Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1760708 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1188296 Aug 19, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Shocker that sonicfilter copied and pasted another post because he's too stupid to think for himself. The difference between liberals and conservatives in this Ferguson case is night and day. Unlike liberals, conservatives will wait for all of the facts to come out before deriving at a conclusion. We won't see things through a racial lense nor riot if things don't go our way. By any means necessary only applies to liberal endorsing thugs. We won't play victim, make excuses, contort facts, nor foment hatred. That said, we abide by the law and don't side with unruly behavior like your average liberal.
the person who wrote that works for FOX.

so there ya go. copy and pasting something from a FOX talking head is me being too stupid to think for myself.

now i know how a FOXbot feels.
Mugsy

United States

#1188298 Aug 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Troll sht getting deep in hear ___who is Mugsy? Floriduh?
Whatever__the stunning and very talented Lauren Simonetti of FOX Business News reports this morning that "the economy is on fire" with the NASDAQ reaching a 14 year high. Yep, since 2000 when Bill Clinton was in office.
Of course only an idiot liberal would cite the quantitatived eased stock market as a barometer for how the economy is doing. Never mind the fact that the Nasdaq only applies to very few Americans who actually have the means to invest. Meanwhile the U6 is dismal, the middle class is shrinking, wages are down, and we have record high food stamp recipients. It's amazing how clueless the left is.
paddyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#1188299 Aug 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
2.5 million conservative viewers. 60.6 million voted for Romney.
rough calculation - 4% of those who voted for Mitt watch FOX.
not very impressive.
You statistic is not even close. As always with you, is it a standard lie from you, or are you just bragging about your stupidity again.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1188300 Aug 19, 2014
flack wrote:
Police Sources Tell Reporter That More Witnesses Are Coming Forward To Confirm Officerís Account
1,739 Shares By Caroline Schaeffer 46 mins ago
On Friday, someone claiming to be a friend of Officer Darren Wilson, the policeman involved in the shooting death of Michael Brown, gave an account that was very different from other stories we had heard.
In ďJosieísĒ version of events, Wilson asked Brown and Dorian Johnson, 22, to move out of the street, before they became confrontational. When Wilson heard about the strong-arm robbery on the radio, he tried to get out of the car, and Brown slammed his door shut.
And, then he opened the car again. He tried to get out. He stands up. And then Michael just bum-rushes him and shoves him back into the car. Punches him in the face and then Darren grabs for his gun.
Michael grabbed for the gun. At one point he got the gun entirely turned against his hip. And he shoves it away. And the gun goes off.
That account was confirmed by several sources in Ferguson speaking with CNNís Don Lemon, who told him that it matched Officer Wilsonís account.
And Monday night, St. Louis Dispatch reporter Christine Byers tweeted that that recounting of events has been backed up by even more people on the ground in Ferguson.
christine byers ferguson
This description of events contradicts Johnsonís account, who claimed Brown had his hands up when Wilson shot him in the back.
This information came after one of the most violent nights in the St. Louis suburb. Earlier that day, Missouri Governor Jay Nixon (D) had lifted the midnight curfew the state had imposed on the city for the previous two nights, The Hill reports.
"Americans need to search their hearts about how they treat young black men"

---- Magic Negro

They're not searching but reaching for their guns, azzhole.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1188301 Aug 19, 2014
flack wrote:
CBS NEWSAugust 19, 2014, 7:10 AM
Testing phase begins for "talking" cars
Nearly 1,100 lives could be saved every year on the roads by cars that talk to each other.
The government is out with new findings on V2V, or vehicle to vehicle, technology, which could stop more than half a million crashes, CBS News correspondent Jeff Pegues reports.
"Talking" cars could lead to safer roads
On-board dedicated short-range radio communication devices would transmit messages about a vehicle's speed, brake status and direction.
With the release of a 300-page National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report, the government is taking another step forward on a plan that within three years could mandate V2V in new cars at a cost of about $345 per vehicle.
In the report, researchers concluded that V2V devices could work "on actual roads with regular drivers".
Car accidents kill more than 30,000 people every year, but vehicles equipped with this technology are expected to save lives.
The agency's deputy administrator David Friedman told CBS News: "One of the things we've done already is put about 3,000 vehicles on the road in Ann Arbor, Michigan, to make sure the technology works in congestion, in rural areas, in urban areas."
But concerns remain about privacy, including whether vehicles will record and track personal information. In addition, Clarence Ditlow with the center for auto safety doesn't believe the technology addresses what he believes is currently the greatest danger to drivers.
"Most accidents are single vehicle crashes," Ditlow said. "It's not a head-on crash between two vehicles that's the most common."
Automakers are studying the technology, but some are concerned that V2V exposes them to more legal risk because it will rely on information from other vehicles they do not control.
I was recently stuck on the 405 heading to long beach (can take 2 hours to go about 40 miles) and I thought that if these damn cars could just talk to each other we could be moving alot faster.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1188302 Aug 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News is facing a lawsuit from a former technician who alleges that while at the network, he faced "daily abuse, fear and humiliation" from other employees because of his race, and when he eventually complained, he was fired.
One instance occurred during the 2008 presidential campaign. According to the complaint filed by Harmeen Jones, 32, who is African-American, two of his coworkers said in front of him that they wouldn't feel comfortable having a black president. Jones alleges that one of the men looked at him, saw he was uncomfortable and said, "[A]m I offending your blackness?"
Another example came during the health care debate, when he and his co-workers were working in the "intake room" with screens showing footage from a tea party rally. "[T]his is what happens when you mess with white people's health care," one of the men allegedly told Jones.
Jones filed the complaint in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, naming Fox News and seven of his former colleagues as defendants. He is seeking $5 million in damages.
"Fox News has not received a complaint and therefore cannot comment," a spokesperson said in a statement to The Huffington Post.
The complaint alleges that several of the defendants "continually made racist, sexist, and extremely offensive comments throughout the course of every working day. These comments concerned African-Americans, Arabs, Muslims, Hispanics, women, and Jews." Jones also claims he was often told "you look like a gangster" or "like you're ready to shoot someone."
According to Jones, when he tried to speak with other African-American employees at the network, they "told him to keep his head down and not say anything." He claims that he was treated differently -- such as not being allowed to take sick days and being blamed for mistakes he did not have any control over -- and received poor marks on his employee review that were based on reasons that were "factually inaccurate."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/20/fox-...
so what do you have? noise.
I can't wait to get to the bottom of your posts just to see what loony left wing cite your are quoting.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1188303 Aug 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Troll sht getting deep in hear ___who is Mugsy? Floriduh?
Whatever__the stunning and very talented Lauren Simonetti of FOX Business News reports this morning that "the economy is on fire" with the NASDAQ reaching a 14 year high. Yep, since 2000 when Bill Clinton was in office.
I think so, same shyt different name; "it's the culture" LOLOLOLLL
Mugsy

United States

#1188304 Aug 19, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
NOW, MUGGLES... YOU GOT THAT SMELL OF PANIC IN YOUR VOICE ALREADY AN' THAT NOT WHAT YOU WAN' SHOW ME... I ALREADY POINT OUT YOU NO SWINGIN' DICK, YOU A BUTTONED-UP ASSHOLE... AD HOMINEM ATTACK INDEED.. YOU CLOWNS STILLL USIN' THAT LINE?... YOU READ ANY OF THE SHIT PEOPLE POST IN HERE?.. IT MOS'LY ALLLLLLL AD HOMINEM ATTACKS, LIKE YOU UNDERSTAND LATIN... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... UBI EST CULUS MEUS? UBI SEMPER EST, STULTE...
hat's funny is your inability to compile a diatribe using proper grammar, English, and punctuation. Please reread your post and I dare you to tell me you don't sound uneducated? What is "MOS'LY"? "ALLLLLLL"? Are you drunk because the CPS failed you? Please try and write something that is legible instead of depicting the writing level of a third grader. By the way, what's with the caps lock usage? You mad "bruh" as uneducated dolts like to say? Thanks for the comedy though.
Mugsy

United States

#1188305 Aug 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
2.5 million conservative viewers. 60.6 million voted for Romney.
rough calculation - 4% of those who voted for Mitt watch FOX.
not very impressive.
What does that have to do with the overall scope of viewers that Fox garners daily? They are still number one and it is not even close. In fact, they have more viewers than both CNN and MSNBC combined. You're right those as these failed liberal networks aren't impressive. Thanks for playing though.
Mugsy

United States

#1188306 Aug 19, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
You statistic is not even close. As always with you, is it a standard lie from you, or are you just bragging about your stupidity again.
What else do you expect from a lying Obama supporter? That's what happens when their lying hero does that on a daily basis. Most liberals are incapable of being truthful with both themselves and others. Liberalism is a utopian lie that doesn't exist.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1188307 Aug 19, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it that you get so many things wrong all the time? What part of the man was rushing at the cop with his head down. A 300 pound man rushing at you with deadly intent is a weapon just as much as if he had a knife or gun. He had already punched the cop once. The cop was justified in shooting the man. He was in fear of his life.
Oh boo hoo, the little white cop was sceeered of the big black bully! Why didn't the cop call for back up? The cop obviously is incompetent and displayed lack of training. Get in the car and call for back up, tase him, shoot him in the legs; there are various things that could have been done. There is video showing the cop walking back and forth near the dead kid; his actions caused the whole city to be destroyed. He should be fired immediately.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1188308 Aug 19, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you're another ornery intolerant liberal who can't handle the truth and thus has to resort to ad hominem. That's what happens when misguided individuals like yourself can't refute the opposition. Perhaps you could use a tissue to wipe up those tears my liberal counterpart? Or are you guys calling yourselves progressives these days? By the way, I post under the same name and am not sure what difference it would make to do otherwise? You can still tell who is who by their style of writing in most cases. As reiterated before, let me know if you blinded misguided robot liberals need a tissue and I'd be glad to send you one?
Since it would be obvious even to the blind who and which party is doing all of the whining and crying, you are so fkn stupid you can't even see that..I and most from the left only show your obsessions basically we are the happy ones and you baggers wouldn't be happy even if we hung you with a new rope. Professional crybabies the lot of you.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1188309 Aug 19, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with the overall scope of viewers that Fox garners daily? They are still number one and it is not even close. In fact, they have more viewers than both CNN and MSNBC combined. You're right those as these failed liberal networks aren't impressive. Thanks for playing though.
LOL! They are number one to the number one dummies like you who lap it up daily and vomit it back up everywhere you go as if you know anything; You're all dumber than dirt. Mindless cretins

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1188310 Aug 19, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Liar.
Obsess much??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1188311 Aug 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...sonic still won't take a math class, eh?
me?

Nazis Canít Do Math: Reflections on Racism, Crime and the Illiteracy of Right-Wing Statistical Analysis

http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/nazis-cant-do-...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188312 Aug 19, 2014
what kind of parent would allow their child to demonstrate in the street in Ferguson???...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1188313 Aug 19, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure dumbo it's your only watering hole where they sing your songs teach your bigotry, preach your religion [women. Immigrants, Homosexuals, Religion] so all of you Wildebeest gather like all creatures of habit do. Compared to regular news CBS, NBC, ABC, you are not even close moron. Us liberals like diversity and have open minds...By definition alone Conservative is one opposed to change, set in their ways, unwilling to change...Other words Neanderthals like your crybaby ass.
Patrick

United States

#1188314 Aug 19, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boo hoo, the little white cop was sceeered of the big black bully! Why didn't the cop call for back up? The cop obviously is incompetent and displayed lack of training. Get in the car and call for back up, tase him, shoot him in the legs; there are various things that could have been done. There is video showing the cop walking back and forth near the dead kid; his actions caused the whole city to be destroyed. He should be fired immediately.
The rich defend themselves with money an connections
the poor and powerless with demonstrations under the First Amendment.
Nothing has changed?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1188315 Aug 19, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
so where did i get it wrong? right wing talk is very cheap this morning.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1188316 Aug 19, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
just crucify the cop and move on.....

but that won't stop the looting and violence....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 2 hr The real Rudy 89
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr MPMMB 2,614
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 4 hr MPMMB 105
Review: Chicago Union Station Amtrak 4 hr CHICAGO IL UNION ... 1
Review: WGN TV Chicago Channel 9 4 hr TV PRODUCER 1
Clear Blue Skies over Windy City/Chicago, Illin... 4 hr CLEAR BLUE SKY CH... 1
Johnny brandenburg 5 hr Wanting answers 10

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages