Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188330 Aug 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a two way street. The victim is also innocent until proven guilty. You have repeatedly claimed that Brown charged the officer. That has not been proven. All I'm saying is you need to hold judgment until the facts are in.
liar.....

Galt has repeatedly stated that there is no evidence that the cop committed a crime....

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1188331 Aug 19, 2014
Mugsy makes a good point,
GlobalWarming & the m.Brotherhood have similarities in operational style.
: oppress discussion
: discredit opposition
: change name and keep multiple masks on standby.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1188332 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
what kind of parent would allow their child to demonstrate in the street in Ferguson???...
A parent looking for justice. I thought you were against out of control cops? I guess it's okay if the victim is black?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1188333 Aug 19, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Lehmberg, 63, was apprehended in April 2013 with an open bottle of vodka in her car and a blood alcohol level of 0.23 — nearly three times the 0.08 legal limit. She later pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated and was sentenced to 45 days in jail.
Yes in liberal terms who would be more qualified to lead the public integrity unit. LOL
So what. How many politicians in Texas have been arrested on a DUI. Did your buddy Rick Perry fire them all or try???

The people can elect anyone they want. In your hero Rock Perry's own words, let it be settled at the ballot box.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1188334 Aug 19, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boo hoo, the little white cop was sceeered of the big black bully! Why didn't the cop call for back up? The cop obviously is incompetent and displayed lack of training. Get in the car and call for back up, tase him, shoot him in the legs; there are various things that could have been done. There is video showing the cop walking back and forth near the dead kid; his actions caused the whole city to be destroyed. He should be fired immediately.
It's pretty obvious that police force needs to be dismantled from top to bottom. I find it amazing how every single one of these baggers on here have condemned all of the actions from the black side and praised all of the actions from the white side...Yet when they are confronted with being a racist they cry he loudest. Talk about hypocrites and lying maggots they don't come any lower.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1188335 Aug 19, 2014
This is the type of attitudes Liberalism creates ….Ferguson Looter:'I'm Proud of Us. We Deserve This' this is just another example of Fail Liberal Policies!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188336 Aug 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a two way street. The victim is also innocent until proven guilty. You have repeatedly claimed that Brown charged the officer. That has not been proven. All I'm saying is you need to hold judgment until the facts are in.
the so-called victim clearly committed a felony in the convenience store....
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1188337 Aug 19, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of the whole thing took three minutes don't you understand.
So you are saying that you would have shot and killed the young man also? You are aware that police officers have options, huh liar. You are just as big a pig as most baggers are on here, you just fail miserably at hiding your phoniness, and you aren't even equipped to do that very well. LOSER.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1188338 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
do you think the cop should be charged with a crime without any evidence, in order to calm down the mob???...
and would that work???...
Absolutely not!! I believe the protestor's actions are representative of "racial distrust" more than the killing of Brown. He was just the straw that broke the camels back. Personally, I don't believe the police officers are "white bigots" but, then again, I don't live in the South.

What you don't seem to understand is that I have not cast judgment in this case. At the current time, my personal opinion about the guilt or innocence of the police officer is irrelevant as it is based on incomplete evidence. So is yours.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1188339 Aug 19, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>
wow!
i hope this revelation helps you. self reflection can be a powerful tool for individual growth.
lol! Short aapl....

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1188340 Aug 19, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>When a person is stuck on a single ideology... especially a political one... it's hard for them to see the same issue from any other angle.
Thus, their only recourse it to TELL YOU how wrong you are.
And that's the best they can offer!
"yuck"
Little girl you are a perfect example of what you post. You are stuck on a single ideology, more taxes, more spending, more debt and more handouts to the deadbeats. You make it a point to point out how wrong every one who disagrees with your inane thoughts.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1188341 Aug 19, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boo hoo, the little white cop was sceeered of the big black bully! Why didn't the cop call for back up? The cop obviously is incompetent and displayed lack of training. Get in the car and call for back up, tase him, shoot him in the legs; there are various things that could have been done. There is video showing the cop walking back and forth near the dead kid; his actions caused the whole city to be destroyed. He should be fired immediately.
He was pacing because he was working off his adrenaline rush, dimwit.
And the "whole" city was not destroyed.

I'd like to see how you would handle "any" huge man who was keeping you from either getting out of or into your car.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1188342 Aug 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Never let a crisis go to waste. It's reported a voter registration table was set up near a makeshift Michael Brown memorial.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025398...
Wow, what an ignorant f*ck.

Getting residents to register to vote to make changes through the election process instead of rioting & protesting.

Why are you afraid of that???
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1188343 Aug 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Sorry about the multiple posts. We're in the process of getting a new computer. This one's starting to act a little crazy. Must be programmed by a liberal?
Sure wish more liberals would stop acting crazy and believing such crazy things. Is that even in the realm of possibility? Because it would restore my faith in them as Americans again.
But it's late. Just catching up...and have. Night.
lol! So how are you going to know the next machine you get is programmed by the conservative son?

I bet you'll be using the same programs again too, eh?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1188344 Aug 19, 2014
6th Amendment to the Constitution -

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

Show me in the Constitution where cops have the right to shoot the accused in the head. Unarmed mind you.

Homer a Constitutionalist unlike you Rightwingers.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1188345 Aug 19, 2014
Donnie wrote:
Police Sources Tell Reporter That More Witnesses Are Coming Forward To Confirm Officer’s Account
By Caroline Schaeffer 2 hours ago
On Friday, someone claiming to be a friend of Officer Darren Wilson, the policeman involved in the shooting death of Michael Brown, gave an account that was very different from other stories we had heard.
In “Josie’s” version of events, Wilson asked Brown and Dorian Johnson, 22, to move out of the street, before they became confrontational. When Wilson heard about the strong-arm robbery on the radio, he tried to get out of the car, and Brown slammed his door shut.
And, then he opened the car again. He tried to get out. He stands up. And then Michael just bum-rushes him and shoves him back into the car. Punches him in the face and then Darren grabs for his gun.
Michael grabbed for the gun. At one point he got the gun entirely turned against his hip. And he shoves it away. And the gun goes off.
That account was confirmed by several sources in Ferguson speaking with CNN’s Don Lemon, who told him that it matched Officer Wilson’s account.
And Monday night, St. Louis Dispatch reporter Christine Byers tweeted that that recounting of events has been backed up by even more people on the ground in Ferguson.
This description of events contradicts Johnson’s account, who claimed Brown had his hands up when Wilson shot him in the back.
This information came after one of the most violent nights in the St. Louis suburb. Earlier that day, Missouri Governor Jay Nixon (D) had lifted the midnight curfew the state had imposed on the city for the previous two nights, The Hill reports.
----------
First the autopsy doesn't corroborate with Dorian Johnson's version of what happened to his friend Michael Brown and now this ..... OMG....looks like the media frenzy about the gentle giant was all crap!
Sure, they will start coming out of the woodwork and Fox News will give each and everyone of them their 15 minutes of fame.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1188346 Aug 19, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
The CRA was an ostensible failure that caused the massive housing bubble we are in. Nothing like another failed liberal policy that did nothing but cost tax payers more money all in attempt to force banks to give out untenable loans. Of course, you're probably not a tax payer, so it doesn't matter to you. Typical liberal!
Really son?

So tell me.... when did they repeal CRA?

Let's see if you're as smart as you claim to be since all you have are your opinions son.....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1188347 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the so-called victim clearly committed a felony in the convenience store....
As well as assaulting the officer the first time. A major no no.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1188348 Aug 19, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want to go back and forth about morals and ethics between Republicans and Democrats? You'd lose that one big time. By the way, stay on point and stick to Rick Perry's ridiculous indictment. I can't wait until this foolish issue gets thrown out just so I can hear you laughable liberals grouse some more.
After all, you people have the Church and pedophilia in your back pocket, right son?
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1188349 Aug 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pre" 9/11...Surely, you must have known that's what I meant. But rather than correct me and respond to the obvious content of the post, you wimped out.
Let's start over.
So Saddam's history of using WMDs on his enemies "pre" 9/11 wouldn't have given you any reason to believe he wouldn't have found a way to get them to the USA somehow post 9/11?
Don't wimp out again. You have no escape route this time.
Well Carol, considering your penchant for erroneous and even patently false posts it's easy to see why people would take your words for exactly how you stated them. I figured out that you were exhibiting your usual sloppiness.
9/11 didn't have a damned thing to do with Bush's disastrous decision to invade Iraq. Saddam Hussein was in his crosshairs from the day he took office.
Once again, you don't spend blood and treasure on what someone "might" do. Especially not on flimsy and fabricated evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 187,924
Ask Amy 5-6-15 57 min Mister Tonka 4
Dear Abby 5-6-15 1 hr Mister Tonka 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr helpful explainer 99,415
News Chicago signs compare homeless to rodents 1 hr YesRodentsAll 3
Bill Clinton's Wife. 1 hr BlindHelenKeller 9
Did Keith Sus die in 2008 while riding motorcycle? (Oct '13) 2 hr Mama Mia 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]