Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395753 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1189701 Aug 21, 2014
15 people drowned today in what appeared to be a group of rightwingers attempting the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Film at 11.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1189702 Aug 21, 2014
"And finally, Bos, I just want to say thank you for Youkilis." –joking at a fundraiser in Boston about the Red Sox trading their beloved slugger Kevin Youkilis to Chicago White Sox, Obama's hometown team. The line drew boos from the audience.(June 25, 2012)

"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." —Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011

"We're not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you're providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy." —on Wall Street reform, Quincy, Ill., April 29, 2010

"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly." —commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009

"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." --in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

"I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances." --after saying he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008 (Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1189703 Aug 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it. Its the money. You don't want to fund our country? You think we can survive as a country without taxes?? Or did you expect someone else to pay your share.
This is another common Tea Party trait. Being too cheap to fund their own government.
Running the government, or its original intended constitutional limitation, isn't a problem. So, now you're in favor of corporate subsidies?

Pay my share? Share?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1189704 Aug 21, 2014
Homer wrote:
15 people drowned today in what appeared to be a group of rightwingers attempting the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Film at 11.
God I hope you don't think you can sing too!

Hackettstown, NJ

#1189705 Aug 21, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I visit all the time, Homer loves the Jersey Shore, no not that stupid show.
Christie pulled that show's tax advantage indicating they're an embarrassment. LOL They're New Yorkers anyway. I hope you go to the southern beaches.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1189706 Aug 21, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
There is hope in the world that not all rightwingers are dittoheads. Overheard in a car wash yesterday that had a tv on reporting on the beheading of the journalist, a man went to the cashier to pay and said : "And Obama went golfing after that, he did!"
The cashier said nothing, just stared ahead, I stared at him too and when no one responded to his robotic dittohead comment, he just skulked away. I was phenomenal!
I wonder if they realize that they are programmed?
"I wonder if they realize that they are programmed?"

I dunno.

Did you ask the cashier if he was?

Sounds like he was just staring ahead saying nothing.

You should've put your whiskey bottle down and spoke up, lilly.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1189707 Aug 21, 2014
Haz Mat wrote:
<quoted text> Remember me, Your, You're a friggen LIBERAL.
Now how could I forget a future jail bird like you, soon you will be singing a different tune as you have threaten the life of our president [which by the way is a felony] on a national political board. Soon you will see just how easy it is to find criminals like you. Stay tuned BUBBA.

Lapeer, MI

#1189709 Aug 21, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Clear thinking, thoughtful conservatives are getting harder and harder to find - Homer
Homer enters the world of senior dementia and bemoans the loss of his faculties.

Ask the nurse to point out any passing Conservatives for you.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1189710 Aug 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most people prefer to pump their own gas, which is not permitted in New Jersey....
That may change. Unions are dying. You know when a Wal-Mart adds a food market to a store and doesn't get burned down, the unions are weaker, or, at least, not mob controlled anymore.

Besides, Jersey girls don't pump gas.:-)

Lapeer, MI

#1189711 Aug 21, 2014
Homer wrote:
Statistics show that every 6 hours a rightwingers drowns attempting the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Homer and sonic are math-challenged. As such, they've become thread humor and we patronize them warmly.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1189712 Aug 21, 2014
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." -Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." -presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004"

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." -Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." -LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

"They misunderestimated me." -Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." -Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

"I'm the decider, and I decide what is best." -Washington, D.C. April 18, 2006

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." -Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

It's followed by commentary on whether Bush is actually an "idiot" or just inarticulate

With Bush this could go on forever.

Lapeer, MI

#1189713 Aug 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Obama has lost the Daily News.
https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/502291...
"Allah crimes are nothing to lose your head over"

---- Magic Negro in a moment of golfing humor today

"The sound of the Adhan being recited is the most beautiful sound on Earth"

---- Magic Negro bragging about his Islamic faith

How about the sound of an Infidel as he's being behead, Azzhole?

Lapeer, MI

#1189714 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, she must have smelled your shyt again
Well....that's just normal, I suppose, when she' kissing my toosh, Baby.

Wanna little?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1189716 Aug 21, 2014
Haz Mat wrote:
<quoted text> Just get that Senate in November an we got him.LAME DUCK FK
Felons can't vote Goober?

Lapeer, MI

#1189717 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
BAM! Good shot Leo
Low Brow Trailer Park humor is always a hit with sily lily:-)
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1189718 Aug 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Felons can't vote Goober?
So we wont have to worry about seeing you at the voting booth
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1189720 Aug 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Please try and at least keep up with current events. This has been reported ever since Obama decreed the employer-based insurance mandate be pushed back to January 2016 instead of 2015.
He probably thought it best to hold off on the mass confusion a little longer after the first round of mass confusion and millions of Americans got their cancellation letters from their private insurers the end of last year. Think it might backfire again though since millions more Americans will be receiving their employer-based cancellation letters right before the election.
Sounds like secret rightwing gibberish to me doll__no luck on finding an intelligent explanation from a reliable source???
Why am I not surprised?
Oh, and by the way, did you finally discover that 10% of $83.00 is $8.30?

Lapeer, MI

#1189721 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Laura waterboarded George; he loved it
When lily's customers waterboard her, it's from the urinary tract. She loves it.
Nostrilis Waxman

Torrance, CA

#1189722 Aug 21, 2014
Well it's getting close to the time of day when I pretend to get home from work and start posting. Truth be told I spent the entire day here sockpuppeting and spamming, drunk as a skunk and I don't have a job!!!! Just a run of the mill mooch judging my days away on Topix!

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa!!

Lapeer, MI

#1189723 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Oops! Another dittohead!!
lily's getting hiccups again.

Bacchus makes lily so sily

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min RACE 102,504
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Jacques Orleans 216,880
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 41 min GEORGIA 2,706
abby6-29-16 1 hr RACE 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 8,901
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr RACE 1,680
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr PEllen 6,421
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages