Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264230 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1189850 Aug 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
....most importantly, I am appalled at the people who think “the thug got what he deserved.” And that has been a common sentiment of more than one person driving around with an ichthys on the back of their car. I am appalled at the people who view this situation in terms of winners and losers: of arguments, of laws, of politics, etc. There are no winners here. There’s a dead eighteen year old, a community torn up, an injured policeman, and a hell of a lot of division upon which the usual vultures will feast.
But there are no winners.
Ferguson, MO is about 650 miles from where I am and they are my neighbors. They are American citizens. They are families. And because of a tragedy they find themselves at the center of a national political conversation where there are now sides trying to win an argument and a fight. I am not sure what the victory will be. But damned if it won’t be politicized.
After the jury rendered its verdict in the George Zimmerman trial, I wrote “There are no sides but Justice to root for, but a Justice that will leave one side unsatisfied and still empty. Both sides made mistakes in this awful mess.” It is true in Ferguson, MO too.
http://www.redstate.com/2014/08/20/ferguson-m...
that is not a left wing site.
First, you cry and moan about an innocent young black boy getting executed by a white cop.

Now that a few days have past and more details come out about what a loser Fat Boy Brown was, you can't bring yourself to admit you were wrong to cheer on the black racists of Ferguson and the Oval Office.

Instead, you're going to mix this all up to give us a "nobody wins" bullshit.

OK. Now go away, boy:-)

Lapeer, MI

#1189851 Aug 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer without Peppy is like Costello without Abbott....
or vice versa.....
So who's on 2nd is all I wanna know.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1189852 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You should reference your pronouns so your posts make sense...
what part of making sure our drugs and food are safe isn't providing for our general welfare?
You're pretty thick, aren't you?

Protecting is different from being a provider. Protecting is providing for the welfare, yes, but being a provider of a living isn't. That is public welfare. Did you jump into the middle of a conversation again.? I mentioned a few posts back that insuring the quality of food and drug was a federal function. Providing those items to the public isn't. That would be the market. The government is the market's cop, regulating commerce.

Lapeer, MI

#1189853 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we are a nation governed by thinking people who use our laws as guidelines.
do you think we should have left our soldier behind? that is what would have happened in proper channels were followed in this instance...
You're right. We use laws as guidelines.

For example when a fat black boy in Ferguson steals from a Party Store, we don't confront and arrest him because Theft Laws, when applied to blacks, is only used as a guideline.

Got it, Mr. Peabody:-)
Hey Stupid sonic

Chicago, IL

#1189854 Aug 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
....most importantly, I am appalled at the people who think “the thug got what he deserved.” And that has been a common sentiment of more than one person driving around with an ichthys on the back of their car. I am appalled at the people who view this situation in terms of winners and losers: of arguments, of laws, of politics, etc. There are no winners here. There’s a dead eighteen year old, a community torn up, an injured policeman, and a hell of a lot of division upon which the usual vultures will feast.
But there are no winners.
Ferguson, MO is about 650 miles from where I am and they are my neighbors. They are American citizens. They are families. And because of a tragedy they find themselves at the center of a national political conversation where there are now sides trying to win an argument and a fight. I am not sure what the victory will be. But damned if it won’t be politicized.
After the jury rendered its verdict in the George Zimmerman trial, I wrote “There are no sides but Justice to root for, but a Justice that will leave one side unsatisfied and still empty. Both sides made mistakes in this awful mess.” It is true in Ferguson, MO too.
http://www.redstate.com/2014/08/20/ferguson-m...
that is not a left wing site.
The usual vultures are the liberal media, they left and so did the agitators. You should post up the first paragraph instead of posting what you like, don't cha think? or how about the last paragraph, you as a liberal must love that:Michael Brown’s death should not be political. The injured policeman should not be political. I maintain faith in the majority of this country’s citizens that they continue to care for their neighbors and pray for the dead, the wounded, and the divided in Ferguson, MO. But damned if the loudest voices are not convinced that there must be winners, losers, and scores to settle.

There are no winners in Ferguson. Only tragedy with too few willing to let there be healing. Ferguson needs less twitter pundits and TV personalities arguing and a whole lot more people praying. Ferguson could use the Word right now, but there are too many people making coin instead.

I hope this is the last I ever write about Ferguson, MO.

Certainly old bitch sonic has had the biggest mouth. Making coin I guess.
Patrick

United States

#1189855 Aug 21, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. We use laws as guidelines.
For example when a fat black boy in Ferguson steals from a Party Store, we don't confront and arrest him because Theft Laws, when applied to blacks, is only used as a guideline.
Got it, Mr. Peabody:-)
As the Imperial Restroom Attendant do you find this issue while monitoring the stalls?
Is the a government Restroom or in private hands?

Lapeer, MI

#1189856 Aug 21, 2014
Jessup wrote:
<quoted text>
What Sonic Hedgehog doesn't know is the original posting was done on the Gateway Pundit site clearly showed the x-ray was "file stock" of a orbital blowout. So Sonic's source is tweaking the truth because he is claiming the x-ray was represented as Officer Darren Wilson's x-ray which is an outright lie.
Intrigued I decided to dig a little deeper into 'Sonic's ' source and it's affiliated with Media Matters the George Soros funded group....OK, we now know why this site would use misinformation, innuendos and outright lies!
Hey Sonic, Media Matters isn't a source it's a propaganda website for low information dweebs with low I.Q.'s ....congrats your a future superstar of the Nancy Pelosi's Fan Club.
When Affirmative Action Legal Pigeons like Magic Negro and Eric Racist Holder can't find factual traction, they resort to innuendo. They did it in Boston. They did it in Sanford and they're now doing it in Ferguson.

Low Information Dweebs like sonic pick up on this tactic almost instinctively and run with it. The Jive Turkeys I mentioned above along with George Soros dispense this sort of tactical message routinely to the troops. Digital Telegraph you might say.

Bordentown, NJ

#1189857 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we are a nation governed by thinking people who use our laws as guidelines.
do you think we should have left our soldier behind? that is what would have happened in proper channels were followed in this instance...
Do you feel we should have a dictator? Funds not appropriated by congress was used, the people's representatives that made that law.

Tell the next cop that stops you for speeding that the speed limit is only a guideline. LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1189858 Aug 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> "promote the general welfare". Things like public safety, health, you know well being.
So what about feeding children that you hate?
the Preamble is just meaningless motherhood, not a grant of powers......

parents should be responsible for feeding their own children...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1189859 Aug 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News host Megyn Kelly was furious on Tuesday night when producers interrupted her conversation about the beheading of kidnapped journalist James Foley with video of breaking coverage of Ferguson, Mo.
Kelly was discussing Foley's tragic death at the hands of terrorist group ISIS with Fox contributor Pete Hegseth when the full-screen video of Ferguson ran. Kelly abruptly paused the conversation to vent at her producers.
"Hold on. I realize — can, just, just — I realize something’s happening in Ferguson, but we’re talking about something important here, so can you at least split-screen the video?" she said.
Then, staring directly at the camera, Kelly continued to express her frustration.
"I realize — look, the protesters and the police are clashing again, alright? They’re clashing again. But we’re talking about the dead, the death of an American, of an American who was beheaded, and Pete deserves his say."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/megyn-k...
'But Megyn, black people!! It's just one dead American!!!' Priorities!'
Megyn Kelly is absolutely correct.....

and thanks for the FoxNews update, asshat......

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1189860 Aug 21, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretty thick, aren't you?
Protecting is different from being a provider. Protecting is providing for the welfare, yes, but being a provider of a living isn't. That is public welfare. Did you jump into the middle of a conversation again.? I mentioned a few posts back that insuring the quality of food and drug was a federal function. Providing those items to the public isn't. That would be the market. The government is the market's cop, regulating commerce.
Which the real world has shown needs to be done.

no i am not thick at all. as is proven daily...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1189861 Aug 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Conservative Media Race-Baiting: Ferguson Edition
In response to the protests following the shooting of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, the right-wing media have unleashed an array of race-baiting tropes. From "lynch mobs" to "race pimps," here are some of the worst examples.
http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/08/21/c...
the worst is referring to a convenience store robber as an "unarmed teen".....
Patrick

United States

#1189862 Aug 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer without Peppy is like Costello without Abbott....
or vice versa.....
Why not lead with a hash tag # when you post something of importance?

St. Croix valley

#1189863 Aug 21, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you feel we should have a dictator? Funds not appropriated by congress was used, the people's representatives that made that law.
Tell the next cop that stops you for speeding that the speed limit is only a guideline. LOL
The cops don't foLlow the speed limit, so it is just guidline for some...

Why would you have left this soldier behind?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1189864 Aug 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
'But Megyn, black people!! It's just one dead American!!!' Priorities!'
Chief Blackface has a point....most Americans don't give a damn about black criminals who rob convenience stores and then burn down the town......

the police should just pull out and let jungle justice prevail....

Lapeer, MI

#1189865 Aug 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
is it offensive to you that 84% of whites who are murdered in this country are killed by their own?
i think you white folks need to tend to your own house.
"killed by their own" means exactly what?

How many different races and ethnicities are lumped into the "white" category and not just by cheap-ass Liberal demographers but by Left Wing Media?

Plus, we get back into the per capita thing that sonic can't wrap his little head around.

Or won't:-)
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1189866 Aug 21, 2014
Nah wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what the 300 pound Obama voter did in Ferguson son. That Obamaloser left for sure just like you will, chunky.
Really son?

Wow. And I bet even then you couldn't keep up with me.
Patrick

United States

#1189867 Aug 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Order in the Court
Judge Gault Presiding :-)
Ignorance shared for free, racism thrown in a no extra charge.
Hearing case of Galt v. HisBocaDefeat

occasional anti semitic references --- see previous court documents
listed under Meltdown

St. Croix valley

#1189868 Aug 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
it is mentioned in the body of the US constitution also...
why are you such a shitty citizen that you didn't know this?

Bordentown, NJ

#1189869 Aug 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Which the real world has shown needs to be done.
no i am not thick at all. as is proven daily...
What needs to be done? The government being a provider or a cop?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby August 3 7 min PEllen 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Dr Guru MD 194,693
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min meeeooww 6,259
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 59 min loose cannon 100,288
abby august 2 1 hr RACE 2
amy august 2 1 hr RACE 3
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... 6 hr RappersRTHUGS 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages