Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1743742 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Hayden

Ft Mitchell, KY

#1188830 Aug 19, 2014
Worthless blue gum
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1188831 Aug 19, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the chemical weapons Saddam had moved to Syria aboard passenger airliners?
Hey, the good news is that ¨bad intel¨ is now a legit excuse for f**king things up in the Middle East.
Yea.... Yeah! One those stories anyway.

They could never figure out which one they wanted to keep juggling so they kept them all in the air!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1188832 Aug 19, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking for yurself no doubt
poor ham bone....

still screwed mentally....
Ray Donovan

East Hartford, CT

#1188833 Aug 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought it was Governor Ron Reagan who put the mentally ill out on the street.
You're attempting to blame deinstitutionalisation on Reagan?

¨Numerous social forces led to a move for deinstitutionalisation; researchers generally give credit to six main factors.¨

1. Criticism of public mental hospitals.

2. Incorporation of mind-altering drugs in treatment.

3. Support from President Kennedy for federal policy changes.

4. Moves to community-based care.

5. Changes in public perception.

6. Individual states' desires to reduce costs from mental hospitals.

Did DailyKos blame it all on R's? Think Progress? MSNBC?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1188834 Aug 19, 2014
brainwashed nazis, taught by liberals, hired by the park:

Mario Alejandro .
View photo
Mario Alejandro (Courtesy of NJ.com/Mario Alejandro)
TRENTON, N.J.(AP)-- A former Marine who wasn't allowed into an amusement park because he was wearing a shirt with a red, white and blue rifle pictured on it has been given an apology.

Mario Alejandro, who served four years in the U.S. Marine Corps, received a phone call from Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald on Saturday apologizing, and he accepted, NJ.com reported ( http://bit.ly/1v9YY2J ).

Alejandro, a father of three from Woodbridge, said he went to the park with his family on Aug. 9 wearing the shirt, which was a Father's Day gift and was bought from a nonprofit that supports Marines. He said a security guard told him the shirt, which included the phrase "Keep calm and return fire," was offensive and he had to change it or cover it if he wanted to go into the park, located in Jackson.

Suck on that flibbbies
Ray Donovan

East Hartford, CT

#1188835 Aug 19, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yea.... Yeah! One those stories anyway.
They could never figure out which one they wanted to keep juggling so they kept them all in the air!!!
Sure, let's go with the lunatic left's version -¨There never were any!¨

Yeah, that's the ticket!

DUH

“you know i know”

denver

#1188837 Aug 19, 2014
nazi pricks

Senate Democrats demand liquid nicotine rules
Two Connecticut lawmakers on Tuesday announced a drive in Congress to require child-proof bottles of liquid nicotine used for e-cigarettes. Backed by 12 Senate Democrats, it's the latest effort seeking ...
Associated Press

ooooh, the children, the children, we must save them
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188838 Aug 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Every store owner in Ferguson should be issued free rubber bullets.
If things don't get better then they should be issued free Rock Salt Ammunition.
If things STILL don't get better then all Welfare Checks should be stopped to Ferguson, MO
Extreme problems demand extreme measures.
if the police continue to refuse to protect people from the looting mob, then the people need to take extreme action to protect themselves....

“you know i know”

denver

#1188839 Aug 19, 2014
dummies like Davey boy love THEIR 1% er's who produce nothing:

Good Morning America' Hits Hillary Clinton For Lavish Speaking Demands
After the Las Vegas Review-Journal broke news about Hillary Clinton's requests for speaking events, ABC's "Good Morning America" anchor Dan Harris jok... Read more: Hillary Clinton, Hillary Clinton Money, Hillary Clinton Wealth, Hillary Clinton Speaking, Good Morning America, Politics News
The Huffington Post from RSS

“you know i know”

denver

#1188840 Aug 19, 2014
temporary insanity[like being a fliberal] I hope he get's off:

Prosecutor: Killing of drunk driver an 'execution'
Associated Press By JUAN A. LOZANO
6 hours ago

ANGLETON, Texas (AP)— A drunk driver did not deserve "execution" by a Texas father accused of taking the law into his own hands in a fit of rage over the killing of his two sons in a wreck, a prosecutor told jurors on Tuesday.

David Barajas is accused of fatally shooting Jose Banda in December 2012, minutes after Banda plowed into a pickup truck that Barajas and his two sons had been pushing on a rural road. Twelve-year-old David Jr. died at the scene and 11-year-old Caleb died at a hospital. Barajas' truck had run out of gas about 100 yards from the family's home.

Barajas' attorney told jurors his client did not kill Banda and was focused only on saving his sons.

In opening statements Tuesday in Barajas' murder trial, prosecutor Brian Hrach told jurors Banda made a horrible decision by drinking and driving,

"He deserved severe legal punishment, but he did not deserve a public execution," Hrach said.

Barajas allegedly left the scene of the accident, retrieved a gun from his home and returned to kill Banda.

“you know i know”

denver

#1188841 Aug 19, 2014
of course her parents are innocent, have to be demorats

Girl plunges 550 feet to her death at Yellowstone National Park
An 8-year-old girl plunged some 550 feet (168 meters) to her death at Yellowstone National Park on Sunday after stepping off a trail overlooking a 1,200-foot (366-m) canyon and losing her footing, a park official said on Monday. The child and her family were hiking a popular path along the Grand…
Reuters

“you know i know”

denver

#1188842 Aug 19, 2014
A Brief History of President Obama Not Having Any Friends
Once again, we're reminded that President Obama is aloof and hasn't made friends in Congress, even with his fellow Democrats, thanks to a new story from The New York Times. The Times story interviews several Democrats, including Sen. Harry Reid's chief of staff, Sen. Joe Manchin and others, most of…
The Atlantic Wire

great uniter my foot, cocky ghetto trash
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1188843 Aug 20, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a typical misguided inorant Obama supporter would characterize Benghaxi as a phony scandal. Never mind the fact that four Americans were ambushed and killed including an ambassador, which hasn't happened since 1979. Then you have the most corrupt White House this country will ever see sending out Susan Rice to traipse around lying about what caused the attack that could have easily been prevented. However, that doesn't bother your average liberal because all you people do is lie, cheat, and steal. In other words, the end always justifies the means with the left. Needless to say, Obama is a crook.
Well dimwit here's what the Republican led House Intelligence Committee said about Benghazi;
"This report shows that there was no intelligence failure surrounding the Benghazi attacks that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other brave Americans. Our investigation found the Intelligence Community warned about an increased threat environment, but did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened, Americans which is consistent with testimony that the attacks appeared to be opportunistic. It also found that a mixed group of individuals including those associated with Al-Qaeda, Qadafi loyalists and other Libyan militias participated in the attack. Additionally, the report shows there was no "stand down order" given to American personnel attempting to offer assistance that evening, and no American was left behind.
The report also shows that the process used to develop the talking points was flawed, but that the talking points reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis. Finally, the report demonstrates that there was no illegal activity or illegal arms sales occurring at U.S. facilities in Benghazi. And there was absolutely no evidence, in documents or testimony, that the Intelligence Community's assessments were politically motivated in any way."
You're an idiot Mugsy; you always have been and always will be!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1188844 Aug 20, 2014
TSM wrote:
Mothers of Trayvon/Browns becomes Pen Pals, I guess next Sharpton/Jackson will set up the Pity Tour!!
The MSM is writing this sorry script.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1188845 Aug 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine was an athletic scholarship, nerdie boy. We are at least aware that you don't handle pressure very well, and are prone to sudden outbursts, so that would disqualify from serving in my unit weakling, My IQ was above average, at least the military thought so... I'm no Einstein but then neither are you Goober. I'm at least smart enough to know what a band of idiots baggers are. Way to Al Qaeda like. You are a perfect fit. Suck it up crybaby, pretend to be a man...But wait it's already too late.
I'm sure that the voices in your head cheer you on! LOL

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1188846 Aug 20, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the chemical weapons Saddam had moved to Syria aboard passenger airliners?
Hey, the good news is that ¨bad intel¨ is now a legit excuse for f**king things up in the Middle East.
Yes, Sadam gave his weapons to an ally of his number one enemy Iran.

Ray is dumber than dog sh*t.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1188847 Aug 20, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't there to witness what happened. Making racist remarks after the fact is typical of racially bent doods like you.
Cops have options? Walk a mile in my shoes, as they saying goes.
A 300 Lb ape is attacking you just after he tried taking your gun from you. What are your options? Call the police?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....GFY and and take a couple of looters with you:-)
Is it possible to get anymore hypocritical or stupid than this? So doofus, were you there? So Mr..Albino monkey there isn't anything racist in your post? You most certainly are a nut case and one can only hope confined to an institution. By the way GFY would be the only way possible for a deranged lunatic such as yourself.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1188848 Aug 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if the police continue to refuse to protect people from the looting mob, then the people need to take extreme action to protect themselves....
The 2nd Amendment has its reasons for being there.

We the people......

Lapeer, MI

#1188849 Aug 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
dummies like Davey boy love THEIR 1% er's who produce nothing:
Good Morning America' Hits Hillary Clinton For Lavish Speaking Demands
After the Las Vegas Review-Journal broke news about Hillary Clinton's requests for speaking events, ABC's "Good Morning America" anchor Dan Harris jok... Read more: Hillary Clinton, Hillary Clinton Money, Hillary Clinton Wealth, Hillary Clinton Speaking, Good Morning America, Politics News
The Huffington Post from RSS
Weren't the Clintons broke when they left the White House?

Such extreme poverty has left an indelible mark on Hillary and she has vowed to never be poor again. Sounds a little like Gone With The Wind.

But Hillary's version is called Gone With The Hot Air.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Lapeer, MI

#1188850 Aug 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
temporary insanity[like being a fliberal] I hope he get's off:
Prosecutor: Killing of drunk driver an 'execution'
Associated Press By JUAN A. LOZANO
6 hours ago
ANGLETON, Texas (AP)— A drunk driver did not deserve "execution" by a Texas father accused of taking the law into his own hands in a fit of rage over the killing of his two sons in a wreck, a prosecutor told jurors on Tuesday.
David Barajas is accused of fatally shooting Jose Banda in December 2012, minutes after Banda plowed into a pickup truck that Barajas and his two sons had been pushing on a rural road. Twelve-year-old David Jr. died at the scene and 11-year-old Caleb died at a hospital. Barajas' truck had run out of gas about 100 yards from the family's home.
Barajas' attorney told jurors his client did not kill Banda and was focused only on saving his sons.
In opening statements Tuesday in Barajas' murder trial, prosecutor Brian Hrach told jurors Banda made a horrible decision by drinking and driving,
"He deserved severe legal punishment, but he did not deserve a public execution," Hrach said.
Barajas allegedly left the scene of the accident, retrieved a gun from his home and returned to kill Banda.
They shoot horses, don't they?

Jose Banda is in a better place now.

.....better for the rest of us.

I hope the father gets off on appeal or, if not, is able to escape to a private holdout somewhere outside the reach of U.S. Law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr Julia 12,209
Word (Dec '08) 14 hr Julia 6,961
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 14 hr Julia 1,059
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 14 hr Julia 3,805
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 hr Julia 2,568
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 17 hr SumGuy 218
News 'It's just really strange': Who is beheading th... 18 hr 9rivers 5

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages