Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564445 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1188627 Aug 19, 2014
Now that Rick Perry is turning himself in and will be fingerprinted will there be any cold cases solved?

Will his prints go into the national database?

Just wondering.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1188628 Aug 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Six shots to the head, the worse case of suicide I ever saw.
Funny.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1188629 Aug 19, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
Back before the liberal plantation it meant born out of wedlock. It use to be looked down when morals were still upheld. Not my opinion just the way it was.
Tell me something son.... did black wed back in your good ol' plantation days?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1188630 Aug 19, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Further demonstration as to why you thought that Fairleigh Dickinson University was credible.
I'm thinking you likely got turned down by Fairleigh Dickenson.

Its not the toughest to get into but still they reject half the applicants.

I'm thinking since your hero Christine O'Donnell (witch lady Tea Party Candidate) graduated there that you think all grads are that f*cking stupid.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188631 Aug 19, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>If it was racist, shouldn't he have been found guilty?
are you really that ignorant????.....

a black jury convicting a black folk hero for killing his cheating wife and her Jewish lover.....

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1188632 Aug 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that at least one of the shots to the arm could have been while running away. That could easily be interpreted as being shot in the back.
Of course, you have already decided.
The graze shot in the arm could go either way, inconclusive. Being all the other shots were frontal, I would bet the one in the arm was also.

Ya know? The should open a voter registration table at the makeshift memorial. That would make everyone feel good and stop rioting. LOL
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1188633 Aug 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like Carol.
Here's a link__FM 97.1 News Talk The Dana Show__wanna give us a guess on that shows political content??? Hmmm.
You're a efing clown.
Obviously you felt the need to demonstrate that you are an even bigger clown. Good Job!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1188634 Aug 19, 2014
Later!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1188635 Aug 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
in most jurisdictions, bodies are not moved prior to arrival of the coroner.....
however, a curtain could have been erected around the body.....
by the way, once a person is dead, "What difference does it make?"....
You didn't think your way through that post eh.

A curtain or drop cloth would have been nice eh? Since the area couldn't be cordoned off due to it's other entrances being cordoned off for years as way to keep the natives penned up amongst their own kind.

Did you know that many of the roads there had concrete barriers?

Well__as I always say__ya can't fk up step 2 before ya fk up step 1.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1188637 Aug 19, 2014
Before I go. Shep Smith marveling at a flash flood in a ravine somewhere hear Phoenix AZ. Just how does he think the ravine got there in the first place. I swear libtards are dumber than dirt!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1188638 Aug 19, 2014
Homer wrote:
Now that Rick Perry is turning himself in and will be fingerprinted will there be any cold cases solved?
Will his prints go into the national database?
Just wondering.
Shucks yes__and swab his mouth and stick his DNA into the national database on the odd chance that he__well you know.

Treat him like anyone else charged with a felony__give him a finger wave too.

And leak the video to TMZ like they do with all the other starz.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1188639 Aug 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking you likely got turned down by Fairleigh Dickenson.
Its not the toughest to get into but still they reject half the applicants.
I'm thinking since your hero Christine O'Donnell (witch lady Tea Party Candidate) graduated there that you think all grads are that f*cking stupid.
I'm thinking that my academic achievements most likely dwarf anything that you might have accomplished in life. I make this assumption based on you childish attempt to connect me to someone that I have no affiliation with but that you believe that such would be insulting. You and Ghost should get together ... between the two of you collectively you should be able to break 100 in IQ.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188640 Aug 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't think your way through that post eh.
A curtain or drop cloth would have been nice eh? Since the area couldn't be cordoned off due to it's other entrances being cordoned off for years as way to keep the natives penned up amongst their own kind.
Did you know that many of the roads there had concrete barriers?
Well__as I always say__ya can't fk up step 2 before ya fk up step 1.
police and fire rescue personnel hide bodies from public view every day, without touching the body......

and once again, once the person is dead, "What difference does it make?"....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1188641 Aug 19, 2014
Market up, Flack and Galt wrong as usual.

Homer paid $3.17 for gas last week.

Flack wrong about that too.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1188642 Aug 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Shucks yes__and swab his mouth and stick his DNA into the national database on the odd chance that he__well you know.
Treat him like anyone else charged with a felony__give him a finger wave too.
And leak the video to TMZ like they do with all the other starz.
He'll come out of it a rightwing hero, win the nomination and proceed to be crushed by Hillary.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1188643 Aug 19, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking that my academic achievements most likely dwarf anything that you might have accomplished in life. I make this assumption based on you childish attempt to connect me to someone that I have no affiliation with but that you believe that such would be insulting. You and Ghost should get together ... between the two of you collectively you should be able to break 100 in IQ.
Calm down boobie, no need to get so upset.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188644 Aug 19, 2014
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson says officers warned a suspect multiple times to put down his weapon before they shot and killed him.

The shooting happened around 1 p.m. Tuesday at McLaran and Riverview. Police say the suspect tried to rob the Six Star Market convenience store with a knife. Chief Sam Dotson said the store owner let the man leave the store. A St. Louis City Alderwomam witnessed the man walking erratically around and called police.

When officers arrived, the suspect refused to put down weapon despite multiple verbal command by police. Chief Sam Dotson says the man yelled at officers “shoot me now” several times. Witnesses also confirmed what the man said.

Dotson says the man continued to refuse the officer’s commands, approached within three to four feet of them with the knife in an attack posture.

Both officers opened fire on the suspect killing him. No officers were injured.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1188645 Aug 19, 2014
Friend of Darren Wilson gives his version on talk radio:

http://danaloeschradio.com/alleged-friend-of-...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1188646 Aug 19, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to buy a dictionary, and a tutor to teach you how to read it.
Media Matters for America

RSS
About
Contact

Blog
Video
Research
Issues
Mythopedia
TAKE ACTION
Follow us on Google +
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook
DONATE

Seven Surveys Make A Trend For Fox And Viewers
Blog ››› November 22, 2011 1:35 PM EST ››› ERIC BOEHLERT
Print Email

The release yesterday of yet another survey indicating the more you watch Fox News the less they know, has once again shone a spotlight on one of the unique features that defines Rupert Murdoch's cable news outlet - it is very, very good at misinforming people. And it's very bad at reporting the news.

In other words: Propaganda? Yes. News? Not so much.

It's true that the most recent survey, conducted by Fairleigh Dickinson University, only polled adults in New Jersey and doesn't represent national indictment against Fox. Nonetheless, the findings created a media stir because they reinforce what pollsters and academics previously discovered; that one of the country's all-news channels consistently leaves viewers less informed.

What's stunning is how many different areas of the news and public policy Fox viewers are misinformed about. For instance, the Fairleigh Dickinson survey asked viewers about recent grassroots uprisings in Arab nations [emphasis added]:

For example, people who watch Fox News, the most popular of the 24-hour cable news networks, are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government than those who watch no news at all..... Fox News watchers are also 6-points less likely to know that Syrians have not yet overthrown their government than those who watch no news.

That just means we can add the Arab Spring to the laundry list of issues Fox fans are less knowledgeable about. Here are some previously documented examples.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1188647 Aug 19, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Jon Stewart says those who watch Fox News are the "most consistently misinformed media viewers"
False
Share this story:

EDITOR'S NOTE: On the June 21, 2011, edition of The Daily Show, Jon Stewart accepted our False verdict and apologized, saying, "I defer to (PolitiFact's) judgment and apologize for my mistake. To not do so would be irresponsible."

On the June 19, 2011, edition of Fox News Sunday, comedian Jon Stewart -- host of The Daily Show on Comedy Central -- sat down for an interview with Chris Wallace. Many readers asked us to review one of his claims.

"Who are the most consistently misinformed media viewers?" Stewart asked Wallace. "The most consistently misinformed? Fox, Fox viewers, consistently, every poll."

Wallace didn’t challenge Stewart’s assertion that Fox -- widely perceived as a conservative-leaning network -- produced more misinformed viewers. But we thought it was an assessment worth checking.

We found two polling organizations that have produced periodic "knowledge" surveys differentiated by the respondent’s frequent news sources. One is the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press, and the other is worldpublicopinion.org , a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 242,251
Review; Festa Italiana 3 hr Fest man 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 11,015
Rahm Emmanuel fake mafia boss 6 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Spanx-they're for me. 10 hr test 6
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 12 hr Blame muslims 9
WHO'D have thunk it? 12 hr Art Vandalay 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages