Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1188918 Aug 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
The masked ISIS militant who beheaded one American journalist and threatened the life of another in a horrific video released Tuesday appears to be a British national, foreign secretary Philip Hammond said.
In an interview on BBC Radio 4’s Today show, Hammond said that the vicious killer,“on the face of it appears to have been a British person,” adding that there is a “significant number” of British people who have joined the ISIS cause, the Guardian reported.
“We’ve been saying for a very long time that there are significant numbers of British nationals in Syria, increasingly in Iraq, and one of the reasons why what is going on in Syria and Iraq is a direct threat to our own national security is the presence of significant numbers of our nationals who may at some stage seek to come back to the UK with the skills, the tradecraft that they’ve learned working with these terrorist organizations, potentially posing a threat to our domestic security here in the UK,” Hammond said in the interview.
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK...
Why are we downsizing the military when so much of the world is on fire? I'll repeat what I said the other day. This country is in grave danger and we have a clown at the helm. We will be lucky to make it to 2017. Why are we insisting on reliving the 1930s? It didn't turn out good the first time.
Nostrilis Waxman

Torrance, CA

#1188920 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
A thousand pardons "My Lord" it's just that I'm not used to dealing with royalty. You know that I'm only a Rook in the chain of command so it's a bit difficult to deal with Bishops, Knights, Kings and Queens, I have the utmost respect for your rank, actually you just might be the rankest.
Correct. I am. I am the "Lord" of my Topix "Kingdom" and the rest of you are my "subjects".
I am also getting completely sloshed and have not heard from the Queen yet!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1188921 Aug 20, 2014
Race-based hate crimes spike in DC -- most victims white!!

Will Obama/Holder be invested with the same Level of Energy with Black on White Crimes as they are with White on Black??

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1188922 Aug 20, 2014
Globalized Special Ops

Last year, Special Operations Command chief Admiral William McRaven explained his vision for special ops globalization. In a statement to the House Armed Services Committee, he said,“USSOCOM is enhancing its global network of SOF to support our interagency and international partners in order to gain expanded situational awareness of emerging threats and opportunities. The network enables small, persistent presence in critical locations, and facilitates engagement where necessary or appropriate…”

While that “presence” may be small, the reach and influence of those Special Operations forces are another matter. The 12 percent jump in national deployments—from 120 to 134—during McRaven’s tenure reflects his desire to put boots on the ground just about everywhere on Earth. SOCOM will not name the nations involved, citing host nation sensitivities and the safety of American personnel, but the deployments we do know about shed at least some light on the full range of missions being carried out by America’s secret military.

Last April and May, for instance, Special Ops personnel took part in training exercises in Djibouti, Malawi and the Seychelles Islands in the Indian Ocean. In June, US Navy SEALs joined Iraqi, Jordanian, Lebanese and other allied Mideast forces for irregular warfare simulations in Aqaba, Jordan. The next month, Green Berets traveled to Trinidad and Tobago to carry out small unit tactical exercises with local forces. In August, Green Berets conducted explosives training with Honduran sailors. In September, according to media reports, US Special Operations forces joined elite troops from the ten member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations—Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar (Burma) and Cambodia—as well as their counterparts from Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, China, India and Russia for a US-Indonesian joint-funded counterterrorism exercise held at a training center in Sentul, West Java.

In October, elite US troops carried out commando raids in Libya and Somalia, kidnapping a terror suspect in the former nation while SEALs killed at least one militant in the latter before being driven off under fire. In November, Special Ops troops conducted humanitarian operations in the Philippines to aid survivors of Typhoon Haiyan. The next month, members of the 352nd Special Operations Group conducted a training exercise involving approximately 130 airmen and six aircraft at an airbase in England and Navy SEALs were wounded while undertaking an evacuation mission in South Sudan. Green Berets then rang in the new year with a January 1st combat mission alongside elite Afghan troops in Bahlozi village in Kandahar province.

Deployments in 134 countries, however, turn out not to be expansive enough for SOCOM. In November 2013, the command announced that it was seeking to identify industry partners who could, under SOCOM’s Trans Regional Web Initiative, potentially “develop new websites tailored to foreign audiences.” These would join an existing global network of ten propaganda websites, run by various combatant commands and made to look like legitimate news outlets, including CentralAsiaOnline.com , Sabahi which targets the Horn of Africa; an effort aimed at the Middle East known as Al-Shorfa.com ; and another targeting Latin America called Infosurhoy.com .

SOCOM’s push into cyberspace is mirrored by a concerted effort of the command to embed itself ever more deeply inside the Beltway.“I have folks in every agency here in Washington, DC—from the CIA, to the FBI, to the National Security Agency, to the National Geospatial Agency, to the Defense Intelligence Agency,” SOCOM chief Admiral McRaven said during a panel discussion at Washington’s Wilson Center last year. Speaking at the Ronald Reagan Library in November, he put the number of departments and agencies where SOCOM is now entrenched at thirty-eight.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1188923 Aug 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
God, you really are a total moran. They are lying to you idiot!!!!
America’s Secret War in 134 Countries
The deployment of US Special Operations forces is a growing form of overseas power projection.
Nick Turse January 16, 2014
They operate in the green glow of night vision in Southwest Asia and stalk through the jungles of South America. They snatch men from their homes in the Maghreb and shoot it out with heavily armed militants in the Horn of Africa. They feel the salty spray while skimming over the tops of waves from the turquoise Caribbean to the deep blue Pacific. They conduct missions in the oppressive heat of Middle Eastern deserts and the deep freeze of Scandinavia. All over the planet, the Obama administration is waging a secret war whose full extent has never been fully revealed—until now.
Since September 11, 2001, US Special Operations forces have grown in every conceivable way, from their numbers to their budget. Most telling, however, has been the exponential rise in special ops deployments globally. This presence—now, in nearly 70 percent of the world’s nations—provides new evidence of the size and scope of a secret war being waged from Latin America to the backlands of Afghanistan, from training missions with African allies to information operations launched in cyberspace.
In the waning days of the Bush presidency, Special Operations forces were reportedly deployed in about sixty countries around the world. By 2010, that number had swelled to seventy-five, according to Karen DeYoung and Greg Jaffe of The Washington Post. In 2011, Special Operations Command (SOCOM) spokesman Colonel Tim Nye told TomDispatch that the total would reach 120. Today, that figure has risen higher still.
In 2013, elite US forces were deployed in 134 countries around the globe, according to Major Matthew Robert Bockholt of SOCOM Public Affairs. This 123 percent increase during the Obama years demonstrates how, in addition to conventional wars and a CIA drone campaign , public diplomacy and extensive electronic spying , the US has engaged in still another significant and growing form of overseas power projection. Conducted largely in the shadows by America’s most elite troops, the vast majority of these missions take place far from prying eyes, media scrutiny, or any type of outside oversight, increasing the chances of unforeseen blowback and catastrophic consequences.
Growth Industry
Formally established in 1987, Special Operations Command has grown steadily in the post-9/11 era. SOCOM is reportedly on track to reach 72,000 personnel in 2014, up from 33,000 in 2001. Funding for the command has also jumped exponentially as its baseline budget,$2.3 billion in 2001, hit $6.9 billion in 2013 ($10.4 billion, if you add in supplemental funding). Personnel deployments abroad have skyrocketed, too, from 4,900 “man-years” in 2001 to 11,500 in 2013.
so know we know why Muslims in the Middle East liked Bush better than they like Obama.

kind of blows up the 'Obama loves Muslims' right wing BS. and it seems to me that folks like you are supporting terrorism by being upset about Obama continuing Bush's war on terror.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188924 Aug 20, 2014
Obama's ISIS buddies behead American journalist....

way to go, Baraq.....

have fun on the Vineyard....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188925 Aug 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
temporary insanity[like being a fliberal] I hope he get's off:
Prosecutor: Killing of drunk driver an 'execution'
Associated Press By JUAN A. LOZANO
6 hours ago
ANGLETON, Texas (AP)— A drunk driver did not deserve "execution" by a Texas father accused of taking the law into his own hands in a fit of rage over the killing of his two sons in a wreck, a prosecutor told jurors on Tuesday.
David Barajas is accused of fatally shooting Jose Banda in December 2012, minutes after Banda plowed into a pickup truck that Barajas and his two sons had been pushing on a rural road. Twelve-year-old David Jr. died at the scene and 11-year-old Caleb died at a hospital. Barajas' truck had run out of gas about 100 yards from the family's home.
Barajas' attorney told jurors his client did not kill Banda and was focused only on saving his sons.
In opening statements Tuesday in Barajas' murder trial, prosecutor Brian Hrach told jurors Banda made a horrible decision by drinking and driving,
"He deserved severe legal punishment, but he did not deserve a public execution," Hrach said.
Barajas allegedly left the scene of the accident, retrieved a gun from his home and returned to kill Banda.
not guilty.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1188926 Aug 20, 2014
LOL of the day.

LA Tea Party:‘Common Core Turns Your Children Gay’

According to a shock-and-outrage press release from the Tea Party Of Louisiana, US Sen. David Vitter is in danger of becoming a RINO because he’s come out for Common Core. The above screen shot was taken from the TPOL website, cited as evidence of the dangers Common Core poses to American children. As of 11:03pm Monday night, it’s still there.

The Hayride, a Louisiana political blog, points out that the citation is actually from a satirical website. When the Times-Picayune pointed this fact out to a TPOL spokesman, he said,“Uh, we knew that all along. We were just trying to get people’s attention.” The Hayride snorts:

Ahhh, no. If you know it’s a satirical piece you don’t use it to prove a serious point. And when it’s brought to your attention that you just got burned using a satirical piece as a serious reference then you scrub that from your website, deny everything and hope people forget about it.

What you don’t do is to say you knew that all along. That’s the most damaging thing of all, because it suggests you think people who may be listening to you are rubes who will believe anything you tell them.

Here’s a link to the Broken World News fake story that the TPOL thought was real. Excerpt:

Earlier this year, Van Zant told the Operation Education Conference in Orlando that Common Core was promoting a gay lifestyle to the nation’s children. But nobody listened.

“People said I was a quack,” Van Zant says,“They called me a right wing nut job. Who’s laughing now? Hollywood and Barney Frank, that’s who.”

Initial estimates suggest that as many as 60% of students who participated in Common Core have gone gay, many overnight. But experts fear that some are just transitioning a little slower.

What kind of crack-brained loon do you have to be to think even for a second that this might be true? Read the thing; it’s not even good satire, because it’s so implausible. Everybody knows that what Common Core really does is drain away our children’s precious bodily fluids.

Well, Ryan Booth is vindicated. And Sen. Vitter, denounced by the TPOL as a “turncoat of liberty,” has nothing to worry about from that bunch now. Does anybody?

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

so do you have to take a test to join the Tea Party? and is failing to pass the test the way to pass the test?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1188927 Aug 20, 2014
This is Real Leadership…As World Chaos Continues, Obama Quietly Retreats to Martha's Vineyard while Journalists are losing their Heads Over Obama!!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1188928 Aug 20, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Grey I’m sure during his time in Ferguson Holder will be Flanked by Sharpton/Jasckson …you know those Peace Loving Racist!!
, I don't like either one of those two parasites.There is no doubt that they both fan the flames of racism, if they would spend half as much time dealing with the real problems in the Black community they and we all would be far better off. As long as both sides do nothing but blame the other nothing will ever get done. Actually when I see either one of them on TV I change the channel.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188929 Aug 20, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2nd Amendment has its reasons for being there.
We the people......
if one owns a store in Ferguson and the police refuse to protect your property from looters, then ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1188930 Aug 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so know we know why Muslims in the Middle East liked Bush better than they like Obama.
kind of blows up the 'Obama loves Muslims' right wing BS. and it seems to me that folks like you are supporting terrorism by being upset about Obama continuing Bush's war on terror.
When did I ever say I was upset with Obama's continuing the war on terror? I don't think he is doing enough! What you need to understand is nothing will stop these people except kill them. Kill them all. Until then the disease will continue to spread. We are in a GLOBAL war. We cannot hide with our head in the ground. Some may argue it's a religious war. It may be but mark my words this is a war we must win for the sake of our children and their children.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1188932 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
, I don't like either one of those two parasites.There is no doubt that they both fan the flames of racism, if they would spend half as much time dealing with the real problems in the Black community they and we all would be far better off. As long as both sides do nothing but blame the other nothing will ever get done. Actually when I see either one of them on TV I change the channel.
Well Corporal Captain Ghostie I am amazed! There might be hope for you yet.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1188933 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1188934 Aug 20, 2014
Bush's toxic legacy in Iraq

ISIS, the brutal insurgent/terrorist group formerly known as al Qaeda in Iraq, has seized much of western and northern Iraq and even threatens towns not far from Baghdad.

From where did ISIS spring? One of George W. Bush's most toxic legacies is the introduction of al Qaeda into Iraq, which is the ISIS mother ship.

If this wasn't so tragic it would be supremely ironic, because before the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, top Bush officials were insisting that there was an al Qaeda-Iraq axis of evil. Their claims that Saddam Hussein's men were training members of al Qaeda how to make weapons of mass destruction seemed to be one of the most compelling rationales for the impending war.

After the fall of Hussein's regime, no documents were unearthed in Iraq proving the Hussein-al Qaeda axis despite the fact that, like other totalitarian regimes, Hussein's government kept massive and meticulous records.

The U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency had by 2006 translated 34 million pages of documents from Hussein's Iraq and found there was nothing to substantiate a "partnership" between Hussein and al Qaeda.

Two years later the Pentagon's own internal think tank, the Institute for Defense Analyses, concluded after examining 600,000 Hussein-era documents and several thousand hours of his regime's audio- and videotapes that there was no "smoking gun (i.e. direct connection between Hussein's Iraq and al Qaeda.)"

The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence concluded in 2008, as every other investigation had before, that there was no "cooperative relationship" between Hussein and al Qaeda. The committee also found that "most of the contacts cited between Iraq and al Qaeda before the war by the intelligence community and policy makers have been determined not to have occurred."

Instead of interrupting a budding relationship between Hussein and al Qaeda, the Iraq War precipitated the arrival of al Qaeda into Iraq. Although the Bush administration tended to gloss over the fact, al Qaeda only formally established itself in Iraq a year and a half after the U.S. invasion.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/13/opinion/bergen-...

In other words, the Bush administration had presided over the rise of precisely what it had said was one of the key goals of the Iraq War to destroy: a safe haven for al Qaeda in the heart of the Arab world.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188935 Aug 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Meet The House GOP's Impeachment Caucus
Republicans suggesting impeachment often float the idea in the context of their favorite attack at Obama. Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) in 2013 said impeaching Obama was a possibility in response to his handling of the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Bengahzi. A few months later Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-TX) said if the House were to try to impeach Obama, there would probably be enough "votes in the House of Representatives to do it."
Way back in 2011 Farenthold's colleague, Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX) seemed to echo his Texas colleague when he said impeachment of Obama "needs to happen."
Actually, a number of Republicans who have called for impeachment in the 2014 cycle are outgoing House members. Outgoing Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) in 2013 declined to throw out the possibility of impeachment, saying "as I have been home in my district, the 6th District of Minnesota, there isn’t a weekend that hasn’t gone by that someone says to me,‘Michele, what in the world are you all waiting for in Congress? Why aren’t you impeaching the president? He’s been making unconstitutional actions since he came into office."
Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) and two other little-known candidates in the Georgia Republican primary for U.S. Senate said they would seek to impeach Obama if they got the opportunity. Broun opted not to run for re-election and lost in the Republican primary.
On the campaign trail there are also some candidates who are singing the impeachment tune. Former state Sen. Barry Loudermilk (R), who is all but certain to inherit Georgia's 11th Congressional District this fall, has suggested that Obama deserves impeachment but that effort may not be worth it if it's not sure to succeed.
In New Hampshire, the Republican frontrunner in the race to face Rep. Ann Kuster (D-NH), Marilinda Garcia, has also called for impeachment.
"If it's an impeachable offense, as the process will show, then every member of Congress is also sworn to uphold that and needs to vote appropriately," Garcia said in late July. Less than two weeks earlier all four of the Republican candidates running for Wisconsin's 6th Congressional seat also said they would likely support impeaching Obama.
Calls for impeaching Obama aren't just solely in the House of Representatives. State Sen. Joni Ernst, the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Iowa, had to backtrack, after all, after comments surfaced where she suggested impeaching Obama. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Hucakbee (R), too, had to reverse course when he said Obama is worthy of impeachment.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/republicans-c...
impeachment of Obama is justified, but is not an effective tactic because of the DemoKKKrat US Senate....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188936 Aug 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
TSM calls for the surrender of the US to ISIS because of a terrorist video.
Wow that will make Americans safer overseas.
the US (and others) must kill ISIS......every man, woman, and child....and their pet goat also.....

nothing else will stop them.....

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1188937 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That's no way to talk to your superior....Maggot.
I don't have any superiors. That's how I talk to pawns.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1188938 Aug 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Obama's ISIS buddies behead American journalist....
way to go, Baraq.....
have fun on the Vineyard....
No one forced that journalist to go there; that's the chance they take, they thrive on the danger, it's unfortunate that he was killed; but it has nothing to do with the President or whether he is vacation. But, you know that; you're just being a good little dittohead parrot;
squawk, squawk

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1188939 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither one of those two parasites has ever had a job. We noticed Sharptoon showed up, one wonders who pays for his largess?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Learn to Read 182,126
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min No Warming 49,335
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 4 hr Reddog 6
delhi female 6 hr yatharth 1
Fight at Navy Pier 7 hr joey 1
abby 12-26 7 hr Mister Tonka 4
amy 12-26 7 hr Mister Tonka 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago