Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1656989 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1190129 Aug 22, 2014
INTERNAL THOUGHTS: time to move on...nothing to see here...

'I will not be returning to Ferguson'

http://ryanschuessler.com/2014/08/21/i-will-n...
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1190130 Aug 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
slugs like Realslime unable to tolerate any difference of opinion, surround themselves with fellow limp-wristed dandies....
First you missed his point then you proved his point. Well done.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1190131 Aug 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
why are the poor poor????.....
Often__it's because the justice system has deemed them unemployable.

No job=No computer generated check.

And then it get's worse.

You just don't get it do you oldtimer?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1190132 Aug 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
slugs like Realslime unable to tolerate any difference of opinion, surround themselves with fellow limp-wristed dandies....
You have to be the most despicable hypocrite ever. Do you have any redeeming qualities, a total embarrassment to yourself your country, and basically the human race. A lowlife coward of the lowest order.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1190133 Aug 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed, that is about when it started, prior to that you said your piece and moved on now it's 24/7 rightwing ranting and raving. Now everyone has chosen a side be it right left or middle and so ended any chance at civil discourse.
Hi Homer,
I was waiting for a parking spot at a store; I had turned around and came up behind the car with my blinker on and waited. They pulled out, I pulled in. Right beside me a man pulled in and started screaming at me that I took his spot! I said, no, that's not true, I had been waiting for it with my signal on. Well, he came into the store and started yelling at me "Yeah, that's right, you always get your way as usual, blah, blah, blah" I figured he was a dittohead with a gun so I just walked away. They're driving around in rages, you never know who is packing heat, looking for a fight.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1190134 Aug 22, 2014
Those wacky Christians....

'Denmark: Jewish School Targeted in Anti-Semitic Attack'

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.a...

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1190135 Aug 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You act still a little girl.
How so? By pointing out BO's lies, dishonesty, crimes and yur own willful ignorance and stupidity?
Obama Attack Machine At It Again
The Obama Campaign is lying about Paul Ryan’s Medicare Reform proposals. Will the press let them get away with it? As we sit here laughing. Sure, they’ll cover it. Sure they will. Check out the full article linked above on The Weekly Standard’s website.
Today, at 9:22 a.m., Obama campaign manager Jim Messina sent out an email blasting Mitt Romney’s vice presidential running mate, Wisconsin congressman and House Budget Committee chairman Paul Ryan.“[Ryan's] plan also would end Medicare as we know it by turning it into a voucher system, shifting thousands of dollars in health care costs to seniors,” Messina wrote.
Lies, dummy

“May the CEO POWER RULE FOREVER”

Location hidden

#1190136 Aug 22, 2014
I never stoop to personal insult.I attack ideas.Not people.I do not curse.I state opinions.Some like them.Others do not.That is what debate is all about.And I mean people on the thread.Anyone else is fair game.Like politicians.
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed, that is about when it started, prior to that you said your piece and moved on now it's 24/7 rightwing ranting and raving. Now everyone has chosen a side be it right left or middle and so ended any chance at civil discourse.

“you know i know”

denver

#1190137 Aug 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Are We Better off Now Than We Were Four Years Ago?

National Debt
2009: 10.6 Trillion
Now: 16 Trillion
Treasurydirect.gov

Food Stamps
2009: 32.2 million people enrolled
Now: 46.2 million people enrolled
Bloomberg.com
Unemployment
2009: 7.8%
Now: 8.3%
bls.gov

Median Household Income
2009:$54,983
Now:$50,964
forbes.com

Gas Prices
2009:$1.85
Now:$3.80
Consumerreports.org
eia.gov

His one "success" has been dividing the country even further, especially along racial lines.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1190138 Aug 22, 2014
A new era of government...

'Obama claims ISIL speaks for no religion. Then what’s the “I” in “ISIL” stand for'

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/thecrescat/2014/...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1190139 Aug 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sopping up the tripe from truthout again?
The issue here--you hypersensitive fool--is ISIS is here despite denials from some of your fellow Progressives. ISIS/ISIL is a real threat to the US.
Now that you want to make it about the POTUS, okay let's go down that lane. ISIS/ISIL declared they were at war with the US--what was Obama's response?
Lordy jesus, you are just plain out stupid, a special kind of stupid. did you bother to read my post before commenting, obviously not. In it I said ISIS/ISIL is a threat

What to do about is it a little more complex.

Do we arm the Kurds and risk alienating Turkey and all the other countries with a large Kurdish minority. Arming them may lead to another war, with Kurds establishing their own country then seeking territory from other countries occuppied by Kurds?
Do we help Assad?
Do we make allies of Iran?
Where do you think ISIS is getting its financial, religiouos and political support from?
What country in the neigborhood has the largest Sunni population and is home of radical extremist Wahabbism?

This whole problem stems from removing Saddam from power. It was further excerbated by allowing Malaki, who was in exisle in Iran for years, to exclude Iraqi Sunnis and Kurds from the gov't. He brought this on.

what to do now is something to complex for you simple minded , us or them folk
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1190140 Aug 22, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Why do all rightwingers feel poor people on welfare have cornered the market on cell phones, TV's, fancy shoes, manicures, etc?
Just wondering, do you all get your info from the same source?
"designer clothes and sneakers" (Carol the teacher) they think the poor should be groveling for everything.
Anne

Washington, DC

#1190141 Aug 22, 2014
JAT wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry. I was thinking about two things at once and was reading your and posted something from ImRight59 I was about to comment on. My mistake.
RealBrother may be intense and he may have had it up to here with some of the people on here, but as a black man on an AA forum he resonates. A lot of the things he speaks of lie in the subconscious of many bigots that are unknowingly perpetuating old habits that have made this country the way it is. I know this for a fact. Stereotypes that bigots in America hold are upheld via community through the lie that America's power is in it's White dominated power structure.(I'm sure you disagree) It's subtle and goes almost unnoticed. It's in jokes that are hateful, BUT funny (smile); assumptions based on the real actions of individuals that are used to justify the treatment of large groups; and stirring up fear by calling people savage and characterizing them by the worst example of humanity.
We can do better as a nation, and we must. I don't think RealBrother is a racist by definition. I could be wrong. If he is...I'm sure he would admit it. I would not condone it (never will). If you are black in America you may have some stories told to you by your father/ mother/ grandparents/ uncle that is so racist that it's hard to believe (when you get older) that those types of people just disappeared. Then you come on a forum for AA's and there are people just saying the most hateful things ever. Some are old, but worse is that that it's seemingly so easy to come up with new hate talk. This doesn't give people that much room to get rid of their skepticism. And when people are just calling you names based on your race. You will call back if you have pride (or at least time) and feel inclined. This is not racism. Racism comes from thinking your race is better than others. Most blacks I know think people are equal, but all of them can be made to believe anything; black, white, and all colors in between.
Sorry for the long post. peace.
"Realbrother003" is a dyed-in-the-wool misogynist, because he spews hatred for women every chance he gets. Denigrating 50+% of black folks only alienates the very black women who should be black men's allies. He has said some stupidly toxic things like man-hating lesbians should marry. How crazy is that? I get fed up with the nonsense he and others like to post, in the name of black unity. He also doesn't have to admit to also being a racist, because he proves it by his very words. I see him as a mirror image of the self-righteous intolerance and racism that he likes to condemn, only in blackface.

“you know i know”

denver

#1190142 Aug 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Four Years of Lies in one Video

This video review of Obama highlights some of the most important lies from Obama over the past four years.
Here’s just a few of the big issues covered:
Transparency
Healthcare Takeover: Cost, Keep your doctor, rob medicare, Single Payer
No Tax increases on the Middle Class Read the rest of this entry »

TSM

El Paso, TX

#1190143 Aug 22, 2014
Media packing up…. The Liberal narrative in Ferguson is starting to Fade as more Facts Surface!!

“you know i know”

denver

#1190144 Aug 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Good old Mitt:

It was clear to Mitt Romney within 24 hours that the Libyan embassy attack was a terrorist attack. Barrack Obama quickly criticized Romney for shooting first and aiming later and went on for the next two weeks to blame the attack on demonstrations over a 6th grade level production about Islam on YouTube.

Barry's own people died
then he lied
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1190145 Aug 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
why are the poor poor????.....
Half the county has abandoned them(rightwingers) and the other half panders to them.

The poor choose the lesser of two evils.
Obumbles the Zero

New York, NY

#1190146 Aug 22, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you can almost just spot them by the permanent grimace on their faces. They blurt out stuff in the middle of stores hoping some kindred spirit will bite
"Oh, Obamas golfing again" in the middle of Publix! Totally whack.
Funny, a couple of weeks ago I heard just the opposite:
There was a hush from the crowd and then a collective gasp followed by, "Oh, Obama is actually in the White House for once" in the middle of Times Square! Totally accurate.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1190147 Aug 22, 2014
Nothing to see here...

'#Ferguson: NAACP says Micheal Brown star witness being guilty of lying to police ‘doesn’t concern’ them'

http://conservativehideout.com/2014/08/22/fer...

“you know i know”

denver

#1190148 Aug 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Libya Lies

We were told for two weeks that it was a demonstration when the White House knew within a few hours that it was a terrorist attack.
A live feed was available from a drone that was flying over Benghazi.

Obama’s Failure to Lead
Obama went campaigning after he knew there had been a terrorist attack.
Obama mentioned terrorist attack only once in the rose garden.
Obama didn’t speak until after Mitt Romney.
Criticized Mitt Romney for shooting first and aiming later.

Failure to Protect
3 Requests were made for backup. Those requests were denied.
With a 7 hour battle, help was within reach.
White House refuses to say where Obama was while the attack occurred

My own impeccable sources have revealed he was hiding under his bed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr what a russsh 11,557
Trump is A 5 hr Chilli J 165
Shouldn't this skank apologize B4 next session? 6 hr SQUAW B Malignant 13
Juanita Broaddrick explains why she supported T... 6 hr BUBBA GUILTY 2
Moore Jones will be close. 7 hr The Predicting Kimd 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 hr They cannot kill ... 3,731
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Dudley 64,306

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages