Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418090 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1189504 Aug 21, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact remains you GD whiny leftists think the current UE benefits aren't long enough. How long should we pay people to not work, Davey?
How about a ¨f*ck the leeches¨ platform?

Says the little fat hypocritical bitch that spends his every awakened hour bitching. LMAO

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1189505 Aug 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You and those like you are pathetic, at least Obama tried, he also got Osama when your cowboy said he didn't care. We are waging a smart war now in Iraq as opposed to your idiotic one. You are one confused warped hate filled puppy.
Killing Osama bin Laden created this mess. Chicago knows how this works, they kill a gang banger leader or jail him and twenty more sectors spring up to take over. More Islam leaders now because Osama is dead. More Islam killers, since Osama bin Laden was killed. More innocent people who will not convert to Islam are being killed, since O'bama killed bin Laden. You can't kill a leader and not understand the reality of what happens after the fact. You can't run around like O'bama saying Osama is dead and Al Queda is on the run. They sure did run. Like democrats they changed their name-and unified their killing machine.
Patrick

United States

#1189506 Aug 21, 2014
flack wrote:
The protection of America itself will assume a high priority in a new century. Once a strategic afterthought, homeland defense has become an urgent duty. For most of our history, America felt safe behind two great oceans. But with the spread of technology, distance no longer means security.
L..........

Can not most likely prevent attacks on soft targets as Bush did Not prevent 9-11. We can retaliate as Bush did after 9-11.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1189507 Aug 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Youare on Social Security and Medicare .....seems to work for you and is did of Annne Rand.
Point
The government is making good on giving back what they took from me so far. So it's working out for me and my generation. Don't know if it will be the same for yours.

Don't receive Medicare. Not holding my breath if it will be there in a few more years. Much less when you turn 65.

The government ruins everything it touches. Obamacare is the latest example. Point.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1189509 Aug 21, 2014
flack wrote:
The protection of America itself will assume a high priority in a new century. Once a strategic afterthought, homeland defense has become an urgent duty. For most of our history, America felt safe behind two great oceans. But with the spread of technology, distance no longer means security.
Let me be clear. Our first line of defense is a simple message: Every group or nation must know, if they sponsor such attacks, our response will be devastating.
We will defend the American homeland by strengthening our intelligence community – focusing on human intelligence and the early detection of terrorist operations both here and abroad. And when direct threats to America are discovered, I know that the best defense can be a strong and swift offense – including the use of Special Operations Forces and long-range strike capabilities.
I will put a high priority on detecting and responding to terrorism on our soil. The federal government must take this threat seriously – working closely with researchers and industry to increase surveillance and develop treatments for chemical and biological agents.
Now I wonder who said these?
I'm betting it wasn't you?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1189510 Aug 21, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The web of lies and "scientific" fictions that has propped up the vaccine industry for decades is headed for collapse. Those who promoted these vaccines will rightly be seen as the racist eugenics promoters they truly are. The very term "vaccine" will soon be synonymous with "scientific fraud." The history of modern medicine changes course in just a few days. Soon, the whole world will know that the vaccine empire operating today was built upon a foundation of callous racism, medical lies and scientific fraud.
Once again a racist like you sonic will be pushed down. Keep perpetrating the lies.
i hear a whole lot of talking but nothing to back it up.

good luck with that.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1189511 Aug 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Youare on Social Security and Medicare .....seems to work for you and is did of Annne Rand.
Point
I'm sure your point didn't sink in....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1189513 Aug 21, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Brown was lawfully detained, he assaulted the arresting officer, and was shot.
Next?
Yep. Move along son...

Move along....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1189514 Aug 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You and those like you are pathetic, at least Obama tried, he also got Osama when your cowboy said he didn't care. We are waging a smart war now in Iraq as opposed to your idiotic one. You are one confused warped hate filled puppy.
the US is back in Iraq to stay, worse than ever.....

Vietnam all over again....

Obama's cowardice in the face of genocide did not poll well.....
Patrick

United States

#1189515 Aug 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The government is making good on giving back what they took from me so far. So it's working out for me and my generation. Don't know if it will be the same for yours.
Don't receive Medicare. Not holding my breath if it will be there in a few more years. Much less when you turn 65.
The government ruins everything it touches. Obamacare is the latest example. Point.
Same post you issued in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Gloom and doom for those not in step with your thinking.
Doubt if you foresee Americas future?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1189516 Aug 21, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the criminal looters pretending to be protesting?
poor baby. clueless again...

as usual....

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1189517 Aug 21, 2014
Haz Mat wrote:
<quoted text>If it doesn't happen then we may start shooting like those (LIBERAL) black gangbangers in Ferguson,so tell your boy not to see any plays in Ford's theatre or visit Dallas any time soon.
Reported for abuse.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1189518 Aug 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
A US secret military mission had "recently" tried but failed "to free a number of American hostages held in Syria", the Pentagon has revealed.
so, the US has had "boots on the ground" in Syria.....

Obama lied again.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1189519 Aug 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Mindless blather.

You'll love Medicare and it will free up a lot of hubs cash.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1189520 Aug 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm rubber and "YOU'RE" glue, dumbo. Obvious Short bus syndrome.
You are .... but there was no need to demonstrate it. It's obvious in your day to day postings.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1189521 Aug 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Kristol Would Like to Remind You of Winston Churchill's Rabid Bigotry
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
just the facts.
Churchill recognized the disaster of Islam in "The River War" (1899):

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property -- either as a child, a wife, or a concubine -- must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die. But the influence of the religion paralyzes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proseltyzing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science -- the science against which it had vainly struggled -- the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Big Chief Blackface still thinks Muslims are good guys.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1189522 Aug 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the US is back in Iraq to stay, worse than ever.....
Vietnam all over again....
Obama's cowardice in the face of genocide did not poll well.....
Clueless trollsht.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1189523 Aug 21, 2014
Not a single commie Obama voter here has complained about Obama sending troops to Iraq.

Where is Code Pink now?
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1189524 Aug 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me for not taking myself nearly as seriously as you nutjobs do yourselves. and i'm not even the one on the wrong side of nearly every issue of the day!
it's very hard to take you bagger types seriously. so....fun and games with the right wing crazy folk!!
Yawn!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1189525 Aug 21, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Reported for abuse.
Reported for being whiney crybaby and moran.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 22 min PEllen 6,695
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 24 min PEllen 9,381
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 25 min PEllen 3,033
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 26 min PEllen 1,932
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Buster Steinbeizer 222,401
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,466
Jesus Christ is alive 1 hr Messenger 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages