Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1682704 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1189048 Aug 20, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>What can you expect from a poster who states, "he had no right to depose of her..." Why do you bother with casting your pearls before swine?
Look who's talkin', babee.

Go back to school and learn how to smell.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1189049 Aug 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Obama afraid to meet with the bruthas in Ferguson....
He sent Holder, both Obama/Holder speaks with Fork Tongue, Obama missing another Round Of Golf would be a Sin!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1189050 Aug 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
let's try the truth, shall we?
Not Muslims, but Arab-Americans
A chain e-mail going around takes statements out of context from Sen. Barack Obama's books Dreams from My Father and The Audacity of Hope
The e-mail distorts Obama's quote and misrepresents who he was talking about, lumping together an entire religion when he was talking to two groups of people in the context of discrimination. It's a significant alteration to the meaning of what Obama said, and we find it to be False.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Obama said "Muslims".....

Arab-Americans are not necessarily Muslims....

in fact, Obama's ISIS friends are murdering lots of Arabs who do not share their narrow Islamic cult...

Politifact is a Soros Communist operation....

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1189051 Aug 20, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Weather underground
Black Panthers
Symbionese Liberation Army
Aren't all of these about forty years old? not in existence any more? What are you rightwing nuts so scared of?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1189053 Aug 20, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who's talkin', babee.
Go back to school and learn how to smell.
Learn how to SMELL? Well, babee, I bet you could teach me, but who wants to smell like overused shit? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1189054 Aug 20, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
foolish....

“What America is currently exhibiting is the worst kind of absurd theatrics and the whole world is being held hostage… Most importantly, the Republicans have turned a dispute over a technicality into a religious war, which no longer has any relation to a reasonable dispute between the elected government and the opposition.”

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1189055 Aug 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
Good afternoon rightwing domestic terrorists and normal people. How's everybody today?
Good evening Homer, what brings you to this din of iniquity filled with mostly Waxturds under about ten different names? I guess when you don't have a friend in the world you have to pretend.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1189056 Aug 20, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't all of these about forty years old? not in existence any more? What are you rightwing nuts so scared of?
Some of them went on to become college professors.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1189057 Aug 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
in fact, Obama's ISIS friends are murdering lots of Arabs who do not share their narrow Islamic cult...
can you prove he said Muslims?

no.

Tea Party myths don't become fact just because your dumbass says so. put up or stfu.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1189058 Aug 20, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't all of these about forty years old? not in existence any more? What are you rightwing nuts so scared of?
Come on Leo, you know most of these old fat no life bagger men are still living in the past. OOps and one old decrepit senile woman...Carol.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1189059 Aug 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Galt ... They are correct .... Obama never stated that he would side with Muslims in his book. But then what he says and his actions are two different things.

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1189060 Aug 20, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't confuse liberals with the facts because they're completely devoid of them. It never ceases to amaze me with the amount of fatuous drivel that comes out of their mouths. It's like a vicious cycle of dullards who spew out the same things over and over because they can't think for themselves. These are the same people who have become ensnared in a system that continues to keep them down thereby depending on the government for handouts. The idea that they want to try and compare those miniscule countries to America, which houses nearly 315 million people, is probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Then to add insult to injury, this same ignoramus is lauding Canada's health care system, which is inefficient with major wait times? There is a reason why people fly to the US for treatment because these Socialized models can't possibly accommodate everyone. That said, don't these greedy liberal parasites have any shame in stealing other people's money?
Pure unadulterated bullcrap moron. You're the one who's proved to be the one totally devoid of facts.
Your asinine comments on the Canadian health system are a prime example.
People are not crossing the border for treatment you damned liar. A study published in the peer-reviewed journal Health Affairs totally debunks this. The authors of the study started by surveying 136 ambulatory care facilities near the U.S.-Canada border in Michigan, New York and Washington. It makes sense that Canadians crossing the border for care would favor places close by, right? It turns out, however, that about 80 percent of such facilities saw, on average, fewer than one Canadian per month; about 40 percent had seen none in the preceding year.
Then, the researchers looked at how many Canadians were discharged over a five-year period from acute-care hospitals in the same three states. They found that more than 80 percent of these hospital visits were for emergency or urgent care (that is, tourists who had to go to the emergency room). Only about 20 percent of the visits were for elective procedures or care.
Finally, the study’s authors examined data from the 18,000 Canadians who participated in the National Population Health Survey. In the previous year, 90 of those 18,000 Canadians had received care in the United States; only 20 of them, however, reported going to the United States expressively for the purpose of obtaining care.
Your assertions about wait times are off too. There are wait times for elective procedures but that's because Canadians have decided to hold down costs. There are no wait times for urgent or emergency procedures.
You're an idiot Mugsy; you always have been and always will be!
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1189061 Aug 20, 2014
leosnana wrote:
And George Bush hasn't been president for the last 6 years but that dosen't stop you nuts from referencing him for everything from the economy to the weather.

And in case you haven't taken your head out of the sand for several years the black panther party is currently alive and well. So was it really necessary for you to lie to make your point?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1189062 Aug 20, 2014
Crashing the Party

Why the GOP Must Modernize to Win

Three big trends have decisively changed the Republican Party over the past decade, weakening its ability to win presidential elections and gravely inhibiting its ability to govern effectively if it nevertheless somehow were to win. First, Republicans have come to rely more and more on the votes of the elderly, the most government-dependent segment of the population -- a serious complication for a party committed to reducing government. Second, the Republican donor class has grown more ideologically extreme, encouraging congressional Republicans to embrace ever more radical tactics. Third, the party’s internal processes have rigidified, in ways that dangerously inhibit its ability to adapt to changing circumstances. The GOP can overcome the negative consequences of these changes and, in time, surely will. The ominous question for Republicans is, How much time will the overcoming take?

....One of the direst effects of being a party of the old is the risk of becoming infected by the pessimism of the old. It is overwhelmingly tempting to people contemplating mortality to infer that what holds true for them must also hold true for the nation. Who wants to imagine that things will get really good just as they shuffle off the scene? The tone of recent conservatism has been elegiac when it hasn’t been reckless.“To those who say it was never so, that America’s not been better, I say you’re wrong. And I know because I was there. And I have seen it. And I remember.” So said the Republican presidential nominee Bob Dole to the Republican delegates in San Diego in 1996. I was there. I saw it. I remember how they cheered -- and how wrong they were.

Over the decade and a half that followed Dole’s speech, the United States achieved what likely ranks as the swiftest decline in crime in human history. The Internet revolutionized life and business. Auto fatalities plunged, dropping by 8,000 a year. The emissions that cause acid rain were cut in half. The abortion rate dropped to its lowest level since abortions were legalized, in 1973, and tobacco and alcohol consumption fell, too. The proportion of black Americans graduating from college passed 20 percent.

Conservatives may not be optimistic by nature. But even they should at least appreciate that Americans have never had so much worth conserving. The angry, insurrectionary mood of the past half-dozen years is as unjustified as it is dangerous to the stability of American government.

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/141735...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1189063 Aug 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
diverts attention from international disasters created by Obama and rallies the DemoKKKrat base (looters).....
Talk about a looney bird????
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1189064 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Leo, you know most of these old fat no life bagger men are still living in the past. OOps and one old decrepit senile woman...Carol.
Ghost wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1189065 Aug 20, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Brown was a two-bit thug and should have been gunned down a long time ago. Funny, you spearchuckers kill each other and never say a word, even when it is little kids sleeping in their beds and said sperchuckers speed down a street at 60 MPH spraying deadly rounds hoping to kill someone. 80% of you are useless and cowards--I'm includoing the president in that 80%--and should be shipped back to Africa. You are undeserving of this country.
Racist much Paddy?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1189066 Aug 20, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of them went on to become college professors.
That believe in global warming.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1189067 Aug 20, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Galt ... They are correct .... Obama never stated that he would side with Muslims in his book. But then what he says and his actions are two different things.
Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
Pew polls show Bush was more popular in the Middle East than Obama.

right wing explanation/excuse?
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1189068 Aug 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
foolish....
“What America is currently exhibiting is the worst kind of absurd theatrics and the whole world is being held hostage… Most importantly, the Republicans have turned a dispute over a technicality into a religious war, which no longer has any relation to a reasonable dispute between the elected government and the opposition.”
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1...
You do realize that it is 2014? The article that you reference is from 2011 and is in reference to raising the debt ceiling.

Sonic had just about enough intelligence to open his mouth when he wanted to eat, but certainly no more

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 19 min Alain Vain 11,759
maxine waters 1 hr Liberals make me ... 4
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Thor156 3,753
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,734
Trump is A 4 hr CrunchyBacon 370
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr honeymylove 1,023
What to expect when dating a Filipina woman? 6 hr Charlie Pharaoh 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance