Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232297 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1188808 Aug 19, 2014
Eman wrote:
"During an appearance on MSNBC on Tuesday, Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) questioned why so many of the elected officials in Ferguson, Mo. are white, deeming leadership’s racial make up to be “troublesome.”"
More race-baiting from the Left.

This will increase to a shrill in the weeks to come.

What would happen if, say, white citizens demanded more representation on some Urban Trash Yard City Council like Detroit with the underlying assumption being that we can't trust blacks after so many municipal bankruptcies under black political control??

The black racism BS is way out of control now that we've got a half-black azzhole in the White House.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1188809 Aug 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Another 'First': racially motivated autopsies.
An alien autopsy would present more factual truths than this attempt of Obama's to invent the scenario he "prefers".
Patrick

United States

#1188810 Aug 19, 2014
What had been shaping up as one of this year's most bitterly contested primaries came and went with barely a ripple on Tuesday as Wyoming U.S. Sen. Mike Enzi soundly beat four little-known Republican challengers in his pursuit of a fourth term.

Last summer, former Vice President Dick Cheney's elder daughter, Liz Cheney, launched what widely was expected to be a formidable primary challenge for Enzi, a fellow Republican.

Ultimately, the Fox News commentator and former State Department official found little mainstream support in the sparsely populated state to which she and her family moved in 2012. She dropped out in January, citing family health issues.

Lapeer, MI

#1188811 Aug 19, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Why on Earth would anyone tune into Fox News...when we have CNN...
'CNN Host: Why Aren’t Ferguson Police Using Water Cannons?'
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-host-why-arent...
Because Water Rates are too high.

Lapeer, MI

#1188812 Aug 19, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Why on Earth would anyone tune into Fox News...when we have CNN...
'CNN Host: Why Aren’t Ferguson Police Using Water Cannons?'
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-host-why-arent...
That would be racially insensitive. The underlying assumption here would be that blacks don't bathe, especially rioting blacks. Hitting them with a Water Canon would be insulting to them.

Lapeer, MI

#1188813 Aug 19, 2014
TSM wrote:
Mothers of Trayvon/Browns becomes Pen Pals, I guess next Sharpton/Jackson will set up the Pity Tour!!
It goes much deeper than just being Pen Pals.

They're discussing Wrongful Death Suit tactics. There's Gold in them thar hills, Baby!

An aborted Michael Brown would have been maybe a $10 Million loss!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1188814 Aug 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
All the reading in the world won't help you if you can't comprehend what the hell you just read.
Affirmative Action strikes again.
Nutcase, radical, revisionist historians only make it worse too. Eric Holder and his buddy-in-chief wish to "rewrite" the truth with a scalpel. Too bad they didn't get the "truth" they wanted.

Lapeer, MI

#1188815 Aug 19, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I was witness to the cops shooting a guy who was robbing a bank when I was 19. They shot him three times and he was still running faster than I'd ever seen any human run; his legs were a blur. On the news the next day the reporter said he was high on crack and they suspect that was what kept him on his feet, that, mixed with adrenaline was a powerful brew.
It probably took more lead to take Michael down because of his large girth; sometimes bullets lodge in fat/blubber and never make it to a vital organ or major artery. A little something to consider if you're ever assaulted by an immense person. I'd go for the neck or head first if all I had was a small caliber weapon. Or a knee. Fat people go down fast with only one leg to stand on.
The bigger they come, the harder they fall.

I wonder ,how many Fast Food meals made up that dead weight?

Lapeer, MI

#1188816 Aug 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
How about we start looking a little more closely at some of the backgrounds and upbringings of these young black victims? And start in Chicago.
There's a reason why so many of these young black men have such a high disregard for authority, life and property and have such big chips on their shoulders.
It's not just about being poor and disadvantaged. Many white young men are too but aren't killing each other in the streets and winding up dead by either the authorities or each other.
There's a major breakdown somewhere in these black young men's lives. Maybe we should asking what it is.
"Maybe we should (be) asking what it is."

Two possible results when this is attempted.

1.) It's white society's fault

2.) If you disagree with #1, you are a racist and are insensitive to the plight of poor blacks.

God Luck.

Lapeer, MI

#1188817 Aug 19, 2014
Good

Lapeer, MI

#1188818 Aug 19, 2014
TSM wrote:
I have a solution!! Since the Citizens of Ferguson distrust their Local Police Force I suggest the Citizens of Ferguson Police themselves!!
YES!

And the NRA can help them!

Lapeer, MI

#1188820 Aug 19, 2014
David Morrison wrote:
I hope to God that the GOP is paying these twits to post their party nonsense! Free enterprise and making a living is awesome but the thought of living in the same country with idiots who really believe this teabagger stuff is really depressing!
Your low IQ is the source of your depression.

Lapeer, MI

#1188821 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
these fools will never find "justice" in the streets......
more likely end up dead like store robber Brown....
Every store owner in Ferguson should be issued free rubber bullets.

If things don't get better then they should be issued free Rock Salt Ammunition.

If things STILL don't get better then all Welfare Checks should be stopped to Ferguson, MO

Extreme problems demand extreme measures.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1188822 Aug 19, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nutcase, radical, revisionist historians only make it worse too. Eric Holder and his buddy-in-chief wish to "rewrite" the truth with a scalpel. Too bad they didn't get the "truth" they wanted.
awww.... did bushie boy find his wmd's son?

no?

awwww........

Lapeer, MI

#1188823 Aug 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I divide those that post racial slurs along with those that defend them and those that can actually post without the use of racial slurs.
Are you now defending the use of racial slurs?
Race has everything to do about the uproar in Ferguson & it goes toward the history of that area. If an armed black man shot & killed an unarmed white kid claiming self defense, what would happen? Would the shooter be in jail??? Would they be trying the white kid in the public eye or would you be looking at the shooter.
Shooting unarmed people by police should demand scrutiny. Where is the policeman? Did he get drug tested? What kind of scrutiny did he get?
This is why people are upset. They see it as just another gunned down black kid & a so what from the authorities. They see the body lying in the street for hours. They see no ambulance - and no the policeman is not a doctor & should not be making medical decisions.
People see that disrespect.,
Sometime you need to climb down off the right whiner horse & see something from the other side's perspective.
DumbDave Pontificating From The Night Pot again.

Crawl back in.

Lapeer, MI

#1188825 Aug 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought it was Governor Ron Reagan who put the mentally ill out on the street.
Did you ever get to thank him?

Lapeer, MI

#1188826 Aug 19, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>An alien autopsy would present more factual truths than this attempt of Obama's to invent the scenario he "prefers".
...and the sad part of it all is that millions are probably doubting Eric Racist Holder's integrity regarding a third autopsy. Can America's present racist AG be trusted to come clean or will he somehow try "fixing" the autopsy results to find what he wants to find?

We are in dark territory, folks.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1188827 Aug 19, 2014
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican war on fat people
black college football player smashes girls face breaking jaw, what do yu suppose his political affiliation is?
find some white guy who did that.
Ray Donovan

Middlefield, CT

#1188828 Aug 19, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>awww.... did bushie boy find his wmd's son?
no?
awwww........
You mean the chemical weapons Saddam had moved to Syria aboard passenger airliners?

Hey, the good news is that ¨bad intel¨ is now a legit excuse for f**king things up in the Middle East.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1188829 Aug 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought it was Governor Ron Reagan who put the mentally ill out on the street.
speaking for yurself no doubt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr JRB 189,746
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr As reported 53,472
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Net Workit 5,994
Amy 5-23 11 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 5-23 12 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 13 hr RICO 7,567
Word (Dec '08) 14 hr Dream Crystal 5,239
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]