the 5th...when she was in the FEC she also abused her position so there's a clear pattern to follow with Lois Lerner. Also possible destruction of government property since her hard drive was lost after all, lol.
Jessup

United States

#1189893 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
how isn't FOX a propaganda machine? coulter admitted it was...
Ann Coulter is a abrasive caustic loud mouth. Not that she hasn't made a few good points like pointing blatant hypocrisy in politicians.
Jessup

United States

#1189894 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
can you do anything but parrot media soundbytes?
Cute polly but I'm not the parrot in this game!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1189895 Aug 21, 2014
Jessup wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't say a big fan I was a bigger fan of Sam Nunn (D) GA but he's retired a long time ago.
Your point?
then why are you quotinG her?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1189896 Aug 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer's feeble attempts at comedy are just about as funny as Obama trying to act like a President.....
you should see him with 2 Ho Ho's in his nose, the life of the party.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1189897 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>relevance to anything discussed? as i stated, they (we) need to be the cop in many ways....as history has shown..what part of that don't you undestand?
You came in late in this discussion, so I'll let it go. You seem to be not understanding the subject of the responsibility of the federal government and the use of the taxes it collects. I've been saying all along the government needs to be the cop, that's their function. I completely understand and agree. RealDave, the initiator of the subject, was going in another direction.
Jessup

United States

#1189898 Aug 21, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember this?
Guardian columnist Daniel Davies, states “I am genuinely scared” of Fox.” And it demonstrates intolerance of conflicting opinion when he writes,“In order to have even a semblance of control, you need a tough legal framework.”
The desire to see Fox News shut down is also demonstrated in ¨Journolist¨ messages from Jonathan Zasloff, a law professor at UCLA, when he asks why the “FCC couldn’t simply pull their [Fox] broadcasting permit once it expires.”
The back and forth between the ¨Journolist¨ members establishes fear, intolerance, and desire to see Fox News gone. The discussion also raises the question of why one news station that is not slanted leftward gets these journalists so upset.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/journolis...
Bingo you get a GOLD STAR. All networks slant news to some degree or the other the issue with FOX is only one thing it has a conservative slant some of it's pundits are more traditional in their views which isn't allowed in the media frenzy of liberalism.

One thing I can agree with on FOX is Roger Ailes gives the liberal point of view on his network.
Juan Williams is a liberal who was fired from NPR for daring to speak his opinion which didn't fit the normal liberal view but FOX hired him and he is thriving at FOX. Howard Kurtz another liberal who was fired from Huffington Post was hired by FOX and host his own show. Kristen Powers and several others are on a daily basis to express their viewpoints. Bob Beckel a liberal is a co-host of The Five on FOX.

FOX does represent the liberal point of view in many programs. Shepard Smith is liberal and his quick trigger 'mouth' has gotten him in trouble more than once, lol.

MSNBC is a joke and I can't imagine a serious person relying on anything they say or do without taking the time to verify the story yourself.

Bordentown, NJ

#1189899 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>He was a soldier. why would you have left him behind..one of your own, supposedly..don't tell me you are like mdbuilder...
I wouldn't leave an American citizen behind. That's as far as it goes.
Jessup

United States

#1189900 Aug 21, 2014
Jessup wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly, when you have a department head targeting groups she doesn't like politically then she pleads the 5th...when she was in the FEC she also abused her position so there's a clear pattern to follow with Lois Lerner. Also possible destruction of government property since her hard drive was lost after all, lol.
Got ahead of myself posting phrase should have read "drive wasn't lost after all".

Bordentown, NJ

#1189901 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
All people involved said it was a time sensitive deal... it would not have happened if the normal channels were taken..
take charge, do what needs to be done..that Is LeadERshIP.
Time sensitive? How long has he been in custody?

Hitler took charge and did what was needed to be done. Mussolini too.:-)
Jessup

United States

#1189902 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
then why are you quotinG her?
Gosh let me think a minute.....hmmm....oh yeah because it was relevant to the post I was replying too.

LMAO
Ray Donovan

Middlefield, CT

#1189903 Aug 21, 2014
Jessup wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo you get a GOLD STAR. All networks slant news to some degree or the other the issue with FOX is only one thing it has a conservative slant some of it's pundits are more traditional in their views which isn't allowed in the media frenzy of liberalism.
One thing I can agree with on FOX is Roger Ailes gives the liberal point of view on his network.
Juan Williams is a liberal who was fired from NPR for daring to speak his opinion which didn't fit the normal liberal view but FOX hired him and he is thriving at FOX. Howard Kurtz another liberal who was fired from Huffington Post was hired by FOX and host his own show. Kristen Powers and several others are on a daily basis to express their viewpoints. Bob Beckel a liberal is a co-host of The Five on FOX.
FOX does represent the liberal point of view in many programs. Shepard Smith is liberal and his quick trigger 'mouth' has gotten him in trouble more than once, lol.
MSNBC is a joke and I can't imagine a serious person relying on anything they say or do without taking the time to verify the story yourself.
The fact these so-called legitimate journalists seriously discussed the possibilities of having FOX regulated, possibly to the point of being banned, was scary enough.

It also shows the seeds of censorship have been planted and are taking root. Rest assured, this topic will arise again.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1189904 Aug 21, 2014
Hey Stupid Democrats wrote:
<quoted text>Most are white illegals sonic, you know as well as I do that is where you are getting your stats. So be it. In Chicago last night a nine year old was shot execution style, 6 bullets, they tortured him first by shooting his feet and hands and then shot him in the head. Chicago people are disgusted with the criminal in Ferguson being shot righteously, and getting all the fake media attention, when a child is shot, again, execution style in Chicago, a nine year old, by black thugs, and no Jesse, no Sharpton, no O'bama and his dick weeds are not saying a word. You are part of the problem, you racist bitch.
most are? you know what the say about assumptions. you sure as hell should.

“you know i know”

denver

#1189905 Aug 21, 2014
so what, BO lies to us constantly?

Employers Can Legally Lie to Workers, Court Rules
A Texas court bans employee claims for fraud.
TheStreet.com

“you know i know”

denver

#1189906 Aug 21, 2014
smashing success, eh dumazzez?

Another 2,000 Insurance Policies Cancelled In Colorado
More than 2,000 more Coloradans had their health insurance plans cancelled as a result of the Affordable Care Act, according to a letter from the state regulatory agency to state Senate Republicans. Following a dust-up earlier this year between Colorado Democratic Sen. Mark Udall and the Division…
The Daily Caller from RSS
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1189907 Aug 21, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"killed by their own" means exactly what?
How many different races and ethnicities are lumped into the "white" category and not just by cheap-ass Liberal demographers but by Left Wing Media?
Plus, we get back into the per capita thing that sonic can't wrap his little head around.
Or won't:-)
Nazis Can’t Do Math: Reflections on Racism, Crime and the Illiteracy of Right-Wing Statistical Analysis

White-on-white crime (which term doesn’t even exist in our racial or criminological lexicon), is far more prevalent than its black-on-white (or even black-on-black) equivalent, numerically speaking, and yet to white nationalist types, we should draw no conclusions from this at all. White folks can commit mass murder, kidnap, rape, sexually mutilate, or even cannibalize people (like Jeffrey Dahmer, for instance), and represent no one but their solitary selves. Charles Manson is never expected to serve as a stand-in for white folks writ large.

But every black criminal — whether James Edwards, accused of shooting Australian baseball star, Chris Lane, in Oklahoma last week, or the two black teens who beat the white World War Two veteran to death in Spokane a few days later — is somehow taken as exhibit A in the racist fantasies of America’s neo-Nazi set. White criminals and deviants are just bad individuals. Black ones are indicative of a broader cultural or genetic truth.

That people like this consider themselves members of a master race, possessed of superior intellect, and yet cannot understand basic statistical concepts, or understand the difference between anecdote and larger sociological reality, is the very definition of irony.

To say that white people’s lives are endangered by black folks, as though it were some widespread social truth, is to ignore the facts in the service of one’s prejudices and paranoiac fears. According to the most comprehensive data set ever compiled regarding homicides in America, which breaks perpetrators and victims down by race and ethnicity, the numbers of black-on-white homicides, and the percentage of homicides by African Americans that involve white victims are both much smaller than one would expect. And although interracial homicide in either direction is quite rare, the fact is, any given black person in the U.S. is almost three times as likely to be murdered by a white person as any given white person is to be murdered by someone who is black.

http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/nazis-cant-do-...

per capita my ass. or yours it seems.

“you know i know”

denver

#1189908 Aug 21, 2014
Ferguson shooting: Why hasn’t the police officer been arrested?
After an autopsy by Michael Brown's family was made public Monday, family attorney Benjamin Crump quoted the bereaved mother as asking:“What else do they need to arrest the killer of my child?” Just a day earlier, appearing on the talk show "Meet the Press," Harvard Law School Prof. Charles…
Christian Science Monitor

How about some evidence? The cop should be given a medal.

When will the over fed thugs buddy be arrested?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Dr Guru 194,354
Abby 7-28-15 54 min Kuuipo 10
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 6,251
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 100,222
Snapchat me 3 hr Cheezybhole 2
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 4 hr gonzo 15
Oak Park: Trying to hold on to its endearing past 4 hr joey 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages