Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263163 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1188896 Aug 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are a total moran.
“Islamic Terrorists” supported by Uncle Sam: Bush Administration “Black Ops” directed against Iran, Lebanon and Syria

http://www.globalresearch.ca/islamic-terroris...

much like the Reagan administration. and how does any of it work out?

so let's talk about republican morons.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1188897 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack has his own brand of stupid.
Nobody yanked your chain Corporal Captain Ghostie.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1188898 Aug 20, 2014
TSM wrote:
ISIS Beheads American Journalist Threatens to kill another... His fate depends on Obama's next move!!
This president has shown to be indecisive when it comes to making Tough Decision so will another Journalist lose his Head before Obama responds??
His fate depends on the color of his skin.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1188899 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pathetic in so many ways. Most of all it shows just what a one sided flake Flack is,
The fact that you think honoring a fallen officer is pathetic just shows you for the loser libtard you are. You are the one who is pathetic loser. By the way he was black. Loser!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1188901 Aug 20, 2014
Meet The House GOP's Impeachment Caucus

Republicans suggesting impeachment often float the idea in the context of their favorite attack at Obama. Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) in 2013 said impeaching Obama was a possibility in response to his handling of the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Bengahzi. A few months later Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-TX) said if the House were to try to impeach Obama, there would probably be enough "votes in the House of Representatives to do it."

Way back in 2011 Farenthold's colleague, Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX) seemed to echo his Texas colleague when he said impeachment of Obama "needs to happen."

Actually, a number of Republicans who have called for impeachment in the 2014 cycle are outgoing House members. Outgoing Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) in 2013 declined to throw out the possibility of impeachment, saying "as I have been home in my district, the 6th District of Minnesota, there isn’t a weekend that hasn’t gone by that someone says to me,‘Michele, what in the world are you all waiting for in Congress? Why aren’t you impeaching the president? He’s been making unconstitutional actions since he came into office."

Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) and two other little-known candidates in the Georgia Republican primary for U.S. Senate said they would seek to impeach Obama if they got the opportunity. Broun opted not to run for re-election and lost in the Republican primary.

On the campaign trail there are also some candidates who are singing the impeachment tune. Former state Sen. Barry Loudermilk (R), who is all but certain to inherit Georgia's 11th Congressional District this fall, has suggested that Obama deserves impeachment but that effort may not be worth it if it's not sure to succeed.

In New Hampshire, the Republican frontrunner in the race to face Rep. Ann Kuster (D-NH), Marilinda Garcia, has also called for impeachment.

"If it's an impeachable offense, as the process will show, then every member of Congress is also sworn to uphold that and needs to vote appropriately," Garcia said in late July. Less than two weeks earlier all four of the Republican candidates running for Wisconsin's 6th Congressional seat also said they would likely support impeaching Obama.

Calls for impeaching Obama aren't just solely in the House of Representatives. State Sen. Joni Ernst, the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Iowa, had to backtrack, after all, after comments surfaced where she suggested impeaching Obama. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Hucakbee (R), too, had to reverse course when he said Obama is worthy of impeachment.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/republicans-c...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1188902 Aug 20, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "My Lord" Dumbwaiter!!. I will try to stay inebriated for most of the day. It makes it easier for me when switching up my socks. I am waiting to hear from "Lizbet",(only her closest friends call her that) so I will ask her about you when she calls.
A thousand pardons "My Lord" it's just that I'm not used to dealing with royalty. You know that I'm only a Rook in the chain of command so it's a bit difficult to deal with Bishops, Knights, Kings and Queens, I have the utmost respect for your rank, actually you just might be the rankest.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1188903 Aug 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
This has what to do with the post? You're another moran!!!
Read your own posts??

Your last sentence: "Also at the same time, Congress is pushing the Enlist Act which will encourage illegal aliens to join the military. The Pentagon is also looking to keep and seek out Muslim military."
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1188904 Aug 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody yanked your chain Corporal Captain Ghostie.
I offer exhibit "A". As example of Flacks brand of stupid.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1188905 Aug 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
“Islamic Terrorists” supported by Uncle Sam: Bush Administration “Black Ops” directed against Iran, Lebanon and Syria
http://www.globalresearch.ca/islamic-terroris...
much like the Reagan administration. and how does any of it work out?
so let's talk about republican morons.
God, you really are a total moran. They are lying to you idiot!!!!
America’s Secret War in 134 Countries
The deployment of US Special Operations forces is a growing form of overseas power projection.
Nick Turse January 16, 2014
They operate in the green glow of night vision in Southwest Asia and stalk through the jungles of South America. They snatch men from their homes in the Maghreb and shoot it out with heavily armed militants in the Horn of Africa. They feel the salty spray while skimming over the tops of waves from the turquoise Caribbean to the deep blue Pacific. They conduct missions in the oppressive heat of Middle Eastern deserts and the deep freeze of Scandinavia. All over the planet, the Obama administration is waging a secret war whose full extent has never been fully revealed—until now.
Since September 11, 2001, US Special Operations forces have grown in every conceivable way, from their numbers to their budget. Most telling, however, has been the exponential rise in special ops deployments globally. This presence—now, in nearly 70 percent of the world’s nations—provides new evidence of the size and scope of a secret war being waged from Latin America to the backlands of Afghanistan, from training missions with African allies to information operations launched in cyberspace.
In the waning days of the Bush presidency, Special Operations forces were reportedly deployed in about sixty countries around the world. By 2010, that number had swelled to seventy-five, according to Karen DeYoung and Greg Jaffe of The Washington Post. In 2011, Special Operations Command (SOCOM) spokesman Colonel Tim Nye told TomDispatch that the total would reach 120. Today, that figure has risen higher still.
In 2013, elite US forces were deployed in 134 countries around the globe, according to Major Matthew Robert Bockholt of SOCOM Public Affairs. This 123 percent increase during the Obama years demonstrates how, in addition to conventional wars and a CIA drone campaign , public diplomacy and extensive electronic spying , the US has engaged in still another significant and growing form of overseas power projection. Conducted largely in the shadows by America’s most elite troops, the vast majority of these missions take place far from prying eyes, media scrutiny, or any type of outside oversight, increasing the chances of unforeseen blowback and catastrophic consequences.
Growth Industry
Formally established in 1987, Special Operations Command has grown steadily in the post-9/11 era. SOCOM is reportedly on track to reach 72,000 personnel in 2014, up from 33,000 in 2001. Funding for the command has also jumped exponentially as its baseline budget,$2.3 billion in 2001, hit $6.9 billion in 2013 ($10.4 billion, if you add in supplemental funding). Personnel deployments abroad have skyrocketed, too, from 4,900 “man-years” in 2001 to 11,500 in 2013.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1188906 Aug 20, 2014
A recent investigation by TomDispatch, using open source government documents and news releases as well as press reports, found evidence that US Special Operations forces were deployed in or involved with the militaries of 106 nations around the world in 2012–13. For more than a month during the preparation of that article , however, SOCOM failed to provide accurate statistics on the total number of countries to which special operators—Green Berets and Rangers, Navy SEALs and Delta Force commandos, specialized helicopter crews, boat teams and civil affairs personnel—were deployed. “We don’t just keep it on hand,” SOCOM’s Bockholt explained in a telephone interview once the article had been filed. “We have to go searching through stuff. It takes a long time to do that.” Hours later, just prior to publication, he provided an answer to a question I first asked in November of last year. “SOF [Special Operations forces] were deployed to 134 countries” during fiscal year 2013, Bockholt explained in an email.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1188907 Aug 20, 2014
TSM wrote:
ISIS Beheads American Journalist Threatens to kill another... His fate depends on Obama's next move!!
This president has shown to be indecisive when it comes to making Tough Decision so will another Journalist lose his Head before Obama responds??
TSM calls for the surrender of the US to ISIS because of a terrorist video.

Wow that will make Americans safer overseas.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1188908 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
A thousand pardons "My Lord" it's just that I'm not used to dealing with royalty. You know that I'm only a Rook in the chain of command so it's a bit difficult to deal with Bishops, Knights, Kings and Queens, I have the utmost respect for your rank, actually you just might be the rankest.
A rook? You've given yourself a promotion.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1188909 Aug 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you think honoring a fallen officer is pathetic just shows you for the loser libtard you are. You are the one who is pathetic loser. By the way he was black. Loser!
Nice try at deflecting Flake, to glorify your right wing Chicken coop for closing their phony asses for five minutes knowing they will get immeasurable promo form that as you played right into their hands like a good little sheepie. Soo they pick and choose who's to be honored??? Dumb ass.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1188910 Aug 20, 2014
This journalist faith is Dire waiting for Obama to Man-Up!!

This quote fits this Journalist situation ‘You’re Losing Head Over…. Obama!!

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1188911 Aug 20, 2014
The masked ISIS militant who beheaded one American journalist and threatened the life of another in a horrific video released Tuesday appears to be a British national, foreign secretary Philip Hammond said.

In an interview on BBC Radio 4’s Today show, Hammond said that the vicious killer,“on the face of it appears to have been a British person,” adding that there is a “significant number” of British people who have joined the ISIS cause, the Guardian reported.

“We’ve been saying for a very long time that there are significant numbers of British nationals in Syria, increasingly in Iraq, and one of the reasons why what is going on in Syria and Iraq is a direct threat to our own national security is the presence of significant numbers of our nationals who may at some stage seek to come back to the UK with the skills, the tradecraft that they’ve learned working with these terrorist organizations, potentially posing a threat to our domestic security here in the UK,” Hammond said in the interview.
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1188912 Aug 20, 2014
About the above post. The wife worked for a travel agency that besides doing the bookings for Holiday On Ice, Ringling Bros, Monster Trucks, she also booked for the military. She would come home and say I just booked travel plans for 26 men going so and so. We'd watch the news and sure enough something would happen near where they went.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1188913 Aug 20, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always a pleasure for me to read your deflecting rhetoric because you can't refute anything I said. While expected, I'm glad you didn't copy and paste for once, which means you're actually formulating your own opinions now. Albeit stupid ones, at least you don't have to cite it and can fill credit for your own idiocy. What's funny is that you're still talking about the Carter and his failed policy. Nothing like endorsing failure still. My suggestion is to read a book, educate yourself, and pretend like you weren't the beneficiary of a lackluster education with the CPS. The mind is a terrible thing to waste just like tax payers having to pay for your freebies.
My, My, but thou doth protest too much, and you sound just like old Waxturd, bragging about how intelligent and just what a great education that you received..When it is way beyond obvious that you are sadly lacking in common sense while suffering from moral decay with a healthy portion of insecurity and loneliness. I suggest you go hug your Teddy Bear Sweetie.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1188914 Aug 20, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
A rook? You've given yourself a promotion.
That's no way to talk to your superior....Maggot.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1188916 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong idiot, it's the other way around by you racist bitches.
Grey I’m sure during his time in Ferguson Holder will be Flanked by Sharpton/Jasckson …you know those Peace Loving Racist!!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1188917 Aug 20, 2014
TSM wrote:
This journalist faith is Dire waiting for Obama to Man-Up!!
This quote fits this Journalist situation ‘You’re Losing Head Over…. Obama!!
Soo Lugnut what do you propose we do, maybe attack Cambodia using Bush logic of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby7-30-15 1 hr Kuuipo 7
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 194,484
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr pingpong 54,346
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr loose cannon 100,289
Holy Name Cathedral High School (Apr '08) 4 hr Gloria Castro 47
Teacher Bully 4 hr cheryl_walsh_is_a... 3
Opportunity knocks at the door only once. 5 hr Q372725176 degree 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages